Kuro and Lucia are headed to Reborn!

Amethyst

I support this 100%. I know that if I was pretty much anything besides white, I would probably want to play as a character who looked like me. I love the new characters (except DJ's hair...) and I'm especially excited for the update to my character's appearance. (I still don't know if I prefer the new or old overworld sprites for the white male, though...)

Edited by Flux

Arc's not going to change his appearance for one person.

Why would he? Not every DJ needs to look the same.

True that. xD Still... that blonde patch of hair really needs some treatment. I know that feel. Remember when I said my skin color's a bit different? Well, curly hair comes with it. (Mine's more of wavy with curls, not coily. I'm on the white side of Latino, you see. But whatevs.)

I usually just leave my hair au naturale. Trying to perm your hair when it's ultra-coily never ends up looking like naturally straight hair. And if it does, you have to do it... pretty much every other day. Not fun. And no, hair gel would not fix it. An afro-mohawk would work better on him. It's totally doable, just look at Chris Tucker.

...I don't speak from personal experience, though. Arc can do whatever he wants.

(Discussing hairstyles on a discussion on ethnocentrism. Because discussions on ethnocentrism are too mainstream.)

Edited by Manes

I liked how ame gave the colored characters a Japanese style look instead of giving them some random blue afro like they did with the 2nd gym leader in b&w. But not sure about the whole learning to not idolize white people thing, any person of ethnicity only needs to crack open the first page of a history book to learn not to idolize white people

Edited by EternalJinn

I liked how ame gave the colored characters a Japanese style look instead of giving them some random blue afro like they did with the 2nd gym leader in b&w. But not sure about the whole learning to not idolize white people thing, any person of ethnicity only needs to crack open the first page of a history book to learn not to idolize white people

It's not racist if they're white right, guys, right? Guys?

• Upvote 1

What does it tell you when almost every African-American voice actor for Disney before the year 2000 was hired to play the voice of an animal, not a human?

Not trynna be funny or nothin', but my man Baloo can't be voiced by no white man.

the lack of thought/research/self-driven education put into most of the more controversial posts in this thread is making self-inflicted liver failure sound like a better and better idea

like the sprites though

wow a new main characters are arrived I can't believe it.....But replacement of the old main characters are not fair matee I wish

this is a option of choose main characters Madam AME Please don't remove the 2 old main characters instead we can choose the 2 main characters...... :( :( :(

Edited by ayamatsuno143

Not trynna be funny or nothin', but my man Baloo can't be voiced by no white man.

I got bad news for you.

The only person that should be allowed to do that is Wes and the other guy. But Wes is just badass.

Now I wish we could get a snag machine...