[OOC: READ FIRST] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden^2 (Accepting Signups)

Chevaleresse

Phantom Bullet seems weird; I think there was a post by Murdoc earlier about AoE attacks; maybe you can specify the amount of enemies hit? Because at this point the attack hits absolutely everyone hostile in the field with various debuffs; that and there's the whole free action thing; also I don't think that you need to specify that Shhhhhhh! Silence autohits; because every attack autohits by default. Also Ghost's walk movement bonus is sort of useless since the system isn't very specific aboutt racking positions apparently; maybe make it a dex bonus that has a chance to confuse one or two enemies? Or maybe make it add a chance to confuse when attacking since it's supposed to be a free action?

Relevant:

Posted Yesterday, 08:35 AM

most characters don't have a dodge roll to boost (again, everything is autohit by default

Page 2

AoE should do overall less damage than a single target attack of equivalent level

Overall, AoE should hit for roughly 20-40% less than single target damage.

Edited by Cronos5010

It's a self buff that makes his basic attack go hit multiple targets. but hey, np. i can specify the number if it's needs to be that way. Also, I'm still testing on what kind of effects that will pass Murdoc's judgement.

Edit: About the ghostwalk skill, He said that it was supposed to be a single target. It does inflict a powerful status.

Edited by Ragnar

Um I think that tanking SYN is a bad idea in general; I think Murdoc once said something along those lines..

"There are no penalties for having any stat be too low other than STR or SYN."

Also Empiricist; does Black Squall deal damage and gives that status effect, or does it only give the status effect?

Edited by Cronos5010

you can tank whatever you want, it's all a question of what you want to give up

edit: also it may be somewhat premature but do i really need to give the whole "this isn't my job" speech now? y'all are a bit impatient already. look at the huge amount of sheets i have to go through and make judgements on while also trying to manage real life shit, so just calm down a bit.

Yes I'm aware that 0 SYN will hurt her quite a bit, but it makes sense fluff-wise that she can't actually run anything remotely magical right now seeing as her only augmentations are just there to help keep her drinking habits from becoming too self-destructive, and her supernatural abilities stem from CivSec rather than any part of her.

Edited by Empiricist

INT is going to be used more later; it's just that most people haven't put many INT effects on their gear.

DEX is good because you can run your entire character on it. Let me show you an example (from the old game) of my own making.

-High INIT

-Good durability with little investment in defenses due to dodge

-Incredibly high damage output

If I'd wanted to, I could have run status effects off of it as well.

EDIT: And please fill out the Master SHeet in the OP to make my life that much easier.

Smoothened my submission up. Changes in spoilers below for easy reference for Murdoc:

Percentiles are removed apart from the passive, which I forgot to specify that it doesn't stack with crit. I've changed it to give a passive that makes him always crit + bonus damage on Basic Attacks or deal 140% on other abilities.

Everything scales with + 1 per four SYN instead of complex scalings now.

Separated Quaternary Action into Perk and Flaw.

Two new Actions that I've been through with Murdoc.

Um.... Always crit? But there isn't a crit system in place?

Edit: There is a crit system, but it's based on "Clever exploitatiin of weak spots".

Everything I mentioned has been discussed and approved with by Murdoc. It's better than having a 140% bonus AND a crit chance, which was an oversight that I decided to fix. In fact my crit damage used to be 140% before Murdoc insisted I have double damage instead.

Fair enough but "At arm's length" seems really weak unless it's a basic attack + self heal since it's only 4+ 1 per 4 SYN HP being recovered

I mean, I was asked for it to heal for that amount, as the previous heal for 1/4th of the damage dealt was deemed too strong.

Just for fun, I'm looking at how much damage Shadow Beast B might take.

So, in tandem with weld, Kagari's Hip/Butt Gatling can do between 18 and 33 HP raw damage to Shadow Beast B. It also takes damage of 1-4 from the arc welder itself. Theodore's raw resonance can do 4-10 damage. I'm not so sure about Solomon, but I think that the damage output is 11-19?

Aurora does 2d4+5=7-13 raw damage

Hellfire Knights Curtain fire should do 7-10 raw damage

Magna's Reave should do 4-14 damage

I'm not sure if I did this right, but that should be 52-103 raw damage. That's a lot.

Edited by Strider

Right so we just vaporized that one.... I mean up to 103 damage? at this point we have 30-33 health each..... We probably shouldn't have targeted a single monster with that many attacks.

Edited by Cronos5010

Hmmm... welp damn.That is quite overkill ngl.

so far B,D,F are being attacked, with B being... yeah, just mobbed and D getting ganged with both F being hit by singles

Yo, Stalkerkain, what do you say about editing our actions to help out against F or target A, E or C?

I do burn status on hit so... I could serve to soften one up for a bit easier time killing while you all focus on the others