Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

Why was his ability not Speed Boost in the first place!? Blaziken with Hi Jump Kick from the move relearner on that field can OHKO every member of his team with ease.

@ The guy who said he can't access the game corner:

Yes you can. Just exit back through Agate circus. You automatically skip the sleeping city.

Some people don't realize hidden abilities are a thing the first time they play the game and don't even think to soft reset for it. Yeah the initiation of EP12 and EP13, talking to Terra and Titania respectively, prohibits you from returning until beating the leader of that Episode.

You can't get back until after you beat Charlotte, unless you do it after you beat Samson but before you talk to Titania.

Also, HJK won't OHKO Hawlucha but he's got brave bird so eh.

Yeah. I think that was the only time I didn't use HJK. Tbh, I think that Samsons field hurts him more than helps him, especially with all the flying boosts there.

Yeah grinding more sounds like a plan. Do you possibly have a Ability Capsule so you can change Blaziken's ability to Speed Boost? I would send Venomoth out against Conekeldurr. If Conkeldurr doesn't have a Dark Move, I'd use Cofagrigus out against him, but be weary there's a chance he could have guts so Burn at discretion.

Pokemon that maybe could stand to be swapped out are Fearow and Camerupt. Maybe train up Seaking in replace for Camerupt? Hawlucha or Rufflet might be good choices to add to your team. I'd lean Hawlucha since it resists fighting where as Braviary is neutral damage.

Meh, ive tried the AC thingy and i have yet to see it change to speed boost. :(

Venomoth Usually croaks before i get to coney, and cofagrigus gets OTK the minute he hits the field :(

Fearow has actually been the sweeper...surprisingly Could try to seakingcamerupt swap

Samson's Conkeldurr definitely has guts. Outside of that, you might want to put sleep powder on your Venomoth. Honestly if you swap out poison fang for sleep powder then Venomoth can probably sweep his whole team.

Um..........ill see what i can find. Might not have the option of getting it at this point....

Venomoth will definitely do work if you give it Sleep Powder. Quiver Dance sharply raises its three stats on the Big Top field, so after two boosts you can fairly safely wreck everything he has.

he keeps dying tho :L

Edited by Red_Chaos

Meh, ive tried the AC thingy and i have yet to see it change to speed boost. :(

Venomoth Usually croaks before i get to coney, and cofagrigus gets OTK the minute he hits the field :(

Fearow has actually been the sweeper...surprisingly Could try to seakingcamerupt swap

Um..........ill see what i can find. Might not have the option of getting it at this point....

he keeps dying tho :L

Just save before you use it and soft reset, it will get speed boost one of those times.

Venomoth needs to be grinded a bit and it can set up if you send it in at the right time. I still think Hawlucha is your best bet here.

This isn't exactly a gym leader though it is a boss so I'm asking anyway! ;)

It's the double battle you Vs. Zel and Taka in the Beryl Ward by the PULSE.

--Your current team--
[Frogadier] | [25]
[Hold Item: none]
[Ability: Protean]
[Nature: Hasty]
- Water Pulse
- Round
- Lick
- Grass Knot

[Trapinch] | [25]
[Ability: Arena Trap]
[Nature: Adamant]
- Bulldoze
- Feint Attack

- Rock Slide
- Mud-Slap

[Gloom] | [25]
[Ability: Stench]
[Nature: Hasty]
- Acid
- Poison Powder
- Mega Drain
- Sleep Powder

[Kirlia] | [24]
[Ability: Synchronize]
[Nature: Modest]
- Confusion
- Charge Beam
- Magical Leaf
- Double Team

[Growlithe] | [24]
[Ability: Justified]
[Nature: Mild]
- Fire Fang
- Take Down
- Reversal
- Odor Sleuth

[Panpour] | [10]
[Hold Item: None]
[Ability: Gluttony]
[Nature: Quirky]
- Cut
- Lick
- Leer
- Water gun

(Need for Cut)

----
--Other Pokemon you have in your PC--
[swirlix] | [24]

----
Additional useful info such as money available, items you currently may have if they're relevant etc.
2x Super Potions

9x Potions

5x Every Status Healing Item

Zel's Pokes:

1 Glaceon

2 Espeon

3 Umbreon

Taka's Pokes

1 Lilep

2 Tangrowth (Mega)

3 Chatot

Welp, got any ideas guys?

Edited by EXLink32

I need help with noel

Team

Swampert lv 52

Mud bomb

Strength

Mud shot

Muddy water

Ninetails lv54

Will o wisp

Hex

Flamethrower

Extrasensory

Hariama lv 48

Vital throw

Force palm

Fake out

Smelling salts

Drapion lv 48

Venoshock

Toxic spikes

Night slash

Hone claws

Escaliver lv49. Insect plate

Iron head

X-scissor

False swipe

Slash

Noctowl lv 48. Mentronome

Air slash

Zen headbutt

Reflect

Echoed voice

Im also training a cubchoo into a beartic to see if it can learn super power from the move relearner

I also have thses 2 as rotation and ik i have to lv up a couple more lvs but i sill cant get past his 3rd pokemon

Rotation

Donphan lv44

Fury attack

Earthquake

Assurance

Rock smash

Pachirichu lv 43

Cut

Charge beam

Electro ball

Nuzzle

Any help really appricated

I need help with noel

Team

Swampert lv 52

Mud bomb

Strength

Mud shot

Muddy water

Ninetails lv54

Will o wisp

Hex

Flamethrower

Extrasensory

Hariama lv 48

Vital throw

Force palm

Fake out

Smelling salts

Drapion lv 48

Venoshock

Toxic spikes

Night slash

Hone claws

Escaliver lv49. Insect plate

Iron head

X-scissor

False swipe

Slash

Noctowl lv 48. Mentronome

Air slash

Zen headbutt

Reflect

Echoed voice

Im also training a cubchoo into a beartic to see if it can learn super power from the move relearner

I also have thses 2 as rotation and ik i have to lv up a couple more lvs but i sill cant get past his 3rd pokemon

Rotation

Donphan lv44

Fury attack

Earthquake

Assurance

Rock smash

Pachirichu lv 43

Cut

Charge beam

Electro ball

Nuzzle

Any help really appricated

I've never used Escaviler, but If you get SwordDance on it, It pretty much is gg. 2 SDs and sweep.

other thing would be to grind your other pokes up to at least 52. The under levels could be one thing that could be hurting you.

I'm having a hard time getting past Florinia's cradilly? any ideas would help, my current team is:

quilava level 23

flame wheel

ember

quick attack

smokescreen

pachirisu level 20

charge beam

spark

quick attack

cut

espurr level 21

light screen

confusion

psybeam

scratch

noibat level 20

gust

wing attack

bite

agility

thanks!!

I'm having a hard time getting past Florinia's cradilly? any ideas would help, my current team is:

quilava level 23

flame wheel

ember

quick attack

smokescreen

pachirisu level 20

charge beam

spark

quick attack

cut

espurr level 21

light screen

confusion

psybeam

scratch

noibat level 20

gust

wing attack

bite

agility

thanks!!

Fighting types, like Mankey and Makuhita, can take on Florina's Cradily for ya (You can find them in the Obsidia Slums) . Quilava and Noibat should be able to take on the other grass types, and you can use Espurr for Grass/Poison types if there are any.

I haven't faced Florina in a long time so I don't remember exactly :P

Edited by ~Derpy Simon
  • Upvote 3

OK well. First things first. You NEED 6 party members. Then you need to grind them all a bit. Also Noibat is kinda bad, at least until it evolves. But if it works for you then it works for you.

I'd recommend going to the Obsidia slums and catching a Makuhita and training it to level 24 when it evolves into a Hariyama. Cradily will regret the day it crossed paths with you. Pachirisu is kind of out of place against a Grass Gym. I'd also recommend catching a trubbish and starting with Toxic Spikes and then using Acid Spray which sharply lowers the opponents Special Defense each time.

• Upvote 1

Basically, if anyone is struggling with Cradilly, Hariyama is pretty much the ultimate gift. Fake Out + Vital Throw pretty much ends that things life (or at least forces Florinia to Potion spam)

The rest of Flobot's squad is highly susceptible to Fire and Bug type pokemon, of which there is a sizeable variety early game.

So, I can't beat aya. I tried a lot of strategies, even leaving her muk alive and focus on the other pokemons she has.

This is my team:

1.Charizard (45): Dragon Rage, Wing attack, Flame burst, Flare blitz

2.Persian (39): Cut, Slash, Bite, Fake out

3.Panpour (42): Acrobatics, Scald, Brine, Water Gun

4.Graveler (45): Rock Smash, Rollout, Earthquake, Bulldoze

5. Pachirisu (42): Super Fang!, Discharge, Swift, Charm.

6.Sunflora (45): Petal Dance, GrassWhistle, Giga Drain, Leech Seed (I usually don't bring her to battle Aya)

7.Muk (40): Sludge Bomb, Fling, Screech, Sludge wave

8.Meditite (35): Confusion, Calm Mind, Hi Jump kick, Strength

9.Klink (36): Gear grind, Mirror Shot, Charge beam, Autotomize

10, Heatmor (41): Slash, Cut, Flame burst, Bug bite

I started the game at episode 13, so I don't know if I can get abra or other psy pokemons others use

What do you think I can do?

Thank you all

Wassup, you can try to get a Swinub and delay its evolution to 37 for earthquake ,ev train in atk and speed. make sure its lv43-45 by Aya as a Mamoswine. Pair with a flying team and eq her entire team besides Gengar. My Mamoswine murdered her team. Its so op, its not funny. You should train the meditite until it learns a physical psychic move like zen headbutt/ psycho cut. That would help a lot.

Edited by alaneapen
  • Upvote 1

Leech Seed is your friend against Aya and her spam of powerful attacks. My usual strategy is to Leech Seed Muk (I forget if it still spams minimize) along with everything outside of Tentacruel and then take out the other side. Catching a Cubone outside is another solution as you really need the speed to take out that Gengar.

Hmm, I see that Graveler there so you got some decent power to knock majority of her poison types. Meditite can do alot of work once you get it some physical Psychic moves, and alot more if it has Pure Power as its ability. Klink can be used to soak up some of the Poison moves, but be wary of EQ if any mon has it.

Anyways, some Psychic mons that you can use for her are Inkay,Woobat,Munna, Spoink, and Espurr.

Check this thread Pokemon Location Guide V2 and Reborn EV Training Guide if you're up to adding them onto it.

Charizard
[Fire][Flying] | [55]
[blaze]
[Relaxed]
- Flame Burst
- Flamethrower
- Wing Attack
- Dragon Rage

Emolga
[Electr][Flying] | [53]
[Motor Drive]
[impish]
- Volt Switch
- Acrobatics
- Charge Beam
- Discharge

Machamp
[Fight] | [54]
[No Guard]
[impish]
- Cross Chop
- Seismic Toss
- Revenge
- Strength

Magcargo
[Fire][Rock] | [53]
[Flame Body]
[Quirky]
- Rock Slide
- Flame Burst
- Ancient Power
- Lava Plume

Klingklang
[steel] | [53]
[Plus]
[Naughty]
- Mirror Shot
- Charge Beam
- Discharge
- Gear Grind

I just cant Beat noel no matter what. her porygonZ just keeps downloading Spc Atk with its download ability. need any help that can be given. What pokemon should I catch or what. im training a back up team with gothita, teddiursa, Donphan, Houndoom, and Noibat. any help is greatly appreciated.

[Florinia]

Noctowl 25

Hold item None

Ability Insomnia

Nature Naughty

Move 1 confusion

Move 2 peck

Move 3 uproar

Move 4 Hypnosis

------------------------

Sunflora 20

Hold item none

Ability Solar Power

Nature Relaxed

Move 1 Razor leaf

Move 2 worry seed

Move 3 Grass Whistle

Move 4 Mega Drain

--------------------------

Braixen 25

Hold item none

Ability Blaze

Nature Brave

Move 1 Scratch

Move 2 Flame Charge

Move 3 ember

Move 4 Psybeam

------------------------

Pachurisu 24

Hold item Poke ball

Ability Pickup

Nature Calm

Move 1 Cut

Move 2 Endure

Move 3 Charge Beam

Move 4 Charm

--------------------

In PC: Panpour 3

Ledyba 3

Kricketot 9

Swilix 10

-------------

Money: 4153

EDIT: I'm guessing I need more Pokemon on my team but I'm not sure who to use please help!

Edited by Rinthewaluigiworshipper

@Rin

I would recommend training Kricketot as spamming Fury Cutter can knock out most her pokes once used repeatedly. Another option could be Trubbish who can lay down T. Spikes and just spam Acid Spray as well. However, for the Cradily, a Fighting type like Mankey and Makuhita can take it on pretty well.

@Elfy

"Go-to Pokemon for Noel are Cofagrigus, Escavalier and Durant." - Etesian.

Machamp should be able to take on Porygon-Z pretty well as long as you don't let it get a Special Attack Download boost. For Swellow/Staraptor, Klingklang would be your best option, as well as other bulky Steel/Electric types. For the Clefable, I would recommend a mon like Aggron or Excadrill if you don't believe your Klingklang can take it on.

Here's a link if you guys need to find them: Pokemon Location Guide V2 & Reborn EV Training Guide

Good luck to both.

@Rin

I would recommend training Kricketot as spamming Fury Cutter can knock out most her pokes once used repeatedly. Another option could be Trubbish who can lay down T. Spikes and just spam Acid Spray as well. However, for the Cradily, a Fighting type like Mankey and Makuhita can take it on pretty well.

Thanks for the help, but what level should I train kricketot to?

Edited by Rinthewaluigiworshipper