Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Reborn

Mashew

• Support Squad

Just a small warning to everyone that's voting oh Ghost type was a starter. There is a very limited amount of ghosts, most need an item to get to their final evolution, and they do go through walls meaning they loose belly a lot faster. (Unless you have a certain item). We will put ghost as a starter if it's voted to be a type but I'm letting everyone know the dangers now.

HARD MODE

Well, Ghost makes sense And i'd love to see shuppet get some love, such a forgotten mon without it's mega

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Veterans

Don't Ghost Types fit Reborn's Theme though along with Dark and Poison types? It'd be fitting to have them there lol. As for the starters for the type,i'd Say Shuppet,Misdreavus and Pumpkaboo/Duskull/Drifloon would work.

HARD MODE

Well, Ghost makes sense And i'd love to see shuppet get some love, such a forgotten mon without it's mega

Hard mode indeed!

Don't Ghost Types fit Reborn's Theme though along with Dark and Poison types? It'd be fitting to have them there lol. As for the starters for the type,i'd Say Shuppet,Misdreavus and Pumpkaboo/Duskull/Drifloon would work.

Yes it does fit the theme and ghost type Pokemon will be in the game, I'm just warning everyone if its a starter there may be a lot of difficulties. As for the potential ghost starters there are few in number but we have it figure out. Pumpkaboo doesn't have a sprite, sadly. :c

Edited by Mashew

• Support Squad

Well, I guess it'll still be the players choice. If they really wanna play it, they can. Plus, they don't HAVE to use the ghost wallwalking ability so it may not be seen as a hindrance.

Well, I guess it'll still be the players choice. If they really wanna play it, they can. Plus, they don't HAVE to use the ghost wallwalking ability so it may not be seen as a hindrance.

You are right, technically they don't have to use the ability but it's fairly difficult. It's either run and accidentally run into the wall or walk slowly in every dungeon. But if people really want a ghost starter they can overcome.

From what I can see Bug, Ghost and Steel will be starter types as well. Only really missing the final type. I'll leave the poll up till later tonight, though, never know what might happen.

Well i've been playing PMU and suposing that this will be basically the same, i will tell you how it differs from PMD:

-it's not turn based, it actually feels more like an action RPG as instead of having all the time in the world to attack, use items, check the missions and such, your moves are set to the WASD keys and you press them to attack, still takes PP and such but it works in real time

-it has a big overworld. Unlike PMD where you have a town then multiple dungeons, it has a big overworld with pokemon roaming arround and dungeon entrances scattered arround

-instead of having multiple pokemon at the same time and controlling only the leader, you have a party of 4 similar to the main games, where you can switch at will but only 1 pokemon is out at a time

-it is online

-it uses HM's like the main series, so you can cut bushes, smash rocks, etc...

and thats all i can think of right now

Edited by 2tousent

Hello all my lovelies!~ I have closed the poll and we have made the decision as who the starters will be. I'll give you a little printscreen of the most voted on type and something... Else~. Thank you for all your votes and comments!

Oh, lookie here. Everyone's favorite things!

jOAVpr9.png

ZHj8Xei.png

Now where did I end up...?

iFlD0NV.png

Please keep in mind names, Pokemon and mapping is all not final and are subject to change (Maps will most definitely be changed) I just wanted to give everyone a lil' sneak peek~. I also added the screenshots to the main post and will continue to do so in the future updates.

Edited by Mashew

Personally, I wold have thought Klink would be better than magnemite as a starter :P

As that might be true, we have to work with what sprites we have at our disposable and most 5th/6th generation Pokemon do not have sprites for PMD that arent' 3d :c

i've seen a lot of people with a tyrunt and a sylveon in PMU, so there's that too

We're not an exact replica of PMU, a lot of things will be changed, so not everything from PMU will be guaranteed to be on our game. Which is why I haven't said anything about what Pokemon sprites are in and available.

yes i know, but if they are in PMU it means they exist, wich means they can be used, no?

wait, will reborn characters have a pokemon counterpart?, like will julia be a voltorb and such?

Edited by 2tousent

yes i know, but if they are in PMU it means they exist, wich means they can be used, no?

wait, will reborn characters have a pokemon counterpart?, like will julia be a voltorb and such?

Yes they can be used but not necessarily going to be used.

Some will, yes. Some others might not at least not at first. Maybe they'll make their own special appearance as a boss, though.~

Well, I imagine the PMU community is TRYING to get 5th/6th gen sprites and such in, right?

The PMU community is trying to but we aren't PMU, we can take the sprites from PMU when they are added but it's a long process for them to be in there and to make the sprites themselves. As it stands PMD:Reborn has the same sprites as PMU. Which means little 5th and 6th gen sprites, hopefully we find the tool that'll allow us to add our own sprites and not need to wait for PMU so we can get quite a bit in.

Can't wait to see this come to fruition.

I'm glad to hear it! ^^

I think that the game would be better if they placed all the pokemons as choice of character maybe not evolutions or legendary

While that is an interesting concept, It's not really practical. We're trying to follow the tradition of all Pokemon games~

Small update post, sort of, about all of the applications we've received.

We appreciate all of you who want to participate in the project as bug testers, because we'll surely need those at some point, but we don't need them at the moment. When our first few maps are done and need testing for errors, we'll call upon the ones who have applied for that spot.

Like I said, we all appreciate your willingness to participate and we'll call you when we need you. :)