Community Battles / Overseer Files Story Expansion Mod (In-Development)

Dred

• Global Mods
24 minutes ago, CaptainLex said:

I want to try this out but I have an important question regarding sprites. Would there be a template for us to use just so we can try making custom sprites? 

Any of the sprites from rejuv can be used as a template.

• Global Mods
30 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Real question is, how many hours since last submitted Smogon team. 

There has been 10 new submissions that we haven't gone over yet since last night, so you will find out when we check over them again. I pray for sanity that there are none. 

8 minutes ago, pokemonfangames said:

I'm having trouble getting showdown to let me enter invalid items (2 seeds and a crest), it just resets them to the previous item as soon as leave the editing screen for that specific pokemon

can anyone assist with this?

Step 1: Use "Upload to Pokepaste" button on the Showdown. Copy your entire team's info in there. 
Step 2: Open clean Pokepaste page, it should have the menu from the Spoiler to the right. 
Step 3: Paste your previously copied team info into the clean page, now on this page you can freely write in any items like Seeds, Crests, Aevian forms e.t.c. 

Spoiler

paste.thumb.jpg.1ee9ddae386ea4426291389aaf464726.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Same, i've been helping couple of my friends to make extras since they aren't that into theorycrafting and it's hard for them to go through the Fields, but it's not the same as your own. I understand why it is, because every community member need a chance to have his own team and having multiple from one person limits amount of people, but even so it would be nice to submit more. 

• Global Mods

The main reason it's limited to 1 per person is because we've had people submit up to 10+ teams. Not only would it be extremely unfair (since our goal is to have a max of 3 teams per field, but that isn't working out very well), but it also creates a LOT more work for me and the other devs, since we need to go through every team, evaluate it, make changes and recommendations, code and event it into the game, and test it. And with the current 100+ submissions, I feel that it would be more like 250+ if we allowed multiple from what I've seen in our modding thread tbh. 

As one of the people who submitted a bunch i apologize but it also was before it was specified you can do one, so i feel it kinda cancels itself. I feel like with now clearer rules it should be less of an issue. 

But yeah even with understanding of the reasons it feels like a shame since one team can only do and showcase only so much. Even within just one field i always had multiple ideas of what to play around and had to decide on one or two of them. 

7 minutes ago, ClaraTheCriminal said:

I'm just annoyed that the moment I submitted my Crystal Cavern team, the next time I check there's been 3 other teams submitted

To be fair crystal cavern is a fun field, sadly fields are not equal. No wonder no one want corrosive mist. 

9 hours ago, Cyphre said:

As one of the people who submitted a bunch i apologize but it also was before it was specified you can do one, so i feel it kinda cancels itself. I feel like with now clearer rules it should be less of an issue. 

But yeah even with understanding of the reasons it feels like a shame since one team can only do and showcase only so much. Even within just one field i always had multiple ideas of what to play around and had to decide on one or two of them. 

You're the opposite of me then. 😅

When I make a team for reborn/rejuv, I often just go into battle with Pokemon I like the most and proceed to face an uphill battle the entire fight. Making a team for this mod was the first time I ever really looked at how certain Pokemon interact with a field. I mostly just looked at a what the field could do and made a team that I think complimented separate aspects of it.