If you could make your own mega evolution...

Lord Chespin

I see where you get there...

Pokemon with Dig are hit by: Earthquake, Intensity and FISSURE.

Pokemon that Fly or Bounce are hit by: Twister, Thunder, Gust, Hurricane and Sky Uppercut (Thunder, Twister and Gust do double damage)

Pokemon with Dive still get hit by: Sufer and Whirlpool - and for double damage

The only Pokemon that might be invulnerable are Pokemon with Phantom Force or Shadow Force

HOWEVER there are always: Mind Reader and Lock-On!

two moves that I never see used, because frankly... there is no actual use in the meta, because there are so few moves that could profit from them, but these moves are not used because there are better moves (Zap Cannon for example, never sees use because we have Thunder and Thunderbolt)

and on the topic of Dig:

who DOESN'T run Earthquake on at least one of their mons?

and the only Pokemon being immune to Earthquake during dig would be Vibrava/Flygon because of Levitate (the only Dig users with Levitate iirc)

or you would have to strap on a Air Baloon to make any Pokemon immune during Dig

But I already said:

Time Paradox might be a bit broken, and gave Magic Bounce as an alternetive (more boring) ability...

and Maybe the speed boost is a bit much with Time Paradox in play - I give you that...

and maybe we could make it that Time Paradox has an inbuild "Pressure" for itself, so it would take 2 PP per attack (like 1 PP per turn that would normally happen, but now happens in one turn

anyway - this topic is for mega-evolutions and not the abilities (I had time paradox already in the make your own ability topic)

Well, I had a bit of a field day making this guy.

MEGA FLYGON It's about bloody time

flygon.gif

Type: Fairy/Ground

Ability: Pixilate

HP: 80

Attack: 130 (+30)

Defense: 80

Special Attack: 130 (+50)

Special Defense: 80

Speed: 120 (+20)

My idea for this guy was to utilize its wide movepool and make it into a good special and physical sweeper. Fairy-typing and pixilate comes in to capitalize on its ability to learn boomburst, which (alongside eartquake/earth power) gives it pretty much perfect neutral coverage (aside from Charizard, Mega Charizard Y, Crobat, and Skarmory). If you'd rather go physical, you can use return or facade (for absorbing statuses) and earhquake, which (while not as powerful as boomburst) is still a good lure for special walls. Add in additional moves like quick attack, fire punch/flamethrower/heat wave, bug buzz, superpower, stone edge, giga drain, and crunch, and you've got an incredibly terrifying Pokemon.

It's not all sunshine & rainbows for Flygon, though. It has rather middling bulk, so repeated strong attacks can wear it down fast. It also is weak to two common forms of priority in bullet punch and ice shard, meaning that Pokemon like Weavile, Mamoswine, and Scizor can wail on it. Overall, though, it's pretty awesome.

Inb4 Jericho says "why not give Slaking huge power" and bans it to ubers

Mega Espeon

HP: 65

Attack: 65

Defense: 60 -> 75 (+15)

Sp. Attack: 130 -> 170 (+40)

Sp. Defense: 95 -> 120 (+25)

Speed: 110 -> 130 (+20)

Type: Psychic

Ability: Analytic

Mega Umbreon

HP: 95

Attack: 65 -> 105 (+40)

Defense: 110 -> 130 (+20)

Sp. Attack: 60

Sp. Defense: 130 -> 160 (+30)

Speed: 60 -> 70 (+10)

Type: Dark

Ability: Unaware

People giving Mega Flygon new typings even though it's primary type is GROUND/Dragon. No Mega has ever lost it's primary typing. Flygon Might get a new ability, but I'd think it'd mostly be just improved stats and maybe a couple new moves. If I'm going to take a stab in the dark.

80 -> 80

100 -> 135

80 -> 90

80 -> 100

80 -> 90

100 -> 125

It gains Dragon Dance as a possible Egg Move.

That's my prediction.

I got a new Mega for you Ladies and Gentlemen!!!!!

MEGA SERPERIOR!!!!!!

CtHy1yX.png

Type: Grass

Ability: Contrary

HP:75 +0

Attack:75 -> 55 -20

Defense:95 -> 110 +15

Sp. Attack:75 ->125 +50

Sp. Defense:95 -> 110 +15

Speed:113 -> 132 +19

BST: 528 -> 628

Serperior looked so cool to me and is one of my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon. Why don't we give it a mega? It has decent bulk, decent HP, decent attack and special attack, and amazing speed. It is commonly known for it's contrary Leaf Storms that can put a dent in some Pokemon. except Heatran and most types that resist grass. So if it got a bit bulkier and got more attack/special attack, it will be a force to be reckon'd with. With Protean you can have STAB on all moves that your Serperior carry. A move set you can have on Mega Serperior can be: Leaf Storm, Dragon Pulse, Hidden Power Fire/Ground, and Protect/Taunt. With this move set you can set up a Leaf Storm using your previous ability (Contrary), then Mega Evolve to use Mega Serperior's boosted stats. With boosted defenses and boosted attack stats, but shallow movepool, Mega Serperior will be used to sweep and tank a few hits.

Tell me whatcha think ^3^

I was grinding Lillipup when a thought crossed my mind, why doesn't Stoutland get a mega evolution? Our Shih Tzu-Maltese-terriers hybrid should totally get a mega, now that it sits in PU, a tier good ol' faithful dogs dont deserve.

Mega Stoutland

stoutland.gif

Typing: Normal

Ability: Moxie / Normalize

HP 85

Attack 110 -> 140 (+30)

Defense 90 -> 110 (+20)

Sp Attack 45

Sp Defense 90 -> 100 (+10)

Speed 80 -> 120 (+40)

BST 500 -> 600

What essentially changes is its speed, which its original speed put it in PU in the first place since many more normal type outspeed or outclass it to NU like Zangoose. Boosting its speed will at least allow it to outspeed some fast threat and giving it more physical bulk would tank non-STAB fighting moves which it is only weak to. Moxie is an ability i come up with due to normal type not being supereffective against any type, that gives it a little bit of edge when it brings down a foe, it boosts the physical attack it takes pride in for a physical sweeper role. Another ability i am considering is Normalize, having other physical moves of other types turning into STAB. Any better suggestions for mega Stoutland is welcomed as this is just a very rough idea that pops into my head spontaneously, i would love to see more prowess for our doges.

Just let it keep Contrary, it's much better that way. After mega evolving Serperior you wouldn't be able to use Leaf Storm without switching out afterwards anymore, it'd have to sweep with HP Ground and Dragon Pulse alone.

And make it Grass/Dragon and hope for a Draco Meteor event.

Why not have MEGA MAGNEZONE?

Right, also:

MEGA LUXRAY

(Can't do any drawing sorry :/)

Type: Electric/Dark (long live the king!)

Ability: Strong Jaw

HP: 80

Atk: 150 (+30)

Def: 94 (+15)

SpAtk: 105 (+10)

Spdef: 94 (+15)

Speed: 100 (+30)

Oh yes, about time some good old Gen4 mons got a much-needed Mega. Luxray is a prime example of something that can go from hefted to hefting, like Lopunny, with the right mega.

Regular Luxray has an excellent set of abilities in Intimidate and Guts, as well as a powerful enough Attack and a usable Special Attack with a good set of coverage in the elemental fangs, Crunch, Superpower, etc along with STAB Volt Switch for utility. However, its power is subpar today, and it is also only as fast as Bisharp, with no priority and less-than-excellent bulk.

This Mega seeks to fix that. A significant boost to its attack and a slight boost to its special attack bring it to currently acceptable levels of power while also making a mixed set viable. The boost to its speed puts it on par with other powerful wallbreaker like Mega Gardevoir and the Charizards, while improvements to its bulk allow it to take a few odd hits better, especially with Intimidate as a pre-mega ability.

The ability matters. We could give it Tough Claws like every other mega, seemingly, but if there's one strength that big cats have, it's a Jaw-dropping (heh) bite force. With its new Dark typing, Luxray can abuse a Strong Jaw boost to a STAB Crunch to rip through teams like Mega Shapedo, with access to a boosted Ice Fang and Fire Fang as well. I also feel that, like Lopunny receiving HJK with its new Mega, Luxray should receive Flame Charge (from Pyroar, maybe?) or some other way to boost its speed.

Edited by Viridescent
  • Upvote 1

llodTAP.gif

Mega Beartic

Type: Ice / Fighting

Ability: Guts

HP: 95

Atk: 110 --> 160 (+50)
Def: 80 --> 105 (+25)

SpA: 70 --> 60 (-10)

SpD: 80 --> 105 (+25)

Spe: 50 --> 60 (+10)

Welcome to another Mega Evolution! This episode we took a forgotten bear and turned it into a killing machine. I am sure you didn't forget how Ice types have been neglected by GameFreak and have little tools to use to their advantage. I know you were frustrated. Well, fear not, because I bring you a Mega Evolution that takes a cool original creation and gives it just the right tools to abuse all the potential hidden within the cave it resides. Beartic remains slow, but now has obtained a Fighting subtype to help with its SR weakness and get nice STAB coverage to abuse offensively. A huge Atk stat, coupled with 95 / 105 / 105 bulk is nothing to laugh at. Beartic can work as a huge physical wallbreaker that also gets access to SD and Aqua Jet. Sure it has more weaknesses than before (totalling... 6), but it's balanced out by it's new awesome ability in Guts, which it now uses to sponge status. I'm not sure if it is OU material, but all Beartic wants is to be given some love. Don't give him the cold shoulder.

• Upvote 2

I got a new Mega for you Ladies and Gentlemen!!!!!

MEGA SERPERIOR!!!!!!

Type: Grass

Ability: Protean

HP:75 +0

Attack:75 -> 53 -22

Defense:95 -> 110 +15

Sp. Attack:75 ->150 +50

Sp. Defense:95 -> 110 +15

Speed:113 -> 130 +17

BST: 528 -> 628

Serperior looked so cool to me and is one of my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon. Why don't we give it a mega? It has decent bulk, decent HP, decent attack and special attack, and amazing speed. It is commonly known for it's contrary Leaf Storms that can put a dent in some Pokemon. except Heatran and most types that resist grass. So if it got a bit bulkier and got more attack/special attack, it will be a force to be reckon'd with. With Protean you can have STAB on all moves that your Serperior carry. A move set you can have on Mega Serperior can be: Leaf Storm, Dragon Pulse, Hidden Power Fire/Ground, and Protect/Taunt. With this move set you can set up a Leaf Storm using your previous ability (Contrary), then Mega Evolve to use Mega Serperior's boosted stats. With boosted defenses and boosted attack stats, but shallow movepool, Mega Serperior will be used to sweep and tank a few hits.

Your math is off. Also, an attack drop of that magnitude is not at all realistic.

mega_tangrowth_by_skeppio-d83j70d.png

Mega Tangrowth
Type: Grass/Rock
Ability: Natural Cure
HP: 100
Attack: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Defense: 125 -> 145 (+20)
Special Attack: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Special Defense: 50 -> 100 (+50)
Speed: 50 -> 40 (-10)

Tangrowth @ Tangrowthite
Ability: Regenerator (Natural Cure)
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Synthesis
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Power Whip

Stats
HP: 403
Attack: 278
Defense: 328
SpAtk: 266
SpDef: 328
Speed: 116

Combine Synthesis with this things bulk and you have a bonafide wall. Natural Cure allows it to deal with statuses like Toxic and Burn fairly well. It can also be utilized to absorb thunder waves as well since it doesn't care much about them. With Toxic of its own it can stall out quite a few opposing pokemon so long as you don't allow the opponent to set up on you.

• Upvote 1

vqu7ZlW.gif

Mega Drapion

Type: Poison / Dark

Ability: Tough Claws

HP: 70

Atk: 90 --> 120 (+30)

Def: 110 --> 135 (+25)
SpA: 60 --> 70 (+10)
SpD: 75 --> 90 (+15)
Spe: 95 --> 115 (+20)

Welcome to yet another episode of "Pimp My Pokemon". This time we got our beloved Drapion and gave it everything our budget could afford. Drapion was a bulky physical attacker whom you could call fast... a generation ago. However, the standards have risen now and Drapion needed those upgrades. So, we gave a good total +30 boost to defenses and another +20 to Speed. Now Drapion can outsped most threats of the meta, while still being checked by several pokemon. Now we had some money left so we awarded 30 points to Gryffindor the Attack stat, which when coupled with Tough Claws is quite strong. Since we had a leftovers 10 points and didn't want to make Drapion broken, we gave those to SpA. Remember fellow trainers that Drapion gets access to SD and several strong moves in Knock Off, EQ, Poison Jab, X-Scizor, various fangs and RKO outta nowhere. Since Drapion is in general a good mon, you can always bluff the mega set and use the normal one with LO, Expert belt or even Band to pursuit trap several traps for your team.

commission__volbeatfiro_8_by_mtc_studios

Type: Poison/Dak

Ability: Intimidate

103 -> 103

93 -> 118 (+25)

67 -> 82 (+15)

71 -> 96 (+25)

61 -> 76 (+15)

84 -> 104 (+20)

Nothing super special with this one, didn't feel there was a whole lot that could be altered with this pokemon. Considered giving it the ability 'Intoxicate' aka Poison Aerilate, but until it's canon, I won't feel right doing so.

• Upvote 2

Mega Delibird

delibird.gif

Type: Ice/Fighting

Ability: Technician

Base Stats

HP 45

Attack 55 -> 95 (+40)

Defense 45 -> 45

Special Attack 65 -> 95 (+30)

Special Defense 45 -> 45

Speed 75 -> 105 (+30)

When you get down to it, one of the objectives of Mega Evolution is to revamp some of the lackluster/underwhelmed mons, and Delibird is one of those instances. Admittedly, Ice/Flying is one of the worst dual typings we have at the moment, this is what put Articuno, legendary which is supposedly fearsome in PU in the first place, therefore i like Mega Delibird to have fighting secondary instead(combative santa ftw), removing susceptibility to stealth rock. It will have a role as a glasscannon, since ice is bad defensively, why not go all out with boost in both attack stats as mixed sweeper? Technician effectively amplifies some coverage moves like Water Pulse and priority like Ice Shard.

Unfortunately, Hushie, delibird still sucks. Especially when one has to sacrifice a Mega slot just to make a horrible Pokémon slightly less horrible. Maybe you could sneak it into LC as a pre-evolution of Articuno or something and try your luck there.

That thing might see use of it could be a regular evolution of Delibird.

Technician Present though! Maybe it will be useful! (Heh. No. It was a joke. Laugh.)

But as a concept, I appreciate the concern that you've given to the poor Santa-Claus rip-off. It certainly is the best that one can do in the way of giving it a Mega. Now show me a Mega Unown!

Edited by Viridescent

Unfortunately, Hushie, delibird still sucks. Especially when one has to sacrifice a Mega slot just to make a horrible Pokémon slightly less horrible. Maybe you could sneak it into LC as a pre-evolution of Articuno or something and try your luck there.

That thing might see use of it could be a regular evolution of Delibird.

Technician Present though! Maybe it will be useful! (Heh. No. It was a joke. Laugh.)

But as a concept, I appreciate the concern that you've given to the poor Santa-Claus rip-off. It certainly is the best that one can do in the way of giving it a Mega. Now show me a Mega Unown!

Thanks, Viri :D Yeah, i love ice types, but it doesn't help by the fact that the only few viable ice types are Mamo, regular Kyurem and its Black and White variance and Weavile which sit on higher tier, if only GF could revisit some of the older designs and give them regular evolutions they much deserve, Mega Walrein and Mega Mamo are the topics for another day(I think someone on the forum came up with Mega Cryogonal, i can't seem to recall). Mega Unown in 28 different characters, mhmmm...

I think alternate forms is more appropriate for Unown seeing how 'powerful' it is in the movies but that's for another topic. Anyway, I want to see someone make Mega Chandelure. Bring back Shadow Tag to Chandelure!

mega_gourgeist_by_foxstarrmoon-d8v2emq.p

Mega Gourgeist

Type: Grass/Ghost

Ability: Flash Fire

Small:

85 -> 105 (+20)

122 -> 142 (+20)

58 -> 73 (+15)

75 -> 95 (+25)

99 -> 124 (+25)

Normal:

90 -> 115 (+25)

122 -> 142 (+20)

58 -> 73 (+15)

75 -> 95 (+20)

84 -> 104 (+20)

Large:

95 -> 125 (+30)

122 -> 142 (+20)

58 -> 73 (+15)

75 -> 95 (+20)

69 -> 84 (+15)

Large:

100 -> 135 (+35)

122 -> 142 (+20)

58 -> 73 (+15)

75 -> 95 (+20)

54 -> 64 (+10)

It's changes are different depending on the form amplifying them accordingly.

Gourgeist-Super @ Gourgeistite
Ability: Insomnia (Flash Fire)
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flame Charge
- Bullet Seed
- Synthesis

fEJRhCC.png

Mega Gourgeist

Type: Grass/Ghost

Ability: Flash Fire

Small:

85 -> 105 (+20)

122 -> 142 (+20)

58 -> 73 (+15)

75 -> 95 (+25)

99 -> 124 (+25)

Normal:

90 -> 115 (+25)

122 -> 142 (+20)

58 -> 73 (+15)

75 -> 95 (+20)

84 -> 104 (+20)

Large:

95 -> 125 (+30)

122 -> 142 (+20)

58 -> 73 (+15)

75 -> 95 (+20)

69 -> 84 (+15)

Large:

100 -> 135 (+35)

122 -> 142 (+20)

58 -> 73 (+15)

75 -> 95 (+20)

54 -> 64 (+10)

I'm surprised of how similar your mega gourgeist and my mega gourgeist are. Same defense, almost same speed, same ability. In fact now that I look at them, many megas in this thread are similar to mine. I guess people tend to see certain mons in very similar ways

Mega Shuckle

Type:Bug/Rock

Ability:Contrary

HP:20

ATK:10

DEF:280(+50)

SP ATK:10

SP DEF:280(+50)

SPEED:5

Mega Regigigas

Type:Normal

Ability:Turbo boost(doubles the ATK and Speed after 5 turns)basically when slow start has ended and stats return normal,they are boosted by this ability.it seem fair to me

HP:110

ATK:200(+40)

DEF:120(+10)

SP ATK:90(+10)

SP DEF:120(+10)

SPEED:130(+30)

Edited by Bessi

1) How does that help Shuckle? It's not like you're going to attack it head-on

2) That's nowhere near fair! 400 base Atk after 5 turns? On a beheemoth that can sub / t-wave those turns? Let me quote Jericho here...

Mega Shuckle

Type:Bug/Rock

Ability:Contrary

HP:20

ATK:10

DEF:280(+50)

SP ATK:10

SP DEF:280(+50)

SPEED:5

1) How does that help Shuckle? It's not like you're going to attack it head-on

Besides that, I think the max number a stat can be in pokémon is 255. So 280 goes beyond that by a fairly big range. Is not the same as having an ability that boosts said stat tho: a mon could have an attack stat of 255 and still have huge power for a greater attack after all modifiers are applied into calculation, but its base stat would still be 255.

You could make a mega shuckle with 255 def and spd, but... why not give it more attack then? for example, 105 attack, and keep defenses the same. Ability....uh....solid rock? then use power trick, and you have a mon with 230 attack and a somewhat decen 105 def helped by solid rock. With the right support and infestation to trap certain pokemon that cannot touch it... dunno I think it could work to a degree?

As for regigigas, I've started to see a trend on the mega evolutions people give this thing: first, that they all have 200 base attack, and second, that they include some broken signature ability. 200 base attack is greater than people might think. Fully invested it reaches 499, which is VERY high. So high in fact, that even if regigigas gets burned or slow start is put into account, its attack goes to ~250, which is the max invested of a mon with a base attack of 89, which is still fairly average, just to get an idea of how high 200 base attack is.

Regular Regigigas already has good bulk, only one weakness, and a fair range of attacking moves that do great damage when slow start wears off. The moment you give it 200 base attack coupled with those other atributes, and considering it can run retaliate/facade/return which only ghost is immune to (regi has dark coverage), it might be a bit too strong if you also give it an ability that doubles stats.

There are many abilities that could help mega regi without breaking it: stall would force it to move last and take a hit but it would give it a base 100 power payback. Guts would scare statusers away (although it doesn't fit thematically imo). Iron fist boosts its punching moves. Normalize could give it stab on everything but make it unable to touch ghosts. Soundproof makes it immune to the likes of hyper voice and allows it to set a safe substitute. Clear body prevents intimidation or sticky web.

• Upvote 1