How did YOU beat Solaris on Mt. Pyrous?

LordWallace

I also remember that, at one point, the X-items were broken, so my stategy (which I posted earlier) wasn't nearly as effective (and costly)
I also managed to do such a trick with gardevoir, giving that the X-items, Calm minding+healing, then nuke with moonblast. Not that it will work now, ralts now appears later in the game...

Oke..guys how the f** do you remember the battles you had? :D am i the only one not able to remember the fights? :D

Nah, I took a bit of a guess. I know curse and revives are my go to move. Simple and it beats almost all the monster hurdles. Now if you ask me who did the cursing and who I had on the team at the time. That's another story.

Oke..guys how the f** do you remember the battles you had? :D am i the only one not able to remember the fights? :D

If it took you days to try/find a way to beat a single ******************** pokemon, you bet it's going to be memorable. I planned/trained at least one week trying (maybe two, idk). If then the reward isn't that great (when you did't even get more than 700 exp for it), or you stumbled on some crippling bugs (X-items didn't work at some point), and something very jarring in the story happens right after...let's just say it's going to leave a mark of achievement/disbelief that's going to stay for quite some time. Great job, Ame ;)

(the long row of stars can be subjectively filled with any word, preferrably pejorative)

Edited by laggless01

If it took you days to try/find a way to beat a single ******************** pokemon, you bet it's going to be memorable. I planned/trained at least one week trying (maybe two, idk). If then the reward isn't that great (when you did't even get more than 700 exp for it), or you stumbled on some crippling bugs (X-items didn't work at some point), and something very jarring in the story happens right after...let's just say it's going to leave a mark of achievement/disbelief that's going to stay for quite some time. Great job, Ame ;)

(the long row of stars can be subjectively filled with any word, preferrably pejorative)

I can't seem to think of anything to fill up all those stars ( trust me i tried :P)

But anyway when i first saw that i had to fight a lvl 75 gfarchomp i was like 'ok might as well see how my current team goes against it'. I failed (close battle though) and before i could reset the story continued so i was like 'eh if it doesnt really matter storywise why bother' (yes i am a lazy ass)

I remember my fight with Garchomp because of how ridiculously long it was; conversely, I remember my fight with Ditto-Arceus because of how ridiculously short it was.

I can't seem to think of anything to fill up all those stars ( trust me i tried :P)

But anyway when i first saw that i had to fight a lvl 75 gfarchomp i was like 'ok might as well see how my current team goes against it'. I failed (close battle though) and before i could reset the story continued so i was like 'eh if it doesnt really matter storywise why bother' (yes i am a lazy ass)

If needed, use sounds of joy/agony as 'glue' for it. You'll get there ;)

I had the same, but with this reaction (viewer discretion is advised, if (mild) cursing gets you riled up very easily):

Reconstruction of the event (I did my best):

"Ow....f******* (reaction of seeing the level of that garchomp)...

(pokemon 1 down)...ow sh*t, what should I do now? Umm, damn, survive, please! Nope...that's two. Maybe now? Nope...well, I'm probably not going to win this, but maybe...nope...ow f***, I'm in deep trouble now, Let's use this one as sacrifice to use that cotton candy...down, ok, let's hope if I get lucky*...nope, ok, turn off...

WFT was that?"

*As I am a bit wiser than my former self (read: before playing this game), I am aware of the contradiction in this statement (if you leave the current AI out of this)...

Well, yeah. Didn't expect that to happen. It was my first run, I didn't even do the vulpix event before that, I think, so this was the first overleveled single-pokemon boss I encountered. Fuuuuuun...

Being one of those who don't EV train prior to post-game, it was pretty fun during my first playthrough. Mild Pidgeot + Calm Cofagrigus, using Feather Dance x3 into Curse. On the spot tactic since I had no idea I'd be forced into that losing battle.

• 1 month later...

Well my way was a easy one i just evolved smoochum until lvl 45 and it learned perish song then puted a focus sash ( you find one in a rock if you speak to all rocks ;)) and then easy just battled and won :P but anyway that was on my 2 safe that iam doing a fighting type and i had there a lvl 57 blaziken :P

I'm curious about well first of all who actually managed to KO Solaris' lvl 75 Garchomp on the peak of Apophyll's Pyrous Mt. and what was your strategy?

It's a lot harder in the recent episodes too because you can't buy Brightpowder or Focus Bands for this fight anymore.

I myself trained a Cofagrigus inside Mt. Pyrous itself to gain valuable Def EVs from Magcargo until I could live Stone Edge and Fire Fang, then I basically just tried battling him over and over until he'd use Stone Edge or Fire Fang over a STAB move so I could get off a Curse.

From there I'd just switch between a Fairy type and a Flying type until it died :P

I'm sure I'm not pioneering this method either.

Solaris has 3 Full Restores as of Episode 14 too making it that much harder to use any other method, though I am very curious if anyone could do something different.

This video is pretty much just a demonstration of what I described above:

i am impressed. i never thought it could be defeated. well done. :lol:B)

Most recently I had 2 pokemon with sand attack, 1 pokemon with leech seed, 1 pokemon with knock off and I just grinded the fight out with enough accuracy hax. I helped stall it out and do damage with fake out on a Hariyama + a spiky shield on my Chesnaught, and by switching between Hariyama and Chesnaught he usually used earthquake on chesnaught + fire fang on the hariyama, and they could survive 1 hit of those attacks (since Hariyama has thick fat and Chesnaught has really high defense + a ground resistance) and heal back with leech seed.

Makuhita is an easy way to get sand attack (it doesn't really matter if the sand attackers are only level 10-12) - i'm not sure if roggenrola is available that early in the game but if it is that would be ideal since it can have both sand attack and sturdy, but makuhitas can still do it by just save/reloading until he uses dragon rush and misses.

I wouldn't really consider this the most reliable way to beat it by any means - however, it didn't require grinding any pokemon or getting anything difficult to find so I ran with it and just save/load spammed until it worked.

When I think about it - if you had any low level sturdy pokemon then you could beat him as long as you landed a leech seed on the garchomp, since the sturdy pokemon will heal back to full every turn from leech seed (unless fire fang burns them I guess).

On my first Playthrough I exploited the AI and mechanics to hell using Rain Dance to nerf Fire Fang enough so that a Reflect Alakazam could survive it. I remember Cherubbi being just strong enough to survive and Leech Seed after Arbok's intimidate so that Alakazam and Blastoise could out stall four full restores. It was a hard and epic fight. My second team got steamrolled with no shot though.

Initially I tried to fight it, but in my head it just went like "FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!"

None outsped it, no one could even scratch it.

Got whooped, story kept going, it was a good day.

Took me a LONG time but I managed to defeat it by using a Prankster Purrloin. 5 Sand Attacks made its accuracy extremely low, which was a perfect time for my Chesnaught to Leech Seed it and slowly wear it down.

...It still did manage to KO 5 of my Pokemon though despite the accuracy drop

With a bit of luck, I was able to get up a Reflect and 3 Charms with my Prankster Meowstic. Afterwards I would send in Kricketune and use Screech 3 times. At this point his Garchomp is doing no damage. Slaking was easily able to clean up with Play Rough.

Ahhh that was a wonderful time~
I had my Arcanine pull of the Intimidate and kept switching out to let 3 of my team get sacked while I knocked its attack down more and more. The 4th Pokemon to switch in was Gourgeist, who would Leech Seed it, and then die as I switch back to Arcanine for a final Intimidate.Then I'd switch to my last slot, the almighty Slurpuff, and use Fake Tears twice, then proceed to Draining Kiss it to death.
Took a lot of couple tries because Garchomp wouldn't stop critting with Fire Fang every freakin' time.

Though I think the Leech Seed thing was broken because I'm /not quite/ sure that it's supposed to stay on after your Pokemon get KO'd, but it /was/ nice for me! (probably just and end-of-turn-related error)

• 1 month later...

I remember keeping on switching Staraptor, Gyarados (good times) and Luxrai in and out untill I intimidated it all the way down to -6. Then I sent out some tank with a recovery move, made sure I had a crapload of recovery items in the bag, and patiently waited for Struggle to do the rest.

EDIT: and yes @Pixl, the Leech Seed effect is supposed to remain after your Pokemon is knocked out or switched out. There are only two ways of removing Leech Seed from a Pokemon: switching out and using Rapid Spin!