Pokemon disapointed with there evolution

jamesw0102

Hmm, let's see which ones I can remember:

-Dugtrio is just three Digletts.

-Dodrio is just one Doduo and a half.

-Electrode is an upside down Voltorb with a beard.

-Exeggutor is a palm tree (I like Exeggutor, but evolution-wise it makes little sense).

-Vanilluxe is just two Vanillish.

-Lickilicky is ugly and more de-volved than evolved.

-Rhyperior is dumb and ugly. Good pokemon, but still.

-Prinplup is ugly.

-Combusken is... lol.

-Dragonite is not even nearly as beautiful as Dragonair; don't get me wrong, Dragonite is one of my fav dragons, but it doesn't retain the beauty and elegance from its pre-evolution.

-Dunsparce doesn't evolve.

-Same for Farfetch'd.

-Rampardos is ugly.

-Hitmontop is ugly at least when compared to its brethren. Same for Tyrogue.

-Aromatisse is the worst fairy and yet you have to TRADE something in exchange for it. Not only that but the person who trades it to you has to bother giving it a sack full of shit perfume or something.

-Raticate loses almost everything that made ratatta interesting, namely the purple color. Instead, is just....a rat.

-Dewgong is beautiful, why the heck did we need seel before it?

-Kingler is so much different from krabby...

-Octillery kinda doesn't make sense evolution-wise, but oh well I'll go with it. Is not a bad pokemon.

-Ambipom is just two Poms.

-Magnezone is alright, kinda. The only thing that I never liked about him is that silly yellow antenna.

-All the simi-somethings. Gotta Hate'em all!

And I'm sure I'm forgetting someone...

Edited by zimvader42

I only really dislike the evolutions already stated here (Exeggutor, Lickilicky, Dugtrio, Magneton, etc.) but Dragonite is among the best of the evolutions out there. It and Goodra are the most adorable dragons to exist.

Though, I feel Dragonite shoulda just been in a different evo line, Dragonair could have been an acceptable final evolution. It's very majestic.

• Global Mods

I actually like Lickilicky. It's so silly and round.

At first I thought Tepig was the cutest BW starter and was going to use it, but Emboar wasn't as cute.

Totodile is another one that goes from cute to not cute. Croconaw's appearance makes me think of an unhygienic caveman slob.

I don't not like these lines, but I don't understand how a small fish becomes an octopus, or a pinecone becomes a steel ball with cannon turrets.

Edited by StrawberryLoveIntervention

Malarma,I had problem evolving Inkay so much!it evolve at lv.30 like but mine evolved at like lv 40+!

In Reborn, or in the 3DS? Because while I haven't played XY, they say you have to hold the game upside down or something, sounds so weird yet so unique.

In reborn you have to press B while evolving. Why did yours evolve at lvl40?

In Reborn, or in the 3DS? Because while I haven't played XY, they say you have to hold the game upside down or something, sounds so weird yet so unique.

In reborn you have to press B while evolving. Why did yours evolve at lvl40?

3DS duh,Reborn doesn't even have that rotation momentum whatever system but if Reborn have that I imagine fliping my monitor upside down,that would be super arkward.....

Edited by BBD

3DS duh,Reborn doesn't even have that rotation momentum whatever system but if Reborn have that I imagine fliping my monitor upside down,that is super arkward.....

My question remains tho. Did yours evolve at level 40 because you didn't know the upside-down trick? I'd guess that's why most people's Inkays seem to never evolve XD

My question remains tho. Did yours evolve at level 40 because you didn't know the upside-down trick? I'd guess that's why most people's Inkays seem to never evolve XD

It evolved at lv.40 something(Inkay evolve at lv.30)because that system is so stupid!everyone knows that,3DS doesn't even know what is up or upside down and if you don't flip your 3DS it won't evolve!so I having this trouble with evolving this to complete my Pokedex!

is that answer it?back to the topic people.

EDIT:oh and yes I know that I have to flip it because I look it up in Balbapedia.

Edited by BBD

is that answer it?back to the topic people.

EDIT:oh and yes I know that I have to flip it because I look it up in Balbapedia.

Yep I'm satisfied now :3

I like to ask because it annoys people AND you'll be surprised how many end up thinking Inkay doesn't evolve before they look it up in bulbapedia/wikidex XD

Anyways, I just remembered a line from gen 6 that goes in topic: the chesnaught line. Chespin is adorable. I'm neutral now towards Quilladin, but in the past I used to think the design was dull; it grew into me....not so much anyways. And chesnaught, well, I wish it had visible ears, but that's it.

Also Barbaracle. At least they were a bit more generous with this "dugtrio" guy: they gave it a full body and not just three binacles together.