Pokemon Reborn: Nightmare Edition

KenzieEmm

There's a few errors that pop up, in fact. There's a magma grunt in 7th street and A double battle (Unavoidable) When you infiltrate Devon Corp that will hardlock your game and you'll need to reboot. Feels like this mod may be dead in the water until the creator returns.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm alive again! I had a brief bout with a breakthrough COVID infection that put me down for a few weeks, and then I don't have a good excuse for vanishing for the three months after that so let's get right into it!

Bugfixes!

• Chimecho no longer crashes the game
  • A!Feebas uses the correct sprites
  • Fixed Infernal Parade not burning correctly
  • Hopefully fixed a few crash-prone trainers
  • Blazing Soul now properly gives +1 priority instead of just the flag for having +1 priority

New Content!

• Crests have been reimplemented. Talk to the group of NPCs by the healing machine in Agate Circus to buy them!
  • Several Rejuvenation originals were too difficult to program correctly, including Vespiquen and Probopass. They aren't available yet. I've learned by now not to get too ambitious.
  • Serperior and Emboar have crests of their own, so that Samurott isn't lonely anymore
  • For mons with both crests and multiple forms, the crest effect applies to any version of the mon in question!
  • I will start putting together a location guide for the main post this week if time allows

Full Download

To update from an earlier version, just unpack the attached zip into the game's main folder

Update.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gonna hop in to ask, but uh. Doesn't seem like Galarian Linoone's able to evolve to Obstagoon? Pretty sure I fulfilled the requirements for evolution, which is 35 or above and night but it's not working period unless there are some additional requirements. Aside from that, is there any headsup on the pokemon locations? Peeking at the encounters PBS file lets me single out any wild encounters for Gen 8 mons, so that's not too bad but I don't have any inkling on any event mons, so it's harder for those, particularly the Gen 8 starters and such.

Edit, In hindsight, I missed the fact that the alternate form want the plates to evolve, but as far as I've tested, it doesn't seem to work? Petilil holding the Fist Plate doesn't evolve into H-Lilligant when Sun Stone is used, same goes for Stantler into Wyrdeer, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

just had an interesting bug where my hisuian zoroark turned into a regular zoroark. it's not just a visual change, its dark type and everything. It happened some time between charolette's gym and just after meeting cal again, since I hadnt used it in that timeframe.

edit: went back to a previous save and it didn't happen again, I'm not sure what it was that caused it to change

• 2 weeks later...

having finished reborn using this mod I gotta say I really appreciate a lot of the changes. florina with cacturne (as well as setting grassy terrain early in the fight) is the most memorable thing for me, but there's a lot of smaller things like the stat changes increasing the difficulty of regular encounters, as well as megas being added earlier on. Trainers often are a little bit ahead of the power curve that you could be expected to be at which feels natural for reborn. I feel like mega medicham might fit kiki more than machamp but its difficult for me to judge how that fight's meant to play out since I was able to set up and sweep her with no difficulty thanks to zoroark. very fun mod thank you for your time umu

On 12/29/2022 at 2:14 PM, Faangzzz said:

just had an interesting bug where my hisuian zoroark turned into a regular zoroark. it's not just a visual change, its dark type and everything. It happened some time between charolette's gym and just after meeting cal again, since I hadnt used it in that timeframe.

edit: went back to a previous save and it didn't happen again, I'm not sure what it was that caused it to change

also I was able to fix this with debug since it did change to the unovian form again. if this issue happens you can set the form to 000 to change it to regular zoroark and 001 for hisuian zoroark.

seems a few abilities dont wanna work properly, most notably bull rush, it causes an error code to pop up and the battle continues as if my turn was ignored

also toxic thread isnt lowering speed or poisoning the target unlike what the description implies