Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Wow, I totally forgot that Quagsire's german name is Morlord until your post.

tis a -Lord- for a reason :ph34r: May it rise to the glory it deserves! ... Well, by sheer coincidence, I picked up a wooper (now quaggy) in my current Desolation run

I don't know if Fairy would have been appropriate typing for Mightyena. The stats distribution seems very min-maxed (not Beedrill min-maxed, though), the thing is I have mixed feelings about that. With those stats Megahyena is crazy good, maybe even too good for it's own good. With that Speed it outspeeds most Pokemon, and Strong Jaw, combined with Crunch and Moxie-boosted attack will destroy anything that doesn't resist Dark. On top of that you can breed elemental fangs on it for coverage, not to mention it now gets Shadow Sneak as another priority move.

Shadow sneak is not going to do much over sucker punch, considering shadow sneak does not offer any extra coverage especially against AI where mind games are not a thing.

• Developers

Shadow sneak is not going to do much over sucker punch, considering shadow sneak does not offer any extra coverage especially against AI where mind games are not a thing.

I always planned on Mega Mightyena being Dark/Ghost. It simply happened to be a coincidence that it came after Darkrai. No matter. Balancing will happen for sure when players can actually get their hands on him, but for now it'll stick.

Edited by Caz

Mightyena'a Ghost typing drops its Bug and Fighting weakness, two relatively common types. Base 125 Attack/Speed combined with Strong Jaw is crazy good. Like, unless you somehow set up before this monster comes into play, it'll likely not go down. Even to cover its one weakness, Fairy, Poison Fang can be bred onto it. This thing's a monster, don't get hung up on the typing.

For the poll, I feel Staraptor and Milotic hold up just fine without the need for a mega. I'd be interested in how viable a mega Swagsire would be, likely on a similar plane as mega Swampert.

Edited by Antilegend
  • Upvote 1

• Developers

Part of me wants Quagsire to win this poll. After a lot of testing, the current Mega Mightyena doesn't seem particularly overpowered - no more than existing mega evolutions, so for now I will withhold balancing. Voting will close after a week or so.

• Developers

Well, depending on the time it takes until Ep 4 release all these Pokemon might make it into the game I know it's not gonna happen but I can dream right? Caz plz

You can certainly dream, especially considering that Episode 4 is a long, long way away. I don't really get much spare time.

Part of me wants Quagsire to win this poll. After a lot of testing, the current Mega Mightyena doesn't seem particularly overpowered - no more than existing mega evolutions, so for now I will withhold balancing. Voting will close after a week or so.

Yes, embrace the quaggy cult :ph34r: ..though I hope a mega quaggy wouldn't turn into a blob..

I was wanting to do a monoice run for this game maybe starting with spheal. How early would I be able to encounter an ice mon like snover cubchoo or vanillite? Would it be before the first gym? What about the event mons (smoochum+froslass)?

I was wanting to do a monoice run for this game maybe starting with spheal. How early would I be able to encounter an ice mon like snover cubchoo or vanillite? Would it be before the first gym? What about the event mons (smoochum+froslass)?

You won't get any other ice type before you defeated the second gym.

Edited by FairFamily
  • Upvote 1

Finally exams are over and my computer is fixed, good to see you guys aga---

HOLY SHIT THAT LOOKS KICKASS

welp, guess I'm starting a run by picking up a pooch!

as for the next mega, I've gotta go with Luxray. Him and Empoleon carried my preteen behind through Diamond, back when I had just started playing, poor stats be damned! Love this lightning cat to death, and I can't wait to see what you'll do with him!

Thought I should show this as I was inspired by the game. I will put this in the creative works section with my own page that I will create soon. Just needed to show my appreciation for the amazing work on this game. I had fun a lot of fun doing this. Also sorry if it's too big (needed to show the whole thing)

sjiIXH0.jpg

btw something happened the original one which was done a week and a half ago. Don't ask long story :/

Edited by Jmanultrax1
  • Upvote 1