Fighting madam x v10

So i wanna just sit there and use perish song i been soft resetting but no dice, her yvetal just keeps using decimation and lands it every time doing a 1 hit ko. is there a chance for her to miss or am i just screwed. it also seems to take priority over priority moves also since i had pokemon that had hit first moves and yvetal just went first

Edit: nvm had a pokemon with sturdy and apparently decimation now goes through sturdy also. seems like this boss has been completely impossible now :/

1 hour ago, Cyphre said:

No, it got 100 accuracy and 10 PP (not absolute hit tho), so unless you exploit something like sturdy, not possible to miss. 

Actually, it goes through sturdy now

The way I beat it was reviving until in ran out of Decimation, and then stalling it with a Sturdy Bonsly and constantly healing it until Yveltal struggle killed itself

Its not impossible, I've defeated her by using medicham with detect and sturdy geodude lvl 1 with 11 hp. Basically you need a pokemon with detect/protect, one with sturdy, a full roster, couple of healing items and a revive just in case. Protect and detect have higher priority than decimation and they shield the pokemon against OHKO, swap in other team members to sponge decimation, keep the pokemon with sturdy in reserve until yvetal wastes all 10 pp and starts to struggle, then just heal it to full hp.

1 hour ago, neos96 said:

Its not impossible, I've defeated her by using medicham with detect and sturdy geodude lvl 1 with 11 hp. Basically you need a pokemon with detect/protect, one with sturdy, a full roster, couple of healing items and a revive just in case. Protect and detect have higher priority than decimation and they shield the pokemon against OHKO, swap in other team members to sponge decimation, keep the pokemon with sturdy in reserve until yvetal wastes all 10 pp and starts to struggle, then just heal it to full hp.

i got a quick claw so im gonna see if i can get it to pop so i can get off a perish song. unless decimation has priority over that

15 minutes ago, MandiiNinetails said:

i got a quick claw so im gonna see if i can get it to pop so i can get off a perish song. unless decimation has priority over that

It does. The only way to beat it is to PP stall, like the others said. 

3 hours ago, Radon said:

What does she say after Yveltal is beaten tho?

I was wondering the same thing. IIRC her speech after her defeat changed in v9, but nobody posted a video about it so I don't know what she exactly said. So here I am, still wondering about her dialog in v10 lol.

This thread is the perfect example of the Lord British Postulate. So far the only way I know of beating her Yveltal right now is either abuse Revives*+Snow Warning or waiting until Decimate runs out of PP and then using a Lv. 1 mon with Sturdy to tank incoming hits.

*Easily done if you have a Pickup squad.

The way to beat her is to use the level 1 endeavor strategy with Ratatta or Aron. She says how shes still stronger than all of her pokemon combined, and it continues to play out like usual. The v10 PBS files get released tomorrow with the 2nd patch, so we'll officially be able to see what she says (if anything changed) within rpg maker itself. 

Edited by xPhinGaming

Um, you can't have a Focus Sash by that point in the game without Debug Mode (which is, of course, not in the base game). The good ol' FEAR strategy doesn't work because it isn't available yet! 

Edit: Actually, it doesn't matter whether you have a Focus Sash or not- Yveltal would ruin FEAR anyway because Decimation's a Priority move now, meaning that it will outspeed your Quick Attack!

Edited by Autumn Zephyr

• 1 month later...

Just beat her after approximately 1000000 tries! 😂

What worked (took a few tries even with this strategy) was bringing in 2 mons with endure (Corsola) and protect (Scolipede) to take 2 decimation hits each. Use revives to keep 'em going to take more hits (fainting after 2 hits each) until Yveltal starts struggling. Then, comes my dude Onix trained to the level cap. Onix has 145 Def. Onix is just enough of a (physical) tank to survive a struggling Yveltal. From there it's just a matter of spamming healing till Yveltal kills himself. Of course, you've gotta have enough revives, hyper potions, whatever to get through it, and Madame X has 1 full restore, so keep that in mind. That's about 8 or so struggle hits.

But basically, tank and then tank some more. I had Nosepass as a reserve, with a bit less Def and than Onix, but I didn't need it. He has Thunderwave though, so he could also be paralyzing tank.

Keep in mind, even with this tanking strategy, your Physical tanks still need enough HP to last. First try, Yveltal struggled Onix to death lol. I gave him a few HP ups, and that 1 or 2 HP makes a difference. Soft resetting also possibly affected Yveltal's attack stat (not sure if it's fixed). I actually think Nosepass wouldn't have helped, as he has slightly less Def and HP than Onix. Any HP boosts still probably wouldn't have been enough.

You could also bring 1 or 2 more mons with endure/protect/whatever to soak up decimation. That's what I had on hand. And btw, the only reason I had enough healing items was b/c I spent time grinding up to the level cap with various mons I tried till I figured this strat out, and figured to add pickups mons (Pachirisu and Ambipom) to the party to make the best of the time.

Also, b/c Jan hates us, this team still needs to be able to beat whathisface before her, as you can't save and swiych teams in between battles.

• 1 month later...

In the end, even if you find a strategy, it won't do anything to the story so that point is kinda null if you ask me. Then again, winning that fight is still a commendable feat.