How did YOU beat Solaris on Mt. Pyrous?

LordWallace

I'm curious about well first of all who actually managed to KO Solaris' lvl 75 Garchomp on the peak of Apophyll's Pyrous Mt. and what was your strategy?

It's a lot harder in the recent episodes too because you can't buy Brightpowder or Focus Bands for this fight anymore.

I myself trained a Cofagrigus inside Mt. Pyrous itself to gain valuable Def EVs from Magcargo until I could live Stone Edge and Fire Fang, then I basically just tried battling him over and over until he'd use Stone Edge or Fire Fang over a STAB move so I could get off a Curse.

From there I'd just switch between a Fairy type and a Flying type until it died :P

I'm sure I'm not pioneering this method either.

Solaris has 3 Full Restores as of Episode 14 too making it that much harder to use any other method, though I am very curious if anyone could do something different.

This video is pretty much just a demonstration of what I described above:

If i recall correctly he uses just his Garchomp ? well i trained my garboder with mad speed and then used toxic and revives. Basically the only winning stratedgy could be being faster than his garchomp or having pokemon somewhat immune to his hits such as gyarados or onix who can use dig . An ice pokemon would also come in handy if its has the strength and speed but its a real problem to figure out.

Another good idea is leveling lotad up because he is a water and grass so he can use leech seed

post your pokemon with there levels and a rough idea of their moveset

Edited by Dr. Zexal

If i recall correctly he uses just his Garchomp ? well i trained my garboder with mad speed and then used toxic and revives. Basically the only winning stratedgy could be being faster than his garchomp or having pokemon somewhat immune to his hits such as gyarados or onix who can use dig . An ice pokemon would also come in handy if its has the strength and speed but its a real problem to figure out.

Another good idea is leveling lotad up because he is a water and grass so he can use leech seed

post your pokemon with there levels and a rough idea of their moveset

I find it hard to believe that you can train anything faster than that Garchomp at that point in the game without going past the level cap. He also has Full Restores so you probably had to Toxic him several times then which must have cost you a ton of items. But yeah its just his Garchomp.

Watch the video, it explains everything you need to know about the Pokemon I used to beat Solaris and what moves I used.

Also speaking of Ice moves Amethyst decided to just make this battle completely impossible to win with conventional offense by including the heated ground field effect for this fight, so my Mamoswine's Ice Shard did absolute jackshit as you'll see in the video.

I went with the boring route and switched between Gyarados and Growlithe to get three Intimidates off, then went into Cofagrigus and used Will-O-Wisp. After that, I Cursed it and easily won from there.

Ah yeah I forgot about Intimidate. Too bad Gyarados got axed and the temptation to trade Growlithe for an Azurill is very real.

Does Destiny Bond not work on it anymore? Or are there simply no obtainable users of the move by that point anymore?

I would just breed the Growlithe, and trade the offspring for the Azurill.

In fact, that's probably what I'll do once I replay the final game after Episode 20!

Does Destiny Bond not work on it anymore? Or are there simply no obtainable users of the move by that point anymore?

There are Pokemon that can use it the move is simply broken after the Essentials update

I did a typical Toxic Stall with Garbodor in combination with Acid Spray. Knocked his Sp. Def. down to nothing, eventually he Full Restored; but I was able to wipe the floor with him when I tossed out Magmar (I'm still running a very old save at the moment.)

But, knocking his Sp. Def. down is definitely a good tactic provided you can axe his Attack in the process or just have something that he can't hit. Hitting with a Burn from a Fire Type is always a glorious bonus.

I went with the boring route and switched between Gyarados and Growlithe to get three Intimidates off, then went into Cofagrigus and used Will-O-Wisp. After that, I Cursed it and easily won from there.

Same tactic, but with ekans and growlithe.

But yeah, without cofagrigus I cursed a lot more...When it wasn't a superheated field, I had one intimidator (arcanine). I switched into almost every other pokemon as death fodder, to get -6 on him. (Then I used a cotton candy for my scrafty, if my gardevoir didn't take a dragon tail.) After that, I send out scrafty to get it +6 def with X-def. From there, my tactic was to stall the hell out of it, hoping it didn't land a crit, and healing off with items. And it didn't give so much exp back then.

So yeah, cofagrigus is godly, even if you want a gengar.

Used Duskull with curse. Levitate means he has zero 100% acc attacks. Add in Quick Claw if you have it too. gg Garchomp. Plus my Crobat could outspeed and flinchax him anyway.

I was doing a 6th gen mono run, so my options were very limited. I led with a Prankster male Meowstic, set up a Reflect and used Charm a few times before dying. Went to my Slurpuff, who after two Cotton Guards was all but invincible. From there it was just a matter of weakening the Garchomp with Fake Tears and then spamming draining kiss.

i used a focus band starly + endeavor + quick attack (funny story, what actually happened was that first round, garchomp attacked and missed before i used endeavor, so instead of 1 hp it was down to 30-something instead) and then when starly died, i jumped in with my scrafty and hi-jump-kicked it. you can tell this is old by how i have a starly.

Intimidate staraptor>death fodder>rinse and repeat until gyrados was the only pokemon alive+0 stoneedge pp. Then dragon dance to +6 and ice fang. And just because i'm masochistic, i did it during sunny weather.

Usually it's Prankster Purrloin's Charm, Reflect set up with Meowstic (more Prankster, yes), then use whoever to finish it off. Usually in a long and painful manner, sans Ice moves.

...Not that those even help much now because of the field. Oh well.

The latest bout with it: Prankster Meowstic's Charm + Reflect I would have said, but the move relearner was moved back so I had to improvise with the above. After that it was the stall battle from hell with Gourgeist's Leech burns, since I lacked debuffs to help soften it up to deal proper damage. It still went down... eventually.

I've fought that thing too many times... I still think Baby-Doll Eyes + Intimidate + Ice Fang Stoutland was the best way yet

Simple plan with Cofagrirus cursing. The ghost lives the fang. Cof stays in to take the hit and faints.

Time for full restore. Switch in to Skuntank to toxic. Full restore it is! Toxic hits. Switch to Seismitoad to possibly live the EQ, gets hit with Stone Edge to my amusement and lives it. Muddy water does it's job to decrease accuracy and full restore does its own. Now Garchomp is only cursed. Dragon Rush kills my toad.

Skunk again. Toxic, switch to Swoobat to avoid an EQ, but Dragon Rush takes it out. Back to Skuntank, Toxic after the Restore, Switch out, another fodder, this time it's Exploud. Skunk again. No more restores. Kills me with EQ, so aftermath gets a good hit. I have to switch to my last pokemon, and as soon as I do, Garchomp gets damage from Curse and toxic and faints.