Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

Route 4 has the occasional high level bronzong which gives a fair amount of exp (and may also have the heatproof ability if you want to use it). Another good training location might be the cave system path that leads up to that city.

The way that I beat Charlotte was by using my flash fire Heatmor to just out fire her.

having one Flash Fire is amazing in that battle, yes.

What I did was lead with Flash Fire Chandelure and a complete sacrifice pokemon, set up trick room with chandelure and switched in azumarill after the sacrifice dies on turn one.

Fight was pretty easy after that, considering all her pokemon have high speed. You may not have azumarill or trick room chandelure, but similar strategies can work with other pokemon too

• Upvote 1

after defeating samson my pokemon levels are between 57- 62.

do i have to grind? or can i play the story and level up to level 67 until the next gym leader?

I don't think this is the most suitable thread to ask your question - but yes I do recommend grinding for the next gym leader. You'll be partnered up once you progress with the story a bit more - and I recommend using that opportunity to grind. It's incredibly efficient because you will be automatically healed.

Doing an Ash Run and I am getting demolished by Aya and her Sludge Wave.

My Team (level 42-44)

Pikachu (Static)

Thunderbolt

Nuzzle

Slam

Nasty Plot

Charizard (Solar Power)

Wing Attack

Flame Burst

Scary Face

Dragon Rage

Kingler (Sheer Force)

Crabhammer

Brine

Metal Claw

Stomp

Leavanny (Overcoat)

X-Scissors

Leaf Blade

Fell Stinger

Cut

Donphan (Sand Veil)

Magnitude

Slam

Natural Gift

Endure

Muk (Poison Touch)

Gunk Shot

Sludge Wave

Screech

Rock Smash

Doing an Ash Run and I am getting demolished by Aya and her Sludge Wave.

My Team (level 42-44)

Pikachu (Static)

Thunderbolt

Nuzzle

Slam

Nasty Plot

Charizard (Solar Power)

Wing Attack

Flame Burst

Scary Face

Dragon Rage

Kingler (Sheer Force)

Crabhammer

Brine

Metal Claw

Stomp

Leavanny (Overcoat)

X-Scissors

Leaf Blade

Fell Stinger

Cut

Donphan (Sand Veil)

Magnitude

Slam

Natural Gift

Endure

Muk (Poison Touch)

Gunk Shot

Sludge Wave

Screech

Rock Smash

If Ash had to Scrafty I recommend for His Gengar, but is not possible... GG Ash <_< Anyway I can recommend something risky ... I think Reborn not implemented at all the thematic level of ORAS so ... if Donphan have a level 46 could learn earthquake ... (you know which is the risk) Or use a Noctowl too ...

Edited by Sr.F

if you have episode 14 donphan learns earthquake at lvl 43 teach it that keep a few revives or cotton candies and earthquake all of them to death with charizard as the partner charizard could probally take care of gengar with flame burst also i think you can get palpitoad to he will be good here im not sure what else of ashs pokemon you can get right now but donphan can probally take care of most of her team

tip : get rid of that tentacruel first he will make you regret leaving him alive

Edited by NovaKnight

I'm having trouble with Aya and her Sludge Wave shennanigans

[Vulpix] | [45]
[None]
[Dought]
[Lax]
- Will-O-Wisp (Only reason I could beat Kiki/Victoria...)
- Hex
- Extrasensory
- Flamethrower
[Luxray] | [46]
[None]
[Guts]
[Careful]
- Thunder Fang
- Roar
- Spark
- Crunch
[sharpedo] | [32]
[None]
[speed Boost]
[Adamant]
- Slash
- Aqua Jet
- Assurance
- Ice Fang
[Chestnaught] | [45]
[None]
[Overgrow]
[Rash]
- Spiky Shield
- Rock Smash
- Seed Bomb
- Rollout
[Noibat] | [42]
[None]
[infiltrator]
[Lax]
- Shadow Ball
- Air Cutter
- Tailwind
- Cut
[Hariyama] | [46]
[None]
[sheer Force]
[Quirky]
- Strength
- Knock Off (Screw Fern's Leftovers)
- Close Combat
- Vital Throw
I got a lvl 17 klink... In hindsight I should've trained him more. This has been the only gym I can't Brute my way through, because my MVPS (Hari and Vulpix) Either don't do damage, or die to quickly.

14 super potions, 9 antidotes, 2 Parlyz Heal, 1 revive, 10 common candy.

You can evolve the Noibat and use some Common Candies for the level cap

maybe u can evolve Vulpix too (not sure if u want some move or something, try to get some Fire Stone from mining)

Some moves that someone else can help you more than me right now is for sure something

And maybe Klink if u evolve it and grind it

• 2 weeks later...

Right now I pretty much lose to all the gym leaders. Right now I'm stuck against Terra and can't beat her. Here's my party:

Alakazam: 195 SpA 205 Speed level 69

Moves:

Psychic

Calm Mind

Recover

Shadow Ball

Blaziken: 233 Attack 124 Speed level 68

Ability: Speed Boost

Moves:

Blaze Kick

Flare Blitz

Sky Uppercut

Double Kick (Accidentally got rid of bulk up)

Gyarados: Level 68

Dragon Dance

Ice Fang

Aqua Tail

Surf

Scrafty: Level 68

Brick Break

High Jump Kick

Crunch

Strength

Ampharos: Level 69, Modest

Discharge

Confuse Ray

Power Gem

Dragon Pulse

Excadrill: Level 68

Rock Slide

Earthquake

Dig

Rock Smash

Any suggestions?

Right now I pretty much lose to all the gym leaders. Right now I'm stuck against Terra and can't beat her. Here's my party:

Alakazam: 195 SpA 205 Speed level 69

Moves:

Psychic

Calm Mind

Recover

Shadow Ball

Blaziken: 233 Attack 124 Speed level 68

Ability: Speed Boost

Moves:

Blaze Kick

Flare Blitz

Sky Uppercut

Double Kick (Accidentally got rid of bulk up)

Gyarados: Level 68

Dragon Dance

Ice Fang

Aqua Tail

Surf

Scrafty: Level 68

Brick Break

High Jump Kick

Crunch

Strength

Ampharos: Level 69, Modest

Discharge

Confuse Ray

Power Gem

Dragon Pulse

Excadrill: Level 68

Rock Slide

Earthquake

Dig

Rock Smash

Any suggestions?

Hmmm. your team looks good overall. Maybe replace Alakazam with something more effective if it isn't working out for you? Where exactly is the difficulty? Maybe levelling up a bit would help.

Terra is Ground type, right?

You have 3 Pokemon that are weak to ground type moves, and literally 0 super effective moves against ground types.

Although I'm not familiar with Terra's Team, you could try and focus on the secondary types of her Pokemon, like Rock and Steel with fighting moves.

Perhaps temporarily replace Ampharos for this gym as it will probably get a 1hko?

I would replace scrafty and alakazam with azumarill and something that has a grass attack (for quagsire), ampharos too for maybe a kingdra. Also level them all up to at least lvl70, I would go till 73-4. Why doesn't your blaziken have high jump kick?

Edited by LittleDevilex

Please, DON'T get rid of alakazam. The glitch field makes its psychic attacks totally OP. Set up one calm mind and give it one X Speed and even garchomp won't manage to kill it.

Then try that, after 3 calm minds my lvl72, 252 EV spa, 26 IV spa, calm nature Alakazam did not manage to one hit garchomp and then got ko-d by it. With one calm mind you wont even get past excadrill.

Edited by LittleDevilex

Then try that, after 3 calm minds my lvl72, 252 EV spa, 26 IV spa, calm nature Alakazam did not manage to one hit garchomp and then got ko-d by it. With one calm mind you wont even get past excadrill.

Whoa whoa whoa calm down girl, you sound rude. I might have exaggerated a little about the garchomp, but my point it that it shouldn't be discarded while fighting terra, since field still favors it. Can't say the same about his ampharos though. Perhaps dewgong/walrein could help the guy out?