Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

@Rin

I would recommend training Kricketot as spamming Fury Cutter can knock out most her pokes once used repeatedly. Another option could be Trubbish who can lay down T. Spikes and just spam Acid Spray as well. However, for the Cradily, a Fighting type like Mankey and Makuhita can take it on pretty well.

Thanks for the help, but what level should I train kricketot to?

Well, you get Fury Cutter for Kricketune at level 10 so that's a must. You should raise it to be around the 20s, but not too high so that it will disobey.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

Up to the Psychic Gym Leader, the obvious Team Fortress 2 fan, Radomus.

My current team is:

Golem (57)

-Smack Down

-Earthquake

-Bulldoze

-Rock Blast

Leavanny (56)

-Bug Bite

-Struggle Bug

-Leaf Storm

-Swords Dance

Dusclops (56) (Can't activate some of the sticker events, so can't get another Link stone)

-Confuse Ray

-Shadow Sneak

-Shadow Punch

-Will-o-wisp

(He's got a pretty high Attack)

Klinklang (55)

-Mirror Shot

-Gear Grind

-Screech

-Gear Shift

Delphox (59)

-Psychoshock

-Psychic

-Mystical Fire

-Flamethrower

Boufallant (56)

-Strength

-Megahorn

-Reversal

-Thrash

I don't have that many other good Pokemon. I've got a level 60 Electrode, but I need this badge before it'll listen, a level 50 Swoobat, a level 52 Pachirisu, and a level 47 Floatzel. Any tips?

Why doesn't your Leavanny have X-Scissor? Better yet go get a Heracross. Just spam Megahorn from that and Bouffalant at anything that moves. Flamethrower for the Metagross, gear grind for the Gardevoir, just stop him from getting trick room up and you should be fine.

I think you should find a heart scale and make Leavanny relearn X-Scissor. Leavanny is quite fast compared to Radomus's pokemon, and can beat up a lot of them. Also Dusclops should be able to hurt Alakazam, and hopefully if your Golem has sturdy, it can clean up with Earthquake.

Boufallant and Leavanny will do alot this battle, so make sure you keep them up for the majority of the Psychic types. For Metagross, Dusclops can hopefully take it on and Klingklang for G. Gardevoir.

Mons I recommend to use for this gym would be Escavalier and Drapion.

EDIT: I just noticed the X-Scissor thing as well xD

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

It's midnight here, so I'll search for it tomorrow. I suppose I'll get my chance some other day.

I'd actually say you get a new one. If you prevent Sewaddle from evolving into Swadloon until level 31, it gets Stick Web, a great move in general (well, not really for Radomus). It could also use X-Scissor and Leaf Blade since it's special attack stat is really nothing to write home about. It'd be easier to just retrain it than to find and use 2 Heart Scales, IMO.

help with shelly?? even though I have a fire starter I'm having a really hard time, I'm in need of some advice. Also what would be a good area to level grind for right now?

current party:

Noibat lvl 26

Air Cutter

Wing Attack

Bite

Gust

Meowstic lvl 32

Disarming Voice

Psyshock

Psybeam

Confusion

Ponyta lvl 25

Flame Wheel

Stomp

Flame Charge

Fire Spin

Quilava lvl 32

Flame Wheel

Quick Attack

SmokeScreen

Ember

Hariyama lvl 34

Force Palm

Rock Smash

Arm Thrust

Vital Throw

Pachirisu lvl 28

Electro Ball

Charge Beam

Quick Attack

Cut

any help/advice would be really appreciated :>

As far as I remember, the annoying pokes I had to deal with Shelly were her Yanmega and Volbeat.

Anyways, level up some of your mons to the 30s, maybe try to catch a Geodude/Graveler or maybe grab Emolga/Litleo for this badge. Be wary of the Anorith spamming Rock Slide, Heather the Yanmega, and Bugsy the Volbeat.

EDIT: Forgot to say Hariyama, Meowstic, and Noibat won't be doing that much this battle probably.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon
  • Upvote 1

ok i have faced shade alot and i mean alot and i need some serious helpmy pokemone team is

Hariyama lvl 28

none

guts

navie nature

fakeout

whirlwind

knock off

smelling salt

Blaziken lvl 39

none

speed bost

quiet nature

blaze kick

double kick

peck

ember

Noibat lvl 30

none

frisk

quiet nature

gust

roost air cutter

leech life

Gothorita lvl 36

none

shadow tag

quiet nature

future sight

flatter

feint attack

psyshock

Growlithe lvl 31

none

justified

quiet nature

fire fang

flame burst

flame wheel

reversal

Yamask lvl 32

none

mummy

modest nature

hex

will-o-wisp

ominous wind

curse

please tell me what pokemon i should get and where i can get them and what level they have to be to stand a chance against shade

ok i have faced shade alot and i mean alot and i need some serious helpmy pokemone team is

Hariyama lvl 28

none

guts

navie nature

fakeout

whirlwind

knock off

smelling salt

See if you can get an ability capsule here, than save before using it on Hariyama and reset until you get thick fat. Train Hariyama up to 37 or so and use it against Chandelure. Knock Off should help you take it out easily enough then.

(Two pictures of where some may be here http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8857&page=5)

Blaziken lvl 39

none

speed bost

quiet nature

blaze kick

double kick

peck

ember

If you have a couple Heart Scales, take it to the move relearned west of the Arcade in Onyx Ward an reteach it Bulk-Up and Flare Blitz, this thing can take any Will-O-Wisps so that won't be a threat. Also with Speed Boost, this thing will come in real handy.

Noibat lvl 30

none

frisk

quiet nature

gust

roost air cutter

leech life

Noibat is kind of bad until it evolves I would recommend swapping it out for another pokemon, possibly a normal type that learns a Dark type move like Lillipup(Stoutland) Learns Crunch at 24, and can be retaught the 3 elemental Fang moves.

Gothorita lvl 36

none

shadow tag

quiet nature

future sight

flatter

feint attack

psyshock

Gothorita/Gothitelle can be a good pokemon, however against Shade, especially before getting shadow ball, it's going to up the creek without a paddle. See about using another pokemon in it's place.

Growlithe lvl 31

none

justified

quiet nature

fire fang

flame burst

flame wheel

reversal

Seeing as you already have Blaziken I might also suggest a water pokemon here since Growlithe is pretty much outclassed by Blaziken in all facets.

Yamask lvl 32

none

mummy

modest nature

hex

will-o-wisp

ominous wind

curse

Yamask is going to struggle against Shade being NFE, slow, and weak to ghost.

please tell me what pokemon i should get and where i can get them and what level they have to be to stand a chance against shade

I remember using my Ursauring that I got from the Teddiursa event for this Gym. Easily beat majority of Shade's mons as the AI being wonky and spamming Lick.

You could try grabbing your hands on a Zorua, which could be a big help. Other mons that I can think of to help would be Mightyena, Cacturne (If you can get it), and Skuntank.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

Warning: you may face palm at my team and ask how i made it this far

Shade

Still got the orphanage to go so my teams levels aren't finally but moves most likely are

Feno the Marshtomp level:33

No held item

Torrent

Careful(useless right now)

Take down(useless)

Growl(useless)

Mud bomb(decent)

Water Gun(decent)

Da Goon the Ambipom level: 36(breeding)

No held item

Skill link

Bashful(useless)

Astonish(decent)

Double hit(useless)

Swift(useless)

Fury swipes(useless)

Xilo the Gothorita level:35(breeding)

No held item

Competitive

Docile(useless)

Charge beam(decent)

Psyshock(good)

Heal block(decent)

Doubleslap(useless)

Dude emo the Hariyama level:34

No held item

Guts

Adamant(amazing)

Fake out(useless)

Smellingsalt(useless)

Knock off(good)

Force palm(useless)

Pokemon in boxes that are worth training/breeding:

Ricky Bobby the Lunatone(training)

No held item

Levitate

Careful(trash)

Rock polish(good)

Psywave(decent)

Embargo(decent)

Rock slide(decent)

Mommy the Diggersby(training)

No held item

Huge power(amazing)

Jolly(amazing)

Mud-slap(decent)

Take down(useless)

Mud shot(decent)

Double kick(useless)

Randy Orton the Ekans(breeding)

No held item

Intimidate(amazing)

Calm(useless)

Bite(good)

Glare(decent)

Screech(decent)

Acid(decent)

Swallow the Swalot(breeding)

No held item

Gluttony(useless)

Modest(amazing)

Rock smash(useless)

Yawn(amazing)

Toxic(decent)

Sludge(decent)

Ruffy the Growlithe(breeding)

No held item

Intimidate(amazing)

Mild(useless)

Oder sleuth(good)

Helping hand(useless)

Flame wheel(decent)

Reversal(useless)

Well, all I can say is that Marshstomp (which you should get to Swampert the god soon) Hariyama, and Ekans would be the only useful mons I can see so far for Shade. Other than that, you can use the mons I suggest before for arision1

I remember using my Ursauring that I got from the Teddiursa event for this Gym. Easily beat majority of Shade's mons as the AI being wonky and spamming Lick.

You could try grabbing your hands on a Zorua, which could be a big help. Other mons that I can think of to help would be Mightyena, Cacturne (If you can get it), Skuntank, and Drapion.

Pokemon Location Guide V2 & Reborn EV Training Guide will be helpful in finding those mons if you're willing to get them.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

Would someone please please help me with Shelly? I have been stuck at her gym for 5 days now and she keeps murdering my team no matter what I do. I feel like I have tried absolutely everything and spent hours training different Pokemon, to no avail.

These are the Pokemon I have trained and tried against her so far;

Delphox lv. 35
Noibat lv.35
Swirlix lv.35
Pyroar lv. 35
Graveler lv.35
Drifblim lv.35
Klink lv.35
Roselia lv.35
Kricketune lv.35

Your team looks pretty good for this gym. I would recommend picking up Emolga so it can help with some of the Bug and Flying/Water mons. Other than that, try leading out with Klink (spam Charge Beam) and Driblim (spam Gust).

For the mons that generally give trouble, aka Heather the Yanmega and Bugsy the Volbeat, your Graveler and Pyroar should be able to take them on pretty well. Delphox can also be used to clean up, as well as Noibat.

• Upvote 1

shelly was easy for me i only hade to use a lvl30 growlithe with flame burst wiped out her pokemon real good

and i did waht you guys sugested and changed out my team a bit but i have kept balzeiken hariyama and gothorita (cause shes is in training) and i but 2 new pokemon in

Floatzel lvl 29

splash plate

swift swim

bashful nature

water gun

pursuit

double hit

aqua jet

Zorua lvl 25

none

illusion

brave nature

fury swipes

feint attack

scary face

taunt

and the last spot is open because i want to know if one of these pokemon should take its place Zangoose lvl 40, Croagunk lvl 28, beartic lvl 42, phanphy lvl 32, or geodude lvl 26 or if you guys now any stronger pokemon that would help me beat shade tell me

The best mon would be Croagunk if you're willing to train it up so it can get Sucker Punch and evolve it into Toxicroak. Other than that, Phanphy would be the second best option if you evolve it into Donphan and have it spam Knock Off.

Your team looks pretty good for this gym. I would recommend picking up Emolga so it can help with some of the Bug and Flying/Water mons. Other than that, try leading out with Klink (spam Charge Beam) and Driblim (spam Gust).

For the mons that generally give trouble, aka Heather the Yanmega and Bugsy the Volbeat, your Graveler and Pyroar should be able to take them on pretty well. Delphox can also be used to clean up, as well as Noibat.

Thank you so much for your advice. Emolga made quite a difference with Agility, never thought to use her for this gym.

Edited by Pinch of Ginger

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD help me with Shade.

I've battled him so many times I've lost count.

I started at ep #13, so I'm unsure as to what would be good to catch and where? Also some good training areas? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Meowstic (lvl. 36)

Disarming Voice

Psyshock

Psybeam

Confusion

Noibat (lvl. 30)

Air Cutter

Wing Attack

Bite

Roost

Cofagrigus (lvl. 34)

Hex