[OOC: READ FIRST] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden^2 (Accepting Signups)

Chevaleresse

So I was doing some thinking today while at work today. Would it be okay if I edited Valkyire Breaker to having an additional turn to charge if Bridgett doesn't have at least three cartridges.

Edited by rustytengo

Just popping to leave another reminder for murdoc when he has time to edit it stuffs: Aurora healed Heo, not Katsuo

anything else we notice I'll stick in here too.

Katsup targeted D not B

Which I'm P sure would make the results super different so it's probably not worth the time to change

Also is he stunned? it says so in the post but not in the status thingy

Well after poking at things for some time...

Name: Eon
Race: Space Dragon
Sex: Male
Appearance: "Myself? I am a space dragon, my body the color of space itself. This of course, also counts for its contents, the stars and planets and such. Though due to my magical nature, my body tends to have a purpleish-blue hue. I believe that's the term that some of the terrarians used to describe me. As for my length, those who have seen me describe me as being 10 meters in length...or something. None of these terms really carry over, I just use whichever system was the simplest. I also have a chestplate-like device I use to house my catalysts. One of the sentients from a rather advanced world designed it for me one day, and its been quite nice and durable. As such, I keep it."

Personality: "I like to consider myself one of the calmer denizens of the universe, all things considered. Millennia spent watching civilizations rise and fall constantly tends to lead into my kind becoming more arrogant. Though in the end, most of them ended up being captured or killed by doing something silly, so I've made it a habit to note the capabilities of all creatures. Though I am a calmer dragon than one might expect, I am not a fan of those who are weak-minded or weak-willed. Individuals who's minds and wills can be easily swayed or altered have rarely been of interest to me. And, for anything else, I handle it case by case. Trying to generalize when your scope is the universe itself...well, I've seen it end badly for some, and I won't be one of them."

Level: 2
EXP: 100

HP:38
Init:

Stats:
Constitution:2
Resistance: 2(+3)
Dexterity: 1
Intelligence: 8
Strength: 3
Synergy: 4

Complexity:

Equipment:

Name: Orb of Infinity
Description: A catalyst that Eon himself created to harness some of the
power he possesses. Formed by merging a collapsed star with one that is constantly born,
a singularity is created within the orb-like structure that contains it.
Type: Weapon
Damage: 1d6 + INT
Minimum Stats: 3 SYN
Special Qualities"
-Bound

Name: Grand Aegis- Photon Barrier
Description:
Type: Armor
Armor:2+1/2Level
Minimum Stats:3 SYN
STR Penalty: 7
SYN Threshold/Bonus: 15 SYN [+2 STR] 20 SYN [+2 INT]
Special Qualities"
-Adds +1 RES per 2 levels against magic based attacks

Name: Celenova
Description: A book of records Eon has compiled over millenia.
Type: Bauble
SYN Threshold/Bonus: 15 INT[burn on attacks] 20 INT[Rends enemy RES:-2 per action attack (stackable)(lasts 2 tunrs)]
Special Qualities"
-Bound
-Records of the Universe: "This book of mine records all that I encounter, and everything about what I encounter. It's come in handy a few times." After encountering/battling an enemy, records its data into the Celenova for future reference.

Perks:
Stable Mind: "When you've seen some of the things I've seen, things just don't bother you as much as they used to it seems." Immunity to mental statuses

Always Learning: "What? You think a Space Dragon doesn't take the time to learn new things?" +1 INT/level

Actions:
Basic Attack: Starfire: Eon breathes out a burst of cosmic energy, dealing damage
Basic Defense: Phase Shift: Eon phases himself partially into a different space, negating half of the incoming damage

Gravity Field: Using his catalyst, creates a zone of highly intensified gravity. Any enemy inside the field who fails the opposed check (CON +1d20 vs INT +1d20) is stunned for one turn. (CD 8 turns)
-Level 2: CD of 7 turns
-Level 3: Opposed check value for Eon is 1.3INT + 1d20

Gaze of Oblivion: Using his powers, Eon attempts to warp the enemy's mind. If the enemy fails the opposed check (CON +1d20 vs INT +1d20) they become Panicked. In this state, the enemy afflicted cannot target two units selected by Eon. Lasts for 2 turns. (CD 3 turns) (Single target)

Constellar Rain: Eon crushes a star and scatters its remains onto a group of enemies, dealing INT damage.

Mastery of Gravity: "Weight is simply an effect of gravity. As such, I, being a dragon who can control such forces, could naturally change something's weight with no trouble at all" -1 to weight penalties per level. Passive.

Star Binding: Eon creates an energy ring around a single in an attempt to bind them. If the enemies fail the INT vs CON check, they lose Init equal to Eon's SYN. 6 turn CD

Inventory: Some assortment of currency from multiple worlds
Edited by Zetaark
Edits for Level 2

Mastery of Gravity seems more like a perk than a passive action; your weapon seems really weak, and gravity field has a ridiculously long cooldown for what is essentially a one round stun move; maybe make the cooldown shorter like five rounds or something? Or make it so that the stun lasts longer maybe two rounds or something?; also Constellar rain needs some limitations; like how many enemies can you target with it? Is there a minimum amount of enemies required for you to use it?

What does the panicked status effect do to an enemy?

Edited by Cronos5010

Firstly Master of Gravity is exactly the same as Snow's action that reduces weight penalties like... verbatim.

Secondly, his weapon his no weight. Therefore it's damage is exactly where it should be.

Next, the CD on The field is fine due to the fact it's level 3 is a check that's heavily weighted in or will be once a few levels come up towards Eon's side due to INt being his main stat. Lowering the CD is just going to make it an extremely low CD easy to proc Stun. It's fine where it is if the CD is long especially as it can check against a lot of enemies and is AoE.

Constellar Rain is pretty much Hiroki's Curtain Fire. it's entirely fine.

Mastery of Gravity seems more like a perk than a passive action; your weapon seems really weak, and gravity field has a ridiculously long cooldown for what is essentially a one round stun move; maybe make the cooldown shorter like five rounds or something? Or make it so that the stun lasts longer maybe two rounds or something?; also Constellar rain needs some limitations; like how many enemies can you target with it? Is there a minimum amount of enemies required for you to use it?

What does the panicked status effect do to an enemy?

P sure Actions are just sort of not passive and have to be, well, activated. Correct me if I misunderstood something there NVM

Weapon is exactly on par with what it should be for having no penalties

The stun seems relatively balanced RN, although I'm not that good with balance

Constellar Rain should probably have its damage lessened (As it is an AoE) - EDIT: I should mention, Murdoc was talking about Hiroki's AoE scaling too hard. Thus why I raise this point

Celenova needs a bit of clarification. When does it record and what exactly does it record? Like, does it give you enemy stats when you see them? Does it tell you their gimmicks after you kill one? Does it give you their encyclopedia info (name, height, weight, favorite color) after an encounter?

I have no clue what Gaze of Oblivion does

Your armor should probably just straight up scale with level, rather than scaling with level but only against magic. Less because of balance and more for simplicity Not that I'm one to talk about simplicity

The damage on Constellar is totally fine... it's even lesser than what Hiroki's Curtain Fire would've done at basic ((which was 1d4+SYN)), a skill that targets EXACTLY THE SAAAME Like, compare to other sheets before saying things are too high.

Edit: got ya, still... as it stands for now, that's the base line... it's kinda hard to say that it's not okay when at the moment a scale exists that base does more than it does. I'm sure in the future if it gets knocked down abilities based in a similar scaling vain will be smacked down as well. But ye... we kinda have to go on a basis of what exists as stated it's a little hard to go "na, that's too good" when something better than it exists and was accepted at the moment.

The armour is also completely fine, seeing as it scales the same way Snow's does ((and Snow's has no benefits with Bound being more of a negative then a good thing.)) It's really jsut trading the base ((snow's for example being 4+1/2lvl)) to have a much higher scaling versus a certain kind of damage, It's entirely reasonable. Not to mention it also has SYN Thresh bonuses. It's really fine where it is.

Hmm... I'm relatively new to these forums, and I am interested in joining...but is the signups still open? The tag say it is, though I can see it's done some progress...

Uh, if it's still open, expect me to write up a character sheet in a day or two...

So how will equipment upgrades work for items with the Bound special quality? It says something about special circumstances; so I guess something like actually organic as in non forced character development or the end of a special quest?

So how will equipment upgrades work for items with the Bound special quality? It says something about special circumstances; so I guess something like actually organic as in non forced character development or the end of a special quest?

read as: "basically never"

like it might happen as a bonus reward or something but you won't be able to upgrade it in normal circumstances (which would be using stuff you find during plots in your down time to upgrade stuff)