Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

@Rshiran

well you can ignore ev training cause u do not really need perfect or correct Ev to complete the game.if you want a guide on that just head over ---> HERE<---

As for egg move and breeding stuff head over--->HERE<--- for more information. well in a nutshell egg moves are moves u get from breeding.

avalugg can pretty much tank alot of hits from physical atk pokemon which is 50% of ceil's team. you cant get aurorus unless you have a copy of episode 14 and go back to 7th street with a helix fossil. The 50% are archeops,gliscor and talonflame. you don really need to worry about sp def. since you already set up screens with meowstic M earlier or if you do not have a meowstic M just dont fight the sp atking members of ceil team mainly togekiss and noivern. mega altaria is kinda a mix attacker. As Sound of silence said lapras and walrein can be good since they can take hits and do decent ice sp atk. you can trust lapras. lapras is not like a luvdisc or delibird it has decent stats and a good move pool. also avalugg does not need sp atk. avalanche is physical and it doubles in atk if u move 2nd/get hit making it a 120 base power move and + stab ouch that avalanche can kill stuff.

well avalanche can 100% kill archeops if your are at least lvl 65 even if your atk EV/Iv are 0, after that just use recover or swap out it can also 1 shot mega Altaria if it has max Ev/IV in attack which is 31 iv in atk and 252 Ev points in attack. it can 1 shot glicor also. it can also kill talonflame if you put life orb/nevermelt ice/icicle plate on it. it can kill noivern but watch out for noivern's heat wave so no point sending it out to fight noivern. you can use other pokemon for noivern like maybe a lapras with ice beam so add lapras and avalugg into you team and you should be able to beat ceil easily.

Hi Guys, Can U Help Me With Beating Noel, I Get Destroyed Every Time Especially Swellow.... -.- Thanks! :)

Garbodor Lv. 48

Weak Armor

Gentle Nature

Sludge Bomb

Toxic

Acid Spray

Toxic Spikes

Blaziken Lv.51

Speed Boost

Jolly Nature

Fire Pledge

Double Kick

Blaze Kick

Bulk Up

Sharpedo Lv.48

Rough Skin

Jolly Nature

Aqua Jet

Crunch

Ice Fang

Poison Fang

Pidgeot

Tangled Feet

Rash Nature

Wing Attack

Quick Attack

Feather Dance

Roost

Meowstic

Prankster

Sassy Nature

Psychic

Charge Beam

Light Screen

Reflect

Scrafty

Intimidate (couldn't get moxie on events after resetting like 20 times ;- ;)

Bashful Nature

Brick Break

Crunch

Facade

Drain Punch

I'm probably the most casual Pokemon player in the history of ever, but I had trouble on Noel too, so I think I can at least give you some ideas.

First, I'd get some Ability Capsules and change Garbodor's ability to Aftermath - IMO Weak Armor is a bad combination with the nature it has, since you'll need it to wall for a few turns while setting up against Wigglytuff. I don't remember if Sludge Wave is obtainable in the game yet, but if it is or you have it, teach it to Garbodor and use it to corrupt the field. It sounds counter-intuitive, especially if Garbodor goes down, but it helps in the long run and is WAY better than keeping the Blooming Field or whatever it's called and letting the enemy get free heals every time you get oneshotted. Set up with Toxic Spikes - 2 should ensure that everything that comes out is badly poisoned.

You can get Moxie on Scrafty if you use an Ability Capsule, but you'll have to use more than one, since the abilities cycle through. It might be best to keep Intimidate for Swellow, though?

I can't think of anything else, really. Good luck!

(Everyone else, feel free to dispute me on any of this, since, like I said, I'm a total casual.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys so I'm having a lot of trouble beating Aya, i came close once but only had a the weakest of my team available so i obviously lost. Could You give me a few tips?

My Team is:
-Klang Lv.41:
Gear Grind

Screech

Charge Beam

Mirror Shot

-Piloswine Lv.41:

Mud Bomb

Rock Smash

Ice Shard

Thrash

-Cofagrigus Lv.45:

Hex

Will-o-Wisp

Shadow Ball

Curse

-Pashirisu Lv.45 (Item: Zap Plate):

Last Resort

Super Fang

Discharge

Cut

-Charizard Lv.45 (Item: Metronome):

Flame Burst

Strength

Dragon Rage

Flamethrower

-Spinda Lv.45:

Sucker Punch

Uproar

Shadow Ball

Psybeam

In the PC: Gothorita Lv.32
Noibat Lv.30

Croagunk Lv.32

Meowstic Lv.27

Magcargo Lv.35

Krabby Lv.32

Smoochum Lv.25
and the rest or is under Lv.25 or not good against poison type

I would be very thankful if you could assist me

@Aviador311

well first off i would bench spinda because it is useless. Next train up your piloswine to lvl 46 than use 1 common candy because at lvl 46 piloswine learns EQ. also try to relearn mist on piloswine some how because mist is very useful since ground type moves are meh/reduced in dmg in aya's wasteland field.By using mist you can change the field making EQ strong again.

Lead with Piloswine and any flying type except for charizard and open with mist+any dmg move. Than EQ all the way until you win. replace Spinda with either another pokemon which can mist or a flying type to be paired with piloswine so that EQ wont dmg them. Pelipper is kinda a good choice for thi since it learns mist and is a flying type.

Keep getting rekt by Radomus, halp!

My Team is:
-Blaziken Lv.59:

Adamant/Speed Boost
Blaze Kick

Bulk Up

Sky Uppercut

Shadow Claw

-Tropius Lv.56:

Brave/Solar Power

Leaf Blade

Synthesis

Nature Power

Air Slash

-Onix Lv.57:

Impish/Sturdy

Rock Tomb

Iron Tail

Stone Edge

Screech

- Floatzel Lv.56:

Naughty/Water Veil

Aqua Jet

Aqua Tail

Crunch

Agility

-Meowstic Lv.55:

Modest/Infiltrator

Psychic

Psyshock

Miracle Eye

Light Screen

-Helioptile Lv.54:

Naive/Dry Skin

Electric Terrain

Volt Switch

Thunderbolt

Thunder Wave

In PC:

Camperupt Lv. 48

Exploud Lv. 52

Seviper Lv. 53

Claydol Lv. 47

Edited by SavingGrace

@ SavingGrace

i would swap the ability of your meowstic M to prankster and put reflect instead of miracle eye. A Meowstick M with prankster can be very useful since it can set up screen faster due to prankster giving it +1 on non atking moves like light screen and reflect. Also you might want him to carry a light clay to make the screens last longer. you can get light clay from mining shiny rocks or at the 3rd floor of the obsidia department store. Move set,Ev spread,good natures and item for meowstic M are below. you dont really need to bother about EV just listing it down because i can. Reflect and light screen can be very useful in many battles lead with meowstick M and set up the screens so that most of your pokemon dont get blown up easily.

Meowstic M

Ability: Prankster

Nature:Modest/Bold/Calm/Timid

Item: Light Clay

Ev:252 hp, 100 Def, 100 SpDef,58 SpAtk

Light Screen

Reflect

Psyshock

Psychic

Next bench blaziken because well in a psychic gym fighting types dont stand a chance what so ever replace him with a camerupt so you can deal with metagross. Camerupt will be better in this gym cause it can at least do some damage and not get instantly blown up like a blaziken.Camerupt has a a good move pool and has a lot of decent moves which can hit multiple targets(lava plume,eruption,EQ.rock slide). i usually run my Camerupt to be a special attack/Mix attacker.Move set,Ev spread,good natures and item for camerupt are below.

Camerupt(pure special attack)

Ability:Rock Solid

Nature:Quiet/Modest

Items:Charcoal/Flame Plate

EV: 252 HP,252 SpAtk,6SpDef

Lava Plume/Heat Wave(heat wave is an egg move)

Earth Power

Eruption

Growth/Flame Burst(Growth is an egg move)

Camerupt(pure physical attack)

Items:Soft Sand/Earth Plate

EV: 252 HP,252 Atk,6SpDef

Earthquake

Rock slide

Curse

Yawn

Camerupt(Mix attacker)

Items:Soft Sand/Earth Plate/Charcoal/Flame Plate

EV: 246 HP,132 SpAtk,132 Atk

Earthquake

Rock Slide

Eruption

Lava Plume/Heat wave(Heat wave is an egg move)

Also bench/sack onix from your team onix is kinda weak and not so useful. yes steelix might be good and all but i rather use other rock/steel types. like maybe an Escavalier. Escavalier is good for vsing Radomus since his team is kinda based off trick room and his Reuniclus will set up trick room making Escavalier the fastest thing on the field since it is one of the slowest pokemon in game.plus it has the best typing which is bug and steel which is kinda awesome.Move set,Ev spread,good natures and item for Escavalier are below.

Escavalier

Ability:Swarm/Overcoat

Nature: Adamant/Brave

Item:Insect Plate/Silver Powder

EV: 252 HP,252 Atk,6 SpDef

Iron Head

X-Scissor/Megahorn(if you are breeding megahorn(egg move) if not just stick with X-Scissor)

Swords Dance

Slash/Knock Off/Drill Run(Knock off and drill run if you planning to breed because those 2 moves are egg moves if not just stick with slash)

if you do not like training up a new pokemon. Train up you camerupt until it learns eruption and spam eruption and EQ. pair it up with tropius since he is immune to EQ.

What to do:

Lead with meowstick+Tropius. Set up reflect so that gallade does not do too much dmg to you mons. use tropius to kill gallade let the reuniclus set up trick room set up light screen and swap out meowstic to either Escavalier or camerupt(depending on what you want).

hope this helps and i think you should grind up your pokemon at grand hall since the trainers there can be battled over and over again. Sunday's grand hall trainers( the couple) gives a lot of $$.

One word of warning to add to Luna's post: The AI seems to take issue in setting up trick room for Randomus, so using something like escavalier isn't going to guarantee you victory.

If you wish to keep using onix, I would recommend trying to find a metal coat for it to evolve, which is somewhere in tanzan mountain (see the pokemon location guide, item guide for details). Steelix would be very useful for his gardevoir too.

I hope helioptile is a typo and its actually heliolisk. Otherwise soft reset in front of mining rocks until you get a sunstone.

I'd also consider getting Exploud to level 58, and proceed to just boomburst everything. Only his metagross will be able to tank that, though you will need to use a ghost type or something that learns protect/detect alongside it as boomburst hurts exploud's teammates.

Finally, I'd also consider leading with heliolisk turn 1 and set electric terrain. Although gallade will probably KO it with close combat if you don't KO gallade first, overwriting the chess field would be very useful for you too.

Managed to beat him before I got the chance to see this haha. Paralyzed Reuniclus with Helioptile, then forced healing turns on it so it couldn't attack Blaziken. Three Bulk Ups plus Blaze Kick swept pretty easily.

If you wish to keep using onix, I would recommend trying to find a metal coat for it to evolve, which is somewhere in tanzan mountain (see the pokemon location guide, item guide for details). Steelix would be very useful for his gardevoir too.

I hope helioptile is a typo and its actually heliolisk. Otherwise soft reset in front of mining rocks until you get a sunstone.

I use Onix more as a setup for Blaziken than anything. Onix is faster and get Rock Tomb+Screech off for Blaziken to just 1 shot if it couldn't already. Also, I've been trying for a sun stone for about 3 weeks for Helioptile. I gave up because pre-evo is cuter anyways and it was making me pretty sad trying to get the stone. Thanks for the tips though! :P

Edited by SavingGrace

glad to know you beat him. well you can always get a free sun stone at the byxbysion grotto. it is a hidden with item finder i m sure you can some how find it. unless you used the free sun stone for something else if so good luck mining for 1 because it is all RNG when mining.

i'm doing a hardcore mono normal myself

but i got stuck against shelly

my team is rufflet(requested mon), noctowl, ursaring, castform, lopunny and vigoroth

boxed pokemon are litleo, herdier, wigglytuff, loudred, watchog and helioptile

any tips or strategie you can think of to beat shelly?

castform can handle shelly since he can transform into fire type/water type you just need to set up sun. litleo can also help. i would get rid of the rain first so that you can do more dmg with fire type moves. also smack on a heat rock(if you collected enuf stickers you should be able to get it at dept store) on castform so that you can have more turns of sun.Also dont evolve litleo until he hits lvl 36 because at lvl 36 he learns flamethrower which can be very useful vsing shelly. you can always use common candy after making litleo lvl 36. weather ball on castform would also be helpful since it will be a fire type atk under sun.

Bring helioptile to handle the flying bugs which she has. Noctowl must be in the team since it is very tanky and can set up reflect to help you team. smack on a light clay(should be able to buy it from dept store if you collected all possible stickers).

You could Bring a bidoof/bibarel with aqua tail by now i think you can breed if you have saved the daycare couple. Breed bidoof with a psyduck(just go back to episode 14 to get a psyduck from the arcade). pysduck learns aqua tail at lvl 29. Curse+simple Bibarel can be very useful for later parts of the game.

Also i wonder why you do not have a huge power diggersby. That thing is just pure Oped and super useful you can also use him to help beat shelly. since he can do a lot with Stab quick attack.

hmm that all the advice i can give here is the TLDR:

1)Get rid of the rain by using sunny day

2)Use fire type atks in sun to kill most of shelly's mons

3)Bring helioptile and Noctowl

4)Breed a bidoof with aqua tail

5)Hunt for the OPed Diggersby with huge power and add it into you team.

so i used your tactic with sunny day castform and flamethrower pyroar and it worked

helioptile was to weak and got one shotted, i offered slakking and wigglytuff to heal my pyraor and castform when needed

noctowl wos good for reflect

thanks for the help

Having a hard time beating Charlotte. Any advice on how I could beat? My team is: Blaziken, Ursaring, Emolga, Bouffalant, and Tauros.

A 6th pokemon would be a good start.

Is this a nuzlocke of some description? Really not enough information here to work with

I would be adding walrein for a start (preferably with the thick fat ability), a rock type (Gigalith for preference as it gets rock slide and doesn't have any crippling x4 weaknesses)

Listing pokemon from your PC would also be good, as there's not too much variety in pokemon before charlotte to help you here.

Having a hard time beating Charlotte. Any advice on how I could beat? My team is: Blaziken, Ursaring, Emolga, Bouffalant, and Tauros.

hmm well i would get a 6th pokemon first that should help.

Also do you have any other pokemon in the pc if so just list them down it would be helpful.

Charlotte's pokemon are all kinda fast above 90 base speed so using trick room and slow pokemons should net you a win. but idk what you current team can do against her so first off grab a few water types you can find in the mountains(sealeo,seedra,clawitzer,wailmer). you can get rid of her super heated field with mist. wailmer/wailord learns that.

Gigalith is a good pokemon to use whnen facing charlotte. set up trick room and just rock slide away at all he pokemon. a good trick room pokemon would be coffagrigus but there other good trick room pokemon which are bulky. i personally used coffagrigus+gigalith to clean sweep charlotte.

EDIT:

meh got ninja-ed

Ok event mons than you should have roggenrolla(from 7th street)and solosis(from wastelands). train roggenrolla and solosis. solosis a good trick room pokemon. teach trick room to solosis. Trick room+ rock slide should be able to take out most of charotte's Pokemon

Edited by Luna

wow so little options available meh least gothitelle can learn trick room. so you can some what use it to set up trick room. but without roggenrolla/any slow pokemon which is rock type and has rock slide it is kinda useless to set trick room because most of the pokemon you have available is not viable for trick room. hmm well you can catch a crustle from route 2 if consider tauros and boufalant as event mons i think crustle can be placed under the same category of event pokemon. well unless you have solved every single crustle puzzle in route 2. which would be meh since crustle is the only slow rock type you can pair up with gothitelle plus you can always use heart scale to re-learn rock slide on crustle. right now your only hope is crustle if you have solved the route 2 puzzle i have no idea how to beat charlotte with your current team.

You are in strife then. The only other event pokemon at this point are elekid, magby and absol, as well as the crustle suggestion. I'd take the crustle advice to start with. Buizel and houndour could work for you, though not necessarily under trick room. Get floatzel and have it use rain dance to start the match (I can only hope you have EV boosting items to get it to outspeed the darm/typholsion combo charlotte starts with). Once rain is up and something faints, then get gothitelle in and use trick room so crustle can sweep with rock slide.

I don't think you can really do anything else here. If you have an ill-fated doll, I'd be doing the absol event as sucker punch would be quite useful to weaken either darm or typhlosion before it gets KO'd.

Good luck, since outside the circus, event mons are in very short supply up until after terra (unless you count her glitch world as an event). I think other than what I've listed, you've only got pokemon obtainable at the circus.

Edited by sound of silence

well you can lvl up you pokemon by putting on exp share and vsing the clown at agate. he can be battled over and over again.

EDIT:

if you do not have exp share well the best place to train water types is to kill crustle over and over again.the next best place is route 3 since there are graveler which are kinda easy to kill

Oh an another event pokemon you can get is skuntank using the strength glitch(pls carry a escape rope if you are planning to do this since without it you will be stuck)

Edited by Luna

Can some1 help me?

Im playing hardcore reborn and I only have an Ivysaur and a Cherubi. Their sets are

Rini

Sunny Day

Leech Seed

Growth

Magical Leaf

Whip

Sleep Powder

Leech Seed

Takedown

Vine Whip

I can barely get by the magnemite and by then her next mon cleans easily. In case you can't tell, im monoing this time around and was wondering if y'all had any strats or mons that i can implement.