Official Gym Leader Help Thread

Deleted User

[anorith]

jk

[shelly]

my team (its basically turned into take a train to sunnytown)

vulpix lvl 31-drought

flame burst

wow

hex

extrasensory

growlithe lvl 31/32--justified

flame burst

morning sun

take down

agility

combusken lvl 32--speed boost (but a -attack nature ughhhh)

double kick

ember

flame charge

bulk up

Noctowl lvl 30--Insomnia

uproar

peck

reflect

confusion

Loudred lvl 28--Soundproof

uproar

bite

stomp

screech

Doduo lvl 26--Early Bird

pluck

double hit

rage

pursuit

[in box]

flaffy lvl 21--Static

thundershock

thunder wave

charge

electric terrain

Roselia lvl 34--Leaf Guard

giga drain

nature power

cut

stun spore

Klink lvl 28--Minus

gear grind

charge beam

vicegrip

charge

Pumpkaboo lvl 30--Frisk

Bullet Seed

Razor Leaf

Shadow Sneak

Leech Seed

Buizel lvl 26--swift swim

Aqua Jet

Pursuit

Swift

Fury Cutter

and some other friends. I've got almost all of the event mons bar the hide-and-seek ones, gulpin, and the ones that appear when it rains.

My question is: how do I get anorith to not use Rock Slide? should I grind up Sollux Raptor (Doduo) so he can Rage sweep+kill anorith first? I might try that. My Priority here is not getting Rock Slid. Her Goose is Cooked (heh) if that annoying stony insect goes down.

At this point in the game, Loudred, Noctowl, and Doduo have at outlived their usefulness. You're better off switching them out with event mons such as Mareep or Emolga.

Anyways, you mainly want to get rid of that field effect with Lava Plume so that you can use it to your advantage. Leading Vulpix/Growlithe + Klink should help you out alot. The rest of your mons could be Combusken, Trubbish, and Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos.

thanks! I've been leading w/ vulpix/growlithe, but my issue is that anorith uses rockslide on its first turn out and both my fire types die instantly. klink should help with anorith, but grinding that thing is such a pain...and busting the field effect gives our steely friend 4 turns to live.

I'm thinking I'll grind flaffy up to 34 before evolving it, seeing as it gets power gem then, then evolve to amphy.

thanks for the tips on my normal-types. I'll probably end up grinding loudred up later (boomburst ftw) but oh well.

Edited by doombotmecha

At this point in the game, Loudred, Noctowl, and Doduo have at outlived their usefulness. You're better off switching them out with event mons such as Mareep or Emolga.

Anyways, you mainly want to get rid of that field effect with Lava Plume so that you can use it to your advantage. Leading Vulpix/Growlithe + Klink should help you out alot. The rest of your mons could be Combusken, Trubbish, and Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos.

I still have an Exploud at the end of E15. It isn't the most helpful (and it is quite hard to train) but not much enjoys taking a boomburst from it and with scrappy it can hit ghosts. I agree with Noctowl and Doduo though.

Serra

Camerupt Level:49

nature: bashful

Item:None

Ability: Magma Armor

Lava plume

Earthquake

earth power

rock slide

Ampharos Level:49

nature:calm

item:none

ability:static

discharge

thunder punch

power gem

electro ball

Dusclops Level:46

nature:sassy

ability:frisk

shadow sneak

shadow ball

shadow punch

rock smash

Gothitelle Level:49

nature:bashful

ability:competitive

Psychic

dark pulse

telekinesis

feint attack

Greninja level:49

nature:modest

ability: torrent

water pulse

smack down

Extrasensory

water shuriken

kricketot level 3

patrat level 7

espurr level 4

igglybuff level 8

swirlix level 15

mawile level 29

drowzee level 1

growlithe level 25

swoobat level 31

pachirisu level 18

vanillite level 30

weepinbell(shiny)level 24

Give Camerupt Nature Power from the TM which turns into an always accurate, double power Mirror Shot that always lowers accuracy. Also train up Vanillite, which resists her Ice stabs and has Mirror Shot via level up. Get Dusclops out. Also, you can catch a Pokemon with the ability Compoundeyes and then farm Wide Lenses from the Yanmas in Azurine. Check if anything you have learns Lucky Chant which completely stops her crits for 5 turns. That should be enough.

hmm well you can always get a Quagsire at Azurine. Quagsire can shatter the field with EQ and surviving cloyster. Camerupt can do the same but you will need to smack on a quick claw and hope he moves first before he gets taken out. Also if you do not want to shatter the field just get a megnaton with flash cannon. flash cannon cant miss in mirror field.

Serra does not have a Cloyster anymore, she leads with Cryogonal. It has levitate so it doesn't take damage from EQ, but it still destroys the field (hope this will change!).
Vanilluxe is indeed a good choice, but be carefull cause some of her mons have Flash Cannon or Nature Power that can potential OHKO you ice cream cone!

By far the easiest way I found to defeat Serra is Shell Smash Magcargo holding a white herb! You set up twice on her snowflake and go rampage with Lava Plume, Ancientpower and Earth Power!!!

Drapion could work nicely too, as its ability of battle armor prevents it from being critted, has night slash to abuse field effects (works best with a hone claws boost) and also can set toxic spikes which will cause everything but cryogonal to take damage regardless of how many evasion boosts serra gets (Not sure anything on her team even has leftovers outside of glaceon, which makes it better).

If you sided with team aqua in the game, I'd also recommend completing the storyline there so you can get a carvanha. Sharpedo can be quite deadly with night slash, ice resistance and outspeeding everything with speed boost

hmm than he can just lead with Camerupt and EQ, since serra does not lead with Cloyster anymore. Without the field serra is well not so hard. Also use an ability capsule on greninja so that he gets stab on smack down which could be useful.

Gym Leader: That Scumbag Samson

My Team:

Meowstic (F) Competitive

LV. 57

Psychic

Future Sight

Signal Beam

Shadow Ball

Sylveon Pixilate

LV. 57

Bite

Wish

Last Resort

Moon Beam

Hawlucha Limber

LV. 62

Flying Press

High Jump Kick

Sky Attack

Swords Dance

Garvantula Compoundeyes

LV. 57

Agility

Discharge

Signal Beam

Cross Poison

Typhlosion Flash Fire

LV. 57

Swift

Shadow Claw

Flame Thrower

Lava Plume

Scrafty Moxie

LV. 59

High Jump Kick

Drain Punch

Focus Punch

Crunch

Not In Rotation: Kingler Luxray Dophan

I'm willing to bet that some grinding might help, but even now, most of my Pokemon are getting one hit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and if need be, I can raise a new team member to aid me. (I hear Crobat is good for him, but I lack a Zubat, and am unsure if I can get one at my current state.)

Thank You.

@ combat medic

hmm well i would train your mons to 60+ since the lvl cap after luna is 70 if i m not wrong. i used my moxie scrafty to sweep most in my first run of his team as fighting type moves get boosted in his field. On my 2nd run i used a gardevoir to sweep most of his team by setting up a few CM than psychic/moon blast most of his team. reaching him on my 3rd run soon will prolly use gardevoir and scrafty again.

Hawlucha,sylveon and scrafty can prolly handle his team once you train them up.

Edited by Luna

@Luna

Thank you, for some reason I thought the level cap was 65, but I was wrong. Now I can do a bit more grinding. I'm also going to switch out my old Hawlucha for a new one, as I just noticed my old one's nature was kind of bad (high speed, low special defense.)

Ciel

Dragalge 75

Quick Claw

Adaptability

Mild

-Waterfall

-Toxic

-Dragon Pulse

-Sludge Bomb

Blaziken 74

Wide Lens

Speed Boost

Adamant

-Bulk Up

-Hi Jump Kick

-Strength

-Flare Blitz

Gardevoir 72

Twistedspoon

Telepathy

Mild

-Psychic

-Stored Power

-Calm Mind

-Moonblast

Walrein 71

Splash Plate

Thick Fat

Hasty

-Surf

-Dive

-Blizzard

-Sheer Cold

Honchkrow 70

Sharp Beak

Moxie

Bashful

-Fly

-Feint Attack

-Night Slash

-Brave Bird

Trevenant 72

None

Adamant

Frisk

-Will-o-Wisp

-Phantom Force

-Horn Leech

-Wood Hammer

PC

Galvantula 64

Manectric 57

Meowstic 48

Pelipper 70

Mareep 14

Blitzle 15

Onix 15

Floatzel 28

Elekid 28

Roggenrola 24

Piloswine 60

(Listed the ones i think could be useful for this gym)

@ JokerStyle

Well i would get a pokemon which can set up stealth rock. Golem/Graveler/Boldore/Gigalith and lead with it and set up stealth rock. remove Blaziken and Trevenant from your team as they will not help much in this gym. Piloswine and Walrein can help vs Noivern and Mega Altaria. Add 1 stealth rocker and Piloswine to your team also train up your pokemons to lvl 74. this should help.

Ciel

Dragalge 75

Quick Claw

Adaptability

Mild

-Waterfall

-Toxic

-Dragon Pulse

-Sludge Bomb

Blaziken 74

Wide Lens

Speed Boost

Adamant

-Bulk Up

-Hi Jump Kick

-Strength

-Flare Blitz

Gardevoir 72

Twistedspoon

Telepathy

Mild

-Psychic

-Stored Power

-Calm Mind

-Moonblast

Walrein 71

Splash Plate

Thick Fat

Hasty

-Surf

-Dive

-Blizzard

-Sheer Cold

Honchkrow 70

Sharp Beak

Moxie

Bashful

-Fly

-Feint Attack

-Night Slash

-Brave Bird

Trevenant 72

None

Adamant

Frisk

-Will-o-Wisp

-Phantom Force

-Horn Leech

-Wood Hammer

PC

Galvantula 64

Manectric 57

Meowstic 48

Pelipper 70

Mareep 14

Blitzle 15

Onix 15

Floatzel 28

Elekid 28

Roggenrola 24

Piloswine 60

(Listed the ones i think could be useful for this gym)

Change the moveset of Walrein, Sheer Cold is a goddamn never hit once kinda move~Change it to Hail, hailstorm boosts Blizzard accuracy from 70 percent to 100 percent~and as Luna said, use Snow Cloak Piloswine, it increases evasion in hailstorm and instead of splash plate, mine an Icy Rock and equip it on Walrein to extend the duration of hailstorm to 8 turns by Walrein's hail, when Walrein is fallen, Snow Cloak Piloswine switch-in will still be supported by hailstorm~

Edited by TimTim

@ JokerStyle

Well i would get a pokemon which can set up stealth rock. Golem/Graveler/Boldore/Gigalith and lead with it and set up stealth rock. remove Blaziken and Trevenant from your team as they will not help much in this gym. Piloswine and Walrein can help vs Noivern and Mega Altaria. Add 1 stealth rocker and Piloswine to your team also train up your pokemons to lvl 74. this should help.

Where's the best place I can grind up to that lvl? I'm using the rainbow thing trainer in Agate Circus but it's really slow

Or just catch and level a Swift Swim Golduck from the ice mountains. Mine a Damp Rock. Set Rocks, dispose of Togekiss, set Rain, sack something to bring your Water Type in and rek everything before Mega Altaria. Golduck gets Icy Wind from the Agate Tutor to deal with Noivern and Aqua Jet via relearner to deal with Talonflame after rocks under the rain.

Then spam Icy Wind to slow down Mega Altaria and send Gardevoir to finish the job.

Hey, me again. Right now, I'm stuck at Charolette, and was wondering what stardegy I should use. I have been grinding my Archanine with flash fire up to pair with my Typhlosion, but have been having limited success due to her rock type moves. I know quite a few people swear by rain dance, which is an option I would be willing to explore, though I'm unsure of what the best Pokemon to pair rain dance with is. I do have a high leveled Kingler, and am willing to catch a new Pokemon, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I beat Charlotte using a bronzong (heatproof) to set up trick room and then sent out Steelix and Escavalier holding hard stones and spammed rock slide. That is mono-steel though...

It would be helpful if you listed your team and any other notable pokemon you have.

IMHO Rain dance doesn't help a ton, the room stays superheated even after you make it rain (which is quite annoying)

You could always catch a piloswine and make sure it knows mist, for some reason, iirc, mist cancels out all other terrain effects.

Other than that I don't really have much advice to offer besides going back a few episodes and picking up a moxxie gyarados to sweep her with.

I beat Charlotte using a bronzong (heatproof) to set up trick room and then sent out Steelix and Escavalier holding hard stones and spammed rock slide. That is mono-steel though...

It would be helpful if you listed your team and any other notable pokemon you have.

IMHO Rain dance doesn't help a ton, the room stays superheated even after you make it rain (which is quite annoying)

You could always catch a piloswine and make sure it knows mist, for some reason, iirc, mist cancels out all other terrain effects.

Other than that I don't really have much advice to offer besides going back a few episodes and picking up a moxxie gyarados to sweep her with.

Hey, me again. Right now, I'm stuck at Charolette, and was wondering what stardegy I should use. I have been grinding my Archanine with flash fire up to pair with my Typhlosion, but have been having limited success due to her rock type moves. I know quite a few people swear by rain dance, which is an option I would be willing to explore, though I'm unsure of what the best Pokemon to pair rain dance with is. I do have a high leveled Kingler, and am willing to catch a new Pokemon, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

have to wait for her Drought ninetales(of course one shot those that can turn it into burning field first namely Typhlosion) to come out and sunny day+rain dance+superheated field=rainbow field, rainbow field is another story~Thick Fat Walrein might be able to help you with fire resistance also, and Mortally Divine said, Piloswine/Mamoswine(preferably also Thick Fat) with Blizzard also terminates the field~Charlotte's fire types are mainly special, light screen support can turn the tide around~

Edited by TimTim