Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

Then leveling your flygont to lv 73 with 3 levels of continous speed evs may help. Training your pokemon to lv 70+, especially your kabutops will help. Just be sure to know which pokemon have hrass moves to avoid kabutops being killed by them. But definetly set up rain with lumineon or with a pranskter user (Cottonee I think from route 4) if possible.

Then leveling your flygont to lv 73 with 3 levels of continous speed evs may help. Training your pokemon to lv 70+, especially your kabutops will help. Just be sure to know which pokemon have hrass moves to avoid kabutops being killed by them. But definetly set up rain with lumineon or with a pranskter user (Cottonee I think from route 4) if possible.

Pokemon don't listen to me after level 70, Flygon has max EVs, I don't have Rain Dance TM (first runthrough, that's why I"m usng Lumineon, since it learns it through level up),

Edit: Got it. Sent out Primeape and Lumineon first, they managed to not get KOed because Charlotte decided not to use Eruption or Flare Blitz for whatever reason, and it was smooth sailing from there.

Edited by ClawofBeta

Okay, so, new problem...Terra. On rare occasions I could bypass her Nidoking, but...definitely not her Garchomp.

Team is generally the same. Main problem is that I'm usually getting outspeeded to hell and back. Currently grinding my Pokemon to ~73, but I doubt it'd make much of a difference.

Flygon Lvl 71

Levitate, Adamant, No Item

-Earthquake

-Uproar

-Rock Slide

-Dragon Claw

Charizard, Level 69

Blaze, Rash, Flame Plate

-Flamethower

-Inferno

-Wing Attack

-Cut

Drapion, Level 70

Sniper, Naughty, No Item

-Crunch

-Bug Bite

-Cross Poison

-Rock Smash

Primeape, Level 71

Vital Spirit, Bashful, Black Belt

-Low Kick

-Close Combat

-Strength

-Assurance

Kabutops, Level 69

Swift Swim, Lonely, Splash Plate

-Aqua Jet

-Surf

-Dive

-Ancient Power

Clefairy, Level 70

Magic Guard, Hasty, None.

-Moonblast

-Shadow Ball

-Moonlight

-Grass Knot.

Edited by ClawofBeta

Go to the vendor in the Circus who tells you the Hidden Power type of your Pokemon. If any has Ice, teach it HP and pray it will do the trick. The much safer way is a good Ice type, but you'll have to grind it. And maybe the safest bet against that thing is Toxic.

Also, mine a Moon Stone, evolve Clefairy and give it Metronome. In Terra's field, it chooses attacks of min 70 base power.

Go to the vendor in the Circus who tells you the Hidden Power type of your Pokemon. If any has Ice, teach it HP and pray it will do the trick. The much safer way is a good Ice type, but you'll have to grind it. And maybe the safest bet against that thing is Toxic.

Also, mine a Moon Stone, evolve Clefairy and give it Metronome. In Terra's field, it chooses attacks of min 70 base power.

Oops, I meant Clefable. I didn't leave it as a Clefairy for 70 levels :P.

Where would I grab Toxic? Not sure if I can survive long enough with the rest of my team against Garchomp, though....

Hidden Power turned out fruitless X_X.

Edit: Holy shit, trying to level up a Sealeo, but it's taking AGES. This is kind of ridiculous T___T.

Edited by ClawofBeta

Well, you don't have any Pokemon that learn it by level up...

Go to the Move Relearner and teach Drapion Toxic Spikes and Poison Fang. Once you bring down Nidoking, use it to lay 2 layers of Toxic Spikes. That should badly poison Rawrchomp. Or, if she brings it out direclty after Nidoking, send Drapion and go on with the kamikaze mission: pray the odds swing to your favor and use Poison Fang to badly poison it. 30% chance, not too shabby.

...or go back to Ametrine, catch a Vanillish, level it up and go to the relearner to teach it Freeze-Dry. 4x damage to both Rawrchomp and Swagsire.

Garchomp is definetely a problem so try to defintely boost up with clefable. If you have cosmic power or def increasing x item, spam them and continue to stack them until clefable is maxed out. Then basicaly clefable can tank garchom.

Garchomp is definetely a problem so try to defintely boost up with clefable. If you have cosmic power or def increasing x item, spam them and continue to stack them until clefable is maxed out. Then basicaly clefable can tank garchom.

I can't believe my luck. Clefairy can learn Cosmic Power via Heart Scale, but Clefable DOES NOT. Such bullshit lol. Don't have any X-items, either.

In the meantime, though, right now I've been testing my luck with MINIMIZE Clefable. Yes. Minimize Clefable. Been soft resetting like mad to get a good luck matchup...

Edit: FUCKING FINALLY. Set up toxic Spikes with Drapion on Nidoking, then set up Minimize on Clefable after Drapion died. Things were going well, until Explosion landed on Clefable from the fucking owl shit. I sacked Flygon to revive Clefable, and I set up Minimize Clefable yet again on the Quagsire. Sweep and set.

Edited by ClawofBeta

Send halp please. I'm stuck on Aya (Stupid Dragalge sweeping me with Sludge wave)

Team:

Charizard / Lv.42

None

Blaze

Naughty nature

-slash

-Dragon rage

-blame flame burst

-wing attack

Ampharos / Lv.42

none

static

impish nature

-Charge

-power gem

-c. ray

-Discharge

Meowstic (f) / Lv 42

none

Keen eye

naughty nature

-shadow ball

-charge beam

-extrasensory

-psychic

Roselia / Lv 39

Rose incense

natural cure

lonely nature

- toxic spikes

-giga drain

-petal blizzard

- nature power

Scrafty / Lv 44(waaay too lazy to breed Drain punch)

black belt

intimidate

Hasty nature

-crunch

-brick break

-HJK

-Thunder punch

Azumarill / lv44

none

Huge power (obviously)

serious nature

- rain dance

-bubble beam (should have evolved sooner)

- bounce

-double edge

The booooox

--------

Past team members RIP (probably never to be used again)

Meowstic (m) (shiny) / Lv.32

beartic / lv 43

emolga/ lv 29

panpour / lv 30

Noibat/ lv 30

ursaring/ lv 33

hariyama/ lv 33

In training

vulpix / lv 24

croagunk/ lv 36

EDIT: nvm i beat the gym and serra's time to get rekt from the abra and noel...

Edited by Sinikuro013

• 2 weeks later...

I can't beat the fire type Gym Leader.

My squad:

Charizard 70 lvl

Fire Spin

Flame Burst

Flamethrower

Inferno

Pikachu 69 lvl

Thunderbolt

Thunder

Light Screen

Sweet Kiss

Steelix 71 lvl

Stone Edge

Dig

Iron Tail

Screech

Swoobat 70 lvl

Psychic

Endeavor

Attract

Assurance

Sandslash* 70 lvl

Slash

Dig

Earthquake

Sword Dance

Rhydon 67 lvl

Surf

Stone Edge

Horn Drill

Earthquake

Golem 70 lvl

Stone Edge

Earthquake

Heavy Slam

Explosion

Poliwrath 68 lvl

DynamicPunch

Hypnosis

Circle Throw

Bubblebeam

Golduck 67 lvl

Soak

Surf

Amnesia

Hydro Pump

I still got two Heart Scales left so I can reteach pokemons some moves... Duck is shit I didn't put much effort to train that duck. Caught it at 50 something level.

I finally managed to beat her but I wouldn't be able to do it without 6 cotton candies and at least 10 ultra postions. Damn those gym battles are getting harder and harder.

Edited by zelazko

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I'm having a lot of trouble beating Corry with my dark type mono team.

Here it is so far:

Frogadier Lvl 30

Protean

Water Pulse

Round

Lick

Quick attack

Mightyena Lvl 30

Quick Feet

Bite

Swagger

Assurance

Tackle

Liepard Lvl 30

Prankster

Pursuit

Assist

Cut

Fake Out

Cacnea Lvl 30

Water Absorb

Needle Arm

Leech seed

Payback

Spikes

Stunky Lvl 30

Aftermath

Slash

Toxic

Cut

Screech

I'm pretty sure that these are all of the available dark types at this point in the game, but if I overlooked any, please do tell.

Thanks!

What kind of field does Corey have? If it's the Corrosive Field, then you can't do anything about it. If it's the Corrosive Mist, you can do following stuff:

-give them anti-Poison Berries to hold, to spare yourself one round of poison

-or go to the Onyx Arcade, get Facade and teach them all, so it gets boosted when you get poisoned

Also: Level up Frogadier to 33 to get Smack Down, level up Stunky to 34 to evolve it and have it learn Flamethrower. If you have an Ability Capsule, change Mightyenas abilit to Moxie.

Can't think much more than that. Good luck!

Corey's field is the corrosive field, I'll definetly try teaching some of my pokemon facade, because skrelp usually sets up toxic spikes.

I've been going around clicking on a bunch of rocks all over Reborn to try and find an ability capsule, but I can't find one, do you have any idea where on might be?

Edited by N1bel

Just about to go vs Samson. Though i don't know if i should keep my meowstic or switch it out for a couple other of my special attackers.

Why do we have another fighting type gym? Really confused as their already was one. I haven't prepared a special pokemon for the gym due to it's type being unclear, was thinking of a flying type but i have blaziken which already has brave bird.

I have been trying to beat Radomus 5 times. and my guys cannot seem to defeat him because of Malamar and Gardevoir My team are as followed. Mightyena level 57, Drifbloom level 58, Infernape level 59, Primeape level 59, Vanilluxe level 59, and Arbok level 59. And well Malamar and Gardeviour are the two that just wrecks them.

Mightyena got Crunch Bite Shadow Ball and Snarl. Driftbloom has Ominous Wind, Shadow Ball, Gust, and Payback. Infernape has Flare blitz, acrobatics, Mach Punch, Close Combat. Primape got Close Combat, Low Kick, Cross Chop, and Karate chop. Vanilluxe has Frost Breath, Avalanche, Blizzard, and Ice Beam. And Arbok got Belch, Gunk Shot, Acid Spray, and Sludge Wave. I'm abou to rage quitt the game because of this..... Why did it had to be double battle? It should had been a Singles Match. I cannot even get the chance to use Cheat Engine to keep atleast ONE of them alive. It is days like this I WISH I knew how to obtain Legendary Pokemon by using Cheat Engine.......

You literally need just one bug move for Malamar (and Exeggutor) and one physical steel or ghost move for Gossip Gardevoir.

Get a Heart Scale and teach Drifblim Phantom Force. As of Bug Pokemon, you have the whole Route 1 at your disposal. Your best option available is clearing the Heracross/Pinsir event, or the Joltik event. Just don't get anything with Bug/Poison or Bug/Flying type, Radomous will REK it. Although you could actually use anything that learns a Bug move even without STAB. Buffalant (from the tall grass, not the ones fighting against Tauros) with Megahorn is also a monster.

He's literally the 2nd or 3rd easiest leader by any calculation. Stop using cheat engine and use his weaknesses, and he'll be down in no time.

Edited by Odybld

A steel type would be nice but I don't got any Steel types on me.

You don't have to, you can also use Phantom Force on Drifblim. It's either/or. Just go get something with one bug move that doesn't have a 4x weakness to Radomous' field.

Also, Sawsbuck from the maze outside of the castle gets Megahorn with a heartscale. I guess it can OHKO Exeg despite being physical. And it certainly does Malamar. Also, Feint Attack gets a boost in the field, so there's that as well.

Edited by Odybld
  • Upvote 2

im currently trying to beat Shade, but he is like 2 shot-ing my pokemon

Pachirisu level 36
spark
thunder wave
swift
sweet kiss
feraligatr lvl 36
ice fang
water gun
cut
crunch
Noctowl lvl 37
Confustion
air slash
echoed voice
hypnosis
Gravler lvl 32
Stealth Rock
Smack down
Bulldoze
Rock Smash
Growlith lvl 38
Takedown
Flame Thrower
Retaliate
Odor Sleuth

there's no need for that psyco all gamerguymike needs to do is

either get pachirsu to 41 for discharge to convert the field in his favor or get graveler to 40 for EQ and destroy the field, either way graveler needs to be leveled 32 is way too low for shade

Edited by sandy