Fire Emblem On Forums: Mortal Transgressions (IC)

RedMageCole

Mim sighed looking around the room. This wasn't as bad as Crimson had made it out to be but... She shook her head.

"Right then. We're getting some food into you first, but then we're going to need to figure out what we're doing about this room. You have to take better care of yourself! You're a valuable member of this team after all. And people care about you. You don't want to be making Liza worry about you, do you?"

Lysander.png

"Well like I said earlier, I have a mission and in my mission I've come far too close to losing my life too many times. The task is too great for me alone, the enemies too strong." Lysander locked his arms behind his back as he spoke. "I observed your last mission, and have heard tales. So I think I will find no better allies in these troubled times." He closed his eyes and smiled again. And moments later he turned the question back. "What about you Ferdiad?"

Kane's face became a little more gentle, yet did not lose its stern quality as Baldur continued.

R4GYqAt.png

"Simeon's a good man, I must thank him... I did want to see how his supposed glue packs would work on the field..." Kane mused to himself before turning his attention back to Baldur. "...I understand your position, but sometimes it's just unnecessary to tell people what you believe is a harsh reality. We're all living our own lives and it's up to us to find things about ourselves that we don't like... we can't always fix what others don't like. I should know that... people still question my leadership off and on, but I improve not to impress them specifically, but to make sure everyone gets the leadership they all deserve, as well as for my own self improvement. But try not to worry about punishment; I'll let you off the hook for now, since it seems you understand..." Kane briefly eyes the wastebasket. "...But if it happens again, I won't hold back. Am I clear?"

qxjEVEp.png

"Crystal." He gives a nod towards their commander,  "However, if I could make a request, could you please not speak to anyone about my state this morning? I'd... appreciate it...." His eyes glances to the waste bin before back to the pic- ... wait... WHAT THE FUCK!? His expression changed to one of great fury in merely a moment. It took all his will to not burst out of the room flaming.

jBxXfAt.png

"Actually, Kane, one more request." The ferocity in his voice could scare away lions,  "Permission to KILL the person who DARED to steal a precious item from my room?"

Extremely taken aback by the sudden mention of Lizaveta, Shin nearly let out a nervous stutter.

0QjwDh1.png
"....!-" But quickly shook his head and obediently followed along with Mim's words, while averting his gaze from her and glanced around his own room. 

LKrDlZQ.png
"..A-ah, okay... I'll head on ove-" It was then he noticed that there was a certain something missing from his room. He just remembered that he might have left his room unlocked last night, but it should've been fine, he had nothing that anyone would necessarily want.. Plus, Shin's room is not really a place others would like to be in. He looks around his room a little more, specifically towards the loose papers he has on the floor.

..But still, he didn't remember anyone coming in at night. He did feel a pleasant breeze or two gently flowing across his face while he tried closing his eyes, but that was about it. 

He quickly turns to Mim mid-sentence.

0QjwDh1.png
"Hey.. wait a minute. Mim, did anyone come in here last night or something?"

Edited by Shauntaro

"Ah, er... Yeah... Yeah. There's this new guy. I don't remember his name. He 'proved' himself by stealing a bunch of stuff from us with wind magic. Makes me think we need to set up more guards. Or move spots. If someone can sneak up on us so easily. Anyways... Hmm, guessing that instrument was yours? Unless it was the ribbon but like... Well maybe. Either way, all the stuff is downstairs. You can get it after breakfast, don't worry!"

She smiled at him, glad he was willung to listen.

"If you want, I can do some tidying up while you eat, but I really think you should be doing a lot of this. It goes better if we take charge of our own areas, you know?"

Oh gods she was sounding like her mother. But that was what Shin seemed to need, so that's what she would do!

Kane was about to nod, but then realized- oh, right, the painting. Kane scratched the back of his head as he tried not to be intimidated by Baldur's sudden yelling.

R4GYqAt.png

"Calm down, it'll be returned shortly... we have a new member. He's the Marvel Thief, if you've heard of him... he stole something from everyone's room as a sort of resume. Everything should be waiting for you on the table, but try not to yell too much, he did give a good and honest explanation for himself, though you did miss it unfortunately. He promises to work for us and for the sake of good as we are, and I'm certain he wouldn't have taken the painting as his resume if he knew its importance; you'll get it back. Arthur was similarly angered too, his coat was stolen."

Upon receiving an explanation for his missing item, Shin lets out a gentle breath of relief.
mBeaG9Z.png
"Ah.. I-I see.. Y-yeah the instrument was just something I've been working on.. but, I wouldn't say it's any valuable.. hah ..hahah.." He scratches his head as a hint of embarrassment arose from Shin upon mentions of his little guitar project. But he was still relieved, at least those still remained intact.

Shin immediately rejected the idea of having Mim clean up his mess while he ate, however. 

cdgLLga.png

"A-ah! No, please.. I-I couldn't possibly make you do that..! You should come eat too!" Shin hurriedly stood up and waited for Mim by the door. "I-I'll try to tend to this right after I'm done.. o-okay..?" He says, while trembling a little.

Edited by Shauntaro

jBxXfAt.png

"Calm down? Calm Down!? How can I be calm about this!? I value that painting more than my own life and you're telling me to just CALM DOWN!? I'd sooner burn down the virtuous base then let something happen to that! You say I should stay calm when Marvel Thief, THE Marvel Thief took it? Do you know what happens to the items that man takes from others? I'll track him down to the ends of the earth just to strangle him for even laying his dirty little fingers on it!" In his rage he starts messing with the door knob trying to open the door. It seems he forgot that he locked it.

Kane sighs a little bit, gently unlocking the door.

R4GYqAt.png

"He's in the dining room patiently talking to the other members. Just try not to make a fuss? You can just go and grab your painting, that's what Arthur did. You don't have to like him, but remember the talk we just had."

"Ok, but I'm going to help, ok? Many hands make light work!"

Oh gods, not more of her mother's sayings. What next? She'd fall in love with someone like her father? Focus. One problem at a time.

"Well, we can figure that out later. For now, food. Come on~"

With that, she headed out the door, ready for some more good food.

jBxXfAt.png

"I... Will try." Baldur uttered before storming out of his room and down the stairs passing anyone in his way.

He stomped over to his painting, snatching it and looking it over carefully to see it's condition. He let out a relieved sigh, still good. He goes up the the wind mage and and glares sharp clod blades into his eyes.

Q5dDjBh.png

"Don't EVER lay a finger on this again! I used to respect and admire your work Marvel Thief, but now I'm just disgusted. A thief, no ANYONE should know when something is too precious to mess with, even if it is from a scumbag. Remember this, I'll make sure they find naught but ash when they are searching for the missing "Robin hood"." He put in air quotes,  "UNDERSTAND!?"

Sighing deeply, Kane began to head out of the room, seeing Shin down the hall with Mim.

Pbz8cIA.png

"Shin, do you mind if I spoke with you for a second? Just... After this."

Without another word, Kane heads down the stairs. He hears Baldur pretty clearly, and it takes him about a second after Baldur finishes up speaking for him to put a fierce hand on his shoulder.

7VQmZWw.png

"Baldur. What did we just talk about."

jBxXfAt.png

"MMMMMGGGGgggrrrr......" He lets out a sigh, trying to calm himself down as best he can. It takes him a few moments before he could respond in the calmest manner he could muster,  "Just... Don't touch it again okay?"

HrUijtl.png
"Y-yeah.. I suppose. Thanks again, mo-" *COUGH* "Mim..."

cdgLLga.png

"A-a-after you.." He says after almost making what might me the biggest verbal slip up yet. After Mim heads out, Shin follows and closes the door behind him. To which he then sees Kane chasing after Baldur, and upon hearing what Kane whispered to him he just nodded in affirmation as he watched Kane dart downstairs without falling.

..Maybe Shin could do that someday.

Edited by Shauntaro

Justine rolled her eyes at Baldur's outburst, but didn't say anything. She instead looked toward their apparent newest member. He had an... interesting method of introducing himself to the group, but if nothing else, she could appreciate the boldness. Timidity never made for a good story, after all, and it certainly made an impression. 

faquppZ.png

"Aaanywayyy... Could I have that ribbon back? It's nothing special to anyone but me." And her, she added quietly. She still occasionally wondered if she should have stayed with that girl, but they were people on different paths that happened to cross in life. "Though you did give something to make fun of Cecily for, at least."

Lysander.png

Marvel took a single step back, but gave no more ground as Baldur approached him. At first his was a surprised one, but moments later became a friendly smile. "It's nice to meet you too, I promise to never touch your belongings without your permission again."  He turned to Justine and smiled as well. "Of course, take back your belongings. It was just for demonstrative purposes."

A mission? 

Ferdiad almost opens his mouth to ask what that is before stopping himself. Perhaps it was personal. He could understand that. The man is looking for allies, and so long as his goals are noble ones, then who is Ferdiad to question what they might be? 

ferdiad_casual_frown_talking.png

"Myself?" His expressions turns to one of surprise, then, very briefly, almost to embarrassment.

But before he can say anything, the sound of angry footsteps approaching makes him glance back. As Baldur storms up close, looking like he has murder on his mind, Ferdiad manages to turn fully around and place himself bodily between the former butler and their newest member, standing up to full height, one arm out in case Baldur tries to lunge for him. Painting...? Stolen? Perplexed, he glances to the pile of objects where Baldur points, then his brow furrows — first at Baldur's accusation, then at Lysander's even more surprising response. He barely even notices Kane coming up behind Baldur to calm him down.

"You stole these?"

Seeing Baldur now under control, he drops the protective stance, then turns sideways to look back at Lysander with mild surprise. With a name like the Marvel Thief, it shouldn't be unexpected, but what was this about a resume?

ferdiad_casual_sadface.png

"Why?"

Lysander.png

"Well, I needed to prove my skills. I could think of no better way to prove to you all that I am indeed the man people say I am. Stealing is what I've done to help people, as strange as that is. So I am sorry that I stole your things, and I'll repeat myself it won't happen again, but it was to prove my point. My magic is potent and flexible. I hope it can aid all of you."

Ferdiad is quiet for a moment, taking in what Lysander says.

"... You needn't have proved anything to us. We would have taken you as you are, without regard for a famous title. That you are willing to lend us your aid is more than enough, be you the Marvel Thief or an ordinary man."

He doesn't say anything more at this moment with everyone so close by, though the thought of 'stealing to help people' sits like a knot in his gut. It sticks on his mind like a burr, but he tries to change the ambiance with a smile.

ferdiad_casual_talking.png

"Well, since you are part of the team, now, shall I show you around the premises? Do you have any belongings? I am happy to help you get settled."

jmS7Bc0.png

Baldur lets out a long sigh. It isn't worth continuing to get mad over this.

jBxXfAt.png

"I'm taking this back to my room." He turned around freeing himself from Kane's grip and as he walked past their commander he whispered softly into his ear so only he could hear,  "Thank you." With that he headed up the stairs, painting in hand towards his room.

After having spent a bit of time in the morning freshening up and doing her hair, Tabitha finally decided to make her way to the dining hall for breakfast. Having been away from the mess hall, she inevitably missed most of the commotion that was happening downstairs. On her way she realized just how much she'd missed being able to have small conversations with others and decided that she'd try and strike up conversation with the first person she'd run into. Nothing too fancy just pleasant morning greetings. 

She immediately turned a corner without thinking and ends up almost running into Baldur. 

2ikT3N2.png

"GUUH...?" 

Attempting to maneuver herself away from slamming into him she pivots her right foot and tries to swing herself around him. Unfortunately Tabitha is very much the opposite of graceful and she loses her balance and begins to topple backwards towards the staircase.