Write your name in Japanese!

LittleDevilex

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ナサニエル スキンドラー (nasanieru sukindoraa)

Murdoc becomes "Maadoku." Close enough to Madoka? I'm a magical girl now apparently.

Using Acqui's method:

Looked up the precise meaning of my name. "From the Hebrew name נְתַנְאֵל (Netan'el) meaning "God has given."" The only translation of that meaning was a phrase. . . trying to find closest equivalent. Mashing together the kanji I could find gives "Kamihata" or "Kamishin" which I'm sure is horrifically inaccurate but I don't speak Japanese.

The closest single word I could find to "shingler" was "craftsman" or "shokunin." So Shokunin Kamihata?

Your name in Japanese is still your name, you just might be more interested in what it looks like written out in katakana. The fb thing is just for fun, not real. In which case I would be zukamimotu.

Your name in Japanese just might be spelled/ pronounced differently because consonants don't exist by themselves as a letter in Japanese.

For example, there is no "k" , just ka , ki, ku, ke, and ko. So someone named Kent would look and sound like Kento in Japanese, cuz the t will always have a vowel with it.

Edit

Oh and they have this thing where they tend to drop the U sounds from syllables so while Steve is spelled out suteevu, you get the normal st sound at the front (but keep the vu at the end for pronounciation.

So while my "name" (Kurotsune) has no actual correct japanese translation (Or as far as I'm aware it doesn't, being just a play on words with black and fox)

Using the website, it'd be クリヒーウン (kurihiiun)

Using the other method (AKA the "fun" way) you get the completely impressively innacurate Medoshimochiaridotoku

Now if meaning actually matters,

It'd either be Genko (黒狐)

Or Nogitsune (野狐)

Or Reiko (黎児 / 黎狐)

It'd probably be highly dependant on your opinion of me.

So while my "name" (Kurotsune) has no actual correct japanese translation (Or as far as I'm aware it doesn't, being just a play on words with black and fox)

Using the website, it'd be クリヒーウン (kurihiiun)

Using the other method (AKA the "fun" way) you get the completely impressively innacurate Medoshimochiaridotoku

Now if meaning actually matters,

It'd either be Genko (黒狐)

Or Nogitsune (野狐)

Or Reiko (黎児 / 黎狐)

It'd probably be highly dependant on your opinion of me.

Well your name is already in Japanese so.... And just so you know, your name actually translates into "Always Black" or "Usually Black" depending on the kanji used, I know it is a combination of Kuro and Kitsune, but the way its written mean always/usually black :P

Using the converter we get 'Kashii' for "Cassie."

Using the 'fun way' you get the rather impressive "Mikaariarikiku", probably better made into two names as Mikaari Arikiku.

If you go by name meaning? "Shining upon man" in Greek, so something with 'shine' and 'man'...I mostly just pester a friend who is actually good at Japanese for word meanings, but something like "Akiko" which would mean 'Shining/bright (female) child" or the male name "Akio" which does meaning "Shining Man" so...close enough?

Out of the three of them, though, I kinda like Mikaari Arikiku best, just for it's ludicrous-ness.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...