Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

I defeated it at my 2nd try after raising a team capable of dealing with everything he has

48adbfcb53fb445183070bad85372a51.png

Now, without further ado here's the team:

f749a4facc7d42099496db1a5d246ec8.png

The sets:

- Emolga: Air Slash, Charge Beam, Shock Wave, Cut

- Swoobat: Heart Stamp, Attract, Air Cutter, Assurance

- Donphan: Magnitude, Flail, Rollout, Endure

- Noctowl: Confusion, Peck, Uproar, Reflect

- Growlithe: Flame Burst, Close Combat, Reversal, Take Down

- Blastoise: Aqua Tail, Water Pulse, Bubble, Bite

His first 5 mons were easy af to deal with:

- Skrelp got defeated by 2 Shock Wave after its recovery

- Skuntank by 2 Magnitude

- Croagunk by 1 Heart Stamp

- Grimer by 1 Magnitude

- Nidorina by 2 Water Pulse

Crobat was a bit more complicated, but still relatively easy. I used Swoobat to weaken it with Heart Stamp, it tanked 1 Venoshock but then it fainted. Next one was Noctowl, able to survive to 2 Venoshock as it wasn't poisoned yet and 2 Confusion made Crobat down to the red bar. Blastoise managed to tank a Venoshock and defeated Crobat with a Water Pulse.

Hope this strategy works for you too!

Edited by AndSoThereIsSt3ffo

Could have been easier with swoobat, this is how i did it in my flying monorun:

1: beat skrelp with Pidgeoto and remove the misty field

2: He sent Croagunk, you sent swoobat

3: You stack 3 calm mind (learnt at level 28)

4: with confusion you sweep the rest of his team

:)

• Upvote 1

I will give credit to ame, These gym leaders are easily the hardest ones I've faced in any pokemon game.

She's stumped me 3 times, I'm stuck at aya's gym, I beat fern but can't get past her 2nd wave of pokemons (Venasaur, Dralage.)

and again thanks to everyone for helping xD.

Game.rxdata

Here you go, I suppose. You need to step up your game from now on. I taught your Donphan the move Strength. I also tinkered with your Jukebox, just to change the background music back to default.

You missed some dialogue, tl;dr: Fern leaves, Aya is on a bad mood and Hardy tries to cheer her up. Aya didn't want to take the position of Poison-type Gym Leader, she claims Cain should have but he left.

Edited by Zargerth

attachicon.gifGame.rxdata

Here you go, I suppose. You need to step up your game from now on. I taught your Donphan the move Strength. I also tinkered with your Jukebox, just to change the background music back to default.

You missed some dialogue, tl;dr: Fern leaves, Aya is on a bad mood and Hardy tries to cheer her up. Aya didn't want to take the position of Poison-type Gym Leader, she claims Cain should have but he left.

Thank you, and I do, Not much of a strategist, Just set up the typing and brawn my way through it so I get stuck \_(o.o)_/

Thank you, and I do, Not much of a strategist, Just set up the typing and brawn my way through it so I get stuck \_(o.o)_/

You should probably learn how to battle then. That way, you can stop being stuck. Honestly, the game is challenging, but it's not hard. Not trying to be rude or anything, but it's just more satisfactory when you beat the game by your own volition.

Edited by Jiggle

You should probably learn how to battle then. That way, you can stop being stuck. Honestly, the game is challenging, but it's not hard. Not trying to be rude or anything, but it's just more satisfactory when you beat the game by your own volition.

Yeah I definitely need to spend more time grinding and making my team better Instead of just asking for help. Honesty is sometimes the best option, No rudeness taken,

And thank you.

Yeeeeah Reborn's not the type of Pokermons game that lets you win just through type effectiveness. XD Well, okay, you can brawn your way through, but the standards for brawn is higher than what the official games demand from you. In addition to typing, you also gotta consider the Pokemon itself -- stats, moveset, ability, and even its place within the rest of your team.

(Drawing from my bird-themed run here.) Like, Unfezant has a high physical attack stat, but most of its moves (barring TMs/HMs) are special. It's kind of deadweight at first, but it can eventually learn some potent physical moves like Facade and Fly that cater to its high attack. Coupled with its Super Luck ability that boosts its critical rate, and a held item to boost it even further, and Unfezant goes from a feathery paperweight to a pretty competent battler. I hope.

Those are the sorts of things to consider, and honestly, I didn't give them much consideration either until Reborn kept kicking my ass. Now I don't suck as much am a TOTAL CHAMP at this game. And trust me, victory is sweet when you manage to figure it out... even if you made yourself bald from tearing out all your hair, because victory is only as sweet as it is frustrating.

Well train a good fire type mon....and another one with EQ to destroy the field.Once you have done that destroy the field and use the fire type to wash her team..

Keep in mind that she has a Walrein ,use Emolga or Ampharos for it.

Best of Luck..

Heatmor Will have to do, Torkoal's too slow.

and thanks.

I forgot the order of gyms, but chandelure, houndour, cyndaquil, vulpix, and growlithe are all viable choices for fire types.

Edited by Jiggle

I forgot the order of gyms, but chandelure, houndour, cyndaquil, vulpix, and growlithe are all viable choices for fire types.

Have Houndour and an Arcanine.

No idea on where to get vulpx or cyndaquil outside of getting it as a starter or 7th street.

Vulpix can be obtained as a egg from the police officer from beryl ward but you have to give him a growlithe egg in return.

Actually there are 18 possible eggs.You can get Vulpix as well as Larvesta as fire type mons.

here is the pokemon location guide...http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16407.You can use it.

Best Of Luck.

• Developers

Actually the best thing I know against Serra is Magneton with Mirror Shot (super-effective and greatly boosted by the field). In my case the Magneton easily took out everything except for Froslass. (And then the Froslass slaughtered my entire team. Well at least the first time around.)

Beat Serra, Onto the looney bin doctor.

Thanks for the help xD. Grinding up Magnemite next.

EDIT: I'm stuck on Noell, Any ideas on which pokemon to grind up?

Current team just gets rekt by porygon.

(Blastoise,Arbok, Scraggy, Dolphan, Emolga, Mahukita)=Current team.

I'm stuck on Noell, Any ideas on which pokemon to grind up?

Current team just gets rekt by porygon.

(Blastoise,Arbok, Scraggy, Dolphan, Emolga, Mahukita)=Current team.

You should just level up your Makuhita and Scraggy around level 50. Go get the Exp Share from Spinel Town (help the woman to find her missing furniture), then head back to Reborn City Grand Hall. There is at least one trainer every day who you can battle repeatedly. If you need more team members or just want to make sure you're prepared, I'd suggest raising Klinklang. Klink and Klang can be found in the abandoned railnet. Klinklang can set up with Shift Gear and proceed to demolish with Gear Grind. If you don't mind using healing items, with Plus- ability Klinklang can increase it's Defense and Sp. Def by using Magnetic Flux. Speaking of healing items, you should buy ice creams in Spinel Town.

Has the Scraggy Moxie?why haven't you evolved it ?

As far as I remember he has a porygon z, cinccino and Swellow, which can OHKO all your mons. Evolve Scraggy, Scrafty should take care of most of the mons and use Emolga for the bird.

Also you can evolve makhurita into hariyama, it will be helpfull as well.

Has the Scraggy Moxie?why haven't you evolved it ?

As far as I remember he has a porygon z, cinccino and Swellow, which can OHKO all your mons. Evolve Scraggy, Scrafty should take care of most of the mons and use Emolga for the bird.

Also you can evolve makhurita into hariyama, it will be helpfull as well.

Nope, And I got it less than 10 hours ago,

Noted, thank you.

You should just level up your Makuhita and Scraggy around level 50. Go get the Exp Share from Spinel Town (help the woman to find her missing furniture), then head back to Reborn City Grand Hall. There is at least one trainer every day who you can battle repeatedly. If you need more team members or just want to make sure you're prepared, I'd suggest raising Klinklang. Klink and Klang can be found in the abandoned railnet. Klinklang can set up with Shift Gear and proceed to demolish with Gear Grind. If you don't mind using healing items, with Plus- ability Klinklang can increase it's Defense and Sp. Def by using Magnetic Flux. Speaking of healing items, you should buy ice creams in Spinel Town.

Thank you, I'll grind klingklang as well.

After what feels like years of grinding.

Scraggy is level 50, Hariyama is level 48.

The damn clefable wrecks my team or the pokemon I need to beat it with is dead long before I need it.

Any ideas to Knock Clefable into the lake?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4fb05u2c5ljczch/Game.rxdata < Link for game.file.

You have a Blastoise and a Arbok....use Acid spray first to lower its Special Defence and then you can knock it out with a flash canon.

One more tip,use your arcanine if you wish cause there will be a battle with former ice leader Blake..you will need arcanine there.

EDIT : I checked your latest save file , Blatoise at level 64?? Its not gonna listen to you .You should keep it in PC for some time.

And I was also playing with your 1st uploaded file.I defeated Noel ,you can use it if you want.I used your Arcanine (level 52) and Arbok (level 52) instead of Makhurita and Scraggy (they are in BOX 5).I lost some money as I was training against Noel.Sorry for that mate.I bought 22 super potions and used some of them,also an antidote ,a paralyze heal and a ice cream.You can sell the other potions and retrieve some money.

There are some change in the moveset...1. Arcanine learned Extreme speed over Take down. 2.Arbok knows belch and gastro acid.I caught a Dedenne too.I also used Ampharos (Dragon plate ) is in your bag.

Game.rxdata

Edited by Debojit97