What pokemon you think will be added in ep. 16 ?

Nan

• Administrators

I have some pokes in my mind. Let's try using some future sight shall we?

Gulpin: I don't know why it's not in the game yet. Is it too good, or just not a place for it yet? I don't know.

And since i have no idea of what Route 2 is, then i don't know what to suggest to that area. But like i said before, i'm expecting fights like the ones in Route 1. We got Tauros vs Bouffalant and Pinsir vs Heracross.

Maybe in Route 2 we're going to have Sableye vs Klefki or something...

Gulpin is far from 'too good', but it's problem is the opposite of what you suspect: I've had a place for it since the very beginning.

However, I suppose it is a candidate for the sort of pokemon you could get from an early-game event...

And yeah, I'm surprised we haven't been able to get a Rufflet yet; especially considering that it's basically completely out-classed by another Normal/Flying type who we already have access to, relatively early, at that. *coughstaraptorcough*

Starly was removed from the early game for that exact reason. Rufflet has been another Pokemon that I've known where it would go since the start though, and you all have made a pretty good guess with it.

I'm sorry for Vinny (and all the other Sneasel fans me included) but i don't think that mountain area would have ice in it (so no ice Pokemon i assume), i expect some rock/flying types (maybe the gligar or starly events will return but idk)

Ametrine mountain is, in fact, the main ice area of the game.

But I'm sorry to break Vinny's heart, and whoever else, but thanks to some rewrites I made to increase development time, we won't be getting into Ametrine in 12

to be perfectly honest there aren't going to be a ton of new pokemon in 12. some, to be sure! But there isn't as much room for sidequestisms.. yet. soon, though.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aegislash is the last pokemon I need to complete my ideal team on one of my playthroughs, but I can't think of any real reason Honedge would be in the mountains. It might make an appearance as an event pokemon somehow though.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... You're funny :I

I'm expecting Honedge in the last room after the champion. At level -50. Catch rate: 1/255

We know Aegislash is good. Way too good. So yeah, i won't be surprised if it's available in the last episode of Reborn.

Gulpin is far from 'too good', but it's problem is the opposite of what you suspect: I've had a place for it since the very beginning.

However, I suppose it is a candidate for the sort of pokemon you could get from an early-game event...

Psst Ame... put it in place of the Ralts event. Put it. Make people mad ^^

But I'm sorry to break Vinny's heart, and whoever else, but thanks to some rewrites I made to increase development time, we won't be getting into Ametrine in 12

That hurts. My soul.

Oh well, at least we know that Ametrine is the place with lots of snow. So ice. Yeah

I'm not the biggest fan of a lot of ice types all in the same place though. Spread the ice!

^ That exchange was entertaining.

If we are talking about mountains, I would love to see Skarmory make a debut. With Reborn's scarcity in Flying-type support TMs, i don't -at least at this moment in time- see why it can't be done.

The ultimate troll move. That'd be ruthless even for Ame... I think ^^

It wouldn't be that bad actually, considering he would be immune to Julia's gym. It would actually be even better ._. But if we got a mountain type area coming up I think a nice one would be perhaps a Fletchling. Imagine an event where little Fletchling is stuck with his wing underneath a rock and he is surrounded by gravelers and boldores with 2 bosses being Golem and Gigalith surrounding him ready to take him out But then, rising to the summit of the mountain is the protagonist ready to save the (hopefully gale wings) Fletchling.

It wouldn't be that bad actually, considering he would be immune to Julia's gym. It would actually be even better ._. But if we got a mountain type area coming up I think a nice one would be perhaps a Fletchling. Imagine an event where little Fletchling is stuck with his wing underneath a rock and he is surrounded by gravelers and boldores with 2 bosses being Golem and Gigalith surrounding him ready to take him out But then, rising to the summit of the mountain is the protagonist ready to save the (hopefully gale wings) Fletchling.

Two problems with that:

1 - We didn't fight the Fighting leader (again) yet. Yeah, no Gale Wings for the fighting leader i mean, c'mon

2 - Talonflame is on the level of Aegislash in usefulness. I always say: "Greninja, Talonflame and Aegislash. You got the Gen 6 core".

I don't expect to see Talonflame so soon in the game. Maybe when we're ready to face the rock leader, cuz 4x weakness.

MAYBE.

In the end Ame's going to remove everything and we're going to use 5 Sunkerns + Starter. Oh well.

After Azumarill, (And not counting the starters), which water poke would we go to? Hmm...

Probably Crawdaunt. Adaptability Crabhammer is so extremely powerful.

Probably Crawdaunt. Adaptability Crabhammer is so extremely powerful.

Nah, that's too good. I'd expect Feebas, but the prism scale not being available until late in the game. On a serious note, I could see Remoraid filling the role quite nicely. Octillery is a very underrated Pokemon.

Nah, that's too good. I'd expect Feebas, but the prism scale not being available until late in the game. On a serious note, I could see Remoraid filling the role quite nicely. Octillery is a very underrated Pokemon.

That's it! Why not replace Magikarp with Feebas? The evolution is still strong but there isn't a Marvel Scale so people will not use it ^_^

I love how everything goes right back to Gyarados.

One thing you could do is to remove Gyarados is just remove the event and make it a very rare catch from the the fishing spot in Peridot. Don't have the time for a silly Magikarp? Go save Panpour instead. No need to replace it.

I love how everything goes right back to Gyarados.

One thing you could do is to remove Gyarados is just remove the event and make it a very rare catch from the the fishing spot in Peridot. Don't have the time for a silly Magikarp? Go save Panpour instead. No need to replace it.

This. I actually agree with this.. just make Magikarp a really rare in that fishing pool and the problem is solved.

AND make it only available with the Good Rod! BAM!

This. This is how you should get Magikarp. You don't even need to make it rare. Just make it only obtainable through the good rod in some lake somewhere. That puts an appropriate timer on it.

Don't agree with the Good Rod thing.......

Good Rod pokes are typically higher levelled than Old Rod pokes....which means "yes, you wouldn't be able to use Gyrados in the early game" but also defeats the "struggle" of having to deal with an utterly useless Pokemon for a good while.

The main problem Magikarp has in this game is that it's a very prominent event, with a 100 percent success rate. If you were to place it as a rare catch (with the old rod for those that are patient, and thus, justly rewarded) it would be 1) out of the view early on in the game, forcing those that don't know about to actually have to look around for it and 2) make the water types they DO fish for more often, or save via event, more appealing early on to save time.

......Unless it's a RARE find. Just because you're using an Old Rod doesn't mean you're always catching a Magikarp. If that's all you know about Pokemon, you simply haven't used an Old Rod enough.

The point I'm getting at is, make the fishing rate so bad -while keeping the rod the same- that people see Panpour as a quick out instead instead of wasting a lot of time fishing.

Secondly, there's no reason to be catching a level 20- something Magikarp and NOT have to really deal with the pains of training a Magikarp in Reborn. At least with the old rod, after you get very lucky finding the thing, you -still- have to work at switch training it.

If you see a fisherman dude hanging out RIGHT NEXT TO THE EXIT of a Pokemon Center, your most likely going to talk to him. It's blatantly obvious how you get Magikarp in Reborn, meanwhile, nobody wastes their time with the old road unless they -really- want a lightningrod Goldeen...but with Magikarp right in front of the face, not very many people will want that Goldeen.

I'm a firm believer in the phrase "time is money." If you have nothing better to do but look for the 3% chance of a Magikarp that you still have to switch train forever, you DESERVE to keep your pokedollars after finding one.

Edited by W1ng3d_One

Really? You really just said that? Wow the catch rates for different Pokemon are (drums please) different? In my 12 years of playing Pokemon (from gen 1 to 6 never missed a single game) i didn't know that! (I'm being sarcastic btw). Now let's not fight over these things because (like i was saying) Ame will decide not me or you so it's simply pointless

Edited by Gaunt

Its ame to decide but i don't think presenting our ideas is pointless as she would get something of matter to ponder upon and ultimately choose the best and plausible storylines to different quests...to better the game

I too think magikarp should be available with an old rod at levels below 5 with a catch rate of something near 1

The magikarp event can also be replaced with a feebas considering you can only get milotic once you get a prism scale which is only possible if you have a poke of 51+ level with pickup (i am talking about ep10 or earlier here) or in other notions towards end of episode

I also find people talking about reserving strong pokemons for end game...if so do you want all the strong pokes introduced within 1-2 episodes towards end game...i certainly believe introducing a strong pokemon in a an upcoming episode if not 12 won't interrupt the storyline or for the matter of fact amethyst's stanistic designs

Edited by Darren

If you're going to make this an argument, Gaunt, I'm not going to take part. Allow me to clarify.

You either made the point that you think Magikarp is too good for the Old Rod (which is never the case according to GameFreak) or that you think the only way you should get Magikarp is by going broke and making it rain on some shady fisherman looking for a quick buck.

I don't want to make Magikarp effortless AT ALL. The whole problem we have is that Gyrados is too good for a game like Reborn early on.

I also don't want to put the Karp on a unnecessary pedestal that it doesn't belong on simply because it -evolves- into a monster.

If your willing to waste your time poking around for a Magikarp, then the time you spend hunting for it is your just payment, now you get to enjoy training the thing.

You wanna know what I feel is cheap? Getting a level 20 Magikarp with a Good Rod. Might as well be fishing for Gyrados itself at that point.

Now, feel free to waste your time pointing out where I stated the obvious and then assuming that my argument is based on said occurrences and nothing else. I'm done with this particular discussion..

Ahh why does this always happen when i try to be nice and explain my point? Well doesn't matter (as in i don't care) i already tried to stop the "argument" so why do you continue? Our opinions are different and will not change so yeah it's better to stop now (for real eh).