If you could make your own mega evolution...

Lord Chespin

Pokemon - Mega Infernape

Type - Fire/Fighting

Ability - Explosive Blaze (Made up ability)

Hp - 80

Attack - 150

Defense - 65

Sp. Attack - 150

Sp. Defense - 65

Speed - 130

Total - 640

Explosive Blaze is a term coined by me for Ash's Infernape's Blaze. Anyway, in game this would up the power of Infernape's fire attacks without it ever having to be low health and non fire type physical attacks have the chance of burning the opponent. Although, Mega Infernape's defense dropped by a small amount overall, making it into more or less a glass cannon.

• 1 month later...

something came in my mind

mega cofagrigus

item-cofagrigite

type-ghost

ability-Deadly curse(if attacked by pysical move opponent looses 1/4 of their hp)

stats

HP-78(+20)

Attack-20(-30)

Defense-185(+40)

Sp.attack-125(+30)

Sp-Defense-165(+60)

Speed-10(-20)

Perhaps we should set some rules about fan-made Mega Evolutions, because you all are breaking the metagame with your creations :P

You do not need to adhere to the rules by word, but I think they are nice guidelines for more "healthy" creations.

1) Do not abuse the minus (-) in your creations. Yes it was cool when Beedrill lost all SpA to get a ridiculous boost to its Atk and Spe (not to mention adaptability) but that was made because Beedrill was never going to be used in any tier and was garbage in general. Other megas, when they lose a stat, it's most times speed, and it's a small loss like -10 to Garchomp and Heracross, that makes the player think twice before using them, in their whole OP-ness. While I understand that you wish to make your pokemon the bestest in its aspect, it's an overkill to decrease a stat it does not use anyway, just to boost another you feel should be OP. We do not want out pokemon to go straight to ubers now, do we?

2) Stay to the concept. This is not necessarily a rule followed by canon megas with Zard X being the prime example, but the main idea behind a mega evolution is to make it better at what it already does. Turning a slow defensive pokemon into the ultimate revenge killer does not seem the best course of action. I'm not saying we should not provide the megas with versatility (we should) but not turn it into something it never wanted to be.

3) Try to choose pokemon that are already underused or forgotten. That's why megas came in existence in the first place! Yes, they boosted the fan-favorite pokemon like Scizor, Mewtwo, Lucario, Gen1 starters and Audino Gyarados, but they also made sure to bring forth some pokemon we would never even consider using before, like Manectric, Sceptile, Banette, Abomasnow and most notably Beedrill and Pidgeot. I'm not saying they always did a good job but the main idea is what matters most.

4) Explain how what you give is us different. Before creating a fan-mega, make sure you have a theme in mind, and aim to give us a pokemon that can not only improve its own role, if any, but also be able to stand out when mixed with others. In other words, why is your mega different or unique, and why should I use it? That of course better avoid ridiculous stat boosts or abilities that come out of nowhere. It's not an easy job, but you won't need scientific theories or clinical trials approved by Medline to create a mega. Find out what it is, how it is different, and give it to us. Frankly speaking, nobody wants to see a CharizardY.v2 or an overpowered Lucario-ish copy. Following up that thought, the best way to determine what boosts to give is to visualize what roles you want it to fill in a team. For example, M-Zard-X is a setup physical sweeper, M-Slowbro is a mixed wall, M-Gardevoir a special Wallbreaker, and M-Banette a... ok I don't know what this one is either.

Cheers.

• Upvote 4

I definitely agree with most of these! Keep in mind to also use flavor and lore in making your Megas. Do not just simply, per se, slap an OP ability on it to make it extremely useful. Keep in mind for it to not overclass any other mon and to give it a proper niche so that it'll still be used. ^^

Speaking of which, here! A brand new Mega!

M-Octilery:
Type:
Water -> Water/Electric
  • I kinda want to base M-Octilery's concept on a bioluminescent octopus that's evolved at some point.
Stats:
  • HP: 75 - 75
  • Atk: 105 - 105
  • Def: 75 - 75
  • SpA: 105 - 125
  • SpD: 75 - 75
  • Spe: 45 - 125

-Made it this way so that Octy can sweep and be an all around powerful mon, mixed, kinda like Volcanion, but faster. Not really that frail, so he's all around a balanced kind of mon. Not too glass cannon, not too fast, and definitely not too bulky. Which is just what makes him all the more threatening. It absorbs oxygen to propel itself at high speeds through water stored within it's suctions. Which is why it's fast. It can also use it's inner electricity for the same concept.

Ability:
  • Tinted Lens - 125 SpA isn't really that amazing for a Mega at all, so, to cope, I gave it Tinted Lens to help with its commonly resisted attacks, even hitting stuff like Rotom-W to a 2HKO of sorts.
New Movepool:
  • Gains Thunderbolt and Zap Cannon for its newfound type.
Final Thoughts:
  • M-Octillery is based on the concept of a bioluminescent octopus that lives in the deep ocean. Due to the darkness and pressure in those depths, it was forced to adapt to it, gaining better eyesight (Tinted Lens), with an intense bioluminescence (Electric type) to help with the darkness even more. Due to the pressure, it was forced to gain faster speeds to propel through those dark depths, giving it longer tentacles in the process.

ok lets try this guy

Mega Noctowl

Flying/Psychic

Unaware

hp 100

Attk 50

Def 90

spattk 97

Spdef 115

Spd 90

ok unlike most people this one not totally based on competitive prowess though now i look it at it can be used quite will in competitive but the reasoning behind my choices is that since its debut noctowl has always been the least popular of the regional birds now for its typing it always felt a psychic type as its hypnotic abilities and the vast array of psychic moves it learns. Originally i was gonna make insomnia its ability but then i remembered you can find them sleeping in gen 2 via headbutt trees and owls are merely nocturnal and sleep during day so unaware cause just look at it do you think it gives a damn about anything and the pilots noctowls from the anime i loved how he slept during the entire episode and woke up in the last 5 min.and the stat distribution i always found it to be kind of a strategic thinker instead of an all out atacker so a bulky all rounded pokemon with just terrible attack and a firly useable spattk and spd stats.

I just want to transfer one of my ideas from another thread to this one.

Mega Shedinja: pure Ghost type
Ability: Wonder Guard
Stats:
HP 1 -> 1
Attack 90 -> 125 (+35)
Defence 45 -> 10 (-35)
Sp. Attack 30 -> 50 (+20)
Sp. Defence 30 -> 10 (-20)
Speed 40 -> 140 (+100)
Concept: the ghost that is inside the shell is now free, that's why it looses the bug typing

You may say that I did exactly the opposite that Nick said :P, but it's Shedinja! It is bad in every way!
Still the mega dies to ANYTHING!

Mega Whiscash

Type: Water/Ground

Ability: Pressure

HP: 110

Attack: 78 -> 103 (+25)

Defense: 73 -> 123 (+50)

Special Attack: 76 -> 101 (+25)

Special Defense: 71 -> 121 (+50)

Speed: 60 -> 10 (-50)

who needs speed amirite?

• Veterans

Mega Drapion

Type: Poison/Dark

Ability: Battle Armor.

HP: 70 -> 70

Attack: 90 -> 120 (+30)

Defense: 110 -> 150 (+40)

SpAtk: 60 >40 (-20)

SpDef: 75 -> 95 (+20)

Speed: 95 > 125 (+30)

Stats are in the same range as they were before;high defense+speed, good attack and average spdef. Bad SpAtk&HP tho. Makes for some balance :P

• Upvote 1

since shedinja is here why not give its counterpart some love?

Mega Njinask

Type:bug/flying

Ability:Adaptability

stats

Atk-135(+45)

Def-90(+45)

Sp.atk-50(+0)

Sp.def-60(+10)

Speed-160(+0)

Had to make a balanced distribution to this mega.if he got the boost like mega beedrill it would become the best glass cannon in the game .with his speed(the highest in the game)an attack boost would make it deadly(not to mention that ninjask can even learn sword dance)

I've alredy given this one the once over today and shared my thoughts else where, but what the hell? why not?

Just keep in mind: I have not done any calcs, it's nearly midnight here. Both of these are very rough ideas- concepts, if you will.

Mega SpindaY

Type: Normal

Ability: Prankster

Atk: 90 (+30)

Def: 95 (+35)

Sp.A: 10 (-50)

Sp.D: 95 (+35)

Speed: 110 (+50)

A relatively balanced, supportive distribution focusing on speed and defenses. I decided to split them into 2 different megas because I wanted to bring out both the natural Troll nature of the Spinda, as well as it's once signature strategy of contrary supapoawh. Anyways, a boost to defenses to help Mega Spinda Y Survive just a bit longer as it covers and helps its team mates set up. Speed to give it a bit of headway and make it faster than some of the other pranksters. All and all, with Spinda's interesting selection of status moves and the various combos that can come with it that other pranksters can't offer, it's sure to get good use out of it's new ability... if one is creative enough.

Mega Spinda X

Type: Normal/Fighting

Ability: Contrary

Atk: 140 (+80)

Def: 70 (+10)

Sp.A: 5 (-55)

Sp.D: 70 (+10)

Speed: 115 (+55)

You uh... you ever see Kung Fu panda? you'll get the reference then... this thing... With contrary superpower ((Spinda would be given Superpower back as either a level up or tutor move)). And that 140 Base Attack... and 115 Speed. With Stab...Oh boy. Of course, gets checked pretty easily by G-wings Talonflame and Mega Alakazam, Mega Bird Jesus, among probably others that I can't think off right now because of the time... but yeah, I imagine this one would probably see more use than mega Panda Y

• Upvote 1

Mega Hitmonchan

Wonder guard

Hp 50

Atk 115

Def 139

Sp atk 35

Sp def 130

Speed 86 speed

So Hitmonchan is a boxer and his basic premise is about defense over offense. So spike up the defenses since his hp is pitiful and give him the ultimate defensive ability. I considered giving more speed over special defense but with that ability power and speed can't be too ridiculous. Overall this makes chan a pretty tough one to take down but not impossible. His attack could be lower to raise his speed tier and keep him from being broken physically but I think this pans out nicely.

He's back with more!

Mega Dunsparce

Type: Normal/Dragon

Ability: Serene Grace

Atk:10 (-60)

Def:80 (+10)

Sp.A:145 (+80)

Sp.D:85 (+20)

Speed:90 (+50)

Dunsparce with Serene Grace... and a set of Ice Beam, Thunder, Flamethrower, Ancient power, etc... there are quite a few options to choose from that it benefits with under it's belt. And given most of said options are special... well, you get a boost to make yourself deadlier, while tanking your attack because you honestly have a far better option going special. A boost in speed to make yourself relevant. I mean, yeah, this thing is pretty straight forward in terms of how it's to be used. The Dragon type could easily be justified if it just got a few moves like Dragon Breath/ Pulse, Draco Meteor, etc... imagine it's aesthetic as being an elongated, winged serpent that is far longer than it's normal self.

Probably the biggest threat it faces though, is Chansey and Blissey, and other bulky special walls that it isn't running SE moves against. Even with that boosted additional effect likelihood and that 145 base Sp.A, it will most likely still have trouble breaking through the mushy wall that is the blissey line... I mean, that thing has Bulk for DAYS afterall.

Mega Torkoal

Type: Fire

Ability: Drought

Atk:120(+35)

Def:160(+20)

Sp.A:120(+35)

Sp.D:80(+10)

Speed:20(+0)

Yes... what you see before you is a bulky Fire type. You may pick your jaws up from the floor. The Defense only gains a slight boost since it's honestly pretty damn good, and the mega instead focuses on boosting Torkoals offenses. Drought gives you the advantage over water and boosts all your fire attacks, as well as allows Solar Beam to hit in a single turn instead of two. Your speed is absolutely abysmal, however, if you run with a trick room or even possibly a baton pass core, that becomes a non issue rather quickly. Or alternatively, you could just opt with a quick shell smash... imagine a STAB Drought Boosted Fire Blast or flamethrower coming off of that...

Now here's an interesting concept bent to a usable form

Mega Castform

Type: Normal (changes by weather)

Ability: Converge [made-up ability] (summons Hail, Rain, or Sun randomly upon entering battle. Changes typing by weather. Reverts to Normal when weather expires)

Atk: 70

Def: 80 (+10)

SpA: 110 (+40)

SpDef: 90 (+20)

Spd: 100 (+30)

I have always thought Castform was a really cool Pokemon and should have its creators thrown in jail for making it suck beyond all reason. I get it was a gimmick, but this would finally make it usable. It would have a fairly balanced Ability that wouldn't work 100% of the time in it's favor, give STAB to Weather Ball and give it coverage in other awesome Weather moves like Solar Beam and Thunder. It has a fantastic movepool but terrible stats. Removal of the weather would ultimately kill it, as it becomes very weak then.

Now here's an interesting concept bent to a usable form

Mega Castform

Type: Normal (changes by weather)

Ability: Converge [made-up ability] (summons Hail, Rain, or Sun randomly upon entering battle. Changes typing by weather. Reverts to Normal when weather expires)

Def: 80 (+10)

SpA: 110 (+40)

SpDef: 90 (+20)

Spd: 100 (+30)

I have always thought Castform was a really cool Pokemon and should have its creators thrown in jail for making it suck beyond all reason. I get it was a gimmick, but this would finally make it usable. It would have a fairly balanced Ability that wouldn't work 100% of the time in it's favor, give STAB to Weather Ball and give it coverage in other awesome Weather moves like Solar Beam and Thunder. It has a fantastic movepool but terrible stats. Removal of the weather would ultimately kill it, as it becomes very weak then.

I was thinking for a mega Castform with an ability like this, but then its moveset would be really messed up since each weather requires different moves.

So I was thinking to give it different mega stones for each weather (+Sandstorm), like Castformite Rain/Sun/Sand/Hail!

I can't believe I didn't find this sooner.

MEGA MAGNEZONE

Type: Electric/Steel [unchanged]

Ability: Levitate [finally]

Def: 115

Spatk: 160 (+30)

Spdef: 110 (+20)

Speed: 110 (+ 50)

Magnezone has always been one of my favourite mons, but it's a shame that its niche as a steel-trapper is shrinking in today's OU meta with the huge influx (pun intended) of offensive threats that outspeed or outmaneuver it, leaving it unable to utilize its great SpAtk. The horrible weakness to Ground (one of the commonest, if the THE commonest, attacking coverage moves) also renders its acceptable bulk rather exploitable. Magnezone needs a revamp, and what better than a well-deserved mega evolution?

Mega Magnezone Gains significant boosts to its SpAtk and SpDef, on par with many other mega pokemon, but most importantly, it finally gains Levitate, which it should have had from the start, (GF logic is bad) and a large boost to its speed along with it, which actually makes sense, since finally being able to get its butt off the ground means that it can fly fast. (Look at Metagross, for a similar justification.)

This makes Magnezone very dangerous, as it can retain Magnet Pull pre-mega to switch in on and trap steel types, and proceed to then Mega Evolve and obliterate them with a stronger HP Fire or Thunderbolt, while also gaining greater bulk and a safe mega evolution, along with a speed boost the next turn. The trapped steel types cannot escape on the turn Magnezone mega evolves, so this allows it to do its job while also gaining the benefits of being a fast, hard hitting, bulky special steel type that can finally make use of its godly typing to shrug off attacks from eleven types out of eighteen.

Time for some creations of mine.

sCTvV1q.gif

Mega-Kingler

Type: Water / Steel

Ability: Battle Armor

HP: 55

Atk: 130 --> 150 (+20)

Def: 115 --> 135 (+20)

SpA: 50 --> 60 (+10)

SpD: 50 --> 80 (+30)

Spe: 75 --> 95 (+20)

M-Kingler is an all around balanced fighter, who can act both offensively and defensively. I was struggling with what ability to give it, but I believe Battle Armor fits most, even if it doesn't give it any true advantage in battle. Kingler will need to learn Meteor Mash too, to be effective, so get on with it GameFreak! Boosted offense, defense and speed. Just throw it out there to kill things. It may dominate your meta or kill you through a computer screen.

MvbVyAL.gif

Mega-Accelgor

Type: Bug / Dark

Ability: Infiltrator

HP: 80

Atk: 70 --> 95 (+25)

Def: 40 --> 60 (+20)

SpA: 100 --> 140 (+40)
SpD: 60 --> 70 (+10)

Spe: 145 --> 150 (+5)

I made this into the perfect ninja. Ability to use both Atk and SpA? Check. Ability to outspeed everything in any tier? Check. Ability to bypass their meaningless defenses? Check. Ability to take hits? No. Good, a ninja relies on stealth, not brute strength. Will it live enough to kill all its foes? I'm not sure, but I'm naming him Assassins Creed, and I plan on murdering any templars pokemon my opponent owns.

since accelgor is made time to make its counterpart

Mega escavalier

Type:bug/steel

Ability:Patience(increase the power of the move by 50% if the user attacks last in the turn)

Stats

Atk-175(+40)

Def-135(+30)

Sp.atk-60(+0)

Sp.def-135(+30)

Speed-20(+0)

this pokemon has potential to be used as a slow heavy hitter.and with the ability i gave to it,it can use its full potential

Mega Haxorus

Type: Dragon

Ability: Tough Claws

Stats:

Hp: 120

Atk: 160

Def: 100

SpA: 60

SpD: 100

Spe: 65

A powerful mega bulky dragon, seeing as it has those stats i decided to knock some of his speed off to make it more checkable. It has tough claws seeing as it has all those blades on it's body and i just think that my reason for creating him would be that he's a rlly cool poke also if you decide to use him i could even create his sprite seeing as i do custom sprites. So i rlly hope you consider it :D

Z21 first of all, welcome to the forums. Make sure you go to the Grand Hall to make an intro post.

Now, I should remind you that a mega evolution cannot receive any points to HP. So you may bring Hax's health back to 76 points.

Also, Haxorus has a BST of 540, so the mega evolution should be giving it another 100 in total, bringing it to 640BST.

Your creation only brings it to 605, so you could give it 35 more points.

You cut 32 points from speed, which was not needed, so if we give the 35 remaining points to speed, we get to 100 speed.

Next step is to redirect the extra 44 points you gave to HP towards SpA and the defenses.

A suggested spread that does not make Haxorus broken is 110Def, 84SpA, 110SpD

You know what we need? Mega Lando-Incarnate!

In all seriousness, though, Zebstrika has good stats and a subpar movepool, but it could work decently with a Mega.

To begin with, it's built for physical, with maybe 8 viable physical attacks. It can't take hits but that's normal for electric. Guaranteed ability-based immunity, though.

Zebstrika

Electric/-----

HP- 75

Atk- 100

Def- 63

sAtk- 80

sDef- 63

Spd- 116

Total- 497

Abilities: LightningRod, Motor Drive, Sap Sipper.

For a mega, first it'd need access to one move: SuckerPunch please Dark Pulse. As for why...

Zebstrika-M

Electric/Dark

HP- 75

Atk- 100

Def- 88 (+25)

sAtk- 140 (+60)

sDef- 63

Spd- 131 (+15)

Total- 597

Ability: Competitive (yeah couldn't think of much here)

It can still use its decent 100 attack, but now its actually-powerful special moves have a chance to deal damage. With LightningRod allowing for a +1 Satk on prediction, or Competitive for +2 after mega, from intimidate or rng downs, it can actually deal threatening damage (that low coverage, though). With 100/140 offensive, it could feasibly used things like Me First for coverage, even, if you felt the harsh reality of its movepool, or just wanted to try something different. Also, it conveniently outspeeds all 130 Speed Pokes, if invested. Additionally, if it got Sucker Punch as well as Dark Pulse, it has a priority STAB off of 100 atk.

At least I didn't just give it Rock Head and +85 Attack/+15Speed for Double Edge and Wild Charge, then argue for Head Smash and Flare Blitz :P

M-Vaporeon~

Type: Water

Ability: Pure Water (pretty bad name for a made up ability :/ ) - Has immunity to electric type moves and if hit by acid/alkali (if any exist) or mineral based moves will lose this ability until switched out. Smelling salts doesn't actually use salt from what the initial meaning of the move was.

HP: 130

Atk:75 (+10) - They do have a tendency to add numbers to unwanted stats

Def:90 (+30)

Sp. Atk: 130 (+20)

Sp. Def: 125 (+30)

Speed: 75 (+10)

Ideally, stats won't ever be added to speed and atk if a mega version ever existed but the chances of that and a mega eeveelution ever popping up is probably way less than 1 in a million.

Since pure water should be able to insulate electricity I just tossed in the electric immunity :P

Still less of a cheat ability than abilities like levitate for electric types (since those also stop ground hazards from wearing them down)

mega_lilligant_x_by_yilx-d76qfje.jpg

Lilligant [GRASS]

70/60/75/110/75/90 (480)

Mega Lilligant [GRASS/FAIRY]

70/65/100/135/100/110 (580)

Ability: Natural Cure

Mega Lilligant (F) @ Lilligantite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball/Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Synthesis/HP Fire
Stats for set:
HP: 343 - Attack: 149 - Defense: 238 - Special Attack: 405 - Special Defense: 236 - Speed: 256
At +1 speed it outspeeds even Weavile.
252+ SpA Lilligant Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Weavile: 402-474 (143 - 168.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Lilligant: 159-190 (46.3 - 55.3%) -- 71.5% chance to 2HKO
  • Upvote 1

If you let this thread die, I will HM01 you.

w5AXzZ9.gif

Mega-Raticate

Type: Normal / Dark

Ability: Strong Jaw

HP: 55

Atk: 81 --> 131 (+50)

Def: 60 --> 70 (+10)

SpA: 50 --> 50 (+0)

SpD: 70 --> 80 (+10)

Spe: 97 --> 127 (+30)

Mega Raticate is a nightmare taken directly from the deep sewers of Demon Souls. Compared to a normal Raticate which is outclassed in everything by everyone, its mega evolution shows some serious sweeping potential. The typing gives it nice offensive coverage and a secondary STAB that is also boosted by its ability. If GameFreak wakes up and makes Hyper Fang be boosted by Strong Jaw, you might see this resident rat on steroids pack a nice punch full of hate. It has some coverage options it can use, some of which are also priority moves, which adds to unpredictability. I do not know if you are going to use it, but I know I certainly will. When I sweep your teams with it, I will have the right to say: "You were good, but my Raticate is at the top percentage of Raticate".

• Upvote 1