goldeen 18

lightningrod

lonely

water pulse

water spurt

supersonic

Horn attack

pc pokemon

swirlix 15(2x, didnt know the shop gave the same thing each puzzle)

sweet veil

naive

play nice

fake tears

round

bellydrum

The second one is the same but sub naive for hasty, and bellydrum for fairy wind

kricketot 5

shed skin

lax

growl

bide

espur 4

keen eye

brave

scratch

leer

meowth 5

unnerve

brave

scratch

growl

buneary 14

limber

hardy

defense curl

foresight

endure

frustration

hoothoot 7

keen eye

lonely

tackle

growl

foresight

hypnosis

Pancham 13

mold breaker

brave

leer

arm thrust

work up

karate chop

zigzagoon 9

gluttony

jolly

tackle

cut

sand attack

charge beam

glameow 20

own tempo

mild

growl

hypnosis

feint attack

fury swipes

Tms: charge beam, quash, cut

150 available poke

A large part of the problem is the lack of ability to get poke. if i had acess to farm that, i would just load up on potions and i probably could pass it. where i am now, ive saved before the gym battle with all my potions on me, and if i fail the battle and had used any potions i end up closing and reopening the game.

Edited by cdog1019

You may want to grind up your Pokemon a bit more, since your level cap is level 25. Herdier especially should come in handy with Ice Fang. Also, evolving Woobat to Swoobat would be useful.

You also might want to replace Goldeen with something else, maybe a Fighting type like Makuhita for that Cradily.

Kricketune would be an easy sweeper in this Gym, although it might take a while to level it up.

Ah Florinia, if you don't run a Fire or Flying type on your team (right now you can get Fearow, Tranquil, Pidgeotto, Noctowl, Pansear, Numel, Litleo, and Slugma) it'll be a bit tricky. There's a lot of good event Pokemon but I feel your team is capable enough to take her down. If not, pick up some early game evolution and bring them in to increase your power a bit. Raticate is one who did me wonders with Sucker Punch and Hyper Fang. That should get you down to Cradily as long as you're careful not to let her chip down your HP with her movesets.

If Cradily is your problem...use Stockpile to your advantage. Once it uses all 3 stockpiles...it can't use it anymore. If you throw a couple screeches its way, it'll be frailer than a Cacturne to an X-Scissor. Most people recommend picking up a fighting type which will make short work of it.

well i would bench goldeen for florinia battle because it is weak to most of the pokemon she has. well also i would grind all your pokemon to 23-25. i would grab a makuhita or pancham and train it since fighting types are very useful against florinia.

Edited by Luna

Eh, pancham isn't that great. If you're not using makuhita, I'd recommend mankey as the combination of focus energy + karate chop will invalidate any boosts to the defense of her cradily, while it can survive a few rock type attacks. If possible, try to get one with its hidden ability of defiant as I'm finding that to be a godsend of an ability early game.

So, clearly I'm doing something wrong here. Ciel, the fly-high girl, is giving me trouble.

Main Team

(Yammy) Cofagrigus- 69

Bold Nature (Super lucky break)

Mummy Ability

Pain Split

Will-O-Wisp

Shadow Ball

Destiny Bond

(No Item)

(Lingette) Typhlosion-72

Timid Nature (Also Lucky)

Flash Fire Ability

Strength

Shadow Claw

Flamethrower

Eruption

(Charcoal)

(Dumbo) Donphan- 62

Brave Nature (Triple luck?)

Sturdy Ability

Iron Tail

Earthquake

Rock Smash

Knock Off

(metronome)

(Ms. Doubtfur) Meowstic-F - 69

Competitive Ability

Modest Nature (Press nature to win)

Light Screen

Psychic

Rain Dance (Whoops, fire gym)

Shadow Ball

(mind Plate

(Eugene Crabs) Crustle - 71

Sturdy Ability

Adamant Nature (Holy)

Slash

X-Scissor

Shell Smash

Rock Slide

(Hard Stone)

(Thicks) Hariyama- 64

Guts Ability

Lax Nature (Meh)

Knock off

Fake Out

Close combat

Brick Break

(Black Belt)

Notable PC Mons (Most of em untrained)

Chinchou- 57

Sealeo- 50

Absol- 55

Bronzong-71

Vanillish- 41

Ralts (M)- 10

Clefairy- 38

Jynx- 35

Rhydon (No link stone)- 55

Blastoise- 58

Helioptile- 42

Ursaring- 58

Floatzel(Water HM slave) -60

Misdreveus- 38

Mareep- 14

Pichu- 9

Vanillish (AKA Vanillish Ice) (Not so good moves)- 61

COBRA KAI (Ekans)- 25

If you want to learn any more info on any of my mons, just drop their name, (or alias, if applied) and Ill get back to ya.

My strategy starts by leading with Mr. Krabs, Shell smashing, hoping that the togekiss either aura spheres, or that air slash doesnt flinch. I then rock slide, either missing the rock slide, or OHKOing the togekiss. RKEEOPS comes next, proceeds to clean shop. I send out Yammy, burn it, but then it decides "I dont want to be a defeatist. I want to be a MUMMY". And thats how it half-uncripples itself when I bring it down to half health. after that its just a blur of it sweeping me. once I actually brought her down to the Altaria, but then SURPRISE SURPRISE. MEGA ALTARIA. and then I just gave up.

Notable Items in bag

ULTRAAA POTION x10

Full heal x15

Cotton candy x3

1 Rare candy

Wide lens x1

Focus sash x1

Scope lens x1

Metronomes x1 (Not including Donphans)

Magnet and Blast powder (x5 Each)

Icicle and iron plates x1 each

dawn stone (x1)

Silver powder, silk scar, poison gem (x1 each)

9 Air balloons. (whoops)

2 light clays

NvrMltIce x1

14.7k moolah. (Total BANK)

Edited by Karlboy21

So, clearly I'm doing something wrong here. Ciel, the fly-high girl, is giving me trouble.

Main Team

(Yammy) Cofagrigus- 69

Bold Nature (Super lucky break)

Mummy Ability

Pain Split

Will-O-Wisp

Shadow Ball

Destiny Bond

(No Item)

(Lingette) Typhlosion-72

Timid Nature (Also Lucky)

Flash Fire Ability

Strength

Shadow Claw

Flamethrower

Eruption

(Charcoal)

(Dumbo) Donphan- 62

Brave Nature (Triple luck?)

Sturdy Ability

Iron Tail

Earthquake

Rock Smash

Knock Off

(metronome)

(Ms. Doubtfur) Meowstic-F - 69

Competitive Ability

Modest Nature (Press nature to win)

Light Screen

Psychic

Rain Dance (Whoops, fire gym)

Shadow Ball

(mind Plate

(Eugene Crabs) Crustle - 71

Sturdy Ability

Adamant Nature (Holy)

Slash

X-Scissor

Shell Smash

Rock Slide

(Hard Stone)

(Thicks) Hariyama- 64

Guts Ability

Lax Nature (Meh)

Knock off

Fake Out

Close combat

Brick Break

(Black Belt)

Notable PC Mons (Most of em untrained)

Chinchou- 57

Sealeo- 50

Absol- 55

Bronzong-71

Vanillish- 41

Ralts (M)- 10

Clefairy- 38

Jynx- 35

Rhydon (No link stone)- 55

Blastoise- 58

Helioptile- 42

Ursaring- 58

Floatzel(Water HM slave) -60

Misdreveus- 38

Mareep- 14

Pichu- 9

Vanillish (AKA Vanillish Ice) (Not so good moves)- 61

COBRA KAI (Ekans)- 25

If you want to learn any more info on any of my mons, just drop their name, (or alias, if applied) and Ill get back to ya.

My strategy starts by leading with Mr. Krabs, Shell smashing, hoping that the togekiss either aura spheres, or that air slash doesnt flinch. I then rock slide, either missing the rock slide, or OHKOing the togekiss. RKEEOPS comes next, proceeds to clean shop. I send out Yammy, burn it, but then it decides "I dont want to be a defeatist. I want to be a MUMMY". And thats how it half-uncripples itself when I bring it down to half health. after that its just a blur of it sweeping me. once I actually brought her down to the Altaria, but then SURPRISE SURPRISE. MEGA ALTARIA. and then I just gave up.

Notable Items in bag

ULTRAAA POTION x10

Full heal x15

Cotton candy x3

1 Rare candy

Wide lens x1

Focus sash x1

Scope lens x1

Metronomes x1 (Not including Donphans)

Magnet and Blast powder (x5 Each)

Icicle and iron plates x1 each

dawn stone (x1)

Silver powder, silk scar, poison gem (x1 each)

9 Air balloons. (whoops)

2 light clays

NvrMltIce x1

14.7k moolah. (Total BANK)

Level everything to lv75. that should help

Also, a Steel type is amazing in this gym since you can easily KO the Togekiss and Altaria. There is a Move tutor with Iron Tail in the circus if you're struggling.

Most Ice types will have a great time too. Just basically sweep with a walrein who's bulky enough to take a few hits.

A stealth-rock user with Sturdy is gonna be a ton of help too.

Oh yeah. Bronzong with trick room and heavy slam. OHKO Archeops. Just let him set up on the Togekiss first, which he should be able to kill if he doesnt get flnched. Levitate also helped with the Altaria's EQ

In regards to the person stuck on Ciel

Out: Hariyama

In: Bronzong

Setting up TR is your best hope for this match. Teach cofagrigus TR over...probably pain split for this battle, and get TR on bronzong. Contrary to other advice, I'd try and KO togekiss before setting up, as you can potentially bait archeops into using EQ (it has a choice band) on something like rhydon, then switching to levitate bronzong to set up trick room.

Your biggest problem is you have absolutely nothing that can stand against paraflinch shenanigans that togekiss employs, and the AI does not hesitate to employ them if you lack something immune to thunder wave. If you had a heart scale, I'd be telling you to grind up chinchou to level 70 and use the move tutor to get thunder wave on it. Failing that, you might want to consider the long and painful process of grinding up that mareep with thunder wave for this battle, as you're going to be soft resetting for a miracle vs togekiss otherwise. I'm really concerned you have missed WAY too many event pokemon and good items along your journey.

Good luck, you'll need it.

@sound of silence

pancham is better than mankey in terms of move pool. mankey is too frail and only has 2 fighting type moves whne it hits lvl 25. Plus pancham/pangoro can be used for shade since he has the ability scrappy. 2 birds 1 stone rather than wasting time training a frail and useless fighting type like mankey i rather train pancham. but the best fighting type available early is 100% makuhita.

@karlboy21

Remove hariyama from you team since he cant do much vs a team of flying types. train up sealeo and evole him to walrein and add him to you team also you can add lanturn to deal with talonflame and bronzong to deal with mega altaria,. Also just grind your pokemon to around lvl 73-74. you can whack the clown at agate circus since he can be battled again and again.

The irony of it, playing a ground mono, I'm having problems with Aya, and this is the first gym I've had serious problems with. Just so you guys know this is on hardcore as well, so yeah, here's my team so far.

Diggersby L.45

Bounce

Strength

Dig

Double Kick

Dugtrio Lv. 45

Dig

Slash

Sucker Punch

Earthquake

Claydol Lv.45

Cosmic Power

Stealth Rocks

Earth Power

Extrasensory

Nidoking Lv.45

Earth Power

Poison Jab

Thrash

Rock Smash

Camerupt Lv.45

Yawn

Earth Power

Lava Plume

Rock Slide

Quagsire Lv.45

Muddy Water

Earthquake

Amnesia

Yawn

And in the PC we have:

Torterra Lv.45

Earthquake

Crunch

Leech Seed

Razor Leaf

Piloswine Lv.40

Thrash

Ice Shard

Icy Wind

Earthquake

Wishcash Lv.40

Earthquake

Rest

Sleep Talk

Aqua Tail

Golurk Lv.45

Heavy Slam

Dynamic Punch

Magnitude

Shadow Punch

Golem Lv.45

Stealth Rock

Rock Throw

Earthquake

Self-Destruct

Flygone Lv.39

Earthquake

Crunch

Superpower

Dragon Claw

If you can teach Flygon dig. Then set it up next to as many earthquake users as possible while it uses dig. Its levitate makes EQ completely unneffective and it can just keep OHKO most everything and dodging Draglage's poision spams until the team can kill it. Also evolving piloswine would help a lot.

If you can teach Flygon dig. Then set it up next to as many earthquake users as possible while it uses dig. Its levitate makes EQ completely unneffective and it can just keep OHKO most everything and dodging Draglage's poision spams until the team can kill it. Also evolving piloswine would help a lot.

The only thing about that strategy is that her field makes earthquake deal so little damage it's usually not even worth it, and I haven't progressed the story far enough to get to the move remember, so I can't evolve piloswine just yet.

@ AnimeFg

well you can change the field by using mist. if i am not wrong Piloswine/Mamoswine learn it. Once the field is misted just EQ away but watch out aya might turn the field to Corrosive mist(dont think she has moves to do so but just be incase bring a mon which can kaboom the corrosive mist field). You can still EQ away in Corrosive mist or you can always just use mist again to make it back to normal mist or use lava plume to kaboom the field/ use explosion/self-destruct to make field into neutral field. well since you can catch lvl 30+ swinub at the ice cave near shades gym it will be easy to have a piloswine with mist since swinub learns mist at lvl 35.

Edited by Luna

@ AnimeFg

well you can change the field by using mist. if i am not wrong Piloswine/Mamoswine learn it. Once the field is misted just EQ away but watch out aya might turn the field to Corrosive mist(dont think she has moves to do so but just be incase bring a mon which can kaboom the corrosive mist field). You can still EQ away in Corrosive mist or you can always just use mist again to make it back to normal mist or use lava plume to kaboom the field/ use explosion/self-destruct to make field into neutral field. well since you can catch lvl 30+ swinub at the ice cave near shades gym it will be easy to have a piloswine with mist since swinub learns mist at lvl 35.

Oh my god, i totally forgot about that, thank you so much.

hi im stuck on shelly somehow

i do burning field but she spams bubblebeam

team:

braixen level 34

bold magician

light screen

psyshock

fire spin

flame charge

camerupt level 34

quirky solid rock

lava plume

flame burst

magnitude

earth power

hariyama level 32

mild guts

vital throw

force palm

smelling salts

fake out

meowstic M level 33

adamant prankster

miracle eye

psybeam

psyshock

disarming voice

luxray level 34

quiet intimidate

charge beam

spark

roar

bite

shiny nidorino level 32

jolly rivalry

poison sting

double kick

horn attack

cut

notable pc pokemon:

budew level 5

happiny level 10

pancham level 12

mareep level 14

5 level 15 swirlix

a level 15 vanillite

a level 15 spoink

a level 18 electrike

level 20 slugma

level 24 helioptile

level 25 spritzee

a level 25 ponyta

4 shiny poochyena

a shiny sewaddle

a shiny pidgeotto

rattata level 12

level 16 onix

level 17 gulpin

level 20 linoone

level 23 trubbish

level 26 kricketune

level 13 axew from egg

level 25 murkrow

and finally a level 25 growlithe

-pant- -pant- thanks

Camerupt literally swept Shelly for me. Take out the Masquerain and you should really not be facing any difficulties.

Also, why does your Meowstic M not have any support moves? It's nature is terrible as a damage dealer and PRANKSTER light screen will help you take the bubblebeam better

Shell Smash Macargo also has the potential to sweep this gym.

Edited by wytch_doctr

@ AnimeFg

No problem.

@nugget_22

well you can win easily just take out that pesky masquerain. i wonder why your camerupt does not have rock slide. oh well just dont lead with 2 fire types burn the field and lead with a fire type which can burn the forest and a flying type which cannot be affected by the burning field the flying type maybe an unfezant since you can get pidove at the slums and you can easily train it up to unfezant cause the grand hall trainer can be rebattle again and again.

Easier idea for nugget22: Lead with hairyama and camerupt. Have hariyama use fake out on masquerain, and have camerupt use lava plume. Don't worry about hariyama getting burned as its collateral damage for this fight, or better yet teach it facade if you are good enough to manipulate the voltorb flip game in the game corner.

Unless the AI has become smart enough to have illumise use rain dance turn 1 now...

Or alternatively, if you can find 3 red shards, there is a house in the lapis ward that will teach braixen fire pledge. go there and do that. That move will also torch the field, allowing you to bring camerupt in after you kill masquerain and sweep.

Hey guys! I have some trouble with Aya for now. Having such a hard time to make a strategy out of her but she always try to intercept it.

Here are my pokes in spoiler

Repentance/Corsola

222.gif

Level 44 - Hard Stone

Ability: Regenerator

Moves

Bubblebeam

Power Gem

Earth Power

Curse

Hegemony/Beautifly

267.gif

Level 44 - Big Root

Ability: Swarm

Moves

Air Cutter

Giga Drain

Bug Buzz

Quiver Dance

Pontifice/Blaziken

257.gif

Level 44 - None

Ability: Speed Boost

Moves

Slash

Bulk Up

Blaze Kick

Sand Attack (LOL)

Frisco/Trevenant

709.gif

Level 39 - Spooky Plate

Ability: Frisk

Moves

Leech Seed

Shadow Claw

Destiny Bond

Feint Attack

Malice/Murkrow

198.gif

Level 44 - Sky Plate

Ability: Super Luck

Moves

Wing Attack

Night Shade

Foul Play

Brave Bird

Eyre/Donphan

232.gif

Level 43 - None

Ability: Sturdy

Moves

Rollout

Rock Smash

Earthquake

Slam

Might be one of the weakest team I had ever used for Aya. Any tips?

Box:

Interjangle/Cacturne

332.gif

Level 41 - Rose Incense

Ability: Water Absorb

Moves

Leech Seed

Needle Arm

Nasty Plot

Feint Attack

[Damn Defense EV is 80]

Nightingale/Zorua

570.gif

Level 30 - None

Ability: Illusion

Moves

Scary Face

Taunt

Foul Play

Extrasensory

Kleptic/Dusclops

356.gif

Level 37 - None

Moves

Confuse Ray

Curse

Will-o-wisp

Shadow Punch

Edited by SethKM

Hey guys! I have some trouble with Aya for now. Having such a hard time to make a strategy out of her but she always try to intercept it.

Here are my pokes in spoiler

Repentance/Corsola - Level 44 - Hard Stone

Ability: Regenerator

Moves

Bubblebeam

Power Gem

Earth Power

Curse

Hegemony/Beautifly - Level 44 - Big Root

Ability: Swarm

Moves

Air Cutter

Giga Drain

Bug Buzz

Quiver Dance

Pontifice/Blaziken - Level 44 - None

Ability: Speed Boost

Moves

Slash

Bulk Up

Blaze Kick

Sand Attack (LOL)

Frisco/Trevenant - Level 39 - Spooky Plate

Moves

Leech Seed

Shadow Claw

Destiny Bond

Feint Attack

Malice/Murkrow - Level 44 - Sky Plate

Ability: Super Luck

Moves

Wing Attack

Night Shade

Foul Play

Brave Bird

Eyre/Donphan - Level 43 - None

Ability: Sturdy

Moves

Rollout

Rock Smash

Earthquake

Slam

Might be one of the weakest team I had ever used for Aya. Any tips?

Box:

Interjangle/Cacturne - Level 41 - Rose Incense

Ability: Water Absorb

Moves

Leech Seed

Needle Arm

Nasty Plot

Feint Attack

[Damn Defense EV is 80]

Nightingale/Zorua - Level 30 - None

Ability: Illusion

Moves

Scary Face

Taunt

Foul Play

Extrasensory

Kleptic/Dusclops - Level 37 - None

Moves

Confuse Ray

Curse

Will-o-wisp

Shadow Punch

Psychic types are the way to go for Aya. Only Drapion on her team is immune to Psychic (if I remember correctly.) So if you go grab a Meowstic (Female would be best, but you can breed it with a Ditto if you got it from the Amaria factory raid.) and keep it alive with your second mon, you can basically sweep her. Also, a Camerupt is great for this gym as it can learn things like Earth Power which isn't resisted by drapion. Hydro Pump may be a problem though, form Dragalgae.

A final tip is to get a Piloswine, who learns Mist through level-up. It neutralizes the field (I think, it works for most terrain) and you can just go with EQ spam after that

@SethKM

Aya is weak to psychic type and certain ground types moves(earth power,Dig,Drill Run) if you play in her wasteland field but you can always change the field to what you want using Mist,Misty terrain,Electric terrain and Grassy terrain. The most readily available field changing move is Mist. Well Quagsire,Pelipper and Piloswine are the few pokemon you can consider using to mist the field. Train piloswine to lvl 46 since it learns EQ at lvl 46 and use common candy to lower its lvl to the lvl cap. Quagsire learns mist at lvl 48 and piloswine learns it at lvl 37 so i guess the best pokemon to run mist on is piloswine or pelipper.

Here is the team i would run to fight Aya:

Piloswine

Lvl 44-soft sand

Ability:Thick Fat

Earthquake( Lvl up to lvl 46 to learn)

Ice fang

Mist

icy wind( can be replaced with any moves)

Quagsire

Lvl 44-none

Ability:Water Absorb

Earthquake

Yawn

Rain Dance

Mud Bomb

Meowstic M

Lvl 44-light clay

Ability:Prankster

Light Screen

Reflect

Psyshock

Psychic

Swoobat/Woobat

lvl 44-Sky plate

Ability:Simple

Calm mind

Air cutter

Psychic

Air Slash

Camerupt(optional)

Lvl 44-none

Ability:Rock solid

Lava plume

Rock slide

Earthquake(lvl up to lvl 46 to learn and than use common candy to lower to lvl cap)

Earth Power

Donphan

Lvl 44-none

Ability:Sturdy

Rollout

Rock smash

Earthquake

Slam

well lead with piloswine and swoobat/any flying type. Mist the field and Calm mind than start spamming eq and pyschic/air slash/air cutter to kill everything.

well i would get rid of beautifly and corsola cause they are not that good stat wise and move pool wise in late game replace beautifly with swoobat and corsola with Quagsire.