If you could make your own mega evolution...

Lord Chespin

@Chespin, you should also make a Stockpile set with Toxic and Spit Up. This one should be devastating. I like the Swallot although Regenerator might be too strong given it already has reliable recovery. Not sure where I'd put it. If I don't calculate Regenerator as OP, it seems to be UU material.

Good call on Regenerator. I updated it to change the ability to Unaware (stopping Pokemon like belly drum Azumarill, swords dance mega Scizor, calm mind Clefable, nasty plot thundrus, and many more), and added the Stockpile set.

Also, Tartar, I hate to burst your bubble, but you can't lower a Pokemon's HP via Mega evolution. That's the one thing you can't do.

Edited by Lord Chespin

• 8 months later...

Let's bring this back too!

mega_octillery_by_mhecafu-dbc8zht.jpg

Mega Octillery

Type: Water

Ability: Skill Link

HP: 75

Attack: 105 -> 155 (+50)

Defense: 75 -> 100 (+25)

Special Attack: 105 -> 125 (+20)

Special Defense: 75 -> 100 (+25) 

Speed: 45 -> 25 (-20)

New Moves: Icicle Spear

I noticed this thing got Rock Blast and Bullet Seed in its movepool, so I decided to capitalise on that. Its special attack gets a small boost so it can still use its special movepool to effect, while increase in bulk is generally useful. A new move in Icicle Spear expands upon its new ability. As a very slow bulky attacker with tons of coverage, it will most likely be able to dish out some damage while taking a hit, but may fall short like Mega Camerupt.

Yay for my 200th post.

Here comes my mega dude. I saw it in a YouTube video. I'm just giving stat,type and ability and story touchups.

Mega Snorlaxmega.thumb.png.378da0845dcf13cffbbd7014a70c48b6.png

Type: Fighting/Normal

Ability: Giant Shield (All physical attacks do half the usual damage). It's just a variant of Fur Coat. This name would make more sense to snorlax.

Height: 11'4"

Weight: 2950.2 lbs

New Moves: Hammer Arm(Lvl 45,70), Rock Wrecker(Lvl 90)

Mega Evolution: Snorlaxite

Base Stats:

HP: 160=160

Atk: 110>160 (+50)

Def: 65>100 (+35)

SpAtk: 65=65

SpDef: 110>135 (+25)

Spd: 30<20 (-10)

Total: 540>640 (+100)

Strengths:

• Physical attacks can barely damage this giant. Even strong fighting and flying attacks, even tho a type disadvantage, deal little damage to this monster.
  • It can stay for a VERY LONG time in battle owing to its tanky personality.

Weakness: 

• It's huge stature can be taken down by Psychic (if they survive) and Fairy pokemon. A single Low Kick from a strong fighting pokemon might spell doom to it.
  • It's horribly low speed is one of the reasons for it maybe not functioning well in offense.

Overall: This pokemon can act as a shield as it can stay in battle for long as it doesn't take much serious hits owing to its ability and also offensive due to its high attack.

History:

• There was a variant in a group of Snorlax. It was never lazy like its counterparts. It enjoyed work-outs regularly, much to the amusement of the others and found its strengths in its bulky stature.
  • During one such work-outs, it observed that it's body had manifested a lot of strength and formed a glittering stone as a control on its beastly power.
  • When the stone was broken (due to anger), the snorlax evolved and grew strong abdominal muscles in place of fat.

So, there it is. If anyone feels it is good, you are free to add it into your game. Please mention my name in your game when you use it.

I'll just tag a few people here so they can tell me if this is gud. @Jan @Amethyst @Caz 

If anyone wants me to do more, please comment here. It's always nice when others like what I'm doing.

Edited by BRS swag

Good lord that is a monster. Anyway, to celebrate the return of this thread, I'll give you this!

「simipour」的圖片搜尋結果

Mega Simipour

Type: Water

Ability: Pure Water (This Pokemon's Water power is 2x; This Pokemon is immune to Electric)

HP: 75

Atk: 98 -> 108 (+10)

Def: 63 -> 88 (+25)

SpA: 98 -> 108 (+10)

SpD: 63 -> 88 (+25)

Spe: 101 -> 131 (+30)

BST: 498 -> 598 (+!00)

Simipour is able to generate completely-pure water around itself through the help of Mega Evolution, increasing the power of its water moves as well as getting rid of one of its weaknesses, Electric! This means it only has exactly one weakness!

Unfortunately, one of its biggest problems still persisted, and that would be its incapability to deal with Grass types. A STAB-less Ice Beam doesn't stand particularly well against the generally specially-bulky Grass-types, and Gunk Shot has a shaky accuracy. On top of that, if it's not running a special set, it would face problems with Water-types as well!

Fountain of Dreams (Specially Offensive)

Spoiler

Simipour @ Simipourite
Ability: Gluttony  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Hydro Pump  
- Ice Beam  
- Grass Knot  
- Focus Blast

It's basically the standard Simipour set. Not much to see here.

Niagara Falls (Physical Sweeper)

Spoiler

Simipour @ Simipourite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Aqua Tail  
- Gunk Shot  
- Ice Punch
- Hone Claws

Set up Hone Claws, spam Aqua Tail, win. Gunk Shot is vital in taking out Grass-types, while Ice Punch is vital in taking out Dragon-types.

That is really good. It has awesome speed which makes it outspeed most mons and can specially/physically deal crazy damage. Pure water is an awesome ability. Due to its good speed, it can also trouble grass types with ice attacks or acrobatics, if it learns it.

But, in the special sweeper and physical sweeper part, you have described its ability as Gluttony.

Edited by BRS swag

2 hours ago, BRS swag said:

But, in the special sweeper and physical sweeper part, you have described its ability as Gluttony.

that's simipour's natural ability; it won't get pure water until it megas.

i suppose it doesn't really matter what ability simipour has though since there's not much reason to not mega first turn

edit: also it does learn acrobatics but that isn't really great since mega stone would make it only 55 bp rather than 110.

i feel like knock off > gunk shot though since you already have ice punch for grass but idk what gunk shot is specifically targeting that ice punch doesn't

also that mega octillery's really cool ngl i had a similar idea for a mega 

mega snorlax honestly seems really op tbh, but i wouldn't know until it's actually been experimented with competitively. giving snorlax fluffy if you want to give the fur coat route (to give it an extra fire weakness) and giving it a mega stone rather than that certain criteria would probably be a lot better, since it prob will be able to use the snorlaxium z

6 hours ago, IntSys said:

Good lord that is a monster. Anyway, to celebrate the return of this thread, I'll give you this!

「simipour」的圖片搜尋結果

Mega Simipour

Type: Water

Ability: Pure Water (This Pokemon's Water power is 2x; This Pokemon is immune to Electric)

Atk: 98 -> 108 (+10)

Def: 63 -> 88 (+25)

SpA: 98 -> 108 (+10)

SpD: 63 -> 88 (+25)

Spe: 101 -> 131 (+30)

BST: 498 -> 598 (+!00)

Simipour is able to generate completely-pure water around itself through the help of Mega Evolution, increasing the power of its water moves as well as getting rid of one of its weaknesses, Electric! This means it only has exactly one weakness!

Unfortunately, one of its biggest problems still persisted, and that would be its incapability to deal with Grass types. A STAB-less Ice Beam doesn't stand particularly well against the generally specially-bulky Grass-types, and Gunk Shot has a shaky accuracy. On top of that, if it's not running a special set, it would face problems with Water-types as well!

Fountain of Dreams (Specially Offensive)

Hide contents

Simipour @ Simipourite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Hydro Pump  
- Ice Beam  
- Grass Knot  
- Focus Blast

It's basically the standard Simipour set. Not much to see here.

Niagara Falls (Physical Sweeper)

Hide contents

Simipour @ Simipourite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Aqua Tail  
- Gunk Shot  
- Ice Punch
- Hone Claws

Set up Hone Claws, spam Aqua Tail, win. Gunk Shot is vital in taking out Grass-types, while Ice Punch is vital in taking out Dragon-types.

I feel like "Tempest" or "Storm Warning" is a better name for it's ability. As "Pure Water" doesn't really imply a boost in water power. What would be cool for "Pure Water" though, was if Simipour was Water/Ice, and with Pure Water, it was treated like it was only a water type. For instance, even though it's Water/Ice, with "Pure Water", Fighting and Rock are still Neutral, and Steel isn't very effective. But it still gets STAB on Ice Beam. I hope that makes sense.

Pure Water is because of the fact that the actual Pure Water (nothing but H2O) is non-conductive, which explains the electric immunity. I also want to keep Simipour purely Water-type, since I want to make the other monkeys pure Fire and Grass as well. Besides, the ability is already good enough; it doesn't need another STAB.

Edited by IntSys

10 hours ago, Fumble said:

that's simipour's natural ability; it won't get pure water until it megas.

i suppose it doesn't really matter what ability simipour has though since there's not much reason to not mega first turn

edit: also it does learn acrobatics but that isn't really great since mega stone would make it only 55 bp rather than 110.

i feel like knock off > gunk shot though since you already have ice punch for grass but idk what gunk shot is specifically targeting that ice punch doesn't

also that mega octillery's really cool ngl i had a similar idea for a mega 

mega snorlax honestly seems really op tbh, but i wouldn't know until it's actually been experimented with competitively. giving snorlax fluffy if you want to give the fur coat route (to give it an extra fire weakness) and giving it a mega stone rather than that certain criteria would probably be a lot better, since it prob will be able to use the snorlaxium z

Ikr that would be too much.........mega snorlax using pulverizing pancake :o 

I guess it's ability will remain the fur coat types since it's totally useless speed is itself a BIG hindrance. But, I will change it's evolution method to a snorlaxite

Edited by BRS swag

definitly mega typhlosion he is my all time favorite pokemon and the design floating around the net is just plain cool although i feel he should become either ground fire or rock fire type since it is the volcano pokemon 

typhlosion.jpg

Here's an idea for one of my personal favorites:

Mega Raichu (Kantonian)

Type: Electric

Ability: Rock Head

HP: 75 (+15)

Attack: 160 (+70)

Defense: 55 (+0)

Special Attack: 40 (-50)

Special Defense: 90 (+10)

Speed: 165 (+55)

BST: 485 -> 585 (+100)

New Move: Flare Blitz (learned at level 60 as Pikachu)

As you can see from the stat change, Mega Raichu becomes much more physically offensive than its other counterparts. It has developed such a habit into ramming its hardened head into the opponent that it now can fully utilize moves such as Volt Tackle and Flare Blitz without taking any damage. It's major weaknesses would be ground types and priority moves. Of course, Alolan Raichu would also get one that is Specially Offensive, but that's a topic for another day.

Edited by FactoryofSadness

On 7/10/2017 at 10:40 PM, MartelloX said:

definitly mega typhlosion he is my all time favorite pokemon and the design floating around the net is just plain cool although i feel he should become either ground fire or rock fire type since it is the volcano pokemon 

typhlosion.jpg

That's literally the Pokemon Insurgence one lol

• 2 weeks later...

8369-Mega-Relicanth.png

Mega Relicanth

Type: Water/Rock

Ability: Solid Rock

HP: 100

Attack: 90 -> 110 (+20)

Defense: 130 -> 160 (+30)

Special Attack: 45

Special Defense: 65 -> 105 (+40)

Speed: 55 -> 65 (+10)

New Moves: Slack Off

Mega Relicanth becomes a pretty defensive beast, with Solid Rock, really good defensive stats, and the new addition of Slack Off. A small buff to Attack and Speed make it slightly less passive too! It does however, lose access to the infamous Rock Head Head Smash combo, but this mega is not of the offensive nature.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

One of my fav

Mega Golisopod

Water/Bug

Ability: Tactical Strike (50% of damage dealt to it is received by the attacker)

Attack: 145 (+20)

Defense:160 (+20)

Sp. Attack: 20

Sp. Def: 100 (+10)

Speed: 100 (+20+40)

40 points of SP.ATk transfered to speed, because who uses golisopod for SP. ATKs anyway

Golisopods weakneses is its ability, so i just gave it an ability similar to Crest Bastiodon from Rejuvination (just without the healing)

It now has relatively decent special bulk and is speeder so it doesn't have to fully rely on priority moves to reliably deal damage

And now a Mega purlly made for shits and giggles

Mega Fortress

Steel Bug

Ability: TACTICAL NUKE!!! (Explosion/Self-destruct are now steel, has +1 priority, and get a damage bonus. And Fortress doesn't take any damage from using one of them)

Attack: 110 (+20)

Defense: 140 (same)

Sp. Atk: 60 (same)

Sp.Def: 140 (+80)

Speed: 40 (same)

Because WHY NOT?

• 1 year later...