Pokemon Reborn: Nightmare Edition

KenzieEmm

• Global Mods
Just now, KenzieEmm said:

No need to apologize! I have a tendency to rush off to get work done without fully thinking things through. I've added a download for that as well.

Got it installed, it looks awesome so far!
Figured I'd bring this to you as soon as possible however, set four of the crests crashes upon clicking it, item "EMPKCREST" is not valid. I assume the K is not supposed to be there, and is probably just as simple fix! 

Also you included your mods folder in the download for it, not sure if that was intended or not. 

EDIT: Fixed the error with the crest shop, two crest's had typo's, and were crashing due to it not detecting. Map update is linked below. 

Captur11111111e.PNG

(FIXED) Map007.rxdata

43 minutes ago, Dred said:

Got it installed, it looks awesome so far!
Figured I'd bring this to you as soon as possible however, set four of the crests crashes upon clicking it, item "EMPKCREST" is not valid. I assume the K is not supposed to be there, and is probably just as simple fix! 

Also you included your mods folder in the download for it, not sure if that was intended or not. 

EDIT: Fixed the error with the crest shop, two crest's had typo's, and were crashing due to it not detecting. Map update is linked below. 

Captur11111111e.PNG

(FIXED) Map007.rxdata 7.93 kB · 1 download

Thanks for the fix! It'll be in the main files whenever Google finishes uploading it.

And yeah, the mods folder wasn't supposed to be there. I needed debug to compile it and forgot to remove the folder after. I'm not very good at this yet

• Global Mods
Just now, KenzieEmm said:

Thanks for the fix! It'll be in the main files whenever Google finishes uploading it.

And yeah, the mods folder wasn't supposed to be there. I needed debug to compile it and forgot to remove the folder after. I'm not very good at this yet

Cherrim crest at the Sweet Scent Flower Shop also crashes upon interaction with the shop dealer.

Also for future reference, I'd recommend just putting files you've edited into its respective folder, rather than the entire game file, saves you, and others time, and you don't need to wait on Google to upload, and over all is just a lot better for navigation on bugs and such

EDIT: Fixed the Cherrim Crest too, damn comma's... 

Cap12131231231ture.PNG

(FIXED) Map322.rxdata

• Global Mods

Ariados Crest breaks upon trying to attack an opponent.
edit1: doing anything with Ariados out will cause this error. 
edit 1.5: This happens even when not holding the crest. 

Capture11111.PNG

2 hours ago, Dred said:

Ariados Crest breaks upon trying to attack an opponent.
edit1: doing anything with Ariados out will cause this error. 
edit 1.5: This happens even when not holding the crest. 

Capture11111.PNG

It was just another formatting error :[

I hate how finicky code is. Anyways I'm switching over to folders like you suggested to make it easier to patch things

PokeBattle_Battler.rb

I download the one from the drive (idk if it's any better this way, have to compress it to a zip before I download so..), it's giving me this error on opening :

Script 'script yeetifier pro' line 272: Errno::ENOENT occurred.

No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - Scripts/Reborn/Connect&Register&Login&New.rb

I didn't try any mods or anything, I do play on an offline computer; do you think that's the reason?

I tried a previous version yesterday, and it worked till I got into a battle - the fixes looked good so I wanted to give it another chance...

Edit: I managed to get it running by pasting it over a fresh copy of reborn idk what was missing.

I had a weird thing happened with Magcargo, I had set her ability to Simple (I saw it in the debug/thought it'd be cool, don't see it in your Pokemon changes so probably completely my fault) (moves: cotton guard, amnesia, baton pass, and flame burst) and was using the Crest - the game didn't crash but it wouldn't let me use her moves in battle.  

Edit: took off the crest, still an issue; took off simple, and kept crest on, still issues; no Crest no Simple, still issues... maybe it's the moves?

Edit2: I reset her initial moves list and moves, still a problem - I'll just Box her for now.

Edit3: Enemy at the circus, his Claydol's Psychic was doing absolutely nothing, like it caused a skip but I was able to move after and kill it easy, still something to bring to attention.

It doesn't seem that the gmax megas work properly, when I try it with at least Lapras the mega symbol doesn't appear for it to be activated 

edit: claydol crest check seems to be VERY broken when an enemy trainer sends out a claydol, with or without the crest

Edited by Maverillion

I was able to figure out what the formatting error was and fix it myself. I believe I also cleared up the issues that claydol was having. While I was poking around though, I noticed that the additional sniper damage from the fearow crest only procs on critical hits, instead of applying 100% of the time like in rejuv. Is that intentional?

image.png.c6f631818da75a27d3db6d73aefe8346.png

PokeBattle_Move.rb

• Like 1

Crests were entirely too broken and were causing everything around them to break. This entire thing needed more time in the oven, but I didn't want to scuttle the entire thing just yet. So I've removed the crests for now. They'll be back eventually once I'm more confident in my ability to code them properly.

I'm really attached to my Meganium with her Crest so I'll probably keep playing the older version until I get modded skyrim levels of crashing. Looking forward to future updates, really love what you have - Samson having a that fkn Machamp was a 'nice' suprise.

Edit: I didn't make it too long... the second pair of Grunts, that you fight with Cal when heading to the top of Amertine, their team couldn't load. Was really fun while it lasted :) 

Gonna miss that Meganium, she was really OP (not really, Charlotte kicked her ass), plz don't nurf.

Nice work! Will try it out as soon as it gets more stable and the crests get reintroduced (liked the idea from rejuvenation).

Unfortunately I dislike some of these buffs though as they don't seem very well balanced. Especially those who get both a crest and another boost (like some combination of new/changed abilities and crests are very op). Don't know if that is intended or not. Especially because some other Pokémon just get pretty inconsequential changes which seems odd. 

Still good job for introducing gen 8, Aevian forms and crests!

Since I love the work you're doing with these I'll give my two pieces since you're working on the crests right now.

So Ledian and Ramparados crests are ridiculously broken. Ledian's crest used to be balanced when it only had 35 base atk, but now with 75 its too strong. Ramparados always 1 shots pretty much so it gets a free ddance every kill is too op, plus the healings is too much. Maybe for Ledian reduce damage by 50% each punch and for Ramparados remove the atk increase.

Keep it up!

edit: For the mega lapras update, once you mega Lapras will be perma-megaed.

Edited by Maverillion

1 hour ago, Maverillion said:

Since I love the work you're doing with these I'll give my two pieces since you're working on the crests right now.

So Ledian and Ramparados crests are ridiculously broken. Ledian's crest used to be balanced when it only had 35 base atk, but now with 75 its too strong. Ramparados always 1 shots pretty much so it gets a free ddance every kill is too op, plus the healings is too much. Maybe for Ledian reduce damage by 50% each punch and for Ramparados remove the atk increase.

Keep it up!

edit: For the mega lapras update, once you mega Lapras will be perma-megaed.

The Lapras thing was my bad, I keep forgetting that the cleanup scripts for form changing is handled outside the multipleforms file. So the main download was fixed but not the update file. You can just use this to fix that. And thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Edit: Aevian Lapras still thinks it's a mega. I'll take a graphical bug over the thing being unplayable

PokeBattle_Battler.rb

Edited by KenzieEmm

3 hours ago, Selesia said:

do you plan to implement hisiuan forms? i'd love to play with a hisiuan zoroark or lilligant 

The code is there for hisiuan, just the models are backwards and the maps are not coded in for where it spawns, I can mess around with it to make at least Zoroark work but idk not too fluent with Reborn's code, so might be buggy, and need Kenzie's permission for that as well.

15 hours ago, Maverillion said:

The code is there for hisiuan, just the models are backwards and the maps are not coded in for where it spawns, I can mess around with it to make at least Zoroark work but idk not too fluent with Reborn's code, so might be buggy, and need Kenzie's permission for that as well.

Go right ahead with that. Zoroark wasn't breaking anything so all it needs to be implemented is to add an encounter with it.

As for the rest of them, @Selesia, I'm hoping to get them out this weekend. They still won't have back sprites since I can't draw, but they'll be perfectly functional nonetheless

10 minutes ago, Hakimblue99 said:

Sorry for being dumb, but the gmax mega stats you displayed, I assume are arranged in this order, right?

HP Att Def SpecialA SpecialD Speed

It is HP Atk Def Speed SpAtk SpDef

Probably not the most intuitive,but that's the way it's arranged in the game data

• Thanks 1

It's time for an update! All the new mons and forms through Crown Tundra and Legends: Arceus have been added, as have the rest of the Aevian forms except for Sandygast and Palossand for now. For the new Hisui forms that evolve from a normal mon, you can get them by evolving them while they're holding a Plate based on the typing of the Hisuian form. So if you use a Leaf Stone on a Petilil that's holding a Fist Plate, you get a Hisuian Lilligant, or if you get a Rufflet to level 52 while it has a Mind Plate, it will evolve into Hisuian Braviary.

The new Move Tutors from the Isle of Armor can be found just south of Mosswater Market post-renovation.

New mons can be found here:

Spoiler
  • A fisherman in the Grand Hall will sell you an A-Feebas
  • H-Voltorb can be found via headbutt in Beryl Cemetery
  • H-Growlithe can be found at the summit of Pyrous Mountain
  • H-Zorua can be found via event in Citrine Mountain 2F
  • A-Mareep can be found via random encounters in Citrine Mountain
  • A-Lampent can be found via random encounters in the locked room in the Abandoned Power Plant
  • A-Lapras can be found in Iolia Valley in Sableye's room
  • Kubfu can be obtained from Azer after beating all 25 spirits. It can also be bred if you want both forms. Level it up for Single Strike, level it up with a Splash Plate for Rapid Strike

EDIT: Google Drive has flagged the update folder as malicious, so for now you'll have to download the main file, at least until the appeal goes through. No clue why it's doing that, the update folder is literally just the data, scripts, icons, and battlers folders from the main thing

Edited by KenzieEmm
  • Like 2