Biggest rage moment so far?

HummingbirdTakami

The most ragey moments I had was when Solaris killed Kikki, If game mechanics didn't get in the way I could have saved her by reviving Jigglypuff and having him block dragon rush then get her out of the way, most of the events that happened in the Lapis Ward like not being able to call out the citizens on Corey's suicide or not being able to tell Dr. Connal that calling the police wouldn't help him since I'm honorary police officer and I'm placing him under arrest for abuse of a child, not being able to tell the "friendly" Metetor Agents that their plan is blasphemy, to finally not being able to help reconcile Cain and his sister or at least tell her she isn't a bad person. (It wasn't till recently that I found out Fern is irredeemable jerk) I know these events can't be helped but it gets to me anyway, while the difficulty doesn't really bother me.

Edited by The Swordsman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the last Aster/Eclipse battle. I couldn't kill their Milotic and had to resort to Toxic/protect stalling. Even then I needed to use three ethers to refill protect and the fight took at least half an hour. Of course, when I "won" the game glitched and the battle wouldn't end, so I had to restart.

Edited by Aurax

I think the most I raged was in the sneaking segment in the Arceus base. I got caught so many times by just constantly taking wrong turns out of reflex, then when I finaly reached the end, I realized I missed the library... having to go back through those dam guards, read books, get caught like 30 times again, then finaly get past that puzzle. It could be that I play Reborn at x2 speed at all times since regular speed feels a bit sluggish to me, and having the guards move/turn at x2 speed probably made that harder than it needed to be.

You know you could have saved when you got through, let yourself get caught, then run to the library, right? Writing up those quotes and numbers, reset, and voila. A lot less time lost.

Anyway...game-wise there were only a few moments that got me. The first one was that goddamn garchomp, mainly due to being unexpected (and having no clue how to take down such a thing). It took me quite a lot of time and money to defeat him (and a bit of luck, too).

Next up is the chrysolia forest. What a mess. Following were those cult guards, especially since I didn't know there was a library where I had to go first...(had a quick solution to that, eventually).

Finally, that tedious web puzzle in aventurine. I NEVER WANT TO DO THAT ONE AGAIN. NO.

Honorary mention goes to the Aster/Eclipse double battle close to Calcenon. Rendering my EQ flygon useless with HP ice on magmortar among others, dammit. That was one tough double battle.

Story-wise...I'm not going to begin on that list. It is very well written to make you rage on purpose (in a good way, Ame where are our Fern Voodoo-dolls?)

I said it many times already but Serra (when she was still strong) battle was the only thing that made me rage (from all that hax), i wonder how she's now with the new field effect

Oh I can one up this one. In Chrysolia Forest, I noticed I was running very low on super potions (when the fan game was young, we didn't get all that nice candy stuff). I simply shrugged it off saying I'd buy some when I got to the town since there was already going to be a mart there. My face was priceless when that Mart disappeared. Seriously, I wanted to cry when I beat Hax Serra and I bought 40 super potions afterwards.

• Global Mods

Aster & Eclipse during the last two battles felt insurmountable for me. I wondered if I was ever even going to get past them. It felt like wanting to be an astronaut, but math and science and basically anything logical are your weak areas, and you have the physical strength and motor coordination of an exhausted, sleep-deprived toddler who just ran 5 miles and is also feeling the crash of an energy drink.

Edited by StrawberryLoveIntervention

Noel's Clefable...

Also, for a while his Cinccino made me pretty angry, because I had not yet discovered what the ability "Skill Link" was. I thought it was due to pure bad luck, that he hit Tail Slap 5 times EVERY time.

YES! that clefable is the exact reason i made one for ORAS xD

Well I remembered another one. Back when Ep 13 was released, I forgot to save and walked straight into the Astar and Eclipse battle. The battle actually went rather smooth and I almost had them beat until my last Pokemon fainted. Electivire was the only remaining Pokemon and was in the red while Aya still had her Gengar. I was relieved because all she had to do was Shadow Ball that thing to KO it. Nope! The thing decided to use Icy Wind causing me to lose the battle. The worst part of it was that Aya disappeared and I had to fight them by myself then and my golly was it hard (Roserade was 1-shotting everything though).

Noel.. Definitely.. That bloody skill linking mouse thingy.. I almost punched through my laptop for that.. Followed by that double battle in the forest with Taka and Zel.. Screw you bird-with-musical-note-shaped-head...

Watching Noel's Clefable tank a +6 Psycho Cut from my Gallade, then damn near soloing the rest of my team. I got lucky because it got a crit on my Camerupt which happened to have Anger Point; only time that ability has ever been useful for me.

Serra. Man, screw her. Both runs I've done she was a major pain in the ass to bring down. Even with my Blaziken she kept on wiping me and my crew. I don't know how many times I had to fight her until I finally beat her, but honestly, I don't care. I was NOT gonna let her stop me from beating Reborn (thus far). She's really the only one that made me scream in frustration multiple times.

• Administrators

They were all more or less difficult, but not impossible, and I had fun devising strategies and crossing fingers for a crit. I guess when Nomos wasn't taking damage from Toxic (bug)

To clarify, it has Magic Guard. That's not a bug.

Battle against PULSE Abra, that thing was horrible, I had to grind all my Pokemon in the forest to lvl 54 (level cap 55) to have a chance to defeat it.

i can kinda relate. it's level 100 and has hyper beam. what kind of abra is that?

To be honest this game itself is the most raging moment in my pokemon experience. On any official games I only do these:

1) catch decent pokemon

2) Overlevel them

3) Win battles

4) Rinse repeat

But in here, no...

I had to mind my Pokemon levels at all time while bosses and gym leaders have luxury to slap me in the face with OP levelled pokemon! Garchomp, Abra and even Ditto-turned-Arceus for god sake!

When it comes to battles, the rage moment begins since Serra (omg dat ice witch Elsa) ..I generally hate double battle. Some gym leaders tend to slap me with double battles despite fighting only 1 opponent (what's up with that?)

I recently beat Charlotte (one of my worst battle evar) and the ice dude (bro of Cal, didnt bother to remember his name). The stage effect is plainly unfair and punishing, I even fear going into caves where most wild encounters spam Earthquake and KO my pokemon instantly.

Why I hate Charlotte battle

1) Her pokemons are.. really, really fast. I think their speed range is in (160 - 200) range so she could totally wipe my teams without being able to retaliate

2) Her unfair fire field is insane, she can 2 shot even my tankiest water or rock type with a fire move

3) Even with rain dance I hardly find the battle any easier (my Dewgong with Thick Fat got one shotted T_T at level 62)

4) My starter was Charmander... and many many trainers (Charlotte included) has to have Rock Slide and Thunderbolt attack (oh god why??)

5) Bringing in water or rock pokemon will only get me wiped by Energy ball or Ninetale's solar beam

6) Levelling my team past 70 will make them ignore me, most of my pokemon cant outspeed Charlotte's pokemon at level 70 (the damage dealers anyway), I cant even pull out an Earthquake without she wiping my pokemon out first (even Golem got 2 shotted T__T )

So I reset and retrain teams until I finally beat her by luck.

Why I hate battle with the Ice dude (Cal's bro)

1) The forever occuring hail nerf Fire types period (I thrive on fire D: )

2) Ice stage nerf fire moves, melting them with Fire turns it into water stage (which also nerf fire moves)

3) Water stage heals Jinx every turn

4) Blizzard refreeze the stage (about 4 of his pokemon uses Blizzard)

5) And again, he has pokemon who knows thunderbolt. After I melt the ice stage, thunderbolt becomes more deadly on my charizard

6) It's again a bloody double battle (i begin to find it silly trainer 1 vs 1 has to do double battle, why not make it triple or even 6 on 6 battle at once >.> )

Holy cow I spent 30 minutes doing this one. And used up over 20 ultra potions and 3 revives in the process. Again a win with my favourite moxie Gyarados being the only one alive in the end.

At this rate I think im going to have nightmare against T3RR4R4RW ( u__u )

PS: Can anyone Tell me how to get Magmarizer in this game plox, I need my Magmortar ^__^"

Edited by cleave1ce

Battle against PULSE Abra, that thing was horrible, I had to grind all my Pokemon in the forest to lvl 54 (level cap 55) to have a chance to defeat it.

It only grated me when I discoverd Ame changed it to a mega psychic/steel with magic guard. That beloved Solaris-beating Cofagrigus I raised didn't have anything against it. I ended up using Zoroark to take 25% of its health at a time, and swapping it for Hyper-beam fodder.

To be honest this game itself is the most raging moment in my pokemon experience. On any official games I only do these:

1) catch decent pokemon

2) Overlevel them

3) Win battles

4) Rinse repeat

But in here, no...

I had to mind my Pokemon levels at all time while bosses and gym leaders have luxury to slap me in the face with OP levelled pokemon! Garchomp, Abra and even Ditto-turned-Arceus for god sake!

When it comes to battles, the rage moment begins since Serra (omg dat ice witch Elsa) ..I generally hate double battle. Some gym leaders tend to slap me with double battles despite fighting only 1 opponent (what's up with that?)

I recently beat Charlotte (one of my worst battle evar) and the ice dude (bro of Cal, didnt bother to remember his name). The stage effect is plainly unfair and punishing, I even fear going into caves where most wild encounters spam Earthquake and KO my pokemon instantly.

Why I hate Charlotte battle

1) Her pokemons are.. really, really fast. I think their speed range is in (160 - 200) range so she could totally wipe my teams without being able to retaliate

2) Her unfair fire field is insane, she can 2 shot even my tankiest water or rock type with a fire move

3) Even with rain dance I hardly find the battle any easier (my Dewgong with Thick Fat got one shotted T_T at level 62)

4) My starter was Charmander... and many many trainers (Charlotte included) has to have Rock Slide and Thunderbolt attack (oh god why??)

5) Bringing in water or rock pokemon will only get me wiped by Energy ball or Ninetale's solar beam

6) Levelling my team past 70 will make them ignore me, most of my pokemon cant outspeed Charlotte's pokemon at level 70 (the damage dealers anyway), I cant even pull out an Earthquake without she wiping my pokemon out first (even Golem got 2 shotted T__T )

So I reset and retrain teams until I finally beat her by luck.

2) Ice stage nerf fire moves, melting them with Fire turns it into water stage (which also nerf fire moves)

5) And again, he has pokemon who knows thunderbolt. After I melt the ice stage, thunderbolt becomes more deadly on my charizard

6) It's again a bloody double battle (i begin to find it silly trainer 1 vs 1 has to do double battle, why not make it triple or even 6 on 6 battle at once >.> )

Holy cow I spent 30 minutes doing this one. And used up over 20 ultra potions and 3 revives in the process. Again a win with my favourite moxie Gyarados being the only one alive in the end.

At this rate I think im going to have nightmare against T3RR4R4RW ( u__u )

PS: Can anyone Tell me how to get Magmarizer in this game plox, I need my Magmortar ^__^"

Firstly, welcome to the forums cleave1ce! Be sure to introduce yourself in the Grand Hall

I don't think you'll have a really terrible time with Terra - since she is found to be generally easier than Charlotte or Blake (nobody seems to remember his name recently haha)

Firstly, welcome to the forums cleave1ce! Be sure to introduce yourself in the Grand Hall

I don't think you'll have a really terrible time with Terra - since she is found to be generally easier than Charlotte or Blake (nobody seems to remember his name recently haha)

His name is Blaze, it's like calling rogues rouges in mmos. :rolleyes:

6) It's again a bloody double battle (i begin to find it silly trainer 1 vs 1 has to do double battle, why_not make it triple or even 6 on 6 battle at once >.> )

Would you believe me if I told you this battle is still much easier than Pre-nerf Serra? Imagine this battle, but only being able to hit the Pokemon 20% of the time.