Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

If you're having that much trouble on Shade, there's the Nuzleaf event where you can use Foul Play Trickery Shiftry, but an easy way to get through this is to complete the Aqua/Magma fight which you can do. It's really difficult at that level, but you'll get a Houndour (regardless of the path) who'll really help in this fight. Electric types also work wonders like Ampharos.

So.... Noel is basically a god. I don't even get close to beating him. He usually sweeps me with Porygon-Z. Help?

My team:

Magneton: Level 51

No item

Sturdy

Rash nature

-Spark

-Flash Cannon

-Metal Sound

-Discharge

Murkrow: Level 50

No item

Super Luck

Careful nature

-Wing Attack

-Feint Attack

-Foul Play

-Brave Bird

Infernape: Level 52

No item

Blaze

Mild nature

-Cut (No HM slave :( )

-Acrobatics

-Flame Wheel

-Close Combat

Lilligant: Level 52

Big Root

Leaf Guard

Docile nature

-Stun Spore

-Petal Dance

-Synthesis

-Giga Drain

Golem: Level 52

No item

Sturdy

Relaxed nature

-Rock Blast

-Rock Smash (No HM slave :( )

-Earthquake

-Double-edge

Cofagrigus: Level 47 (plan to replace it)

No item

Mummy

Bashful nature

-Shadow Ball

-Will-O-Wisp

-Ominous Wind

-Power Split

So... I have no idea how to counter Noel. He has only one weakness for the most part, and he counters it well. HALP!

I prefer to use Klinklang versus Noel. Klinklang can set up with Shift Gear (and if you have Plus - ability, Magnetic Flux increases it's defenses) at the very beginning of the battle. You can catch Klang in the railnet tunnel.

Edited by Zargerth

I can not defeat the Bug-type gym leader,I already forgot her name lol,but anyways,here's my team:

Braixen Level 30

No Item

Blaze

Quirky

Psybeam,Lucky Chant,Ember,Fire Spin

Pachirisu Level 31

No Item

Volt Absorb

Rash

Spark,Electro Ball,Cut,Charm

Meowstic Level 33

No Item

Prankster

Relaxed

Light Screen,Psyshock,Miracle Eye,Charm

Raticate Level 29

No Item

Hustle

Brave

Tackle,Assurance,Hyper Fang,Focus Energy

Trubbish Level 29

No Item

Aftermath

Sassy

Take Down,Stockpile,Sludge Bomb,Toxic Spikes

I also have a Noibat but i cant train it to a higher level because it dies quickly,its level 25

Teach your Braixen Fire Pledge from the Move Tutor in Lapis Ward, and you can use it to burn Shelly's Forest Field, turning it into a Burning Field. It will stop giving her Pokemon boosts, while boosting the power of your Fire moves.

Also, when Yanmega comes out, you might want to try paralyzing it with Spark's high chance of paralysis, as it will become less of a threat then.

That's pretty much all of the advice I can really give, since Shelly becomes much easier once her Field turns into a Burning Field.

So.... Noel is basically a god. I don't even get close to beating him. He usually sweeps me with Porygon-Z. Help?

My team:

No item

Sturdy

Rash nature

-Spark

-Flash Cannon

-Metal Sound

-Discharge

No item

Super Luck

Careful nature

-Wing Attack

-Feint Attack

-Foul Play

-Brave Bird

No item

Blaze

Mild nature

-Acrobatics

-Flame Wheel

-Close Combat

Big Root

Leaf Guard

Docile nature

-Stun Spore

-Petal Dance

-Synthesis

-Giga Drain

No item

Sturdy

Relaxed nature

-Rock Blast

-Earthquake

-Double-edge

No item

Mummy

Bashful nature

-Shadow Ball

-Will-O-Wisp

-Ominous Wind

-Power Split

So... I have no idea how to counter Noel. He has only one weakness for the most part, and he counters it well. HALP!

Maybe you can level up / EV train your team to start with ( you will need it soon anyway I guess)

You can hit all his pokemons super effectively, and with stab, your team is good against him. ( I don't remember if I was able to OS his porygon with my infernape but if you hit it beforehand it should be easy)

Maybe you can level up / EV train your team to start with ( you will need it soon anyway I guess)

You can hit all his pokemons super effectively, and with stab, your team is good against him. ( I don't remember if I was able to OS his porygon with my infernape but if you hit it beforehand it should be easy)

How would I go about EV training my team? Is there a way I can reset their EVs? Or would I have to breed and level everything from scratch?

How would I go about EV training my team? Is there a way I can reset their EVs? Or would I have to breed and level everything from scratch?

EV reducing berries are sold on the eighth floor of the Obsidia Dept. Store, so you'd need seven stickers.

You can get seven by the eighth Gym. Here's the Sticker Guide if you want to see where they are: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9720

My team:

No item

Sturdy

Rash nature

-Spark

-Flash Cannon

-Metal Sound

-Discharge

No item

Super Luck

Careful nature

-Wing Attack

-Feint Attack

-Foul Play

-Brave Bird

No item

Blaze

Mild nature

-Acrobatics

-Flame Wheel

-Close Combat

Big Root

Leaf Guard

Docile nature

-Stun Spore

-Petal Dance

-Synthesis

-Giga Drain

No item

Sturdy

Relaxed nature

-Rock Blast

-Earthquake

-Double-edge

No item

Mummy

Bashful nature

-Shadow Ball

-Will-O-Wisp

-Ominous Wind

-Power Split

Your biggest problem is that you need to go back to the move relearner with a heart scale and get quiver dance on Lilligant, who is completely useless otherwise. Give it a cheri berry and set up on Noel's wigglytuff with it. You should be able to get at least one quiver dance up, more if the AI is feeling really stupid. the field actually boosts grass attacks so a field boosted, STAB boosted, +1 petal dance should start making very quick work of Noel until swellow comes into play. Golem can take care of that.

You will need to give magneton an air balloon for the fight, as I believe is clefable has hidden power ground. Magneton must be saved for clefable, nothing else. You also need to get murkrow to level 55 so it gets sucker punch which at that point you can evolve it to honchkrow. I'd also consider getting tailwind for it from the move relearner before evolving too, as tailwind is a godsend in reborn for doubles battles, and even singles.

Your biggest problem is that you need to go back to the move relearner with a heart scale and get quiver dance on Lilligant, who is completely useless otherwise. Give it a cheri berry and set up on Noel's wigglytuff with it. You should be able to get at least one quiver dance up, more if the AI is feeling really stupid. the field actually boosts grass attacks so a field boosted, STAB boosted, +1 petal dance should start making very quick work of Noel until swellow comes into play. Golem can take care of that.

You will need to give magneton an air balloon for the fight, as I believe is clefable has hidden power ground. Magneton must be saved for clefable, nothing else. You also need to get murkrow to level 55 so it gets sucker punch which at that point you can evolve it to honchkrow. I'd also consider getting tailwind for it from the move relearner before evolving too, as tailwind is a godsend in reborn for doubles battles, and even singles.

Alright, awesome. This is some really good advice I'll have to put into use. But quick question... where can I get an air balloon?

EDIT: So, I tried this strategy setting up on the Wigglytuff, but unfortunately it all falls apart because he's smart enough to send in Swellow straight away after Wigglytuff.

I send in Golem to counter, he U-turns into Cincinno.

I switch to Infernape to take the Bullet Seed, finish his Cincinno with Close Combat.

He sends in Porygon-Z, sweeps my team.

I'm still stuck. :/

Edited by Buttulon

My team:

No item

Sturdy

Rash nature

-Spark

-Flash Cannon

-Metal Sound

-Discharge

No item

Super Luck

Careful nature

-Wing Attack

-Feint Attack

-Foul Play

-Brave Bird

No item

Blaze

Mild nature

-Acrobatics

-Flame Wheel

-Close Combat

Big Root

Leaf Guard

Docile nature

-Stun Spore

-Petal Dance

-Synthesis

-Giga Drain

No item

Sturdy

Relaxed nature

-Rock Blast

-Earthquake

-Double-edge

No item

Mummy

Bashful nature

-Shadow Ball

-Will-O-Wisp

-Ominous Wind

-Power Split

Noel is a girl I believe.You can 1 hit KO her Porygon-Z if you have a fire type pokemon with flamethrower.of course,if your pokemon is slower you're going to get hit but make sure to use a pokemon with decent defenses too.I used my delphox.You could also try and catch a scraggy,it will 1 hit KO her cinccino which was a pain for me to defeat because she always hits 5 times (tail slap and rock blast)

your murkrow could also be useful against cincinno,just level it up to like 54.

Edited by Smarthbunny

My team:

No item

Sturdy

Rash nature

-Spark

-Flash Cannon

-Metal Sound

-Discharge

No item

Super Luck

Careful nature

-Wing Attack

-Feint Attack

-Foul Play

-Brave Bird

No item

Blaze

Mild nature

-Acrobatics

-Flame Wheel

-Close Combat

Big Root

Leaf Guard

Docile nature

-Stun Spore

-Petal Dance

-Synthesis

-Giga Drain

No item

Sturdy

Relaxed nature

-Rock Blast

-Earthquake

-Double-edge

No item

Mummy

Bashful nature

-Shadow Ball

-Will-O-Wisp

-Ominous Wind

-Power Split

Well i beat Noel with the same tactic in both my playthroughs, now idk if you find this helpfull for your team but what i do is just burn the field, his pokemon will get damaged by fire (your fire types won't) and you get boost on fire moves. I did it with only Arcanine the first time (flame burst set fire to the field and it was also sunny so they got destroyed) and second time i used Typholsion and Pyroar male. Now i see that your fire type is an Infernape and he's physical and stuff so it might be a bit tougher to you. Maybe you can go back to lapis ward and teach him a Fire Pledge ( i belive he's able) to burn the field and take advantage over that. Or try using a different available fire type (Pyroar is reaaaally good)

Now for the Porygon Z, yea someone already said it, it's kinda fast so you just need to survive his hit and take it down, i belive i used a sturdy Donphan or something.

Now i'm recommending this fire strategy only cause it really worked for me both times but there's a bunch of other ways i belive like with fighting types and such. Maybe you could just spam that Close Combat and sacrifice other pokemon to revive Infernape

As for the other gym leaders i didn't really have much problem with anyone except for Aya... i had trouble with her even the first time i played (and there was no toxic field as far as i recall) and i lacked a ground type so i had to train up a Golem just for that battle and even then it was tough. And on the second time... god... nightmare. So i don't have any tips for her hahaha although i did train a Beartic just for that fight and it was like preetty pretty useful

Serra (that's her name i belive) was pretty easy cause i just destroyed her field advantage at the beggining (again Sturdy Donphan + Earthquake) and i have 2 strong fire types so she was pretty easy

Luna- i think my main pokemon for that battle was a Pangoro (trained him up for the Psychic gym and used him for Luna too) but i can't really recall much of that battle. And now i'm near Luna in this playthrough so i'm preparing my Adamant Escavalier to hopefully destroy her (He's a beast ^_^)

Alright, awesome. This is some really good advice I'll have to put into use. But quick question... where can I get an air balloon?

EDIT: So, I tried this strategy setting up on the Wigglytuff, but unfortunately it all falls apart because he's smart enough to send in Swellow straight away after Wigglytuff.

I send in Golem to counter, he U-turns into Cincinno.

I switch to Infernape to take the Bullet Seed, finish his Cincinno with Close Combat.

He sends in Porygon-Z, sweeps my team.

I'm still stuck. :/

Hmm, in that case lead with magneton against the wigglytuff and ko it with flash cannon before it can set anything up. That should draw out porygon-Z out a lot earlier which you should paralyse (get it to relearn thunder wave) and damage it before going down. Infernape can start doing major damage at this point to everything except swellow which golem can handle, or honchkrow if it gets into sucker punch KO range. For clefable, have something faint against it and then bring in lilligant. Alternate between quiver dance when you can tank his attacks and giga drain when you need health. That last part will take a while but it should get you over the line.

Hello guys,i am playing the game for the second time(not that i've completed it first time,just lost my save games),but now i'm facing troule with Florinia...

My Team................

Grovyle[25]

leaf blade

pursuit

mega drain

quick attack

Meowstic[25]

psyshock

psybeam

covet

light screen

Igglybuff[16]

copycat

pound

sweet kiss

charm

i also have a zigzagoon[lvl 7] and a egg i obtained from the slums...

so any idea how can i defeat Florinia with this team or which changes should i make?

Edited by Debojit97

You need to train more Pokemon. There are several Poison-types such as Koffing, Ekans and Trubbish and Fire-types like Slugma and Numel. Trubbish can use Toxic Spikes, which poisons all of her Pokemon (except one) upon entry. Koffing can't be hit with Sand Tomb, but might lack power compared to Arbok or Dustox's Venoshock.

Because her Ferroseed is also a Steel-type, any Fire-type move will destroy it. That's why I prefer to have at least one Fire-type in my team against her. Her Cradily is bulky, but also weak to Fighting. If you need a Fighting-type, Hariyama is your best bet at the moment (Makuhita can be found in the slums).

Edited by Zargerth
  • Upvote 1

Florinia will not be dented with just those three, especially since you actually have nothing SE against grass. As zargeth said, more Pokémon vare essential.

A fire type like Numel or even shitty pansear can pull its weight against much of her team, especially that irksome Ferroseed. Beware of Maractus's Spikes, though.

A good fighting type like Pancham or Makuhita, or a steel type like klink, will help versus her otherwise unassailable Cradily. Makuhita is very good because it evolves into Hariyama, a powerful Pokémon, very early: level 24. It can be found in the obsidia slums.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty well stuck on Ciel. I got really close to beating her but it was partially luck, and my fatal mistake was misclicking a heal. Any strats to help get this though would be amazing. My current strategy has been to use Manectric first, throw out Electric Terrain, Thunder the Togekiss, then send out Serperior or Floatzel to deal with Archeops, usually Serperior since he's been able to tank its Earthquake and Rock Slide the best, and take it out with a few Sp. Attack Boosted Leaf Storms. But I usually don't get past Archeops unless I get lucky.

Serperior LV 73
Holding Big Root
Contrary
Jolly
Slam
Giga Drain
Leaf Storm
Leaf Sword

Manectric lv 73

Holding Scope Lens/ Magnet

Static

Timid

Electric Terrain

Thunder

Discharge

Ice Fang

Mamoswine Lv 70

Holding NevermeltIce

Thick Fat

Impish

Ancient Power

Earthquake

Ice Fang

Amnesia

Floatzel Lv 74

Holding Splash Plate

Water Veil

Careful

Crunch

Surf

Aqua Tail

Aqua Jet

Typhlosion Lv 73

Holding Mind Plate

Flash Fire

Timid

Lava Plume

Smoke Screen

Flamethrower

Extrasensory

Noivern Lv 73

Holding Wide Lense

Frisk

Modest

Boomburst

Fly

Dragon Pulse

Air Slash

If Arceops is you're issue, that's easy to counter. It's choiced so just have a Pokemon weak to EQ come in and switch if you think Serperior can take two EQs...which is a little risky but once you knock it down to half, it's completely worthless.

If Arceops is you're issue, that's easy to counter. It's choiced so just have a Pokemon weak to EQ come in and switch if you think Serperior can take two EQs...which is a little risky but once you knock it down to half, it's completely worthless.

Well after a bit of extra grinding, Floatzel can take all of its attacks and take it out in a single, Electric Terrain boosted surf. I got to her last pokemon. Again. But I don't think I can handle that mega Altaria with what I have. I can outspeed it, thats not the problem, it's just the power boost. Maybe I could taunt it with my Zangoose and let my Serperior try and deal with it??

EDIT: Never mind. I just used perish song Murkrow. .... I've been stuck on this boss for 4 days. I'm not ashamed I cheaped it.

Edited by Caraboo

Well after a bit of extra grinding, Floatzel can take all of its attacks and take it out in a single, Electric Terrain boosted surf. I got to her last pokemon. Again. But I don't think I can handle that mega Altaria with what I have. I can outspeed it, thats not the problem, it's just the power boost. Maybe I could taunt it with my Zangoose and let my Serperior try and deal with it??

EDIT: Never mind. I just used perish song Murkrow. .... I've been stuck on this boss for 4 days. I'm not ashamed I cheaped it.

XD. Well perish song is always useful given a particular circumstance. I use it whenever I face an extremely difficult boss, and don't feel like strategizing :P don't really blame ya bro ;)