Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

well ashtard what has helped me in the past with shade and im to still stuck on him was blaziken and blaze kick one hits corey then switch out to hariyama and nock off one hits his golem pokemon (forgot its name) i use hariyama and nock off again for the chandelier then hariyama is out then bring in floatzel to finish it off and i get slaghtered by rotom and discharge

Edited by arision1

im stuck on the chess themed gym leader and i have no idea how to eat him, i can get him down to his gardevoir and his squid thing but by that time his team has taken out all my big players, i have ground all different kinds of pokemon for hours to be high enough level to where i can use them in combat and no pokemon team seems to be able to do anything against his gardevoir or his squid thing, the one time i go his gardevoir down to low enough health his squid thing looked at my last two pokemon cross eyed and oneshot them lke they were squishy caterpie this has got me frustrated beyond belief and i cant use the language i want to because of the forums swearing rules, my current pokemon team consists of a level 54 camerupt, alevel 56 emboar a level 56 noivern a level 55 spiritomb a level 55 musharna and a level 55 aggron and a slurpuff gayardos and quagsire all in the 50s range on substitution any recomedations?

@ashtard

I remember using my Ursauring that I got from the Teddiursa event for this Gym. Easily beat majority of Shade's mons as the AI being wonky and spamming Lick.

You could try grabbing your hands on a Zorua, which could be a big help. Other mons that I can think of to help would be Mightyena, Cacturne (If you can get it), Skuntank, and Drapion.

Pokemon Location Guide V2 & Reborn EV Training Guide will be helpful in finding those mons if you're willing to get them.

Try using of any of those mons as they should do well against Shade.

The video is outdated, but should still give a general idea on what to do (P.S. You need to complete the Zangoose Event first I believe). You need to go to the Magma's Gang Alleyway during a windy night, where you'll see a Murkrow on the ground. Talk to it, and it'll turn out to be Zorua who flees. Then, you need to search the other alleyways during a clear morning, interact with any mons that seem "odd". Soon enough, you'll be able to fight and catch the Zorua.

@sgthank

Personally, I would take out Musharna, Camerupt, Emboar for this gym, and replace them with either Heracross/Leavanny/Escavalier/Gyarados/Drapion (If it has Bite and D. Dance) any mon that can spam Bug/Dark type for the majority of the Psychic types. Make sure you keep you're Aggron at a full-decent amount of health so he/she can take on the G. Gardevior.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

Heracross is a very complicated one to get, but it is found in the Aventurine Woods after quite a bit of effort. Sewaddle: Jasper Ward, Malchous Forest, Beryl Ward, Rhodochrine Jungle

You can always check the location guide to find out where to get pokemon.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6802

I'm really getting my money's worth out of Charlotte.

Heliolisk lvl 62

Parabolic Charge

Electro Web

Rain Dance

Charge Beam

Gradervoir lvl 68

Magical Leaf

Psychic

Trick Room

Moonblast

Sharpedo lvl 62

Rock Smash

Surf

Dive

Crunch

Flygon lvl 67

Earth Power

Rock Slide

Dragon Claw

Dig

Charizard lvl 67

Flamethrower

Heat Wave

Wing Attack

Strength

Metagross lvl 67

Miracle Eye

Psychic

Meteor Mash

Hammer Arm

Water types don't work that well on Charlotte, because the field effect + Ninetails drought make them do next to nothing.

Your team is losing because you really need ground type moves. As it stands, once your Flygon is dead, you don't have much to answer with. I basically aced her entire team with Swampert. You just need a sweeper that can out-speed the solarbeams so swampert doesn't die. You can get Mudkip from an in game event, and just about anything that can OHKO and outspeed Ninetails will work. Once you get rid of solarbeam you can just walk all over her with Earthquake. I used Gallade with Close Combat. My Swampert was only lv 61 as well.

If you don't want to change your team up, I've been told you can chain bread Earthquake onto Flygon, but I've never done it myself. Unfortunately, you're probably going to have to train up another pokemon, because you don't have much to counter fire types.

Unfortunately, Smoke can't go back to Reborn City until he beats Charlotte.

Anyways, I recommend that you pick up mons like Rhydon, Graveler (Evolve to Golem if you can), and Piloswine. if you need them. Try to get your Heliolisk to set up before Charlotte is able to (You can give a Quick Claw to it and reset until Heliolisk goes first) and keep it alive until the second Ninetales appears. Other than that, Flygon can spam Earth Power/Rock Slide and the mons I suggested above can do alot of work as well.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

okay if you want to get rid of that field effect go back to the cave where that massive ice stone is in your way catch a spheal or seal (preferably spheal) evolve it to its maximum evolution and level it as much as you can ENSURE IT HAS BLIZZARD put your tankiest poke first then place your spheal/seal in the 2nd slot on its very first turn use blizzard on it , it will destroy the field effect and mean ninetails solarbeam will need to charge first giving you 2 turns to take it down before it destroys one of your poke's this is where you if you have em water poke's come into their own you can take her party out with surf with a good support just watch out for her 2nd ninetails its lv 74 and can be a real menace. take a couple cotton candies from the agate circus they can be handy in this battle well good luck

Smoke, I might have further advice : if you have access to Ability Capsules, get yourself a Golduck. Use the Capsule and soft reset until you get Cloud Nine as ability. Cloud Nine negates the effects of weather. Level up Sharpedo and Golduck to level 70, and teach Rain Dance to Golduck.

Turn 1 : Send out Sharpedo and Golduck. Being water pokemon, the AI will compel Typhlosion and Ninetales to use solar Beam, but Cloud Nine will ensure that it takes a turn to gather sunlight. Use Rain Dance with Golduck, Rainbow field that energises normal attacks. Use surf with your Sharpedo.

Turn 2 : Both foe pokemons will use Solar Beam. You should be able to survive, and use surf using both Golduck and Sharpedo.

Hope this might help.

I'm really getting my money's worth out of Charlotte.

Heliolisk lvl 62

Parabolic Charge

Electro Web

Rain Dance

Charge Beam

Gradervoir lvl 68

Magical Leaf

Psychic

Trick Room

Moonblast

Sharpedo lvl 62

Rock Smash

Surf

Dive

Crunch

Flygon lvl 67

Earth Power

Rock Slide

Dragon Claw

Dig

Charizard lvl 67

Flamethrower

Heat Wave

Wing Attack

Strength

Metagross lvl 67

Miracle Eye

Psychic

Meteor Mash

Hammer Arm

erm you have a flygon and a flying, stick bulldoze on flygon and smash her team it may help if you grind a bit more also, i'd say get rid of earth power unless im missing somthing it wont hit both targets as bulldoze dose. and you have rockslide for volcarona.

to be honest i think its the levels of your team

Edited by sandy

I am also having a hell of a time with Charlotte. I've already trained up a swampert from 5-67, but just can't get it to stay out long enough even if I bring down the weather. It has poor speed/def/spdef evs and ivs and just gets wrecked quickly by everything on her team.

Was hoping to run a trick room setup with prankster but unfortunately I beat Radomus before he gave out that TM, so I don't have it. Is there any way to get it if you didn't obtain it after that battle?

I've also had to heal in Calcenon so unfortunately teleporting back to Reborn city isn't possible anymore. I did that once while in the circus to pick up an ability capsule for Blaziken. Current team:

Swampert, Damp, 67

Brick Break

Rain Dance

Surf

Earthquake

Mamoswine, Oblivious, 63

Blizzard

Earthquake

Ice Shard

Thrash

Blaziken, Speed Boost, 69

Bulk Up

Blaze Kick

Hi Jump Kick

Brave Bird

Luxray, Guts, 66

Wild Charge

Discharge

Swagger

Crunch

Gengar, Levitate, 66

Shadow Ball

Dark Pulse

Curse

Confuse Ray

Alakazam, Inner Focus, 68

Psychic

Shadow Ball

Grass Knot

Recover

Remotely viable pokemon in PC:

Toxicroak, Dry Skin, 60

Sucker Punch

Feint Attack

Poison Jab

Mud Bomb

Scrafty, Moxie, 61

Hi Jump Kick

Swagger

Crunch

Facade

Magmar, Flame Body, 63

Flamethrower

Fire Punch

Feint Attack

Confuse Ray

Yanmega, Speed Boost, 65

Air Slash

Bug Buzz

Detect

Uproar

I do have heart scales so unlearned moves could be possible, but no ability capsules. A couple low-level pokes in the PC have prankster but I'm not sure if any of them can rain dance (and as said above, trick room out of the question). Generally what happens is I just get outsped and annihilated even if I can get up a rain dance or blizzard early - things just hit too hard and when the second ninetales comes out I'm toast since the rain dance / blizzard setters tend to be dead at that point. Oddly the most success I've had is what got me past the last few leaders: setting up on Blaziken and just Hi Jump Kicking the crap out of their team. But no one else can survive long enough and this strat keeps either of my surf/earthquake users from doing their thing. I'd prefer not to grind up an entirely new pokemon if possible - getting the swampert up this high already sapped a lot of my motivation to continue playing. Any ideas?

tl;dr field effects OP, c'mon Ame difficult is fun but Charlotte is absurd without counterteaming. And inb4 "I beat it on the first try because my team was fast and had five earthquake / rock slide users".

Edited by beepboopbeep

I do have heart scales so unlearned moves could be possible, but no ability capsules. A couple low-level pokes in the PC have prankster but I'm not sure if any of them can rain dance (and as said above, trick room out of the question). Generally what happens is I just get outsped and annihilated even if I can get up a rain dance or blizzard early - things just hit too hard and when the second ninetales comes out I'm toast since the rain dance / blizzard setters tend to be dead at that point. Oddly the most success I've had is what got me past the last few leaders: setting up on Blaziken and just Hi Jump Kicking the crap out of their team. But no one else can survive long enough and this strat keeps either of my surf/earthquake users from doing their thing. I'd prefer not to grind up an entirely new pokemon if possible - getting the swampert up this high already sapped a lot of my motivation to continue playing. Any ideas?

tl;dr field effects OP, c'mon Ame difficult is fun but Charlotte is absurd without counterteaming. And inb4 "I beat it on the first try because my team was fast and had five earthquake / rock slide users".

Catch a Bronzor and get it Rain Dance from a Move Relearner. Make sure you get a Heatproof one. The should help. Replace Yanmega temporarily.

If you can get something that can set up a trick room (heatproof Bronzong with fake out support is a great way to do it) Swampert will sweep 5 out of her 6 pokemon for you. I'm sure you can take it from there.

If you can get something that can set up a trick room (heatproof Bronzong with fake out support is a great way to do it) Swampert will sweep 5 out of her 6 pokemon for you. I'm sure you can take it from there.

Was hoping to run a trick room setup with prankster but unfortunately I beat Radomus before he gave out that TM, so I don't have it. Is there any way to get it if you didn't obtain it after that battle?

--

Catch a Bronzor and get it Rain Dance from a Move Relearner. Make sure you get a Heatproof one. The should help. Replace Yanmega temporarily.

Thanks, I'll give bronzong a shot.

Edited by beepboopbeep

You can sweep Charlotte only using your Blaziken and Swampert honestly. I did it, and mine were lower level than yours. You just have to use blaziken to OHKO Ninetails. You can then sweep her entire team with earthquake. You'll probably end up killing you Blaziken with it, but if he manages to dodge it/focus sash, you can swap in Gengar and not lose a single pokemon here.

Swampert counters her extremely hard. If you can eliminate those Solarbeams she has virtually nothing to answer with. Anything that outspeeds her solar beam users be enough to win.

You can sweep Charlotte only using your Blaziken and Swampert honestly. I did it, and mine were lower level than yours. You just have to use blaziken to OHKO Ninetails. You can then sweep her entire team with earthquake. You'll probably end up killing you Blaziken with it, but if he manages to dodge it/focus sash, you can swap in Gengar and not lose a single pokemon here.

Swampert counters her extremely hard. If you can eliminate those Solarbeams she has virtually nothing to answer with. Anything that outspeeds her solar beam users be enough to win.

The problem is still being outsped - Blaziken gets beat by BOTH typhlosion and ninetales turn 1, and its speed evs/ivs aren't that bad (114/25). If Typhlosion uses Erupt, I have literally zero pokemon that do not get one-hit by it given the STAB+field+sun combo. Ninetales' heatwave bring blaziken to 25-30% so anything knocks it out turn 2. At this point I'm just resetting to try to manipulate the RNG to avoid eruption but no matter what I send out alongside Blaziken, it's turn 1 eruption from typhlosion. If I send out two other pokemon to lure out solarbeam, swapping into Blaziken gets him rekt.

I've done about 30 resets trying this strategy this morning. It doesn't work. I have nothing that outspeeds her solar beam users. "Fun" battle. Back to grinding up bronzong I guess. Thanks for the suggestions, in any case - my salt isn't directed at you guys, but at this absurd battle.

Keep in mind, the absurdness will only get worse from here, and yes, Swampert can sweep, but keep in mind Char's Volcarona has Giga Drain I think. Also try catching a Crustle to deal with the Volcarona if you like, Crustle can do work on her whole team really.

If Ninetails doesn't use solarbeam, ignore this post because I've clearly forgotten what her pokemon do.

I EV trained my Blaziken on Touros, so he has perfect speed and attack EVs (31 attack IV and 24 speed IV as well, I think). That might be how I outsped them with him.

I have horrible recall, and I can't replay the fight (unless someone knows how to with cheat engine or something), but I think what I did was swap Swampert out so something else would eat the Solarbeams. Blaziken then took care of Nintails. Then I swept with earthquake, because whatever came after that didn't OHKO my swampert, I one shot the other pokemon with Blaziken, then took whatever came after that out with Swampert. This also killed my Blaziken, but he served his purpose.

Turn 1) I Sub something in for Swampert that can eat solar beam + eruption, or two pokemon that can take one attack each (whatever you do, you have to be replacing a KO'd pokemon with Swampert at the end of the turn). Blaziken was then able to take Typhlosion out. He'll get speedboost as well, so that shouldn't be a concern now. Unfortunately, you might just have to rely on focus band/RNG luck to get Blaziken to survive eruption. If you can get away with it even once, you should be set (unless you also get unlucky and something dodges earthquake).

Turn 2) Blaziken was by far the fastest pokemon now, so he took out Charlotte's Ninetails this time. In my game, I was now looking at Volcrona and Camerupt. Swampert outsped Camerupt and volcrona was subbed in for the Ninetails, so Earthquake killed it and left the Camerupt low. This also took out Blaziken. Whatever Camerupt answers with did not kill swampert, so now I had Swampert and another pokemon out.

I don't remember what came after, but that should get you through the first half of her pokemon with Swampert in tact. I really wish I could replay this battle with that team again so I could tell you exactly what I did, because I know for a fact I beat her pretty easily with just Blaziken and Swamperts, using my other pokemon as meat shields.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.