What pokemon you think will be added in ep. 16 ?

Nan

......Unless it's a RARE find. Just because you're using an Old Rod doesn't mean you're always catching a Magikarp. If that's all you know about Pokemon, you simply haven't used an Old Rod enough.

The point I'm getting at is, make the fishing rate so bad -while keeping the rod the same- that people see Panpour as a quick out instead instead of wasting a lot of time fishing.

Secondly, there's no reason to be catching a level 20- something Magikarp and NOT have to really deal with the pains of training a Magikarp in Reborn. At least with the old rod, after you get very lucky finding the thing, you -still- have to work at switch training it.

If you see a fisherman dude hanging out RIGHT NEXT TO THE EXIT of a Pokemon Center, your most likely going to talk to him. It's blatantly obvious how you get Magikarp in Reborn, meanwhile, nobody wastes their time with the old road unless they -really- want a lightningrod Goldeen...but with Magikarp right in front of the face, not very many people will want that Goldeen.

I'm a firm believer in the phrase "time is money." If you have nothing better to do but look for the 3% chance of a Magikarp that you still have to switch train forever, you DESERVE to keep your pokedollars after finding one.

That's a pretty cool idea, but you have to remember Ame doesn't like rare pokemon, she changed up all the old 3% pokemon so they appear uncommonly at certain times of the day or other places (Yamma now appears in the morning nidos are now uncommon in the wasteland tunnels) and with the exception of evolved pokemon the lowest encounter rate is 10% i believe. Still a cool idea though and it would be a breath of fresh air to see more diversity in more peoples teams.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milotic. I don't care when you get it, I don't care how hard it is to get, I DON'T EVEN CARE IF YOU HAVE TO GET IT LIKE YOU DO IN EMERALD. Just DON'T put her in the aftergame like they did in EVERY OFFICIAL POKEMON GAME SINCE EMERALD!

Sorry, I just really like Milotic.

Edited by Eagleby18

I don't want to make Magikarp effortless AT ALL. The whole problem we have is that Gyrados is too good for a game like Reborn early on.

I also don't want to put the Karp on a unnecessary pedestal that it doesn't belong on simply because it -evolves- into a monster.

While I like that you're trying to find alternative solutions to the issue, while keeping with the theme of having to train Magikarp to level 20, my personal opinion is that like you said, Gyarados is way too good for the early game. The issue with making it rare is that people will still look for it (no matter how rare it is) and when they find it they'll still break the game with it. All this'll serve to do is stop less patient people from getting it and annoy the more patient people. I just wouldn't give them the option, even if it means essentially fishing for Gyarados. In my opinion Magikarp needs to be put on that pedestal.

Edited by Sheep93

While I like that you're trying to find alternative solutions to the issue, while keeping with the theme of having to train Magikarp to level 20, my personal opinion is that like you said, Gyarados is way too good for the early game. The issue with making it rare is that people will still look for it (no matter how rare it is) and when they find it they'll still break the game with it. All this'll serve to do is stop less patient people from getting it and annoy the more patient people. I just wouldn't give them the option, even if it means essentially fishing for Gyarados. In my opinion Magikarp needs to be put on that pedestal.

Before I break response down Sheep, I totally understand that viewpoint. Around Reborn, Gyrados is literally Simon Peter if Pidgeot is Bird Jesus.

"people will still look for it" - Well, naturally, this is so. The thing is, now, the game -WANTS- to -GIVE- you the Karp. Even the barely adventurous Pokemon Trainer knows that if a guy is trying to sell you a Pokemon, it's probably Magikarp. The difference with having to fish for it is you probably have to actually -hunt- for the fishing spot. I personally think Gyrados is so good because it has a spotlight on it from the very beginning. If you get rid of the event and make the Karp more obscure, that's the first step to making the game better,

"stop less patient people from getting it." - As evil as this may sound of me, that's a goal. Now we're getting to where we are weeding away potential users, and this will mean that the other Water type pokemon are getting a better look. This is progress and it should be duly noted.

"annoy the more patient people" - There's a trade-off here as well. Remember how you used to get gauged for cash in order to get the thing? Your perseverance for actually fishing is that the price has completely dropped (or Ame could make the fisherman charge you 200 pokedollars for five casts, to sort of insinuate that there may be goodies in the reservoir while not spoiling the surprise...if the catch rate was a little bit less steep than I am imagining.) I would rather spend time myself training my pokemon and progressing through the story, so if getting a potentially gamebreaking pokemon is a burden, then it feels more like a reward for my efforts as opposed to a wrongfully placed Pokemon. That's partially why Gyrados is so gamebreaking. Everyone who talks to random npcs knows that it's available. Ame could pull an update like this and -not- tell people where the Karp has been moved at all.

Magikarp is a "special" Pokemon that practically jumps from one side of the spectrum to the other (I also think Gardevoir has the same complex, and ironically, their next on the chopping block together) I don't think people should be punished for raising one because for a while, it -is- indeed a burden, but I think it's issues stem from overexposure and predictable circumstance as much as others see it as being too effective.

I guess the best answer to Gyarados would be moving it away from the start of the game.

Maybe making a new event for it in the future. Put it in the city after Agate, at level 1, and as a trade. But a trade like this:

"Oh, i have this Magikarp and it's useless. I have no patience to train it."

Guy/Girl/Person looks at you

"Oh hey, you're a trainer right? Want to trade pokes?

"I give my Magikarp for a Hydreigon"

And then you're like:

post-1-0-81957400-1399336501.gif

Problem solved, and we all shall use Azumarill.

I actually had no trouble not using gyarados at all in this runthrough. Probably because I ran with a Froakie as a starter.

But PLEASE Ame don't take away Gardevoir. Ralts and Kirlia are absolutely horrible to deal with until you're level 30; the payoff is worth it.

Magikarp is a "special" Pokemon that practically jumps from one side of the spectrum to the other (I also think Gardevoir has the same complex, and ironically, their next on the chopping block together) I don't think people should be punished for raising one because for a while, it -is- indeed a burden, but I think it's issues stem from overexposure and predictable circumstance as much as others see it as being too effective.

I didn't quote your whole post 'cause that would be way too long.

Honestly, you make quite the compelling argument. I particularly like the piece I have quoted about Gyarados' over-diagnosis to the generic struggling player as a large contributing factor to it's overuse, rather than simple effectiveness alone. It's something I hadn't considered and should have considered, seeing as I've never actually used it in Reborn at all and am basing my own arguments on what I've seen on the forums, potentially leading to my own viewpoint becoming biased by that same overexposure. Even so, something doesn't have to be good to be often used, people simply have to recommend (enough times) that others use it.

The main reason I'd like to see it entirely disappear from the beginning of the game is for the sake of diversity rather than for the difficulty of the game. One of the things about Reborn that I like the most is the way it prompts the player to make use of pokemon (at least in the early game) that wouldn't even be considered ordinarily. The vast number of recommendations that Kricketune and Emolga get is proof of that. However, the ubiquity of players using Gyarados to assist them in the early game detracts from this. You are correct in saying that the sorts of changes you propose would decrease Gyarados' usage and potentially reward those willing to work hard seeking it but I'm not convinced that it would decrease it by a large enough margin (for my own tastes anyway). As I've said before my solution would be to simply postpone the point at which you can receive it.

Regardless, Ame's already come up with a solution to this issue so I guess the only thing to do is to wait and see what happens.

Edited by Sheep93

• Veterans

Riolu and Deino i dont give a shit what you say i did not get riolu in episode 10 i didnt even know if it was in the game yet

and deino is actually a good choice to put in the game as it has magikarp syndromeut 10x worse as its a crap pokemon till lv 50 where it gets decent but the real reward goes to the patient and creepy ones who have enough free time to train one up to lv 64 where it becomes a beast of mass destruction

I didn't quote your whole post 'cause that would be way too long.

Honestly, you make quite the compelling argument. I particularly like the piece I have quoted about Gyarados' over-diagnosis to the generic struggling player as a large contributing factor to it's overuse, rather than simple effectiveness alone. It's something I hadn't considered and should have considered, seeing as I've never actually used it in Reborn at all and am basing my own arguments on what I've seen on the forums, potentially leading to my own viewpoint becoming biased by that same overexposure. Even so, something doesn't have to be good to be often used, people simply have to recommend (enough times) that others use it.

The main reason I'd like to see it entirely disappear from the beginning of the game is for the sake of diversity rather than for the difficulty of the game. One of the things about Reborn that I like the most is the way it prompts the player to make use of pokemon (at least in the early game) that wouldn't even be considered ordinarily. The vast number of recommendations that Kricketune and Emolga get is proof of that. However, the ubiquity of players using Gyarados to assist them in the early game detracts from this. You are correct in saying that the sorts of changes you propose would decrease Gyarados' usage and potentially reward those willing to work hard seeking it but I'm not convinced that it would decrease it by a large enough margin (for my own tastes anyway). As I've said before my solution would be to simply postpone the point at which you can receive it.

Regardless, Ame's already come up with a solution to this issue so I guess the only thing to do is to wait and see what happens.

Seriously people whats with the rage about gyarados i havnt used it once in my runs and i got through the game just fine

lets see hey Vinny gonna try a mono Water type run after school today give me tips about what pokemon to use

off topic i know but yeah :)

• 2 weeks later...

If I'm correct the level cap now is 70 and Ame is staunch on not letting most pokemon on the OU tier in the game yet but I think we are deep enough in the game that certain Pokemon with ridiculous level conditions should be allowed. See Deino. But as for pokemon we might actually get

• Any Ice-Type Pokemon (not in the game) is a possibility if Team Meteor does something involving ice with their machines. The only reason I make this claim is because we have done Fire, Grass, and Psychic machines.
  • Gurdurr, Mienfoo, since we are in a mountain, every pokemon game has fighting pokemon in mountains.
  • Slowpoke for lolz.
  • Golurk or Pawniard again Team Meteor theory
  • Ruffet because Level 54 as an event to boot
  • Druddigon because I think this would troll everyone asking for a dragon in the mountains.
  • Finally if Ame is merciful she would put Axew as an event but I think that would be next episode or two episodes down.

I hope I am 40% right

Edited by Doxaanima

if you think train a deino to lv 64 is painful, imo building its moveset even more painful :(, face it, outside dragon pulse and dark pulse (tks god ame gave us this in epi 11), it needs A LOT OF BREEDING to make itself become one-man-show in game. those 2 moves got poor coverage. what else??? u can mix it with outrage- but who use outrage when d.pulse can always does better damage? we CAN'T get earth power to it yet (trust me, no-way-at-all), and maybe u can breed charizard with a female deino for it to learn flamethrower or fire blast. now that's something useful tho (IF ONLY YOU CHOOSE CHAMANDER FROM START). but it need.....10000 steps to hatch (if u can get flame body, still 5000 steps), and at least 10-15 eggs average to have a good IVs one. and it's realllllly hurt.....:( so even if i can get one, no-way i will build it and train it. too much effort and the result is not quite as you expect really. basically its usefulness is poor not because i underestimated it, but it cannot reach the useful TM or tutor like in normal game

if you think train a deino to lv 64 is painful, imo building its moveset even more painful :(, face it, outside dragon pulse and dark pulse (tks god ame gave us this in epi 11), it needs A LOT OF BREEDING to make itself become one-man-show in game. those 2 moves got poor coverage. what else??? u can mix it with outrage- but who use outrage when d.pulse can always does better damage? we CAN'T get earth power to it yet (trust me, no-way-at-all), and maybe u can breed charizard with a female deino for it to learn flamethrower or fire blast. now that's something useful tho (IF ONLY YOU CHOOSE CHAMANDER FROM START). but it need.....10000 steps to hatch (if u can get flame body, still 5000 steps), and at least 10-15 eggs average to have a good IVs one. and it's realllllly hurt..... :( so even if i can get one, no-way i will build it and train it. too much effort and the result is not quite as you expect really. basically its usefulness is poor not because i underestimated it, but it cannot reach the useful TM or tutor like in normal game

I would love to have a Deino but Ame said Deino doesn't make an appearance in ep. 12... maybe ep. 13 then.

Actually Vinny, im partial to sneasel myself. Ice/Dark-typing makes it VERY useful as Flying, Psychic, and Ground killer.

@NaN: Seeing as this is a pretty late episode as it is, 8 badges in and what not, we should be able to start getting some pretty decent pokemon. Braviary isnt the best, especially the fact you have to

1. Hatch it from an egg
  2. it evolves in the 50s
  3. Its speed and special defense are lackluster at best
  4. 'MURICA

its gots its ups and downs, but i personally feel that this would be a suitable time to get Rufflet/Braviary. It wouldnt be a mainstay of your team, more of a rotation if anything. I like Braviary, he sweeped the fighting elite four in my white 2 run, but here....i dont know if he would have that same niche, since most of his moves that would help with coverage come from TMs, the only moves he learns other than Flying and Normal Type are Superpower and Hone Claws.

Same here I need reaper cloth to evolve my powerful duskclops " defense and confuse ray will win battle"

I don't think they will bring Riolu back just yet, but I'd really like to see that in the game again. I think it was kinda silly to replace it with Darumaka, considering there are a lot more Lucario fans for one, and the guy who gave it to you used Fighting-types, yet he got a new Darumaka which is NOT a Fighting-type... I'm not saying Darmanitan is bad or anything, it's a monster, but I think it could have been put elsewhere. I want Riolu back, don't care how.

I also really want Deino. I'm not expecting to see it until near the end of the game since Lin has a Hydreigon, but I'd like to see Deino some point soon too. I have my own idea of a perfect team for me and Riolu and Deino are the only 2 on it I don't have yet. I want to get them in the next episode so they don't get left behind level-wise and I can finally play Reborn with my dream team. :]

Same here I need reaper cloth to evolve my powerful duskclops " defense and confuse ray will win battle"

totally agree. the confused status is OP in-game. 50%. ridiculous. but why don't you expect for eviolet?? duclops with eviolets is MUCH bulkier than dusknoir

totally agree. the confused status is OP in-game. 50%. ridiculous. but why don't you expect for eviolet?? duclops with eviolets is MUCH bulkier than dusknoir

Can I you give me the location of one that will would be helpful I let it hold a item to be boost attack for thunderpunch plainning to use him to destroy the flying gym.

I really really want Dragalge. I miss my tanky fairy-slayer man. Cammie is the difference between winning and losing for me in the metagame on Y sometimes, and she'd be a huge help in RB I think ;3;. Other than that, I don't really care what gets added, but I will revolt if Ame takes my Noivern XD

I really really want Dragalge. I miss my tanky fairy-slayer man. Cammie is the difference between winning and losing for me in the metagame on Y sometimes, and she'd be a huge help in RB I think ;3;. Other than that, I don't really care what gets added, but I will revolt if Ame takes my Noivern XD

Reading that post gave me eye cancer.

Throh and Sawk should be introduced as they trained in mountains and maybe some other fighting types. Maybe a event for rulio. Since there a circus may have to free a pokemon from being abused or something just a shot in the dark

1. I have to say this. The topic of Honedge came up and I realized that Ame was creating the big top. Wouldn't it only be natural for there to be a sword swallower anyone? You could put a honedge in there. Also can't wait to battle Ciel, see Terra (WHAT THE F**K IS A PHYSICS) in action and I also saw Samson's sprite in there. Can't wait for 12

Yup, just like I want my Bisharp and Vinny wants his Weavile. Ame sure enjoys to make us suffer :l.

Let us band together and kidnap Ame. We will hold her against her will and make her eat lima beans until she gives us our babies. >8D I would also like Weavile. Weavile was boss on my 5th gen team <3 I have not used a Bisharp yet *3*

1. I have to say this. The topic of Honedge came up and I realized that Ame was creating the big top. Wouldn't it only be natural for there to be a sword swallower anyone? You could put a honedge in there. Also can't wait to battle Ciel, see Terra (WHAT THE F**K IS A PHYSICS) in action and I also saw Samson's sprite in there. Can't wait for 12

Aegislash is too good. No way we're going to see it so soon. I think it's going to be one of the hardest event pokemon in the future. But hey, what do i know? :I

Let us band together and kidnap Ame. We will hold her against her will and make her eat lima beans until she gives us our babies. >8D I would also like Weavile. Weavile was boss on my 5th gen team <3 I have not used a Bisharp yet *3*

The right way would be: We kidnap Ame and we make her watch Budew dancing until she gives up.

budew.gif