If you could make your own mega evolution...

Lord Chespin

Let's hope they don't go for broken megas, unlike here.

With a quick glance I'd say that smogon's article is more stupid than this thread! Psychic/Fairy Butterfree? How, it completely changes BOTH its typings? Shadow Tag M-Lunatone and M-Chandelure? We all know how much Smogon community hates Shadow Tag, why they try to give it to more mons? And don't even let me start with some stats changes I saw, like those on Espeon...

Whatever, how about I share some of the most broken megas I have come up with :P

Mega Octillery

Water/Steel

Ability: No Guard

HP 75

Attack 105 -> 140

Defence 75 -> 105

Sp. Attack 105 -> 140

Sp. Defence 75 -> 105

Speed 45 -> 15

Octillery has one of the most awesome concepts for me! Most people think it is stupid that a fish evolves into an octopus, but the truth is that a Revolver-fish evolves into an Artillery-octopus (or Tank-octopus based on the japanese name). Now the mega evolution makes it a huge unmoving iron Cannon! Water/Steel is an awesome defensive typing that paired with 75/105/105 makes it a very strong bulky attacker. 140 in both offences is really scary and a plethora of strong moves, both physical and special, with the addition of No Guard makes it difficult to switch into this monster!

Mega Stoutland

Normal

Ability: Stakeout

HP 85

Attack 110 -> 150

Defence 90 -> 100

Sp. Attack 45

Sp. Defence 90 -> 110

Speed 80 -> 110

Stoutland has 3 awesome abilities and its mega evolution is going to give it one more! What I have to say for this mega evo? 85/100/110 bulk with a potential Intimidate from the base form and 150 Attack paired with 110 Speed is broken as hell! Not to mention that whatever switches in is probably going to die if M-Stoutland chose the right move. And it has an answer move for almost every pokemon: Return, Crunch, Superpower, Elemental Fangs, Wild Charge and Play Rough are all it needs for coverage.

With a quick glance I'd say that smogon's article is more stupid than this thread! Psychic/Fairy Butterfree? How, it completely changes BOTH its typings? Shadow Tag M-Lunatone and M-Chandelure? We all know how much Smogon community hates Shadow Tag, why they try to give it to more mons? And don't even let me start with some stats changes I saw, like those on Espeon...

Ironically I just came to post the exact same thing. Even they went overboard, in some cases way too much.

I found out this article was made from one member and it's not overseen by the council unlike those that make it to the Smog Magazine.

The idea of Eeveelutions having megas is dumb either way

You know, I'd try that Stoutland if you gave 10 from speed into special attack and make it more balanced.

Well, the Smogon article was kind of stupid, but at least the Smogon guy gave alternate typings and abilities in case the ones he produced were too broken. Also, funnily enough, I made a Mega Octillery too, but it went more like this:

Mega Octillery

Type: Water/Fire

Ability: Analytic

HP: 75

Attack: 130

Defense: 100
Special Attack: 130

Special Defense: 100

Speed: 45

In comparison to pyrromanis' Mega, I decided to give it lower defenses and offenses, but higher speed (not that it matters, since it gets outsped by most stuff anyway; I might change that later). I gave it a Water/Fire typing because it's one of the few water-types to learn fire-type moves (excluding Volcanion), and I gave it Analytic to patch up its relatively low offenses (for a Mega, at least) and abuse its low speed. I might take some cues from your mega, though, pyrro, since you've got great ideas. That's what I like about this thread: we can get feedback about our megas, and refine them until they're balanced!

Well, the Smogon article was kind of stupid, but at least the Smogon guy gave alternate typings and abilities in case the ones he produced were too broken. Also, funnily enough, I made a Mega Octillery too, but it went more like this:

Mega Octillery

Type: Water/Fire

Ability: Analytic

Defense: 100

Special Attack: 130

Special Defense: 100

Speed: 45

In comparison to pyrromanis' Mega, I decided to give it lower defenses and offenses, but higher speed (not that it matters, since it gets outsped by most stuff anyway; I might change that later). I gave it a Water/Fire typing because it's one of the few water-types to learn fire-type moves (excluding Volcanion), and I gave it Analytic to patch up its relatively low offenses (for a Mega, at least) and abuse its low speed. I might take some cues from your mega, though, pyrro, since you've got great ideas. That's what I like about this thread: we can get feedback about our megas, and refine them until they're balanced!

Actually I like your Mega Octillery more than mine! :P

My idea was more or less 'lets make a favorite lower tier mon OP as hell'. I am tottaly in for a Flamethrower-like Octillery and that typing is good to be seen outside of a legendary :D

vpPZrwc.gif

Mega Poliwrath

Type: Water/Fighting

Ability: Water Absorb

HP: 90

Atk: 95 --> 130 (+35)

Def: 95 --> 120 (+25)

SpA: 70 --> 70 (+0)

SpD: 90 --> 110 (+20)

Spe: 70 --> 90 (+20)

It's high time Poliwrath returned to the competitive scene. This strong fellow from Gen1, whom everyone forgets in favor for his derpier brother Politoed, came back with a mega evolution that's going to shake the waters and destroy your stall teams. Pretty balanced between offense and defense like the normal form, but versatile enough to find itself in many different teams. With a key immunity to Water, it guarantees that the opponent will not spam Scald that easily, and with a nice 90/120/110 bulk, it can take some hits and strike back with powerful STAB and coverage moves, as Poliwrath's movepool is quite diverse. In this take, I gave the remaining points to speed, so I make it certain to outspeed both Breloom and Bisharp, things that could bet on the speed tie to kill Poliwrath.

Possible Sets:

Set 1 - Bulky Offensive

Poliwrath @ Poliwrathite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch / Earthquake
Set 2 - More defensive
Poliwrath @ Poliwrathite
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Atk / 88 Def
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk / Toxic
- Circle Throw

Set 3 - Ultra offensive

Poliwrath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Power-Up Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab / Earthquake / Brick Break

I tried to make it powerful enough, but not broken. You can take a look at some calcs I made against common OU/UU pokemon.

OU

OU defensive calcs

252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 88 Def Poliwrath: 270-320 (84.1 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKOPos

0 SpA Mega Slowbro Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 88 Def Poliwrath: 170-204 (44.3 - 53.2%) -- 23.4% chance to 2HKO

0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Poliwrath: 210-248 (54.8 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Poliwrath Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 136 Def Amoonguss: 204-240 (47.2 - 55.5%) -- 16% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Poliwrath: 306-360 (79.8 - 93.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

OU offensive calcs

252+ Atk Poliwrath Brick Break vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 182-216 (51.7 - 61.3%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Poliwrath Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 136 Def Amoonguss: 204-240 (47.2 - 55.5%) -- 16% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

252+ Atk Poliwrath Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 204-240 (48.5 - 57.1%) -- 40.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Poliwrath Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Breloom: 216-256 (82.7 - 98%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Poliwrath Power-Up Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Bisharp: 288-340 (106.2 - 125.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Poliwrath Brick Break vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 536-632 (83.4 - 98.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

UU

UU defensive calcs

252 Atk Mega Absol Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Poliwrath: 186-220 (48.5 - 57.4%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Poliwrath: 222-264 (57.9 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Poliwrath: 70-85 (18.2 - 22.1%) -- possible 5HKO

0 Atk Crobat Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Poliwrath: 136-160 (35.5 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

UU offensive calcs

252+ Atk Poliwrath Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Absol: 408-482 (150.5 - 177.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Poliwrath Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 330-390 (109.6 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Poliwrath Brick Break vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 162-192 (67.2 - 79.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Poliwrath Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 48 Def Crobat: 102-121 (27.3 - 32.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

Okay, today we got a Gen. 1 OU favorite, and I tried my hardest to make it viable. Say hello to...

tauros.gif

Mega Tauros

Type: Normal

Ability: Sheer Force

Defense: 95

Special Attack: 110

Special Defense: 70

Speed: 110

The idea for this guy was to make him basically a better version of what he is in NU: a speedy mixed all-out attacker. With most of the stat boosts going into special attack, Tauros can use moves like fire blast, thunder, and blizzard, all of which get a Sheer Force boost. It's no slouch physically, either, as it can fire of powerful rock climbs, iron tails, earthquakes, and zen headbutts with its hefty 130 Attack. Add in great physical bulk thanks to its pre-mega ability in intimidate and a blazing 110 base speed, and you have an awesome wrecking ball that not many teams can prepare for. It's not all perfect, though, as it has no boosting moves (aside from the unorthodox work up, which I guess could work) and has pitiful special bulk (especially since it'll be investing against special bulk most of the time), but we can't all be Mega Rayquaza, can't we?

In response to Lord Chespin's Mega Tauros, I'm here with Mega Bouffalant!

Mega Bouffalant

Type: Normal

Ability: Afro Guard (1.5x Defense boost and negates Recoil damage)

HP: 95
Attack: 110 -> 175 (+65)
Defense: 95 -> 100 (+5)
Special Attack: 40
Special Defense: 95
Speed: 55 -> 85 (+30)

Bouffalant rushes out the grounds of PU! Its new ability Afro Guard fits to its Pokdex description - Its Afro can absorb damage, even when headbutting! Mega Bouffalant enjoys its newfound bulk, speed and stellar attack stat. Its Head Charge will hurt you - A LOT. Earthquake can be used to hit Steel-types as well, while Megahorn tears down Psychic-types. Pursuit traps Ghost-types and hits them hard. Its variety of coverage options allows it to eliminate threats for its allies. It could run Facade to counter burns, but it will still weaken its Pursuit, limiting its power against Ghost types who would be its bane. Unless running Wild Charge, it gets walled by Skarmory as well.

Since you covered Tauros and Boufallant, don't we need to cover Miltank too?

Mega Miltank

Normal

Ability: Moooooooody

HP 95

Attack 80 -> 100

Defence 105 -> 115

Sp. Attack 40 -> 80

Sp. Defence 70 -> 100

Speed 100

Base form Miltank has some very good abilities, but I decided to give her a completely new one for the sole reason to use the Moo pun... #noshameatall

M-Miltank got mediocore stats everywhere for a mega, outside of her Defence. She's pretty much like Mew, Manaphy, Celebi etc. She has good all around stats but doesn't excell at anything in particullar, although she will mostly be used as a physical defensive mon. The huge Sp. Attack boost will help Miltank use the plethora of special moves she gets as a normal type. Milk Drink and Heal Bell makes it very hard to bring her down without a SE hit. Outside of healing and dealing damage Miltank can also spread paralysis with TWave and set rocks multiple times through the match due to Milk Drink!

The mega might not look terrifying like Whitney's Miltank, but she's definetely a mon that can be used in high tiers (if Smogon decide to unban Moody...)

It's time for two sweet fellows to join the Mega scene!

Mega Aromatisse

Type: Fairy

Ability: Aroma Waft (Raises a Safeguard whenever the user enters the field, also cures allies' status aliments.)
HP: 101
Attack: 72
Defense: 72 -> 107 (+35)
Special Attack: 99 -> 140 (+41)
Special Defense: 89 -> 123 (+34)
Speed: 29 -> 19 (-10)
BST: 462 -> 562

Mega Aromatisse graces the battlefield as the slowest Trick Room user out there! With 19 base speed, it gets to move before Mega Camerupt does, an useful trait in the lower tiers. It also gains a huge amount of bulk alongside an impressive 140 Special Attack, allowing it to hit hard while passing Wish. It functions in Doubles especially well since its ability applies Safeguard to your side while curing nasty aliments like burns, making it an excellent partner for Iron Fist Conkeldurr.

Mega Slurpuff

Type: Fairy

Ability: Sugar Rush (+1 Priority to ALL Fairy-type moves. A Fairy version of Gale Wings)
HP: 82
Attack: 80 -> 120 (+40)
Defense: 86 -> 96 (+10)
Special Attack: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Special Defense: 75 -> 85 (+10)
Speed: 72 -> 92 (+20)
BST: 480 -> 580

Mega Slurpuff rushes into the battlefields, whipping itself up into a bulkier Talonflame! Although lacking in speed, its Sugar Rush allows it to put a priority over that Play Rough, which can be really devastating for Dragons! Players can also abuse this fact and use Belly Drum while forcing the enemy's Dragon-type to switch, making it an unstoppable sweeper!
Another amazing part is the fact that it COMPLETELY DESTROYS Sableye, with it not being able to outrace Slurpuff in the +1 Priority battle, it will get KO'd by a swift Play Rough.
It's not completely without fault, tho. Its Attack stat, although excellent, falls short against bulkier threats unless a Belly Drum has been used. On top of that, anything that resists Play Rough can take out Slurpuff easily in return. Notably Skarmory who can phaze Belly Drum Mega Slurpuff.

Edited by IntSys

I heard you like Mega Mudkipz! (yes, I know Mudkip is pure Water and not Water/Ground):

Mega Quagsire

Water/Ground

Ability: Unaware

HP 95

Attack 85 -> 110

Defence 85 -> 120

Sp. Attack 65 -> 85

Sp. Defence 65 -> 100

Speed 35 -> 20

Quagsire is one of the few pokemons that have manage to raise straight from the NU to OU. But it seems that it couldn't stay there for too much and become to steadily drop. The stat boost from a mega evo can easily place it in OU again and probably stay there forever.

Mega Whiscash

Water/Ground

Ability: Mold Breaker

HP 110

Attack 78 -> 123

Defence 73 -> 98

Sp. Attack 76 -> 86

Sp. Defence 71 -> 81

Speed 60 -> 70

Just a worst M-Gyarados tbh... What makes M-Whiscash different than Megados is the less weaknesses and STAB EQ. Other than that, just a worst Mold Breaker Dragon Dancer.

Mega Gastrodon East

Water/Ground

Ability: Dazzling

HP 111

Attack 83 -> 88

Defence 68 -> 100

Sp. Attack 92 -> 107

Sp. Defence 82 -> 130

Speed 39

Mega Gastrodon West

Water/Ground

Ability: Stamina

HP 111

Attack 83 -> 108

Defence 68 -> 93

Sp. Attack 92 -> 122

Sp. Defence 82 -> 102

Speed 39

Gastrodon is going to be the 1st Mega that gets 2 different mega evos but with only one mega stone. Each different form of Gastrodon gets different stats and abilities but both focus to be more defencive.

Mega Seismitoad

Water/Ground

Ability: Protean

HP 105

Attack 95 -> 135

Defence 75 -> 80

Sp. Attack 85 -> 110

Sp. Defence 75 -> 80

Speed 74 -> 99

I know I made another M-Seismitoad a while back together with the other frogs, but I said 'why not another one?'.

Then you see Protean with 135/110 offences and you say that this is stronger than Greninja, and we all know how broken it was for OU. But Seismitoad has neither the coverage nor the Speed Graninja has to make it that broken. 99 Speed lets it get outsped by the myriads of base 100 and they can easily utilize Seismitoad's type that gets changing constantly.

Actually, I made a Mega Whiscash a while back that I think isn't actually an inferior Gyrados. Here it is:

whiscash.gif

MEGA WHISCASH

Type: Water/Ground

Ability: Sap Sipper

HP: 110

Attack: 128

Defense: 93

Special Attack: 56

Special Defense: 91

Speed: 90

With this Mega, Whiscash finally becomes viable, if only in the lower tiers. With a Water/Ground-typing and Sap Sipper, it has no weaknesses, meaning that you'll have to just take it down the hard way with neutral hits- and with great 110/93/91 bulk, it's easier said than done. While it has no reliable recovery, it still excels as a bulky attacker with dragon dance, as just one boost or misprediction allows it to sweep entire teams. Unfortunately, if it doesn't get off a boost, it's rather slow and weak for a Mega; it also lacks many coverage moves. Regardless, if it gets just one boost, it's a terrifying foe to face.

It's been a while since a created some megas. Today I decided to do some favorites!

Mega Clawitzer

Water

Ability: Mega Launcher

HP 71

Attack 73 - 93

Defence 88 - 93

Sp. Attack 120 - 160

Sp. Defence 89 - 103

Speed 59 - 70

I don't have to say much about this. Straightforward boosts to my beloved shrimp's stats. Mega Launcher and 160 Sp. Attack nukes everything together with the awesome coverage it has. M-Clawitzer speed ties with base 70 mons now and the small defencive boosts will help it take better some non-STAB moves better.

Mega Zoroark

Dark

Ability: Disguise

HP 60

Attack 105 -> 120

Defence 60 -> 70

Sp. Attack 120 -> 140

Sp. Defence 60 -> 85

Speed 105 -> 135

How much I love this pokemon is beyond words! It's not weird that is my 3rd favorite pokemon behind Lucario and Emboar. I instantly loved its unique ability that trolls enemies hard! Too bad it was too broken and GF had to create team preview :(. But its mega evolution is not about Illusion but about a new signature ability SM is going to give us! You may think that Disguise fits perfectly with Mimikyu since it is tied with its design, but I beleive it can fit perfectly with Zoroark's powers. You may think how can Zoro put a Disguise and what it would be look like. Honestly, I'm not quite sure, but it certainly would have to do with the last pokemon in the party! Maybe it should change its color pallet to resemble the last member, dunno. Whatever, M-Zoroark is a better glass cannon than base form and the ability actualy helps it survive at least 1 hit. Its base speed brings it at the point where M-Lop and M-Mane are and its offencive stats let it hit from the both sides of spectrum. Special note for Sucker Punch, which I think it will be the pokemon with the strongest priority in the game (not sure, don't take my word for granted).

JqJzoJB.jpg

Mega Bibarel

Normal

Ability: Pure Power

HP 79 -> 85
Attack 85 -> 137

Defence 60 -> 90
Sp. Attack 55 -> 5
Sp. Defence 60 -> 65
Speed 71 -> 123

As you can see, this is the moveset that Bidoof deserves. Anything less would be an insult to your God and Savior, Bidoof, who is only along with Arceus and Amethyst forms the holy trinity that governs our World.

• Upvote 1

JqJzoJB.jpg

Mega Bibarel

Normal

HP 79 -> 85

Attack 85 -> 137

Defence 60 -> 90

Sp. Attack 55 -> 5

Sp. Defence 60 -> 65

Speed 71 -> 123

As you can see, this is the moveset that Bidoof deserves. Anything less would be an insult to your God and Savior, Bidoof, who is only along with Arceus and Amethyst forms the holy trinity that governs our World.

252+ Atk Pure Power Bibarel Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 157-186 (57.9 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Bibarel: 474-560 (131.3 - 155.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Pure Power Bibarel Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Alakazam: 211-249 (84 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That feeling when it can still die to Mega Lopunny in a 1v1, and get blown to bits by Focus Miss.

Not even giving it HP boosts (Breaking the Mega rule there, kinda) and sacrificing almost all of its Special Attack can save it!

Edited by IntSys

252+ Atk Pure Power Bibarel Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 157-186 (57.9 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Bibarel: 474-560 (131.3 - 155.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Pure Power Bibarel Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Alakazam: 211-249 (84 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That feeling when it can still die to Mega Lopunny in a 1v1, and get blown to bits by Focus Miss.

Not even giving it HP boosts (Breaking the Mega rule there, kinda) and sacrificing almost all of its Special Attack can save it!

Are you sure you put 137 base attack? It looks very weak for a STAB Quick Attack...

Maybe it's just that bad :|

Fine, you give me no choice. I purposefully put limiters upon our Lord and God, Bidoof to spare the eyes of mortals of such a terrifying and inspiring sight.

Here it is... Mega MEGA Bibarel

Fake+this+is+how+lvl+100+bidoof+looks+li

Normal

HP 79 -> 2
Attack 85 -> 255
Defence 60 -> 1
Sp. Attack 55 -> 1
Sp. Defence 60 -> 1
Speed 71 -> 250

Edited by Tartar

Are you sure you put 137 base attack? It looks very weak for a STAB Quick Attack...

Maybe it's just that bad :|

I actually put 137 Attack. This is really how much it sucks.

As for the new MEGA times 2 Bibarel, let me add this to Ceph's reply: Anything with Sturdy, Mega Pinsir running Feint, and the plethora of powerful Extreme Speed users.

With defenses of such caliber, it gets 2HKO'd by Adamant Excadrill's Rapid Spin!

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Rapid Spin vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Bibarel: 153-181 (73.5 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Don't turn this topic into a joke. Make sure you think about competitive battling before you design a mega, think of possible sets it could get based on what abilities, typing and extra stats you give it, and provide calcs. More work provides more realistic results and definitely helps think the creation twice over. Look at what was proposed for M-Poliwrath and M-Froslass before and you'll understand.

Also, try to provide images or gifs for those posts. It makes them much easier to read and evaluate.

Having said that, here's Mega Mandibuzz

SIAi848.png

Type: Dark / Flying

Ability: Touch Claws

HP: 110

Atk: 65 --> 105 (+40)

Def: 105 --> 135 (+30)

SpA: 55 --> 55 (+0)

SpD: 95 --> 115 (+20)

Spe: 80 --> 90 (+10)

BST: 510 --> 610

The new M-Mandibuzz can work both with an offensive and a defensive set. It depends on what the player wants to do. With its new ability it has lost its sand and spore immunity, but has gained some offensive pressure against more defensively oriented teams. The buffs in Def and SpD make up for the loss of lefties/rocky helmet, and Roost is always an option to use.

Mandibuzz has a nice movepool with support moves, so if you don't want to risk using it as an offensive wallbreaker, you might as well keep its role and have it serve as a wall for so many pokemon. At the same time it can put a timer on opposing walls and tanks with Toxic, Foul Play and constant heal from Roost, like the normal set (which also has defog). Its typing helps defeat major threats, even if it leaves it open to the common Ice and Rock moves. Electric and Fairy are usually STAB, so you'll know to switch out. Even so, depending on your spread you might be able to tank a hit or two.

Here are some calcs for your information:

OU

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mandibuzz Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 96+ Def Mega Venusaur: 338-402 (93.1 - 110.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

224 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mandibuzz: 318-374 (88 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mandibuzz Steel Wing vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 348-412 (144.3 - 170.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mandibuzz Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 135-160 (44.5 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mandibuzz Brave Bird vs. 132 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 296-350 (79.1 - 93.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 244 Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mandibuzz: 256-303 (70.9 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mandibuzz: 240-284 (66.4 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

UU

252 Atk Mega Aerodactyl Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mandibuzz: 260-308 (72 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mandibuzz Steel Wing vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 214-254 (71 - 84.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mandibuzz: 312-368 (86.4 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Adaptability Mega Beedrill Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 188+ Def Mandibuzz: 120-142 (33.2 - 39.3%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Feraligatr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 188+ Def Mandibuzz: 239-283 (56.3 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Feraligatr: 288-339 (92.6 - 109%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

• Upvote 1

1b6cd78506312e2c6b1689079a9051d6.png
Mega Hariyama

Type: Fighting

Ability: Thick Fat

HP: 144

Atk: 120 -> 140 (+20)

Def: 60 -> 100 (+40)
Sp. Atk: 40 -> 40 (+0)

Sp. Def: 60 -> 100 (+40)
Speed: 50 -> 50 (+0)

BST: 474 -> 574

Hariyama takes back the metagame by storm! With its superb bulk along with Thick Fat, it can easily find an opportunity to Bulk Up, or even run a RestTalk set! That said, it still faces problems against Wallbreakers, and it gets worn down easily, too. Words just aren't enough, so here are some notable calculations:
OU

252+ Atk Hariyama Stone Edge vs. 240 HP / 216+ Def Mandibuzz: 180-214 (42.7 - 50.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Hariyama Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 602-710 (93.7 - 110.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hariyama: 268-316 (54.4 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Hariyama Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 247-292 (76.4 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Thick Fat Hariyama in Sun: 157-186 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 92% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hariyama: 169-201 (34.3 - 40.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hariyama: 203-239 (41.2 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hariyama: 153-180 (31 - 36.5%) -- 64.7% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Hariyama Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Skarmory: 169-201 (50.5 - 60.1%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

224 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hariyama: 356-422 (72.3 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (*Gets 2HKO'd by Bullet Punch)

+2 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Thick Fat Hariyama: 186-219 (37.8 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (*Easily shuts down Volcarona)

252 Atk Mega Lopunny High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hariyama: 219-258 (44.5 - 52.4%) -- 19.1% chance to 2HKO

UU

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hariyama: 264-312 (53.6 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (*Mind you, it doesn't normally run Aerial Ace)

252+ Atk Hariyama Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 290-342 (96.3 - 113.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hariyama: 193-228 (39.2 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Hariyama Close Combat vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 219-258 (61.8 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Hariyama Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 824-972 (115.4 - 136.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Hariyama Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 120 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 290-344 (77.5 - 91.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hariyama: 213-252 (43.2 - 51.2%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Hariyama Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chandelure: 268-316 (102.6 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Hariyama: 285-336 (57.9 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Hariyama Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 249-294 (84.9 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hariyama: 269-317 (54.6 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Sample Sets:

KING OF THE RING (Bulky Attacker, Catch-All Counter Set)

Hariyama @ Hariyamite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant / Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch / Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
This set is capable of checking many threats at once, while still being a decent wallbreaker. Use Brave instead of Adamant, and 0 Speed IVs if you want to run a Trick Room set.

I SLEEP ON YOUR CORPSE (RestTalk Mono-Attacker)

Hariyama @ Hariyamite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
This set is designed for an insane amount of endurance. Maximum Special bulk on top of Bulk Up's defense boost makes this thing a powerful monster late game. Be sure to get rid of the opponent's Ghost-types before letting this thing go out.

Edited by IntSys
  • Upvote 2

Okay, I think I might have created a monster. Say hello to...

gigalith.gif

MEGA GIGALITH

Type: Rock/Steel

Ability: Quartz Aura (Sets trick room once it enters the battlefield)

HP: 85

Attack: 165

Defense: 160

Special Attack: 60

Special Defense: 120

Speed: 25

Poor Gigalith is pretty awful competitively. He's stuck in the depths of PU, and even there he's completely outclassed by Golem. So, to give him a shot at viability, I gave him a godsend in a new ability that flips his god-awful speed into basically the best speed in the game, which at the same time makes him a staple on trick room teams! Not only that, but with his awesome weight and new Steel-type STAB, he can make great use of heavy slam! Unfortunately, he's a sitting duck outside of trick room, and has a horrendous defensive typing that makes him easy to revenge kill despite his good defenses. Here's some calculations:

252+ Atk Gigalith Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 454-536 (70.7 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gigalith: 276-328 (73.7 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Gigalith Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 244 HP / 8 Def Gliscor: 211-249 (59.9 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

252+ Atk Gigalith Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 452-534 (115 - 135.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gigalith: 316-376 (84.4 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Gigalith Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 544-644 (140.9 - 166.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Gigalith Superpower vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 230-272 (65.3 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Tangrowth Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gigalith: 192-228 (51.3 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Gigalith Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tangrowth: 177-208 (43.8 - 51.4%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO

Sample Sets:

GOTTA GO FAST (Trick Room Bulky Attacker, Standard)

Gigalith @ Gigalithite

Ability: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/0

Brave Nature

- Stone Edge

- Heavy Slam

- Superpower

- Earthquake

YOU'RE TOO SLOW (Doubles Standard)

Gigalith @ Gigalithite

Ability: Sturdy