Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Reborn

Mashew

PMD is one of my favourite things ever, count me in for giving this a try!~

Not having to wait really late to evolve is nice, too.

Woo! It's more of an open world MMORPG style PMD game, we're trying to get as much story as possible, though. and yeah! Can't do that to our players~ gotta let them evolve asap

Reborn PMD... interesting.

I'd be willing to help out any way I can. I could try my hand at mapping, I suppose.

Whenever the alpha comes out every players has a house they can map on and you can test/try it out in there ^^

'S a shame I have no free time 'cause I'd be very interested in helping out.

Well, if y'all need any type of advice on coding and the sort, feel free to ask. Otherwise, keep up the good work. I'll be observing how this develops with a lot of interest.

It's fine if you can't help Thank you nonetheless <3

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PMDR Alpha is now out ! If you'd like to be part of the alpha testing last minute, send Nyrias, Mashew, or myself a PM with your skype information and we'll add you to the group ~

EsWJ0v3.png

• Upvote 1

This will be a showcase of my pioneering accomplishments now.

-Felling Fern

f02c7s.png

opa22v.png

20fz5mv.png

-Experiment 001

2e249k0.pngDamn Tangrowth only giving me 1 Poke. 1!

-Evolutionary Trial

i2okqx.png

33xd7gx.pngHere's your solo proof Mashew!

Edited by Pixl
  • Upvote 1

Fern just had to ruin the picture didn't he? :I

So this was fun~

Mechanics-wise the game seems to be running smoothly enough, the way i see it, you guys just need to get done with dem maps and won't be that far from done. Easier said than done tho... it may take a while.

This project has alot of potential.

personally i would love to just play the game, but everyone else has asked to be a bug tester so that is out of the question....

for future refs though... some time later in my life, can i have help making a pokemon dungeon game since that i do not know how to do! this could be almost a year from now since i am in the process of making my own fan game AND i cannot seem to find a good starter kit for it... or an updated one i should say for dungeon... even small little tips would help out greatly

maybe this is the wrong place to ask.....

• 2 weeks later...

Is it too late to apply? :3

Application

What position you are applying for: I can help map or sprite

What past experiences do you have: Nearly zero mapping, but I kinda know what's what and everything. I'm a fairly decent spriter though.

How old are you: 15

How long have you been a part of Reborn: ..Uh, IDK?

How active would you be on the game: Pretty active, I'll probably be on daily except during summer and around finals week.

Anything else you feel we should know:

Examples of any work you might have: Lemme dig for some sprites and get back to you on that. grasssnake485.deviantart.com might have some, but that's extremely outdated. As in, I havent uploaded my spritework in ages.

Is it too late to apply? :3

Application

What position you are applying for: I can help map or sprite

What past experiences do you have: Nearly zero mapping, but I kinda know what's what and everything. I'm a fairly decent spriter though.

How old are you: 15

How long have you been a part of Reborn: ..Uh, IDK?

How active would you be on the game: Pretty active, I'll probably be on daily except during summer and around finals week.

Examples of any work you might have: Lemme dig for some sprites and get back to you on that. grasssnake485.deviantart.com might have some, but that's extremely outdated. As in, I havent uploaded my spritework in ages.

Until you provide recent sprite work, I'll refrain from making a decision- you can send any recent sprite work that you've done to me through forum PM.

What position you are applying for:

I am willing to help with a lot. Coding/scripting or story writing. I could also create promotional materials such as posters.

What past experiences do you have:

2 highschool courses in Java, beginner level Python and algorithms and data structures in C (so 3 languages)

I also created a partially functional, extremely buggy Yu-Gi-Oh dueling simulator using a program called Greenfoot with two of my friends for a highschool project

How old are you: 19

How long have you been a part of Reborn:

The forum? I literally just joined. I have played the game for a few months, but I deleted it because I was frustrated with the lag in some areas :(

How active would you be on the game:

Up to September I can devote a lot of time (summer vacation) but once school starts I won't be able to do as much. So perhaps 5-8 hours a day until September. After that maybe 10 hours a week?

I've no experience working with the Reborn source code. However I do have formal education in programming (as stated above) and can learn quickly :)

I feel that I am useless when it comes to graphical assets such as sprites, maps etc. I did create the assets for my dueling sim but none of it was from scratch. All just borrowed work I Frankenstein'd together. I have created posters for school events and I have minimal experience with web design (HTML, CSS).

Like a lot of the people on this thread I love the PMD series (especially the first and second game) because of the story. They're very touching and I found myself attached to the pokemon I went on adventures with. I would love to help with this project in any way I can.

Examples of any work you might have:

Duel Sim code:

Some posters I've done:

Edited by vsx2000goton

So this thread seems like it is semi-dead tbh. Is there a reason for that? Is school bogging everyone down?

​We're definitely not dead, we're all very hard at work ! Sometimes we just don't have any significant changes to post in here !

Edited by Nekojiru

• 2 weeks later...

Inactivity aside, we've decided that today we'll release the game to the forums~

The game is nowhere near done, please keep that in mind- we're releasing it because activity has been slow lately due to lack of mappers, and we really need mappers, so please don't come to us asking to be assigned to another staff position because we need mappers mainly. And if you're interested in mapping, you'll be able to try it out once you're on the game. :)

Hopefully you enjoy yourselves, the download link is here: http://tinyurl.com/okcu3t8

Also, if you'd like to join our Skype community chat, message one of the admins. (Me, Mashew, or Kit)

• Upvote 5