Reborn Mafia AMA Gauntlet

Daniel Blackworth

1) Do you have simian lines?

No.
2) Favourite place of your city?

UH well. There's this fancy beachside area, lot of apartments by the sea, bed and breakfasts, beach houses, hotels, fancy restaurants. I like it there. It's nice to drive past and some of the restaurants there are good. It also has a lot of shade. I have little reason to walk around there though, I just like driving by.

3) Tell me about some traditional recipes

I don't know any, not a big cook.

4) Do you eat pasta there?

Yea? Not like, in local cuisine much if at all, but of course. I bought some just earlier for lunch tomorrow. 

5) Favorite pizza? 

Hawaiian if good ham, otherwise pepperoni. Nothing too special.. Though good crust is an absolute must, give me nice and fluffy!!

6) Why do you distrust guys?

Less likely to be liberal leaning, more likely to be sexist and make bad jokes or be creepy and, well you can fill in the blanks. I'm incredibly picky with people and don't have patience/confidence for having to explain something is wrong. Especially if I don't know if I want to pursue a friendship. Guys aren't bad inherently, but I like testing the waters. 

7) How did you find Reborn (the game and the community)?

There was a post on tumblr shortly after V14 was released that got to my dashboard. At the time had like 700 notes last time I checked it's at 16,000ish? Talking about how cool a game it is and how NB characters are now a thing. I was banned from video games half a year before and had finished BlazeBlack 2 and a hard Pokemon Black hack. Needed more 'mons in my life so I gave it a whirl.

8 ) I can't type 8+) Ame pls undo emojis What do you think of the site update? 

I'm not on the forums enough to have a big opinion, but I don't do emojis. As long as it's not annoying.
9) Favorite/Least favorite subject at school?

School like school-school? I always enjoyed English 'cause I got a really really good teacher 3.5 years. Maybe Math cause it was a little stressful the last few years. 

10) Where do you see yourself in: 5 / 10 / 20 years?

I don't want to think of that right now.

11) Why is your pfp Munna?

I wanted to make a Reborn account but I didn't have any cute images, munna was the first thing I thought of so I went with it. I would love to change sometime.
12) Describe yourself with a pokemon

I am tempted to steal my oc's which is buneary, small angery and cute. Happiness? Fucking 0.

13) If you were an Unown, what type would your Hidden Power be?

I don't know how I'd know that. Poison?

14) Tell us your favorite joke

You mean meme? This.

15) What do you like about mafia games?

You get to play with people and maybe be useful!! I definitely have not played enough nor have been useful though!

16) Have you ever had a bf/gf?

Thank god I've not had an s,o, of any gender,

17) You're a beastmater, but do you have any pets?

Nope, like I said-- AESTHETICS. I wouldn't mind them around but it can't be mine. I can pet set for hypothetical roommates but nope not mine

18) You've mentioned your passions: tell us more about them

I just spend 80% of time thinking of ocs, developing, thinking and rethinking scenes, deciding what to make canon and so on so forth fleshing them out, as if I ever intended to do something with them. I don't right now, but I like having them and drawing them and designing them. That's literally been my life these last 7+ years. There's not much to say surface level but much more to say if I get deeper.

19) Why can't I corso you?  

Well now I'm a little uncomfortable so triple no

19) Do you like hugs/virtual hugs? Why/why not?

It's ok. But not particularly, with friends I appreciate the sentiment though can't feel it. With people I know less (that's everyone on discord actually) it's too personal a sentiment for the level you truly know me.

20) Reborn or Rejuvenation? Why?

Not something I can answer really. Each game has their stronger points and stuff. For Reborn I appreciate how fleshed and real the terrain system is, and I feel like the battles take better advantage of them, especially when it's ones like the Big Top and Fairy Tale. I think the dialog is more solid and the puzzles very interesting. In Rejuvenation I'm fond of the idea of having a role but not being the only one or even the most important. I like this ""mess"" where there are so many goals, so many people and not even we at the point we're at know what's going on. Both games though? Praise the environments, even with third gen graphics. and bless I can use my own.

Oh but of course my prince~ Please do take me away~

1. Which pokemon is the cutest, in your opinion?

That's a VERY HARD QUESTION. *throws some pokemon at you* Leafeon for the eyes, Buneary for bun ears and mouth and floof, Lileep because shy baby, Luxio because > :<, Espurr because stare, and ribombee is gentle.

2. What your favorite drink?

Similarly to food, here's a few. Frozen coffee, like coffee but frozen and sweet, but not too sweet!! Perfect combo. Root Beer, a lil fizzy, very tasty, hard to describe. Tea but which oh which I don't know, I still am learning the flavors of tea myself.

3. Would you consider yourself to be a healthy eater or a junkie?

It's funny, cause I always think as myself as a junkie but my sister says I'm a more balanced and healthy eater even if I don't think so. Sure I always check nutritional facts but I don't always make the best choices but considering I look the same weight as ever and barely get sick.. I suppose I'm healthy. 

4. What is your best attribute?

As a person, I don't really know tbh. Probably my creativity, vague I know.

5. Do you have a favorite mythical pokemon, if so which?

Probably shaymin. The song that plays in the village is quite enchanting, and I feel like it's the one I'd like using most in battle, after all I'm a fan of leech seed and Seed Flare's 40% SpDef drop is delightful~ Absolute cutie in two formes.

• Like 1

Guest Sparkin'

heyy

1. Have you worked on a fangame before?

2. If you had to choose between living under the sun forever or the moon, which would you choose?

3. Cats or Doggos?

4. What's your favorite Pokémon Type?

5. Are you fine?

@Jeff I'M SORRY I CAN'T ACTUALLY POST UNLESS I'M HOME ALONE >:/

1. Have you worked on a fangame before?

No, heh, but has my skill at spriting characters amazed you to think so?  :3 I currently can't at the moment, but if I could I'd lightly assist in that. I say lightly, cause I really am more into working on my own thing and don't want t feel weighted by obligations. One of these days I'll redo my Reborn sprite....

2. If you had to choose between living under the sun forever or the moon, which would you choose?

It's a biiit difficult. I don't enjoy sunlight, but I don't like artificial lighting much.. I mean it's nearing dusk so I have it on in my room and ewww. There are also certain areas that would be more favored under the sun than under the moon.. In a world like the one we live in I SUPPOSE I'd prefer all sun............ but That's also so gross!! I'd miss rides in the night as a passenger, driving myself at night is,,, Yeah probably sun. It's less scary as a cute girl anyways. At least if it were forever in the sun, stormy days would provide some solace.

3. Cats or Doggos?

I'd go with cats hehe. They need less exercise and can be all cuddly, but not overwhelming. And they're soft and pretty and make cute sounds! I feel like if a cat feels comfortable it's like, extra special... And no it has nothing to do with my name. It's a completely different origin..

4. What's your favorite Pokémon Type?

Hm? I feel like I answered this, it's Dark! Evil type, best moves, best 'mons. 

5. Are you fine?

HAHAHA.

hah

haha

no actually really no.

• 3 weeks later...

*uses Max Revive*

Ha! You thought this thread was ded, but we won't let it rest so easily :maniacal:

Since he graciously volunteerd... it is time for our esteemed, mafia veteran, adorable jigglypuff and good friend @EndearingCharacterTrait to answer any question that may be asked!!!

Don't you wanna know more about the most mysterious of our seasoned members? I know I do 👀

Esteemed

Mysterious

Seasoned

So many adjectives 😮

Okay, so intro...I am a former useless undergrad and current lost boi. Umm...I don't know what else. Am just a simple blerd, here to answer questions badly

So just

Ping me

Beep me

If you want to reach me

or don't I guess that's fine too

@L'Belle for the sake of not double posting

1. How are you today?

Not bad I guess. Not much has happened today...but really those are the best days

2. Do you have a crush on someone?

I don't think so...but I have been wrong before

3. What is your favourite Pokémon game?

Emerald, but I also have a soft spot for PMD Explorers of the Sky

4. What video games do you play besides Pokémon?

Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei (+Persona), Kingdom Hearts (surprisingly KH3 might actually be a thing soon)

Also would like Switch Animal Crossing to be a thing; maybe that's just a matter of time

Also also would like another Advance Wars, but that will probably not happen just like the end of the Golden Sun story we're never getting probably

1. why Jigglypuff?

2. did you start playing mafia in our club, or did you do it before?

3. what's your ultra favorite food that makes you drool every time?

4. where would you like to travel?

5. would you rather be trapped in a dangerous fantasy world or a futuristic, post-apo world?

6. why endearing character trait?

7. do you dream often?

8. what's the best job you could have?

1) Why do you like being mysterious?

2) What's your favorite mafia game so far?

3) What's your favorite color?

4) Do you like the place you live in, or would you rather live in another place?

5) What's your favorite movie?

6) What's your favorite anime?

Rip I had cool questions in mind but I can't remember them

2) Oh you play Adance Wars! Favourite game/ CO? Mine is Grimm from Dual Strike

3) How did you find Reborn?
4) Favourite place in your town/city?
5) Btw where do you live?

6) Can I corso you?

7) Favorite role or alignment in a mafia game?

8 ) "Alias: Dav"?

9) What do you do in your free time?

10) Favorite/least favorite subject at school?

11) Wy did you want this AMA?

12) Why aren't you more active on Discord?

13) Favorite FE character/game/class?

14) Do you practice/watch any sport?
15) Can you drive?

1. Do you like plants?

2. Favorite plant?

3. If you were a plant what plant would you be?

4. Why ECT?

5. You are a mysterious person I don't know much about, why?

6. Favorite season?

7. Favorite food seasoning?

8. ""Alias: Dav"?"?

9. Do you think Corso *can* corso you?

• Haha 1

@Alistair

1. why Jigglypuff?

Because it is my favorite bad Smash character. Also I want to be small and cute

2. did you start playing mafia in our club, or did you do it before?

I started here

3. what's your ultra favorite food that makes you drool every time?

Ice cream that counts as food, right?

4. where would you like to travel?

I want to go to Africa #WakandaSometimes

I'd also like to go back to Barcelona; I didn't get a lot of time there on the other visit

5. would you rather be trapped in a dangerous fantasy world or a futuristic, post-apo world?

Dangerous fantasy world I think, I wanna get eaten by a dargon

6. why endearing character trait?

I was thinking of this:

Spoiler

XlaXm7Y.png

I think there were some more steps in between, but I guess the answer is...Persona 4?

7. do you dream often?

Yes, but recently I haven't been remembering them. That's probably for the best

8. what's the best job you could have?

One where I get to draw stuff. Even better if the drawings actually become something, even better-er if I get to make the something

@LykosHand

1) Why do you like being mysterious?
(Am I actually mysterious?) I guess I'm a private person by nature. Whether or not I actually like it is questionable though 
2) What's your favorite mafia game so far?
Chronicles of the Onyx Arcade
3) What's your favorite color?
Black or pink. Red is nice too
4) Do you like the place you live in, or would you rather live in another place?
It's fine I guess, but I'm not attached to this place. Were I to get the opportunity to move I probably would
5) What's your favorite movie?
This is...hard. I don't think I have an answer X0
6) What's your favorite anime?

I don't actually watch a whole lot of anime, I think I'm more of a manga person...but...I don't know this one either

I'm sorry I'm so bad at questions Lykos

@Corso hit me up if you think of more though

No

2) Oh you play Advance Wars! Favourite game/ CO? Mine is Grimm from Dual Strike

I liked Dual Strike too; I think my favorite is Sonja

3) How did you find Reborn?

I think last February I was looking for a distraction, because 2017 was a trash year. So I figured, 'Hey we like Pokemon, right? Let's try this.' And just like that...here we are~

That being said I know Reborn is something I had heard of before then, I just didn't try it until last year
4) Favourite place in your town/city?

I haven't been in this place all that long all things considered, and I've been slow to explore so far...but there's a nice park downtown that didn't get destroyed by that hurricane so there's that
5) Btw where do you live?

Houston, Texas

6) Can I corso you?

I would prefer not

7) Favorite role or alignment in a mafia game?

Mafia even though I'm bad at it

Not sure if I have a favorite role

8 ) "Alias: Dav"?

It's a pet name

9) What do you do in your free time?

stare at the ceiling

I've been meaning to get back to painting; maybe we'll do that next week

10) Favorite/least favorite subject at school?

I liked Math; US History didn't do much for me, for reasons. But in university I actually did like the Architectural history classes

11) Why did you want this AMA?

It was kind of an impulsive decision. Initially I didn't really want to answer questions but...I don't know. It passes the time?

12) Why aren't you more active on Discord?

Because I am a shy boi

Recently me being gone a lot was because I just didn't feel up to it. I've been kind of a mess this year...so I needed a few less things going on to survive this last semester.

But to be honest, I'm not sure being around every day wasn't itself out of character.

13) Favorite FE character/game/class?

Character: Tough question...I'm going to say Genny, even though she's been avoiding me for a year now in FEH. Her title being "Endearing Ally" may or may not be a contributing factor

Game: The Blazing Blade probably

Class: Pegasus Knight and Archer (I was pretty excited that Kinshi Knight was a thing in Fates)

14) Do you practice/watch any sport?

Back in the day I ran Cross Country and Track + Field, but not anymore. I like watching basketball and football (whichever way you choose to understand that), but I'm a casual fan at best
15) Can you drive?

Yes, but I do not like driving

@Walpurgis

1. Do you like plants?

Sure, plants are nice

2. Favorite plant?

Fern

Orchids (but Orchidaceae is a huge family so maybe this is too broad)

3. If you were a plant what plant would you be?

One of those plants that freaks out when you touch it and closes its leaves

4. Why ECT?

It was actually the Mafia peepos who began calling me that, since I foolishly chose a name with so many syllables. It stuck, so why not I guess

5. You are a mysterious person I don't know much about, why?

(So I really am mysterious...) Why? Because I didn't have an AMA yet

I'm generally not fond of talking about myself or talking at all, so maybe that's why. Or do I just not talk to you that much? 🤔

6. Favorite season?

Autumn/Fall

7. Favorite food seasoning?

Oregano

8. ""Alias: Dav"?"?

:thonking:

Sometimes my mommy calls me this

9. Do you think Corso *can* corso you?

My name is not common, so I could be found easily if Corsola knew that. Though whether or not Corsi-chan would learn anything useful is something else

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...