Emolga Lv 25 (Newly received)
Cheri Berry
Static
Modest
- Nuzzle
- Pursuit
- Double Team
- Shock Wave

*Also, which is the best place to train Espurr before the third gym?

(Finally something from the early game that I've already done!)

For training, I just went to the Cemetery. If you are lucky, you can find fully evolved Pokémon, like Arbok, that give more experience. For Espurr and Growlithe you can go to the Jasper Ward / Malchous Forest, where there are Pokémon with the same level. There are some Beedrills too, which give a good amount of experience.

The first Pokémon, when I fought Corey, was Skrelp. (If it's not been changed) You can use Emolga and try to prevent him from using Toxic Spikes by doing damage and making Corey use the Potions. (I had Manectric for that). If you have Meowstic than you should be OK, except against Croagunk and Crobat.

Croagunk knows Sucker Punch, so you can stay in with Meowstic and use status moves until he runs out of PP for Sucker Punch, then attack.

If you are always getting outsped by Crobat and you can't land one hit, try to use an Arbok (you find it in the Cemetery) who knows Glare. It should resist at every attack that Crobat has. After that, you can use Meowstic or Emolga to KO it.

If Espurr has Own Tempo and it's male, you'll have a Meowstic with Prankster. You can use Light screen with increased priority to avoid getting KOed by Crobat, instead of paralyzing it with Arbok.

Meowstic will also learn Psyshock at level 25 (regardless of gender), which is really helpful in this gym.

I hope I was helpful ^_^

Edited by Cyaloom

Corey
Frogadier Lv 28
N/A
Protean
Timid
- Water Pulse
- Lick
- Bubble
- Quick Attack
Kricketune Lv 29
N/A
Technician
Serious
- Slash
- Bide
- Struggle Bug
- Fury Cutter
Noibat Lv 24
N/A
Frisk
Quirky
- Bite
- Wing Attack
- Tackle
- Air Cutter
Espurr Lv 16 (Priority for training)
N/A
Infiltrator
Sassy
- Scratch
- Light Screen
- Covet
- Confusion
Growlithe Lv 20
N/A
Justified
Docile
- Odor Sleuth
- Helping Hand
- Flame Wheel
- Reversal
Emolga Lv 25 (Newly received)
Cheri Berry
Static
Modest
- Nuzzle
- Pursuit
- Double Team
- Shock Wave

*Also, which is the best place to train Espurr before the third gym?

You can catch phanphy in the beryl ward, evolve it and at level 30 it should learn magnitude

You also can try to sweep with emolga, put it in level 30, get +6 evasiveness with double team(against the skrelp), then you just need to use the combination nuzzle + electro ball, that's how I did...

If your Espurr has Own Tempo, Meowstic's ability, if it's female, will be Competitive (like Defiant, but for Special Attack). It's a more offensive inclined level-up movepool without Reflect. (That's why I wanted a male Meowstic). But, since you're using Meowstic to deal damage to Corey's Pokémon, it's OK. (Also stats don't change with a different gender).

You also can try to sweep with emolga, put it in level 30, get +6 evasiveness with double team(against the skrelp), then you just need to use the combination nuzzle + electro ball, that's how I did...

This is also a good strategy!

Espurr have 2 Abilities and 1 HA

Keen Eye (Opponent cannot lower this Pokémon’s accuracy. The Pokémon ignores evasion boosts of the opponent)

Infiltrator (The protections and stat boosts caused by the moves Substitute, Reflect, Light Screen and Safeguard by the opponent are ignored.)

HA

Own Tempo (The Pokémon cannot be Confused while having this ability)

and when it evolves on Meowstic the HA changes based on the gender

Male HA

Prankster (Status category moves have their Speed Priority increased by 1)

Female HA

Competitive (Raises Sp. Atk stat by two stages whenever a stat is lowered)

You can always change the ability with an ability capsule

Edited by Qaaz

Well, dang, I got infiltrator espurr :( (Well at least infiltrator is good in some ways) Is there anyway I can get another Espurr?

Breed or as I said use Ability Capsules

Go talk to the day care couple again and again

and when u enter the Blacksteam Factory search for Ditto

Edited by Qaaz

Alright, so... I'm at Shade right now, and getting utterly annihalated every time I fight him. Help would be awesome. Worth it to note though, that IV's, EV's, and Natures and that stuff goes right over my head so rambling that at me will mean very little.

EDIT; Growlithe didn't have focus sash - mixed it up with something else.

-

Growlithe | 33

No Item
Intimidate
Docile
- Flame Burst
- Retaliate
- Flame Wheel
- Reversal

Skuntank | 35

No Item
Stench
Mild
- Slash
- Acid Spray
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

Loudred | 35

No Item
Soundproof
Rash
- Stomp
- Echoed Voice
- Bite
- Screech

Lumineon | 37

No Item
Water Veil
Mild
- Gust
- Water Pulse
- Attract
- Rain Dance

Serperior | 36

No Item
Contrary
Bold
- Tackle
- Leaf Blade
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed

Kricketune | 37

No Item
Technician
Careful
- Cut
- Slash
- X Scizzor
- Fury Cutter

Edited by shinymissingno

Back @ Corey's gym in the Beryl Cemetary, you can catch wild Phanpys. They evolve at level 25, so just grind it near your levels. It gets Knock Off and Magnitude/Earthquake rather early-wait we can't access the Move Relearners house at this point of the game in E14 huh? why amethyst why You can't get knock off as it learns it at lv.19. You'll have to rely on Magnitude :(.

Btws, there are a few early game ability capsules, sorry I don't know where they are.Use one on Loudred, it can get Scrappy, pair that with Echoed Voice, and that will do wonders. Just keep dat loud healthy.

Back @ Corey's gym in the Beryl Cemetary, you can catch wild Phanpys. They evolve at level 25, so just grind it near your levels. It gets Knock Off and Magnitude/Earthquake rather early-wait we can't access the Move Relearners house at this point of the game in E14 huh? why amethyst why You can't get knock off as it learns it at lv.19. You'll have to rely on Magnitude :(.

Btws, there are a few early game ability capsules, sorry I don't know where they are.Use one on Loudred, it can get Scrappy, pair that with Echoed Voice, and that will do wonders. Just keep dat loud healthy.

Everything is tedious when the Move Relearner is not around.

Anyway, try to find a way to neutralize Corey's field effect too.

Edited by Ace_Trainer_Vince

Ah Shade, one of the more intriguing Gym Leaders.. With his new field effect, Short-circuit Field, many Ghost type moves are boosted as well as interesting new effects. With this, you have to allow your team to work around the disadvantages that can come with it.

Mons that I recommend that you could pick up would be Zorua, Mightyena, Cacturne (If you can get it), Skuntank, Ursaring, Hariyama (If you get Knock Off on it) and Drapion.

If you need help searching for these mons, look at the Pokemon Location Guide V2 and Reborn EV Training Guide.

@Vince Shiny is asking for help for Shade, not Corey haha.

So. As it turns out, all I needed to do to gain an edge was teach my Serperior Nature Power. In the dark, it turns into Discharge, and that takes away the dark. From then on, it was a matter of just outlasting him most times after dropping toxic on the pokes that could take it.

*does a happy dance*

Ah, but thank you for the advice anyways~!

Ah Shade, one of the more intriguing Gym Leaders.. With his new field effect, Short-circuit Field, many Ghost type moves are boosted as well as interesting new effects. With this, you have to allow your team to work around the disadvantages that can come with it.

Mons that I recommend that you could pick up would be Zorua, Mightyena, Cacturne (If you can get it), Skuntank, Ursaring, Hariyama (If you get Knock Off on it) and Drapion.

If you need help searching for these mons, look at the Pokemon Location Guide V2 and Reborn EV Training Guide.

@Vince Shiny is asking for help for Shade, not Corey haha.

Oh lol. Sorry. XD

For Shade, though. I have no idea besides using Alakazam for Gengar.

Edited by Ace_Trainer_Vince

Well, dang, I got infiltrator espurr :( (Well at least infiltrator is good in some ways) Is there anyway I can get another Espurr?

It's also possible to catch another Espurr in the Aqua Hideout. You don't have to wait until getting Ditto to get another one.

Ah, first time in awhile since I posted in the forums. Anyways, Aya. You know her, you might love her, you might hate her. Who knows. But I'm working on trying to beat her and she's really hard. My team isn't exactly double battle oriented, so there's that...anyway, I figure maybe it might be time to give my team an overhaul. Here's the team:

Ninja the Drapion

Level 40

Quiet Nature

Ability: Sniper
-Bug Bite

-Poison Fang

-Night Slash
-Hone Claws

Eradicate the Raticate

Level 41

Mild Nature

Ability: Hustle

-Crunch

-Double Edge

-Charge Beam

-Cut

DIO the Hariyama

Level: 43

Gentle Nature

Ability: Sheer Force

-SmellingSalts

-Wake-up Slap

-Knock Off

-Fake Out

Johnny the Feraligatr

Rash Nature

Level 43

Ability: Sheer Force

-Crunch

-Chip Away

-Water Gun

-Ice Fang

Decepticon the Donphan

Level 43

Naive Nature

Ability: Sand Veil

-Earthquake

-Rollout

-Fury Attack

-Endure

Braveheart the Pyroar

Level 44

Naive Nature

Ability: Moxie

-Flamethrower

-Crunch

-Work Up

-Echoed Voice

So, that's the team. Do you think I can handle Aya? And if I can't, what should I do? Even then, are there improvements I can make?

Thank you.

Welcome back to the forums then Captain. Awesome nicknames by the way for the ones you nicknamed yourself.

Anyways, Aya's current filed is the Wasteland field which can boost moves that she is likely to use such as Sludge Wave (which you'll receive by beating her) and nerfing moves that would do Super-Effective damage to her such as Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. That being said, you would want to try to use mainly Psychic types, but Ground types can still do some work still :] Other than your Donphan, which is relatively slow, you won't be doing as much Super-Effective damage to her so you may consider reworking your team for this gym.

Mons I would recommend to use would be Gothitelle, Meowstic, Malamar, Graveler, Piloswine, Dugtrio, Seismitoad, Marowak, Whiscash, and Gastrodon. If you need to find out where/what time to find these mons, check these two threads -> Pokemon Location Guide V2 and Reborn EV Training Guide.

Also, if you wanted to know what Aya's team was it is Nidoqueen, Tentacruel, Venusaur, Gengar, Dragalge, and Drapion.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

@CaptainMomo there tons of improvements that you can do on the moveset on a few Pokes. I keep saying this over and over again, don't teach your main team HM moves, grab a Bibarel and make it your slave for LIFE. Now let me said a few things:

Raticate: You should had taught it Super Fang. IMO, this is one of the best move this guy learns. You could use this to halve Dragalge HP and them maybe KO it before it could make a move.

Drapion: Have you try to Hone Claws 6 stages and sweep her team with Drapion? IDK what Poke Aya is running but I do know she still have that Dragalge. You should be able to set up Drapion with 6 Hone Claws...

I could recommend Pokes and such but I don't like to do that. I believe your team can destroy her...

Last thing...

Ninja the Drapion

Eradicate the Raticate

DIO the Hariyama

Johnny the Feraligatr

Decepticon the Donphan

Braveheart the Pyroar

Why does everyone "[Nickname here] the [Name of the Poke here]" do this? is it some reference I'm not aware off?

Welcome back to the forums then Captain. Awesome nicknames by the way for the ones you nicknamed yourself.

Anyways, Aya's current filed is the Wasteland field which can boost moves that she is likely to use such as Sludge Wave (which you'll receive by beating her) and nerfing moves that would do Super-Effective damage to her such as Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. That being said, you would want to try to use mainly Psychic types, but Ground types can still do some work still :] Other than your Donphan, which is relatively slow, you won't be doing as much Super-Effective damage to her so you may consider reworking your team for this gym.

Mons I would recommend to use would be Gothitelle, Meowstic, Malamar, Graveler, Piloswine, Dugtrio, Seismitoad, Marowak, Whiscash, and Gastrodon. If you need to find out where/what time to find these mons, check these two threads -> Pokemon Location Guide V2 and Reborn EV Training Guide.

Also, if you wanted to know what Aya's team was it is Nidoqueen, Tentacruel, Venusaur, Gengar, Dragalge, and Drapion.

Wow, I've been missing out. Haven't caught have of these pokemon, so... anyways, finally beat her. Got lucky with that godforsaken Dragalge and managed to lower it's health enough to where Nidoqueen KOed it with it's own Sludge Wave. From there, was rather easy. Thank you.

@CaptainMomo there tons of improvements that you can do on the moveset on a few Pokes. I keep saying this over and over again, don't teach your main team HM moves, grab a Bibarel and make it your slave for LIFE. Now let me said a few things:

Raticate: You should had taught it Super Fang. IMO, this is one of the best move this guy learns. You could use this to halve Dragalge HP and them maybe KO it before it could make a move.

Drapion: Have you try to Hone Claws 6 stages and sweep her team with Drapion? IDK what Poke Aya is running but I do know she still have that Dragalge. You should be able to set up Drapion with 6 Hone Claws...

I could recommend Pokes and such but I don't like to do that. I believe your team can destroy her...

Last thing...

Why does everyone "[Nickname here] the [Name of the Poke here]" do this? is it some reference I'm not aware off?

I've never been a fan of using slaves for HMs. Besides, eventually Raticate will be out of the team, so I can give it all the HMs I'll need.

As for why we do that? Not sure. But I feel it's because we took the time to nickname them, so might as well add them.

Hey guys! I'm stuck in a horrible situation in Aya's gym. All my Pokemon are at level 45 about to go to 46. I'm sure once that happens, all my Pokemon will start disobeying me. And the funny thing is, I'm not even able to get through her first two Pokemon, i.e, Tentacruel and Muk! Here's my team:

Skuntank:

Toxic

Acid Spray

Night Slash

Flamethrower

Garbordor (Shiny):

Toxic

Sludge Bomb

Sludge

Toxic

Arcanine:

Flamethrower

Fire Fang

Flame Burst

Retaliation

Emolga:

Electro Ball

Shock Wave

Pursuit

Acrobatics

Swanna:

Bubblebeam

Water Pulse

Aerial Ace

Air Slash

Heatmor:

Fury Swipes

Bug Bite

Flame Burst

Snatch

This is the team I used in my first battle against Aya and got royally screwed. I also have the following Pokemon of level 45, which I have deposited at the moment in my PC:

Chesnaught:

Spiky Shield

Bite

Mud Shot

Seed Bomb

Dusclops:

Curse

Shadow Punch

Shadow Sneak

Confuse Ray

Apart from these there's Mareep, Cacnea, Houndour, Buizel, Shiny Skorupki, Espurr, Spoink, Azurill, Ditto, Chespin, Smoochum, Panpour, Shiny Oddish, Pachirisu, Glameow, Lilipup, Snubull, Drifloon and Happiny who are of very low levels and just lying in the PC.

What do you suggest I do? That Tentacruel is owning my Emolga with Icy Wind so can't even use electric moves to counter :/

Best would be if you got some new pokemon. I would recommend Magneton for poison immunity and he can get rid of Tentacruel, also try to thunderwave Gengar. Then any ground, rock, psychic pokemon. Luxray to crunch gengar, Flygon is really good here with earthquake and crunch...