Gym leader criticism

Lizard Troop

Well it would be helpful if there were a bit more info explained in game, cause outside Word of God and popular fan theories there are the occasional bits of fridge logic that creep up. Yes we all pretty much know that Noel's gym was the orphanage, and that Charlotte only seen her gym once while her mother still ran it and you are her first challenger, etc but none of that is in game(or hidden very well if it is).

There is a section in game where it is explicitly stated that all gym leaders have backups assigned to them but except Aya's case it is never mentioned who is a primary gym leader and who isn't. For all our characters know everyone inside that orphanage are backups, not primary gym leaders. Think kind of like an assistant manager. They still have the authority to give you challenges and thus give you needed badges for progression.

Theres also been strong evidence that no one, or very few, has even challenged the Reborn League in the past decade. Remember the situation is so bad that you the player as a known experienced and capable trainer are brought in by the head of the Reborn League to challenge it and solve the ongoing issues. If the league was a kitchen youre basically gordon ramsey(maybe not that famous in the game but you get my drift). Also would be nice that if this is true, to be made more clear in game.

There is a lot of topics with bit of puzzle like pieces like those I posted and you can take the pieces and solve the puzzle

The problem is that the whole game would be ruined if we put the story on one thread so get some notepad and get ur notes about the story and you will found the answer

Have fun with this

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's been said before, but I STRONGLY advise finishing the current game, doing all sidequests, reading all books, searching around the forums and getting hints out of Ame before questioning the plot. (Ame is how I learned about Mr. Biggles and why there's poison everywhere!)

trying to get hints out of me is not an effective life strategy

Words to live by, friends

Nothing was answered, no. Not by you or him. I doubt actual answers for these questions exist, though, considering no one has any. Had I not explained my location in the game, I doubt you would have even thought to tell me to finish the game. But it's cool, I was just bringing these plot holes to some attention at least.

OK, you sir, really need to check your attitude here. People gave you some answers to your original question, some weren't exactly how you imagined them, so you lashed out. Take the fucking suggestion of finishing the game before asking questions like this... also, no need to double post, bud

IMO even though the story manages to explain a lot of things, certain things were taken from the Online Reborn League, where most gym leader character development found place. All the Leaders we have now are from the online League, and were based off of real life people.

I think a lot of things like their back stories and quirks from then were taken into the game, but we're missing quite some information, and even by digging through the forums it's hard to find a lot of information.

When the complete game is finished everything should be explained, but until then it's all just guessing.

Edited by Helia

IMO even though the story manages to explain a lot of things, certain things were taken from the Online Reborn League, where most gym leader character development found place. All the Leaders we have now are from the online League, and were based off of real life people.

I think a lot of things like their back stories and quirks from then were taken into the game, but we're missing quite some information, and even by digging through the forums it's hard to find a lot of information.

You have some puzzle here to solve u have lot of pieces the last one was the surnames thread, but more will come on the next episodes so more pieces of the puzzle

You can make some progress on solvig th puzzle puting here and there the pieces and get the whole picture then wait for next ep for more info/pieces

At the end only some minor things would be left and then you can ask more here either to Ame or some people that maybe they know something that u miss or so

Even the "extented" or "true" story end will give more info

Being based off real people, I wonder if some of the backstories were based off issues of actual people the characters were based off? Like did RL Cain have some friction with his mother over his sexuality and RL heather have a father/father figure who comitted suicide? Forgive me if I'm reaching too far into personal territory but it's kind of sad if so :[

• Global Mods

I've always wondered that too, if the characters are just creations of the people who made them or they were actually based on the leaders' personalities, hobbies, and other things. I read the interview Gossip Gardevoir did with Sigmund and I was thinking "I hope this is just a character and the real person isn't actually a shock therapist..."

Edited by StrawberryLoveIntervention

You have some puzzle here to solve u have lot of pieces the last one was the surnames thread, but more will come on the next episodes so more pieces of the puzzle

You can make some progress on solvig th puzzle puting here and there the pieces and get the whole picture then wait for next ep for more info/pieces

At the end only some minor things would be left and then you can ask more here either to Ame or some people that maybe they know something that u miss or so

Even the "extented" or "true" story end will give more info

Of fuck, forgot to add "I think as the later episodes come more of the backgrounds will be explained more thoroughly." I was so busy not trying to step on anyone's toes :P

I think the real person might be into psychology and may have had a crazy sister but I think the shock therapy is just game related lol.

No...It actually happened.

• Administrators

Being based off real people, I wonder if some of the backstories were based off issues of actual people the characters were based off? Like did RL Cain have some friction with his mother over his sexuality and RL heather have a father/father figure who comitted suicide? Forgive me if I'm reaching too far into personal territory but it's kind of sad if so :[

Yes, and yes.

In fact Cain had to leave the online league because he got grounded for a long time after his mother caught him with a boy. That was when Aya took over.

With Corey, it was about a month after his event that we found out about it. We tried to keep Heather around because I didn't think it would be good for her to pull away from everything and isolate herself, but. That didn't work out, and after talking less and less she eventually stopped attending.

From what Saphira told me, Sigmund did have some illegal practice going on, including in that category. There are modern guidelines and procedures for ECT, but she argues that those regulations were not obeyed.

Not sure if Amethyst hears voices in her head...or some really crazy issues are going on out there in the world of 'Real Life' but back on topic, everyone is entitled to an opinion how they express it is their choice really as long as they are not being offensive and/or are not saying anything that may offend others so not sure why it had to result in an argument, obviously if something was said that someone took offence to or believes was out of hand would it not be easier to consult it with forum staff rather than spit fire back and forth?. I'm sure many of the mysteries of the characters and their backgrounds will be revealed as the story is released more and I don't think we will learn much else than has already been revealed unless we have patience.

What I really wonder about is if the things we saw in Shade' Gym be certain to result in the final fate and who it was in one of the things we saw which involved pretty lights of doom?

Sorry if I came across sounding like I was meaning it in a bad way, more of it was a jokey way but basically seems like she has a lot of people talking to her all at once who have all been given separate names the way she explains each character like a real life person with the exact same in game character names, I apologise if I caused any offence since now I look at it from another view it may seem to be intended for mockery which it isn't, I don't know if the names in game are exact same names of real life people, it's just that when I read the comment it was like having a lot of friends who you designed in your head however I don't know Ame or anyone she knows in real life and don't want to appear to be going out my way to cause offence to any of these people.

Their names are changed. As if I'd find so many perfect type-pun names.

Most of them I only know online. I've met a few of them IRL though.

So are their IG personalities are almost identical to their real-life/online personality?

Might be a stupid question... but have you met Terra IRL?

And the most impressive thing is: what are the odds of meeting 18 persons with so particular lives? I mean, things like this don't happen THAT usually, let alone getting to met 18 characters with that "interesting" (huh) lives.

And the most impressive thing is: what are the odds of meeting 18 persons with so particular lives? I mean, things like this don't happen THAT usually, let alone getting to met 18 characters with that "interesting" (huh) lives.

That's what I thought too. To be honest, the fact that so many of the individuals in the online league being related and with all of them living extraordinary (in a way...) lives, made me reluctant to believe if they really were real life people (but ofc I do now).

Υeah had that thought many times

Well I always figured there was some degree of artistic liberty taken. Some qualities enhanced or focused for the purpose of storytelling you know? With a few embellishments and the right story anyone can be converted into an interesting story character.

Not all of the characters strike me as super interesting or anything either. However the most memorable events are gunna stand out like Coreys suicide, Cains sexuality, terra's everything, etc.

From what I remember, some parts actually happened, and others were created for the game. And there was more than 18 iirc. Some GLs retired, and new ones came in (like Dr. Connal and Arc replacing Julia).