Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

than if you are doing that you must lvl quagsire to lvl 48 than lvl him down so you can use him. well i am sure swoobat and quagsire can sweep aya. also you should have mention in your post that you were using mons that you never used before but oh well. hmm it is kinda hard to make quagsire learn mist since u have to over lvl it by 3 lvls. hmm well you can always use pelipper if you had not used 1 before an easier task cause u can just catch wingull/pelliper easily and they are around lvl 30+ and should have mist on them i think.

Edited by Luna

Hey, I'm having trouble with Noel. Heres my team.

Male Meowstic- Lv.50-Twistedspoon

Ability: Infiltrator

Nature: Rash

Moves:

Cut
Sucker Punch

Misty Terrain

Psychic

Manectric -Lv.50-None

Ability: Static

Moves:

Thunder Fang

Wild Charge

Discharge

Crunch

Unfezant- Lv.51-None

Ability: Rivalry

Nature: Docile

Moves:

Razor Wind

Air Slash

Air Cutter

Roost

Arbok- Lv.48-Black Sludge

Ability: Shed Skin

Nature: Lonely

Moves:

Sludge Wave

Screech

Strength

Crunch

Delphox- Lv.55-Charcol

Ability: Magician

Nature: Gentle

Moves:

Fire Pledge

Psychic

Flamethrower

Will-o-wisp

Mightyena- Lv.53-Black Belt

Ability: Moxie

Nature: Impish

Moves:

Rock Smash

Sucker Punch

Assurance

Crunch

Any help would be great!

Edited by hykura

Hey, I'm having trouble with Noel. Heres my team.

Male Meowstic- Lv.50-Twistedspoon

Ability: Infiltrator

Moves:

Cut
Sucker Punch

Misty Terrain

Psychic

Manectric -Lv.50-None

Ability: Static

Moves:

Thunder Fang

Wild Charge

Discharge

Crunch

Unfezant- Lv.51-None

Ability: Rivalry

Nature: Docile

Moves:

Razor Wind

Air Slash

Air Cutter

Roost

Arbok- Lv.48-Black Sludge

Ability: Shed Skin

Nature: Lonely

Moves:

Sludge Wave

Screech

Strength

Crunch

Delphox- Lv.55-Charcol

Ability: Magician

Nature: Gentle

Moves:

Fire Pledge

Psychic

Flamethrower

Will-o-wisp

Mightyena- Lv.53-Black Belt

Ability: Moxie

Nature: Impish

Moves:

Rock Smash

Sucker Punch

Assurance

Crunch

Any help would be great!

What's your strategy atm. Right of the bat, I'd recommend will-o-wisping all his pokes with your delphox and then screeching with your Arbok.

I'd suggest using Meowstic-M as a dual prankster screen support. Equip him with a Light Clay (or whatever the item that lengthens the screens are called) which can be found be mining glowing rocks. they're pretty common so you should be able to find some rather quickly.

Anyways, after setting the screens you can switch into Delphox and Fire Pledge the field to get an advantage. then you can proceed to sweep. If the screen wears off, switch into something useless as death fodder and go back into Meowstic to set screens again and repeat.

You can find the House Key in the Railnet, and if you give it to the woman in the Onyx ward you'll unlock the Move Relearner and use a couple of Heart Scales to get Reflect and Light Screen

@hykura

First off why on earth is a mightyena holding black belt. well since mightyena has black belt i assume you have unlocked the pancham playground area. So just grab beta those 3X lvl50 Pangoro and grab yourself a scraggy. You can soft reset until it has decent egg moves Dragon dance is a nice egg move. Scrafty is a bulky and awesome fighting type to use against noel. Hjk can sweep most of his mons other than swellow,clefable and wigglytuff. i used an excadrill to sweep his whole team set up swords dance on his first pokemon and proceed and sweep his whole team with metal claw. but the problem is drilbur has become a mystery egg but if you have older episodes you can catch it at tarzan depths.

Ok now lets talk about you team and what we can do to improve it vs noel and for later gyms.3 of the members in your current team are going to be weak/are weak and not very useful in the mid game. The 3 pokemons are unfezant,Mightyena and Arbok. I suggest replacing them as soon as possible. i have listed a few pokemons you can consider adding into your team below. As suggested by wytch_doctr get dual screens and prankster on Meowstick M. leave on misty terrain as it will be very useful in other gyms where you need to change the field to your advantage and with prankster you will move faster and change the field before the gym leader/boss do something. First off i would add a water type into your team, next a fighting type and last anything which can help with noel/fairy counter. Also you can make a back up team since it is kinda easy to train stuff in episode 15 because the trainers in grand hall can be re-battle again and again.

Scrafty

Ability:Moxie

High Jump kick

Dragon Dance

Brick Break(replace wth drain punch if you are planning to breed)

Crunch

Medicham

Ability:Pure power

High Jump kick

Ice Punch(heart scale or breed)

Thunder Punch(heart scale or breed)

Zen headbutt/psycho cut(for zen head butt use heart scale)

Hariyama

Ability:Guts/Thick fat

Close combat

Wake up slap

Knock off

Belly drum/heavy slam

Gallade

Ability:Justified

Close combat

Night slash(use heart scale)

Psycho cut

Swords dance/leaf blade/slash

Poliwrath

Ability:Swift swim

Rain Dance

Wake-Up Slap(replace with brick break once you get the TM)

Belly drum/Body Slam( can be relaced with thief/bulldoze/Rock Tomb once you get the TM)

Waterfall(replace with Body Slam/Submision before you get the Hm)

Aggron

Ability:Rock head/Sturdy

Iron Head

Rock Slide( can be replaced with head smash if u plan to breed)

Double Edge/Headbutt(run Double edge when using rock head and run headbutt when using sturdy)

protect/Iron defense(replaced with brick break once you get it or if you plan to breed put super power in this slot)

Excadrill

Ability:Sand rush/sand force

Sandstorm

Earthquake

Swords Dance

Metal claw

Roserade

Ability:Poison point/natural cure

Toxic spikes

venoshock

Giga Drain

Petal dance

Gardevoir

Ability:Trace/synchronize

Draining kiss(replace with moonblast once possible)

magical leaf(replace with grass knot/stored power once possible)

Psychic

Clam mind

Darmanitan

Ability:sheer force

Headbutt

Flare blitz

Superpower

Fire punch

Azumarill

Ability:Huge power

Aqua jet(egg move)

Belly drum(egg move)

Superpower( can be replaced with waterfall if you don't want coverage)

Play Rough

Carracosta

Ability:Rock solid

Aqua jet(can be replaced with waterfall)

Shell smash

Aqua Tail(can be replaced with waterfall)

Rock Slide

Barbaracle

Ability:Tough Claws

Item: wide lens

Razor shell

shell smash

Stone edge

Cross Chop

Floatzel

Ability:Swift Swim

Ice fang(use heart scale)

Aqua Tail

Aqua jet

Crunch(use heart scale)

Crawdaunt

Ability:Adaptability

crunch/knock off/night slash

Razor shell

Crabhammer

Swords dance

Kingler

Ability: Sheer force

Crabhammer

Metal Claw

Secret Power

Protect(replace with brick break)

sharpedo

Ability:speed boost

Aqua jet(replace with water fall when you get it)

Crunch

Poison Fang

Ice Fang

Whiscash

Ability:Hydration

Earthquake

Aqua Tail

Zen Headbutt

Rest

Seaking

Ability:Lightning Rod

Waterfall

Poison Jab

Megahorn

Agility

Quagsire(bluky sweeper)

Ability:Water Absorb

Curse(egg move, breed by using this chain Yamask(curse)>shellos(recover)>wooper )

Earthquake

Recover( egg move,breed by using this chain Yamask(curse)>shellos(recover)>wooper)

Waterfall( can be replaced with yawn to do even more set up when cause i dont think the ai will switch if you use yawn)

Swampert

Ability:Damp/Torrent

Curse(egg move, just breed it with a bergmite with Curse+Avalanche)

Earthquake

Avalanche(egg move, just breed it with a bergmite with Curse+Avalanche)

Waterfall

Bibarel

Ability:Simple

Curse

Waterfall(Aqua tail before getting tm breed with buizle)

Strength/skull bash(Egg move breed with shapedo)

Yawn

Blastoise

Ability:Rain Dish/Torrent

Hydro Pump(can be replace with water spout if you can find a pokemon to breed)

Dark Pulse( teach when you get the tm which is after the dark gym which is the 9th gym but till than replace with water pulse)

Dragon Pulse(egg move , replace with Rain dance if you do not bother breeding)

Flash cannon(use heart scale to teach)

Mantine

Ability:Swift swim

Hydro Pump(replace with surf,water pulse if you hate the low accuracy)

Signal Beam

Air Slash

Rain Dance(replace with Mirror coat if you are breeding)

Ludicolo

Ability:RainDish/Swift Swim

Energy ball

Hydro pump

Giga drain

Mist(replace with rain dance if you do not have a rain dance pokemon)

Vaporeon

Aurora Beam

Muddy Water

Hydro Pump

Shadow ball(if you got it from shade earlier, replace with rain dance)

Pelipper

Ability:Rain Dish/keen eye(use keen eye when running surf in Charlotte gym hehe it will make everyone in the super heated feild lose accuracy)

Rain Dance(can be replace with mist if you have already have a rain set up pokemon)

Surf(replace with mist if you want a super support tanky pelipper)

Tailwind

Hurricane

Thanks to everyone who gave me ideas, I think I have a strategy now.

What's your strategy atm. Right of the bat, I'd recommend will-o-wisping all his pokes with your delphox and then screeching with your Arbok.

Really didn't have one, been playing the game as I go ^^;

I'd suggest using Meowstic-M as a dual prankster screen support. Equip him with a Light Clay (or whatever the item that lengthens the screens are called) which can be found be mining glowing rocks. they're pretty common so you should be able to find some rather quickly.

Anyways, after setting the screens you can switch into Delphox and Fire Pledge the field to get an advantage. then you can proceed to sweep. If the screen wears off, switch into something useless as death fodder and go back into Meowstic to set screens again and repeat.

You can find the House Key in the Railnet, and if you give it to the woman in the Onyx ward you'll unlock the Move Relearner and use a couple of Heart Scales to get Reflect and Light Screen

Alright thanks! I'll try that.

@hykura

First off why on earth is a mightyena holding black belt. well since mightyena has black belt i assume you have unlocked the pancham playground area. So just grab beta those 3X lvl50 Pangoro and grab yourself a scraggy. You can soft reset until it has decent egg moves Dragon dance is a nice egg move. Scrafty is a bulky and awesome fighting type to use against noel. Hjk can sweep most of his mons other than swellow,clefable and wigglytuff. i used an excadrill to sweep his whole team set up swords dance on his first pokemon and proceed and sweep his whole team with metal claw. but the problem is drilbur has become a mystery egg but if you have older episodes you can catch it at tarzan depths.

Ok now lets talk about you team and what we can do to improve it vs noel and for later gyms.3 of the members in your current team are going to be weak/are weak and not very useful in the mid game. The 3 pokemons are unfezant,Mightyena and Arbok. I suggest replacing them as soon as possible. i have listed a few pokemons you can consider adding into your team below. As suggested by wytch_doctr get dual screens and prankster on Meowstick M. leave on misty terrain as it will be very useful in other gyms where you need to change the field to your advantage and with prankster you will move faster and change the field before the gym leader/boss do something. First off i would add a water type into your team, next a fighting type and last anything which can help with noel/fairy counter. Also you can make a back up team since it is kinda easy to train stuff in episode 15 because the trainers in grand hall can be re-battle again and again.

I didn't know that, thanks! I've been catching a few other pokemon, so I guess I'll train up some reserve teams. Also the Mightyena has Black Belt for Rock Smash.

• 4 weeks later...

Ciel

Samurott 74 Wide lens shell guard naughty

waterfall

Razor shell

Aqua tail

Swords dance

Musharna 73 scope lens telepathy jolly (ikik)

trick room

yawn

psychic

dream eater

Scrafty-gets one hit needs replace-74 moxie

HJK

D.Dance

payback

crunch

emolga 72 brave motor drive

acrobatics

discharge

shock wave

rainy day

Pyroar 74 moxie

F-thrower

bulldoze

str

dark pulse

weezing level 40

destiny bond

my general strategy that gets me destroyed is: musharna->trick room->yawn->samurott->Swords->aqua tail and then the archeops just... no..

Edited by Leon99

IMO Emolga is outclassed at this stage in the game by other Electric types like Jolteon, Ampharos, Magnezone, etc, due to its mediocre stats in everything that isn't speed. Also, to replace Scrafty, I suggest an ice type like Lapras.

Ciel

Samurott 74 Wide lens shell guard naughty

waterfall

Razor shell

Aqua tail

Swords dance

Musharna 73 scope lens telepathy jolly (ikik)

trick room

yawn

psychic

dream eater

Scrafty-gets one hit needs replace-74 moxie

HJK

D.Dance

payback

crunch

emolga 72 brave motor drive

acrobatics

discharge

shock wave

rainy day

Pyroar 74 moxie

F-thrower

bulldoze

str

dark pulse

weezing level 40

destiny bond

my general strategy that gets me destroyed is: musharna->trick room->yawn->samurott->Swords->aqua tail and then the archeops just... no..

The way I do it is that I deep freeze her before she can get started with any annoying tactics. I'd recommend replacing scrafty with ampharos as it gets cotton guard which effectively stops physical attacks. Or if you wanna use the field against her hawlucha is available . If you feel like searching lapras and totodile are available and can support you with ice moves. If you want bulk i'd recommend walrein as you can either have thick fat or ice body which if you can get the hail up with leftovers it does not die unless you let it get hit with a stone edge(which is what ampharos(or in some cases magnezone) are for). Magnezone is especially helpful as it gets rid of 3 members of her team(togekiss archeops and noivern) just watch out for heat wave. Make sure give every thing you can(especially samurott) frost breath as it always crits bypassing defence buffs and it gets rid of gliscor before is can get started with poison heal.

For battle tactics I would start off with an electric type or if your weezing has sludge bomb lead off with it to get rid of togekiss quick(if you want to grind go back to ep 14 switch to 15 and grind using the daily trainers(that's just me(i'm not liable if something happens is what i'm trying to say))).

Edited by breelompauncher

The way I do it is that I deep freeze her before she can get started with any annoying tactics. I'd recommend replacing scrafty with ampharos as it gets cotton guard which effectively stops physical attacks. Or if you wanna use the field against her hawlucha is available . If you feel like searching lapras and totodile are available and can support you with ice moves. If you want bulk i'd recommend walrein as you can either have thick fat or ice body which if you can get the hail up with leftovers it does not die unless you let it get hit with a stone edge(which is what ampharos(or in some cases magnezone) are for). Magnezone is especially helpful as it gets rid of 3 members of her team(togekiss archeops and noivern) just watch out for heat wave. Make sure give every thing you can(especially samurott) frost breath as it always crits bypassing defence buffs and it gets rid of gliscor before is can get started with poison heal.

For battle tactics I would start off with an electric type or if your weezing has sludge bomb lead off with it to get rid of togekiss quick(if you want to grind go back to ep 14 switch to 15 and grind using the daily trainers(that's just me(i'm not liable if something happens is what i'm trying to say))).

Thanks for the ideas, funny thing about that frost breath, NO ONE on my team or in my boxes can learn it. Cept maybe the sealeo I caught... As for magnezone I regret it every day when I skipped catching him... Thought my party was good at the time OTL again thanks for the tips I'll try them out when I get home

Thanks for the ideas, funny thing about that frost breath, NO ONE on my team or in my boxes can learn it. Cept maybe the sealeo I caught... As for magnezone I regret it every day when I skipped catching him... Thought my party was good at the time OTL again thanks for the tips I'll try them out when I get home

Frost breath is kinda rare it's just the fact I went into the gym with 4 water/ice types 1 electric type and a stealth rocker (forgot to mention those work great and graveler is available in the tunnel on route 2) so I was pretty much shelled for Ciel. One other thing I forgot to mention if you don't mind dealing with poison heal you can set up on gliscor if you have a natural def.wall like weezing problem is weezing has no set up moves. As for magnezone you can just revert episodes and catch him and grind him but you have to be in the power plant to evolve him though

Frost breath is kinda rare it's just the fact I went into the gym with 4 water/ice types 1 electric type and a stealth rocker (forgot to mention those work great and graveler is available in the tunnel on route 2) so I was pretty much shelled for Ciel. One other thing I forgot to mention if you don't mind dealing with poison heal you can set up on gliscor if you have a natural def.wall like weezing problem is weezing has no set up moves. As for magnezone you can just revert episodes and catch him and grind him but you have to be in the power plant to evolve him though

im honestly terrified of reverting episodes, so i want to stick to what i have, ill go with the bronzong in the post above yours and the weezing is literally just a trick room right before musharna dies for a d bond on any particularly annoying pokemon, ill probably change scrafty for brozong, emolga for walrien, and pyroar for a whats that bug with a rock on its back..crustle

but again, seriously can't thank all you for the help enough i was trying to muscle through with my current party but it wasnt gonna work so now i'll adjust

• 3 weeks later...

Terra, having problems against her Ground types with my mono-steel team. HNNN

Empoleon 71

Surf

Aqua Jet

Hydro Pump

Drill Peck

Defiant

Lucario 68

Aura Sphere

Dark Pulse

Dragon Pulse

Calm Mind

Inner Focus

Magnezone 70

Magnet Rise

Flash Cannon

Discharge

Metal Sound

Analytic

Excadrill 70

Rock Slide

Earthquake

Swords Dance

Sandstorm

Sand Force

Escavalier

X-Scissor

Slash

Iron Head

Reversal

Overcoat

Metagross

Zen Headbutt

Hammer Arm

Bullet Punch

Meteor Mash

Clear Body

In the PC:

Steelix (70ish)

Bronzong (mid 60s)

Forretress (?)

Wormadam (trash coat, ?)

Klinklang(mid 60s)

Terra, having problems against her Ground types with my mono-steel team. HNNN

Empoleon 71

Surf

Aqua Jet

Hydro Pump

Drill Peck

Defiant

Lucario 68

Aura Sphere

Dark Pulse

Dragon Pulse

Calm Mind

Inner Focus

Magnezone 70

Magnet Rise

Flash Cannon

Discharge

Metal Sound

Analytic

Excadrill 70

Rock Slide

Earthquake

Swords Dance

Sandstorm

Sand Force

Escavalier

X-Scissor

Slash

Iron Head

Reversal

Overcoat

Metagross

Zen Headbutt

Hammer Arm

Bullet Punch

Meteor Mash

Clear Body

In the PC:

Steelix (70ish)

Bronzong (mid 60s)

Forretress (?)

Wormadam (trash coat, ?)

Klinklang(mid 60s)

The following should help you.

-Put an air balloon on lucario. This will guarantee you a kill on excadril, who cannot hurt you too badly otherwise.

-Same for empoleon. I'd also give it icy wind from the circus tutor over hydro pump for this battle as you'll need it for rawrchomp.

-Bronzong needs to be subbed in for magnezone, who is useless in this battle. Bronzong's psychic attacks get buffed by the field, and if it still has heatproof (I'm asuming it did so you could beat charlotte), it should handle nidoking. I would also use a heart scale to teach it metal sound, which is stupidly OP on terra's field (it will reduce both special attack and special defense on the glitch field, making her special attackers easier to beat.

-For metagross, remove hammer arm and replace it with grass knot. It will be used to beat quagsire with that.

Strategy

-Lead with bronzong, and deal with nidoking.

-Air balloon lucario deals with excadril

-Claydol should just be hit with escavalier until it goes down.

-Hippowdon can be dealt with by whoever you desire. Just make sure if you're using empoleon, that the penguin OHKO's hippo before it can hit you back.

-Metagross deals with quagsire.

-For garchomp, lead with empoleon and use icy wind. It'll pop your air balloon in the process, but icy wind will have reduced its speed. Once that happens, have everything left standing just attack it until it goes down.

Hi Guys, Can U Help Me With Beating Noel, I Get Destroyed Every Time Especially Swellow.... -.- Thanks! :)

Garbodor Lv. 48

Weak Armor

Gentle Nature

Sludge Bomb

Toxic

Acid Spray

Toxic Spikes

Blaziken Lv.51

Speed Boost

Jolly Nature

Fire Pledge

Double Kick

Blaze Kick

Bulk Up

Sharpedo Lv.48

Rough Skin

Jolly Nature

Aqua Jet

Crunch

Ice Fang

Poison Fang

Pidgeot

Tangled Feet

Rash Nature

Wing Attack

Quick Attack

Feather Dance

Roost

Meowstic

Prankster

Sassy Nature

Psychic

Charge Beam

Light Screen

Reflect

Scrafty

Intimidate (couldn't get moxie on events after resetting like 20 times ;-;)

Bashful Nature

Brick Break

Crunch

Facade

Drain Punch

Julia

Braixen (20)

No hold item

Blaze

Sassy Nature

Psybeam

Flame Charge

Ember

Howl

Espurr (20)

No hold item

Naive Nature

Infiltrator

Fake Out

Psybeam

Covet

Light Screen

Woobat (19)

No hold item

Rash Nature

Simple

Confusion

Heart Stamp

Gust

Odor Sleuth

Munna (16)

No hold item

Serious Nature

Imprison

Psybeam

Yawn

Lucky Chant

I'm attempting a monotype (hard core) run & currently I'm broke & lost my exp. share over the bibarel-->munna trade :<

~Two Vanilla Ice Creams

~One Choc Ice Cream

~Four Paralyze Heals

~Four Berry Ice Creams

~One Revive

~One Protein

(Notable Items)

notes: can pretty much take out everything once a light screen is set up but the damn chinchou literally shits on my team not sure why tf they have a heliolisk but i have nothing against it. with only a couple viable mons up to this gym idk what to do :c

Edited by Restal

Hi Guys, Can U Help Me With Beating Noel, I Get Destroyed Every Time Especially Swellow.... -.- Thanks! :)

Garbodor Lv. 48

Weak Armor

Gentle Nature

Sludge Bomb

Toxic

Acid Spray

Toxic Spikes

Blaziken Lv.51

Speed Boost

Jolly Nature

Fire Pledge

Double Kick

Blaze Kick

Bulk Up

Sharpedo Lv.48

Rough Skin

Jolly Nature

Aqua Jet

Crunch

Ice Fang

Poison Fang

Pidgeot

Tangled Feet

Rash Nature

Wing Attack

Quick Attack

Feather Dance

Roost

Meowstic

Prankster

Sassy Nature

Psychic

Charge Beam

Light Screen

Reflect

Scrafty

Intimidate (couldn't get moxie on events after resetting like 20 times ;- ;)

Bashful Nature

Brick Break

Crunch

Facade

Drain Punch

Hi i'm new on the forums but I think I can give you a hint on how I did it.

What you can try is bulking blaziken 2-3 times and sweep with blaze kicks (field effect 1.5x). It would be nice to set-up instantly on wigglytuff by first killing its power with feather dance. (Optional: for extra oemph against pure normals / in general it might be good to teach it brick break instead of double kick if you can)

Basically:

- Start with pidgeot and spam feather dance on wigglytuff (if it outspeeds you there, it can be an issue)

- On pidgeot KO (OR 3 feather dances) → switch to blaziken.

- bulk 2-3 times and start kickin'. By now it should outspeed everything not-priority(speed boost <3) and be able to OHKO about everything.

Best of luck :)

Stuck with the flying-type ballerina Ciel.

My babies:

Arcanine lv. 75

Reversal (fighting)

Flamethrower

Crunch

Sunny Day

Mismagius lv. 75 (great sp. attack, with nasty plot she K.O.s nearly every enemy 'till she faints, but with low def and good sp. def)

Dark Pulse

Nasty Plot

Shadow Ball

Power Gem (rock)

Seaking lv 75 (a disappoitment, weak as hell but that bug-type attack megahorn saved me against aya)

Surf

Waterfall

Dive

Megahorn

Noivern, 75 (good speed and sp. atk but low sp. def)

Fly

Dragon Pulse

Boomburst

Super Fang

Serperior, 75 (great speed and attack but a deadweigh against Ciel)

Rock Smash

Strength

Leaf Blade

Nature Power

Luxray 75 (another disappoitment, no strong eletric attacks)

Rain Dance

Discharge

Crunch

Scary face

Extras:

Milotic 50 (surf, rain dance, flail, coil) - in training

Steelix 56 (roch smash, stone edge, strength, dig) - only good thing about this guy is the defense

Does Milotic learn Ice Beam or any strong ice attack by levelling?

@Rshiran

Nope milotic does not learn any ice type moves and there is no tm ice beam but you can get icy wind from move tutor at agate circus.

As for beating ciel. hmm well first off serperior and seaking can sit out this fight because they can really do much. vs ciel.

first off i would train up a meowstic M with the set up below to around lvl 70-75

Meowstic Male

Ability: Prankster

Nature: Bold/calm/neutral nature

Item:light clay

EV: 252 HP,252 Def, 6 SP Def( you dont really need to Ev train just putting out the Ev if you really want to train)

Light Screen

Reflect

Misty Terrain

Psyshock

Why meowstic M because the screen he sets up can help your Mismagius survive longer and dish out more damage. misty terrain can change the field to your advantage. I would lead with meowstic and set up screen than swap out to any other mon which can deal with the first mon ceil sends out.

Next you can add piloswine/mamoswine you can catch one at route 3 caves or catch a swinub at ametrine cave. it is a good ground and ice type to have run the set below and you should be ok. i would catch a swinub because it can learn ice shard which is +1 priority move having it on mamoswine would be good.

Mamoswine

Ability: Thick Fat

Nature:Adamant/Jolly

Items:Any useful item

Ice fang

ice shard

Earthquake

Thrash/ Any move you want

Also there are plenty of awesome ice types you can add to your team like Lapras,Walrein,Froslass,Glalie meh theer are alot of ice types you can catch at the mountains and routes near agate. just choose 1 and add it in you team and it should help. with the meowstic M set up most things can survive a few hits.

Here is a list of ice types you can consider adding into you team:

Special Attack Ice Types

Dewgong

Ability:Thick Fat

Ice Beam

Surf

Signal Beam

Hail/Icy wind

Jynx

Ability:Dry skin

Hail/Rain dance

Fake Tears/Icy wind/water pulse

Psychic

Blizzard

Lapras

Surf

Freeze Dry(egg move)

Dragon pulse(egg move)

Ice beam/shock wave

Glalie

Ability:Ice body/moody

Hail/protect

Freeze dry

Blizzard

Water pulse

Walrein

Ability:thick fat

Surf

Blizzard

Hail/rest

Signal beam(egg move)

Abomasnow

Ability: Snow Warning

Blizzard

Grass knot

Icy Wind

Leech seed(egg move)

Glaceon

Ability:Snow cloak/Ice body

Blizzard

Mirror coat/Hail

Water Pulse

Shadow ball/Icy wind

Froslass

Ability: snow cloak

Shadow ball

Blizzard

Hail/Water Pulse

Destiny Bond

Vanilluxe

Ability:Ice body

Freeze Dry

Blizzard

Hail/Mirror shot

Water pulse/Mirror coat

Cryogonal

Ability: Levitate

Ice beam

Freeze Dry

Solar Beam

Water pulse

Aurorus

Ability: Refrigerate

Ancient Power/Water pulse

Hyper beam

Freeze Dry

Water Pulse/Discharge

Physical Attack Ice Types

Sneasel

Ability:keen eye

Slash

Faint Attack

Hone claws

Icicle Crash/Ice shard

Glalie

Ability:Ice body/Moody

Explosion

Ice fang

Ice shard

Crunch/Headbutt

Abomasnow

Ability:Snow warning

Avalanche/ice shard(Avalanche egg move)

Ice Punch

Brick break/Bulldoze

Wood Hammer

Mamoswine( breeding version. this will take time to make)

Ability: Thick Fat

Curse(egg move)

Avalanche(egg move)

Earthquake

Icicle Crash(egg move)

Mamoswine(no breeding needed version)

Ability:Thick Fat

Ice fang

Ice shard

Earthquake

Mist

Beartic

Ability:swift swim

Aqua jet

Super power

Icicle Crash

Play rough(egg move)

Avalugg

Ability:Sturdy/Ice body

Curse

Recover

Avalanche

Double Edge/gyro ball

I personally would go for avalugg/mamoswine cause you dont really need much to train them and avalugg is a def wall. just watch out her noivern has heat wave.

So this what you can do lead with meowstic M set up screens, swap to mismagius and kill the togekiss, stay in if she switch in into a noivern/talonflame. swap in avalugg if she swaps to archeops/gliscor

also you could train up graveler with sturdy and put it in your team just as back up or a gimmick sudowoodo with sturdy ability, counter and explosion. the gimmick sudowoodo helped me with alot of gyms and bosses XD.

Sudowooodo

Ability:Sturdy

Nature: Anything will do

Item:None

Counter

Explosion

Stone Edge

Sucker punch

Edited by Luna

To add to Luna's advice, Mismagius should hold a cheri/lum berry if you have it, as it will make setting up against her togekiss possible as it tends to use thunder-wave the moment a non-ground/electric type is present. Make sure to keep it somewhat healthy as her noivern has the infiltrator ability and can hit hard with dragon pulse.

I'd also ditch arcanine for this fight as unfortunately most of ciel's team either resists fire attacks or is just too bulky to care about it. I would consider adding a rock type pokemon to your team, as Talonflame is a nuisance otherwise. Any is fine, though I'm partial to gigalith because it learns Stealth Rock without the quad water and grass weakness that Golem has. Also like the sudowudo suggestion though you don't need to be that gimmicky. . If nothing appeals to you about that, catching a chinchou from the dive spots in the various ice mountains would do nicely (also good for paralysis though I think Ciel has full restores at this point).

Of the ice types listed, I'd also give some thought to using froslass if you still have a dawn stone to spare (and being able to find a female snorunt), as you need speedy ice types for this gym. Unfortunately it'd really only be good for this fight. Otherwise pick a tanky ice type such as walrein or lapras as you need special ice attacks to beat gliscor, while being bulky enough to take on her altaria.

@ restal

hmm well you can solve the $ issue by training up a team of pick up mons cause pick up mons pick up random stuff that you can sell. well that is if the rules you set for the mono run is you can use other mon but no in trainer battles/gym battles/boss battle. train up to 7 pick up mons so that you can smack them into you team while you are grinding at the start of the game. urgh kinda sad that you loss your exp share. you can always request 1 i m sure some people in the forums know how to put in 1.

Things you can do for the gym battle maybe yawn with munna and hope that her strong few mons fall asleep oh and munna learns moonlight at lvl 17 and hypnosis at lvl 19 those 2 moves could be useful.other than that maybe ev train hp and sp atk on munna well it is kinda easy to ev train so hp just max out Hp Ev and hope for the best.Ev trainig = free items if u bring along a pick up team. idk if you can pass pokemon reborn hardcore without ev training cause i have not really tried doing it without ev training/partially ev train mon. so yeah it is best that you know the ev training spot and ev train yer mons.

@Luna

@sound of silence

Thanks a lot.

I don't understand well what is this egg moves and Ev training thing. What do you think about a Lapras? (Ice Shard dosen't seem much appealing to me) I don't trust much no-evolution pokemons, though. Aurorus, Avalugg and Cryogonal seems good too. Hard to choose...

Cryogonal seems to have low def but maybe Reflect does the job? Aurorus have low speed but is a double-type which is nice. Avalugg's def is great but that sp. def, sp. attack and speed is a turn down, no?

@Luna

@sound of silence

Thanks a lot.

I don't understand well what is this egg moves and Ev training thing. What do you think about a Lapras? (Ice Shard dosen't seem much appealing to me) I don't trust much no-evolution pokemons, though. Aurorus, Avalugg and Cryogonal seems good too. Hard to choose...

Cryogonal seems to have low def but maybe Reflect does the job? Aurorus have low speed but is a double-type which is nice. Avalugg's def is great but that sp. def, sp. attack and speed is a turn down, no?

Ice shard would be a good idea to get archeops into defeatist range while also being useful for noivern. That being said, I did forget about cryogonal, which would be quite useful if you can get it to outspeed her gliscor, as her only other physical attacker is archeops who you just shouldn't go up against at all. Steelix could be worth bringing for that actually, since another thing that may help you is that archeops has a choice band for an item which mean once it selects an attack, it will keep using that attack only.

Of the three you listed, definitely cryogonal, though if you can get a lapras with ice shard, I'd be using that. Avalugg will only be useful if you have Trick room support while Aurorous has way too many weaknesses to ciel's coverage moves/too slow.

As for EV's and egg moves, check out the on the hunt section of the forums to learn about that. I wouldn't bother learning about egg moves yet though since you can't get back to the daycare without an earlier episode of reborn anyway, making breeding useless at this point in time.