Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Reborn

Mashew

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

idk what you all have in mind, but I can't really do any of these jobs which makes me kind of sad. I mean, I could try developer, but I'm not too sure if I'm cut out to be one :P

I'm our designated server host for the time being, probably indefinitely, and the server is online.

However, I'm going to ask Mashew about allowing people to play during the development process, so hold on tight; download soon~

I'm our designated server host for the time being, probably indefinitely, and the server is online.

However, I'm going to ask Mashew about allowing people to play during the development process, so hold on tight; download soon~

What exactly does this "server" even mean? And what do you mean by "free roaming?" How much will this be like the normal PMD games?

What exactly does this "server" even mean? And what do you mean by "free roaming?" How much will this be like the normal PMD games?

A server as in, something that allows everyone to play together.. it's basically PMD but with more of a MMO style. I'll have screenshots soon. :)

• Support Squad

Dear lord, you come back and bestow this upon us. Y'all are awesome.

Application:

What position you are applying for: Bug hunter/Tester? Only thing i'm really good for and I don't know how complete the PMU code is or what changes you're implementing, if any so I dunno if you'd even need a tester. I suppose I might be able to help with characters but if it's based on Reborn you probably have that all covered.

What past experiences do you have: I do try to help with the Reborn betas when I can.

How old are you: 16 going on 17

How long have you been a part of Reborn: a year february.

How active would you be on the game: Because of the structure of a PMD game and the fact that i'm currently jobless, i'd likely spend too much time on it. Gotta love randomised dungeons yo

Anything else you feel we should know: I've played every PMD several times bar GTI which I never actually finished, so I certainly know my way around a PMD game.

Examples of any work you might have: if you want characters, check the RP section with some of the characters I've made there.

I honestly don't know how i'd help, so sorry for the uncertain app, I just wanna contribute. >.<

Just to give some examples about what the game will look like here's some screenies :3

Please keep in mind everything you see here will be redone, this is just to give you the basic idea of what the game interface will look like !

KQrv9xf.png

kc2pYl5.png

2txy8Fe.png

T55ATd2.png

• Upvote 1

I am a die hard PMD fan. I think I love it more than the main games actually.

What position you are applying for: Bug Tester, Map Designer, I am also decent at composing music

What past experiences do you have: I am curretly working on a few ASM patches for PMDs on GBA and NDS along with a randomizer program for those games. I've also been into homebrewing (mainly NES,GBC and GBA) for a while even though I haven't decided on what I could make as a game yet.

How old are you: 18

How long have you been a part of Reborn: Not long.

How active would you be on the game: I am available pretty much all night from Mon-Fri and all day in the weekend

Anything else you feel we should know: PMD is my jam. I even tried playing the WiiWare ones before my computer reminded me how much it dislikes Wii emulation. I also haven't played Gates for the simple reason that I do not own a 3DS and that I really don't want to play Gates.

Examples of any work you might have: My FLStudio compos got nuked in a tragic disk format accident about 10 months ago and my Famitracker songs are on my other computer but I can PM them to you eventually if you so desire.

Application

What position you are applying for: Bug Testing / Map Design

What past experiences do you have: I had plans to make my own main series game with some friends, and I had made a bunch of maps for it. Unfortunately those were lost when I got a new computer, and the project never really took off. I don't have any with the PMD games, but how different could it be?

How old are you: 16

How long have you been a part of Reborn: About 6 months.

How active would you be on the game: I should be around for at least an hour or two every night. More once school ends.

Anything else you feel we should know: I've loved PMD and it's deep stories since I played Red Rescue Team, and the only one I haven't been a huge fan of is Gates to Infinity. I got bored with it pretty early on and never picked it back up again, although I've been meaning to.

Examples of any work you might have: Have nothing to show here, but you can check the rp section for the two characters I've done if you need them.

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

Hi everyone small update! Firstly, we are looking into the applications of everyone who has posted/sent them in! Secondly we have a Skype community chat, if you'd like to join please let Nyrias know. Lastly I have a little poll for you all! It's about the starters and what type everyone would like to see as starters. At the moment we have Poison, Dark, Flying. There's a total of 7 starting types so we need 4 more. Now is the fun part! Would you like to see the plain ol' fire/water/grass and the first four starters or would you like something new and interesting? Please leave your comments, suggestions and all that good stuff here and let us know what YOU wanna see in the game!

• Upvote 2

• Support Squad

Well, I assume the starting types are based on the mons that would find Reborn city the most hospitable, right? If so, maybe a lesser used steel type would be nice. Also, will we be set to the Starter all game? Cuz that was one of the worst decision GF made for the series. I can understand it for certain segments of the story, sure, but it doesn't mean you ALWAYS have to play that mon.

• Veterans

For the starters,i'd say Fairy and perhaps Rock or Bug would work. Also what we need in this game? Why Fern of course A few moves that certain pokemon should know but can't for some reason.

Now for my application:

What position you are applying for:Bug Testing/Map Desiging
What past experiences do you have:Made a lot of maps for fun and tried to make a game before but failed. Still interested in the subject however.
How old are you:15 going 16
How long have you been a part of Reborn:About a year and a few days
How active would you be on the game:Very considering PMD is one of my favourite games of all time
Anything else you feel we should know:Ducks are the best animal
Examples of any work you might have:Check the RP section for a few characters i have there.

I personally felt that it should that way at times, but it did feel a bit restricting that it lasted until aftergame that you could rearrange the party.

Thoughts on starters, definitely keep within Reborn's theme of lesser used mons. I like that about the game, and lesser used mons even in PMD are actually pretty freaking good. ((Persian was actually super awesome and kinda wrecked house.))

Type-wise, if you have Dark, Poison and Flying, might as well go whole hog on the off-types.

I imagine the seven would be Poison, Dark, Flying, Bug, Steel, Psychic, Ghost. Those types just seem the most... Reborn to me, I dunno.

• Support Squad

Well, it depends on the start of the story. The main reason we still get the Fire/Water/Grass choice in Reborn is because those mons really are rare and gathered by the people. We don't really get that if it's a poke-world :P

I personally felt that it should that way at times, but it did feel a bit restricting that it lasted until aftergame that you could rearrange the party.

Thoughts on starters, definitely keep within Reborn's theme of lesser used mons. I like that about the game, and lesser used mons even in PMD are actually pretty freaking good. ((Persian was actually super awesome and kinda wrecked house.))

Type-wise, if you have Dark, Poison and Flying, might as well go whole hog on the off-types.

I imagine the seven would be Poison, Dark, Flying, Bug, Steel, Psychic, Ghost. Those types just seem the most... Reborn to me, I dunno.

You're right! Any Pokemon can be good in PMD and that's what makes the games so much fun! Thank you for your input~

Well since there isn't an actual poll i'm just going to say i'd like to see rock/ice/bug/electric be the remaining, but that's just me

Added a poll!

Well, I assume the starting types are based on the mons that would find Reborn city the most hospitable, right? If so, maybe a lesser used steel type would be nice. Also, will we be set to the Starter all game? Cuz that was one of the worst decision GF made for the series. I can understand it for certain segments of the story, sure, but it doesn't mean you ALWAYS have to play that mon.

Yeah, considering it's a desolate wasteland basically means we have types that could thrive there. And no, you'll be able to freely change your four pokemon, leader and everything else!

Just a small warning to everyone that's voting oh Ghost type was a starter. There is a very limited amount of ghosts, most need an item to get to their final evolution, and they do go through walls meaning they loose belly a lot faster. (Unless you have a certain item). We will put ghost as a starter if it's voted to be a type but I'm letting everyone know the dangers now.