Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

I do like that you're trying to use Walrein w/ Blizzard to get rid of the field, something different for once. However, you would have to set up Rain in order to get in safely.

Anyways, remove Leafeon for now and replace it with any mon that can learn Rain Dance naturally, like Bronzong and Lumineon (preferabbly Bronzong w/ Heatproof). Once you get the rain set up, you should be able to beat Charlotte.

Just with your team, you can probably craft a successful strategy, though it'll require trial and error. Charlotte has a lot of specially offensive Pokemon, so Alakazam might be able to CM up and sweep. The problem is that you have to get rid of her lead Darmanitan, which I'm 99% sure has a Choice Scarf. Her Typhlosion also likes to fire off Eruption, which does a ton of damage and transforms the field into a burning field.

Doesn´t she start off with Typhlosion and Ninetails instead of Darmantian? At least in episode 13 it was like this. Didn´t even have one. Not sure if Ame changed it.

Getting a Pokemon with Rain Dance would be helpful as it would in combination with Sunny Day create the Rainbow field although Hidden Power could still hurt you. If you have a fast Pokemon (or one with Prankster) and you have the Rain Dance TM, I would use it.

Edited by Yazmat

Thanks for help.I have E13(cant download E14 for a while,as I am in holydays and have only my slow phone internet)and she leads with typlosion and ninetaills.I dont have the rain dance tm and dont know if I can return to reborn city.I will try caught a bronzong and teach it rain dance by move releaner.Azumaril can also learn rain dance,but I have only 1 heart scale and dont want to remove its move yet(Will be rain dance be usefull later?)

Edited by rew_s11

Well I'm back with a new team against Charlotte. Not sure what to do against her. And I do have Rain Dance TM.

Charizard: Lv 70 (Timid) [blaze]

Flamethrower

Air Slash

Scary Face

Rock Smash

Dragalage: LV 70 (Gentle) [Adaptability]

Toxic

Sludge Bomb

Surf

Dragon Pulse

Gardevoir: LV 69 (Modest) [Telepathy]

Calm Mind

Hypnosis

Moonblast

Psychic

Luxray: LV 69 (Hardy) [intimidate]

Charge

Discharge

Spark

Crunch

Swampert: LV 69 (Careful) [Torrent]

Earthquake

Brick Break

Hammer Arm

Dive

Pangoro: LV69 (Impish) [iron Fist]

Crunch

Sky Uppercut

Body Slam

Strength

If you want, you can teach Rain Dance onto Gardevoir and try to see if it can set up the Rain quick enough. Otherwise, try to pick up Bronzong or Lumineon to set it up.

Once you have the rain set up, Swampert should be able to EQ all day until the second Ninetales comes up, where you just repeat the process of setting it up.

On the poison gym. My team:

Hariyama lv 31:

• Belly Drum
  • Fake Out
  • Force Palm
  • Knock Off

Frogadier lv 28:

• Water Pulse
  • Fling
  • Round
  • Quick Attack

Stunky lv 29:

• Toxic
  • Slash
  • Screech
  • Fury Swipes

Vulpix lv 23:

• Fire Spin
  • Confuse Ray
  • Feint Attack
  • Quick Attack

Diggersby lv 26:

• Double Kick
  • Take Down
  • Mud Shot
  • Mud Slap

Phanphy lv 20:

• Rollout
  • Defence Curl
  • Flail
  • Natural Gift

I know I need a bit of leveling, but I wanted input. Crobat won't let me belly drum sweep like the second gym (I literally got hit once, it was glorious), and entry hazards are killer.

Other than the leveling issue, you have some mons that can do well in this gym.

I would recommend picking up Noctowl, Teddiursa,Emolga, Electrike, Pachirisu, Helioptile, and Trapinch (if you're willing to pick it up). Other than that, remember the Corrosive Mist Field can be terminated with moves like Gust, Whirlwind, etc.

I know I need a bit of leveling, but I wanted input. Crobat won't let me belly drum sweep like the second gym (I literally got hit once, it was glorious), and entry hazards are killer.

If you didn't rescue all of the police officers, there will only be a corrosive field, and you can Belly Drum sweep with maybe a couple of X Speeds. If you did rescue all of the police officers, there will be a corrosive mist field, which is going to make setting up difficult.

hello hello i just start the game and im with the battle against noel outside the house and well dont know wtf im doing wrong but he have kick my back at least 25 times im tired, im angry and ready to destroy my computer T_T i have the team im using and the rotation

Arcanine (Lonely) 53

Bite

Extreme Speed

Flame Burst

Rock Smash

Crobat (Hasty) 53

Acrobatics

Confuse Ray

Venoshock

Bite

Mismagius (Timid) 54

Confuse Ray

Psybeam

Shadow ball

Perish Song

Infernape (Gentle) 55

Close combat

Torment

Flame Wheel

Anpharos (Naive) 53

Confuse Ray

Strenght

Discharge

Power gem

Gardevoir (Bold) 54

Shadow Ball

Charge beam

Psychich

Draining kiss

My rotation team is low level right now becouse my current team have beat 2 gyms in a row (of course at first I lost 2 times not much)

Murkrow (Calm) 43

Night shade

Assurance

Mean look

Wing attack

Leaveanny (bashfull) 43

Leaf Blade

X-Scissor

Nature power

Cut

Edited by latinrazor

Welcome to the forums latin. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Noel, as he is known to be one of the tougher Leaders that people have faced.

Looking at your team, you seem to lack the Fighting type move presence, as only Infernape has Close Combat (excluding Arcanine w/ Rock Smash).

Anyways, I believe Noel's team is composed of Cincinno, Swellow, Porygon-Z, Wigglytuff, Girafarig, and Clefable. Being said, your team needs to have certain types to counter those mons: Fighting, Electric, Steel, and Poison.

Good fighting type mons you can use would be Machamp, Scrafty, Hariyama, and Medicham. Your Ampharos should be able to take on Swellow so I won't suggest any. Steel types you can use would be Klingklang, Magneton, Durant, and Escavalier. Poison types you can use would be Weezing, Garbodor, Muk, Crobat, and Scolipede.

The removal of Staraptor from his team makes things easier imo so you shouldn't have that much trouble after picking up some of these mons and replacing them with the ones you feel aren't doing much. Good luck.

EDIT: If you need to know where some of these mons are located at, check out Sky's Pokemon Location Guide V2 and Notus's Reborn EV Training Guide if you need to see the encounter rates/time of day for the mon you're looking for. Also, if you are interested in some breeding for a better team later on in the game, check out Etesian's Breeding Guide / Recommendable Sets.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

@latinrazor

I chose Chimchar as my starter too! Noel wasn't much of a problem for me, I lost to him maybe 3 or 4 times. Which is a normal standard for Reborn. XD I have heard than Noel has been getting nerfed during the most recent episode releases. So I don't know what his team is. I would assume he still has Swellow, Cincicino and Clefable.

Lead with Infernape. It can outspeed and ko his Cinccino, if he still leads with it. ;-; Forgive me I only have 1 playthrough of the game

Ampharos can take care of Swellow, but a Facade from that thing will hurt.

As for Clefable, even though it is a Fairy type now A steel type would go to work on his team in general, so I recommend catching a Magnemite in Shade's Gym and evolving it into Magneton. You can evolve it into Magnezone when you beat Noel rip.

thanks for the help in this moment im following Derpy Simon guides for breeding my current team it seems that they IV are trash and for ehat i can see in this game every adventage need to be used sonikku i dont start with with infernape i start with arcanine rock smash maybe is weak compare to every other attack but his super effective nature made it so that noel spend every one of his goddamn potion in his first pokemon after that using a extreme speed close the deal but the nightmare is his goddamn swellow dont want to know how freaking strong is going to be when evolution to staraptor and learn brave bird.

Of the 25 times i have battle only 6 i have kill swellow is to damn fast T_T so yeah i need to breed now my ampharos so that it can have much more speed then maybe im going to leave electro ball this a powerfull move but with the speed of my ampharos yeah not much really

thanks for the tips guys i capture and train a kling and scraggy with infernape and ampharos they demolished noel thank god for the miracle anyone know when ame is going to integrated feebas? i love milotic not only for the apparience but that it can learn dragon type moves that made it really strong with the right move set

Edited by latinrazor

Glad to hear that you beat Noel and haha, sounds like you and Eagleby18 will get along with your love for Milotic.

Um, Milotic probably won't be implemented for awhile unfortunately. If you're in need of a mon that you can use Dragon type moves, create a new thread for that instead of posting in this one so I/others can give you some options.

Hey there! I'm doing a Ground-type monotype run, and I'm having a little trouble with Kiki. She outspeeds all my pokemon, and I haven't even managed to get past her Machamp. If you don't mind, do you think you could give me some recommendations for my team?

Dugtrio (Rash) Lv. 37

Sand Tomb

Magnitude

Earth Power

Sucker Punch

Wormadam (Gentle) Lv. 37

Psybeam

Bug Bite

Protect

Rock Blast

Stunfisk (Sassy) Lv. 37

Bounce

Mud Bomb

Discharge

Endure

Vivraba (Timid) Lv. 37

Earthquake

Sandstorm

Rock Slide

Dig

Torterra (Rash) Lv. 40

Bite

Earthquake

Razor Leaf

Synthesis

Camerupt (Calm) Lv. 39

Lava Plume

Rock Slide

Earth Power

Flame Burst

Any help I could get would be appreciated!

Hey there! I'm doing a Ground-type monotype run, and I'm having a little trouble with Kiki. She outspeeds all my pokemon, and I haven't even managed to get past her Machamp. If you don't mind, do you think you could give me some recommendations for my team?

Dugtrio (Rash) Lv. 37

Sand Tomb

Magnitude

Earth Power

Sucker Punch

Wormadam (Gentle) Lv. 37

Psybeam

Bug Bite

Protect

Rock Blast

Stunfisk (Sassy) Lv. 37

Bounce

Mud Bomb

Discharge

Endure

Vivraba (Timid) Lv. 37

Earthquake

Sandstorm

Rock Slide

Dig

Torterra (Rash) Lv. 40

Bite

Earthquake

Razor Leaf

Synthesis

Camerupt (Calm) Lv. 39

Lava Plume

Rock Slide

Earth Power

Flame Burst

Any help I could get would be appreciated!

Try leveling up your pokemons up to lvl 40 at the pyrous mountain. Might help you out.

Ah, and I also suggest you to ditch that dugtrio and catch a sandshrew. Sandslash has a high defense, which is useful in this gym.

Edited by Knight_Teutonic

Your Torterra should run Curse and Leech Seed, so remedy that at the next opportunity. The move tutor isn't available until halfway between Aya and Serra, but you could at least de-level Torterra to L33 for Leech Seed and then relearn Curse later.

I forgot what Kiki leads with, but as long as it's a physical Pokemon without Ice Punch, Torterra could set up with Curse to +3 or +4 and then sweep with Earthquake.

Something else that you can try for now is to grind Vibrava up to L45 and evolve it into Flygon, then boost it up with X items and sweep. Again, watch out for Ice Punch if Kiki's lead carries it. Unfortunately, your Vibrava has a pretty terrible nature.

• Upvote 1

Your Torterra should run Curse and Leech Seed, so remedy that at the next opportunity. The move tutor isn't available until halfway between Aya and Serra, but you could at least de-level Torterra to L33 for Leech Seed and then relearn Curse later.

I forgot what Kiki leads with, but as long as it's a physical Pokemon without Ice Punch, Torterra could set up with Curse to +3 or +4 and then sweep with Earthquake.

Something else that you can try for now is to grind Vibrava up to L45 and evolve it into Flygon, then boost it up with X items and sweep. Again, watch out for Ice Punch if Kiki's lead carries it. Unfortunately, your Vibrava has a pretty terrible nature.

just correcting, eq is a sp attack or from I at least remember,.