Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

Actually, all I did was set up 6 calm minds, used an X speed and taught grass knot to my alakazam and I one shotted all his pokemon. I'll think about replacing Ampharos in the future though. Thanks for the help.

What's the best pokemon overall to probably replace my Ampharos?

Then try that, after 3 calm minds my lvl72, 252 EV spa, 26 IV spa, calm nature Alakazam did not manage to one hit garchomp and then got ko-d by it. With one calm mind you wont even get past excadrill.

Take that, hahaha!

Anyway, glad to have been of help. Alazakam today, alakazam tomorrow, alakazam always!

And if you want an electric type, Go for eelektross. Make it a mixed attacker with coil, crunch, brick break and discharge.

Interesting..A Sandstorm should replace the Drought on the field.

And if you use Water Pledge, according to the Superheated Field description, it should only cause a "Steam" effect that lowers the accuracy of all of the active mons by one stage.

I haven't tried out the Sandstorm or the Water Pledge so I don't know by personal experience. Let me know what happens with the Sandstorm bit.

Actually, all I did was set up 6 calm minds, used an X speed and taught grass knot to my alakazam and I one shotted all his pokemon. I'll think about replacing Ampharos in the future though. Thanks for the help.

What's the best pokemon overall to probably replace my Ampharos?

If you did the Elekid event in Calcenon, you can pick that up, and next Episode we SHOULD have access to the floor to actually buy the Electrizerier... hopefully

Hmm, Sandstorm might hurt me more than it helps.

Why did I always think Ground Types resisted Fire?

Well, might just post my team here. The ones missing a level I'm still leveling up to even come close to beating the gym:

Jade Jolie the shiny Rainbow Rapidash

Flash Fire

Quiet (oh that sucks, didn't see that before)

Agility

Fire Blast

Bounce

Flare Blitz

Detox the Dragalge (66)

Adaptability

Timid (dat 99 speed tho)

Sludge Wave

Dragon Pulse

Sludge Bomb

Surf

Lil' Kenya the Bronzong

Heatproof

Bashfull

Gyro Ball

Extrasensory

Payback

Heal Block

(this one should get Rain Dance and Trick Room right?)

Raven the Houndoom(63)

Flash Fire

Quiet

Dark Pulse

Nasty Plot

Flamethrower

Crunch

BiancaDelRio the Gallade(63)

Steadfast

Serious

Leaf Blade

Close Combat

Psycho Cut

Night Slash

Panpour (20)(I have the water stone to evolve it but want brine, acrobatics and scald first)

Gluttony

Calm

Future moves

Scald

Brine

Ácrobatics

Rain Dance.

So I need to train up Gallade, Rapidash, Houndoom, Bronzong and Panpour a bit. Should've trained more with Aya tho...

And then??

Edit: Seeing as Blizzard takes out the Field effect, I thought of training my freshly caught Spheal up to Walrein and have Bronzong use Trickroom followed byWalrein's Blizzard. How's that sound?

Edited by Helia

Right now I pretty much lose to all the gym leaders. Right now I'm stuck against Terra and can't beat her. Here's my party:

Alakazam: 195 SpA 205 Speed level 69

Moves:

Psychic

Calm Mind

Recover

Shadow Ball

Blaziken: 233 Attack 124 Speed level 68

Ability: Speed Boost

Moves:

Blaze Kick

Flare Blitz

Sky Uppercut

Double Kick (Accidentally got rid of bulk up)

Gyarados: Level 68

Dragon Dance

Ice Fang

Aqua Tail

Surf

Scrafty: Level 68

Brick Break

High Jump Kick

Crunch

Strength

Ampharos: Level 69, Modest

Discharge

Confuse Ray

Power Gem

Dragon Pulse

Excadrill: Level 68

Rock Slide

Earthquake

Dig

Rock Smash

Any suggestions?

Quickest way I can think of helping you is to replace two of your pokemon with a walrein and bronzong (bronzong needs to have levitate, doesn't matter for walrein).

Keep both alakazam and scrafty, everything else is useless against Terra due to her field effect. buy an air balloon for scrafty (this will help when it takes on her excadril). Alakazam is needed to get past nidoking, but don't bother setting up with it.

Ideally, you want terra to get to a point where she sends out her claydol. At this point bronzong needs to come in and set up trick room (which you have the tm for and need to teach it). Then send out walrein and kill everything with blizzard.

Alternatively, if you have a drapion and a few tanky mons/mons with protect in your PC, when the claydol comes out, send out drapion with air balloon and set up 2 layers of toxic spikes. You can then proceed to use pokemon and items to toxic stall out the rest of her team once nidoking and excadril are slain. Drapion with an air balloon works best to set up T-spikes as claydol cannot do anything to it other than explode. Generally it takes the AI several turns to realise this, as with the air balloon, drapion is immune to everything else claydol has.

Hope this helps.

I am currently having trouble defeating Charlotte here's my team

Donphan: level 71

earthquake

take down

roll out

strength

Stoutland: level 66

retaliate

rock smash

crunch

play rough

Drapion: level 69

crunch

dark pulse

night slash

cross poison

Heatmor: level 67

flamethrower

inferno

slash

bug bite

Infernape: level 70

close combat

acrobatics

flare blitz

cut

Escavalier: level 70

rock smash

iron head

x-scissor

giga impact

• Upvote 1

Anything on your box that can hep you?

As for now make sure that Heatmor have Flash Fire

store the Escavalier and maybe the doge

If you have some fast pokemon and Rain Dance would be great when she use Ninetails to use Rain Dance

Anything on your box that can hep you?

As for now make sure that Heatmor have Flash Fire

store the Escavalier and maybe the doge

If you have some fast pokemon and Rain Dance would be great when she use Ninetails to use Rain Dance

well i dont think any of my box pokemon can help, can any specific pokemon KO most of gym pokemon?

well i dont think any of my box pokemon can help, can any specific pokemon KO most of gym pokemon?

Μy Tyrantrum did most of the job, some water mons that can survive some grass attacks 1 or 2 Flash Fire mons and you will be great

Edited by Qaaz

so do u know where can i catch some good pokemon because i cant get back to opal ward

Heatproof Bronzongs on route 4 or 3 (Trick Room and Rain Dance I think)

Some Druddigons can help you too

Water mons from the Ametrine, just take what you want

Charlotte is also a lot of luck. In some wierd AI hax my Houndoom with flashfire was the last one standing, with on her side still Rotom, Ninetales, Delphox and Volcarona. Wierd enough they kept using fire type moves, Delphox even used psychic type moves.

Honestly I don't know what happened but after a few fire type attacks I could one shot the last few with flamethrower.

I think the game's AI just derps from time to time, so you can also just get lucky :)

So I'm havign some trouble with Aya's poison double battle gym, maily with her dragalge.

Team:

1. Charizard(45)(Blaze)(Flying Plate): Wing Attack, Flame Burst, Cut, Dragon Rage

2. Dusclops(43)(Pressure): Shadow Sneak, Will-o-wisp, Persuit, Rock Smash

3. Quagsire(41)(Damp): Earthquake, Yawn, Amnesia, Slam (Will probably go catch another one from island, or search for ability capsule)

4. Solrock(40)(Levitate): Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Psychic, Cosmic Power

5. Magneton(41)(Sturdy): Charge Beam, Flash Cannon, Magnet Bomb, Metal Sound

6. Machamp(43)(No Guard): Wake Up Slap, Strength, Dual Chop, Bulk Up

Backups:

7. Barbaracle(44)(Tough Claws): Clamp, Rock Smash, Fury Cutter, Night Slash

8. Emolga(45)(Static): Acrobatics, Volt Switch, Persuit, Shock Wave

9. Arbok(44)(Intimidate): Glare, Acid Spray, Crunch, Stockpile (Kind of regret not teaching it mud bomb...)

I have a few other pokes in my box but i dont think any of them will be that usefull at this gym. Do you guys have any strategy tips or know of any pokemon that I can catch before and that could be helpfull? The only one I can think of is swinub from the cave by the power plant, which I am thinking to do since it will know ice shard which could help finish off dragalge, and also another earthquake user for the double battle could be handy.

With this team I would try this:

Send out quagsire and Emolga out first, Earthquake and volt switch on Tentacruel. It should take those out immediately.

for Dragalge use Solrock(train it up a bit) it should outspeed it with a psychic, and maybe if Dusclops can handle a shadow ball or two let it deal with Gengar.

Drapion's only weakness is ground, an earthquake should take it out 1 hit, and I forgot what her last one was but also try using psychic or ground on it.

Woot, managed to beat her, I also subbed in magneton, which helped out a bunch, but leading with emolga and quagsire gave me a good start to the fight, then magneton got to throw discharges around left and right while quagsire just spammed yawn and amnesia.

Thanks for the advice, onward i go!

Hello, I'm new here in the forum

someone could point me good Pokemon to challenge Noel, currently have: Delphox, Aromatisse, Toxycroak, Pansage, Emolga, Lunatone. But I can not beat him.

I have a shiny Magcargo to change if anyone is interested

People saying Samson is one of the easiest leaders are insane.

The guy demolished me and I couldn't even beat his second pokemon. Isn't acrobatics supposed to get a boost? It doesn't mention it during battle.

Nah, I don't think it gets a boost, it's just guaranteed to have 110 base power regardless of whether an item is held.

Hello, I'm new here in the forumsomeone could point me good Pokemon to challenge Noel, currently have: Delphox, Aromatisse, Toxycroak, Pansage, Emolga, Lunatone. But I can not beat him.I have a shiny Magcargo to change if anyone is interested

Try to catch a Drillbur and evolve it. Oh! and some Fire type pokemon can make use of the field

People saying Samson is one of the easiest leaders are insane.

The guy demolished me and I couldn't even beat his second pokemon. Isn't acrobatics supposed to get a boost? It doesn't mention it during battle.

Depends on the team. For me my only problem was Hariyama that I need to One Shot it to unless it can rape my whole team so I just train more for that purpose