Game of Reborn: A Field of Ice and Fire

Amethyst

• Administrators

After way too long, it is almost that time again.

A number of factors have slowed E13's release down well beyond what I originally hoped. To list a few, I've had to take up a lot of extra time at work lately, much of the time spent in development was actually for content that won't be accessible until E14/15, and the fact that I basically did all the work of the 9.5 update over again (which... unfortunately actually involved undoing most of the work of the 9.5 update...) but decided not to release it as a separate update because that would just take longer anyway (However, because of that, it is going to have to have a longer beta period).

To put an end to the eternal flow of 'when is E13 going to be released' questions, we're looking at within the first week of September.

In the meantime, allow me to introduce you to a couple of E13's new Field Effects: the Icy Field, and the Superheated Field - Click either of those links or the images below to jump to the Field Effect page for their descriptions!

fe13.png

fe16.png

By the way, Serra will not be receiving the Icy Field-- she'll be getting a personal one in E15.

• Administrators

We'll be seeing Serra again in E15?? I'm looking forward to that! :D

Er, no. Sorry, what I meant was that her gym will be updated in E15. I'm doing two leaders per epiosde. This episode, Shade and Shelly are getting Field Effects. Next will be Kiki and Aya, and then Serra will be last.

So looks like, from what I'm assuming, these are Charlotte and Ametrine's field effects?

Shelly needs that field effect so bad doe. If that thing prevents stealth rocks then her battles might get a whole lot harder for people.

So looks like, from what I'm assuming, these are Charlotte and Ametrine's field effects?

Shelly needs that field effect so bad doe. If that thing prevents stealth rocks then her battles might get a whole lot harder for people.

More like Pyrous mountain and Ametrine.

Er, no. Sorry, what I meant was that her gym will be updated in E15. I'm doing two leaders per epiosde. This episode, Shade and Shelly are getting Field Effects. Next will be Kiki and Aya, and then Serra will be last.

Ah I see what you mean. I was hoping to see some reappearances, but I guess not.

And Shelly getting a Field Effect... that sounds scary

I thought Solaris' Garchomp was Lv.75 not 65... If that's not Solaris' Garchomp then does that mean we get to battle Terra in E13 and she has a Garchomp? ._.

It's not a real shot from the game. The images used for the field effect descriptions are usually just generated by Ame, we've seen a shiny Talonflame and a Ho-oh at one point. Don't worry yourself over it.

Oho! The hype-meter is rising again!

So we have new fields for Ametrine and Pyrous Mountains, and new upcoming fields for Shelly and Shade.

Can't wait to see them. :lol:

Edited by Jaromir

Well, I was going to wait for 1000 posts to get Ace, but the Beta test hype is too strong XD.

Both the Fields look really nice (though that doubled freezing chance will probably have people screaming in despair a lot) and their effects have a good logic behind them. Looking forward to try it!

I don't really think the Rivals/ Admins really need a field, given the fact that you really fight them in multiple locations throughout the game, whereareas the Gym leaders are all in fixed locations where you have to face them. so it wouldn't make sense unless for every encounter you had a different field effect for the area. and since there are some places, like Reborn City, don't have assigned field effects yet... so yeah... plus it could start to get annoying.

• Upvote 1

"-Fire moves decrease in base power by x0.5." So Fire attacks are neutrally effective against Ice types.

"-Rock type attacks deal additional Ice damage." So Rock attacks are also neutrally effective against Ice types.

"-Activates Ice Body and Snow Cloak."

On one hand, I'm happy Serra won't get this. On the other, I'm terrified when I think what she will get.

Imagine Serras old team getting the Icy field. Hax everywhere.

Well I´m interested about Shelly´s Field. Will be probably something against the 4x rock weakness 4 of her Pokemon have. Although I´m not looking forward to Shades field. Also shouldn´t Camouflage work on every field besides maybe Big Top and Chess Board?

Edited by Yazmat

Thank goodness I beat Serra before that then. I don't even want to know how more deadly she will be than she already is and will be in episode 15. I had trouble beating her the first time. And Shade... I feel bad for the poor victims who will have to face Shade with a field effect on the next episode. Shelly and Aya... Oh my... Again. I feel sorry for the poor victims who have to face them. Then again, it will be funny to see those poor souls in a field effect. Keep up the good work up, Amethyst.

Edited by Shadowbolt192