Reborn(E19) and Rejuvenation(V13): Geography and Timeline

KingInfernal

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking on Tumblr some question about Reborn because i don't have nothing better to do with my life for curiosity, and then i found this.

A guy asks Ame where Reborn fits in canon timeline. And Ame replies so:

that is such a gap. anyway, it has to be quite a bit after XD, i’d imagine like 8-10 years or so? but as usual it’s deliberately a bit vague

She says that Reborn takes place 8/10 years after XD, and XD takes place around 5 years after the Kanto/Hoenn events, wich means that Reborn is set 13/15 years after gen 1/3 games. This also means that Shelly is probably already born during HGSS events, considering that the game takes place 3 years after gen 1/3 and 2 years before XD.

clarkson.jpg

I will update the post with this new information when i've some free time.

Edited by KingInfernal

1 hour ago, KingInfernal said:

This also means that Shelly is probably already born during HGSS events,

Shelly is Bugsy's younger sister. 

In Reborn, she's 12 while in Johto events, Bugsy is around 12 as well (more like 10-12, but still) 

That means:

- during the evens of Johto games, Shelly was a toddler or little child (from a few months to 2 years) 

- in Reborn, Bugsy must be somewhere around in his early 20s'

...crap...

I've made Bugsy in my Reborn fanfic an non-adult teenager, while he's actually older than Oscar (protag, my OC). 

Of course, that won't stop me from having Oscar bullying Bugsy for him neglecting Shelly and threatening to destroy his entire career. Which he CAN do - being an Ambassador of PWA and Lance's good friend. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Shelly is Bugsy's younger sister. 

In Reborn, she's 12 while in Johto events, Bugsy is around 12 as well (more like 10-12, but still) 

That means:

- during the evens of Johto games, Shelly was a toddler or little child (from a few months to 2 years) 

- in Reborn, Bugsy must be somewhere around in his early 20s'

And she is at least 19 in Rejuvenation, older than Saki, Venam, Amber, Ren, etc.

On 2/20/2022 at 7:01 AM, KingInfernal said:

(Are Sinnoh games canon in Reborn and Rejuv?)

Is there any reason they can't be?

I don't expect PLA to be canon, due to coming out after Reborn and Rejuv's lore was set in stone, but does anything necessarily prevent modern Sinnoh from being canon?

• Hmm 1

8 hours ago, Cadmium48 said:

Is there any reason they can't be?

I don't expect PLA to be canon, due to coming out after Reborn and Rejuv's lore was set in stone, but does anything necessarily prevent modern Sinnoh from being canon?

The problem isn't Sinnoh it self, but the Sinnoh lore.

For Reborn this means that we have 2 Arceus, one fallen from a meteorite and one born at the top of mt Coronet. Is also excluded the possibility of be the same Arceus because, if i remember correctly, Ame said that Reborn is far away from Hoenn, which means that Sinnoh and Reborn are far apart. This also count for Giratina, in Platinum Giratina is locked in the distortion world, while i Reborn it's retreated in the south est part of the region.

For Rejuv the situation is a bit more long.

Rejuv confirm the existence of (atleast) three different Arceus: one is in possession of the Reborn MC,  before the events of Reborn he lied in the form of a meteorite(El diary describes it as "a rock") hundreds of meters under Reborn City; another one is the Archetype, it is in possession of

Spoiler

Allen, Eriena(Erin), Alice and Maria(Melia?) since 47/57 years ago, and before that was in possession of Anathea family, which means that can't be the sinnoh one. It's also true that Nymiera describes it as "the Arceus everyone knows" but, like i already said in this tread, in Reborn never worshiped the Archetype, wich means that we have to take her words lightly;

and in the end we have 

Spoiler

Adrest. At the start i thought that he was the Sinnoh Arceus, because Nymiera says that disintegrated in the atmosphere, and i thought tha this meant that he was ended in the Origin Hall, but then is confirmed that is a guy with the power of change the fate inside us.

So we know that, lorewise, Sinnoh Arceus isn't confirmed exist, and it's funny because in game Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus are named Sinnoh Legendaries.

Speaking of PLA, seems to be coherent with Rejuv lore. I nevere played it, but i know that is said that the Arceus we know is just a piece of a bigger Deity, like in Rejuv. This means that there are more than just three Arceus. Is true that Nymiera tell us that the Original Deity was splitted in just three parts, but she also say that the meteorite and Adrest were dead, which is not true. As i said before:

we have to take her words lightly

because we don't know what is true in her story, neither how is this true.

Edited by KingInfernal

59 minutes ago, KingInfernal said:

The problem isn't Sinnoh it self, but the Sinnoh lore.

For Reborn this means that we have 2 Arceus, one fallen from a meteorite and one born at the top of mt Coronet. Is also excluded the possibility of be the same Arceus because, if i remember correctly, Ame said that Reborn is far away from Hoenn, which means that Sinnoh and Reborn are far apart. This also count for Giratina, in Platinum Giratina is locked in the distortion world, while i Reborn it's retreated in the south est part of the region.

For Rejuv the situation is a bit more long.

Rejuv confirm the existence of (atleast) three different Arceus: one is in possession of the Reborn MC,  before the events of Reborn he lied in the form of a meteorite(El diary describes it as "a rock") hundreds of meters under Reborn City; another one is the Archetype, it is in possession of

Reveal hidden contents

Allen, Eriena(Erin), Alice and Maria(Melia?) since 47/57 years ago, and before that was in possession of Anathea family, which means that can't be the sinnoh one. It's also true that Nymiera describes it as "the Arceus everyone knows" but, like i already said in this tread, in Reborn never worshiped the Archetype, wich means that we have to take her words lightly;

and in the end we have 

Reveal hidden contents

Adrest. At the start i thought that he was the Sinnoh Arceus, because Nymiera says that disintegrated in the atmosphere, and i thought tha this meant that he was ended in the Origin Hall, but then is confirmed that is a guy with the power of change the fate inside us.

So we know that, lorewise, Sinnoh Arceus isn't confirmed exist, and it's funny because in game Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus are named Sinnoh Legendaries.

Speaking of PLA, seems to be coherent with Rejuv lore. I nevere played it, but i know that is said that the Arceus we know is just a piece of a bigger Deity, like in Rejuv. This means that there are more than just one Arceus. Is true that Nymiera tell us that the Original Deity was splitted in just three parts, but she also say that the meteorite and Adrest were dead, which is not true. As i said before:

we have to take her words lightly

because we don't know what is true in her story, neither how is this true.

There is an theory that Arceus we can see and use is just "one of their arms", which consists only a piece of power of the Alpha One. 

But that contradicts with the multiple stories of Arceus' birth and creation. But neither GameFreak nor other creators are consistent with their creations. Like-... According to different lores, Arceus themselves have created: Hisui/Sinnoh, Ransei, Reborn, maybe Aevium, and some other regions I've forgotten. And in many cases, it is said to be different Arceus. 

Y-yeah, even if Original One had been split into three few thousand years ago, that's still not enough! Also-, what kind of meteor was that to defeat and split it? Was that the meteor from 12th movie, which actually managed to do it, or stronger one, as the former only managed to knock them out and kill had it not been for Damos? 

I know that's fanmade; non-canon, but it is very complicated. And also contradicts with the events of my headcanon and lore-... 

Everything else is nice, good. But that Arceus part is SO confusing - Jesus Christ... 

On 2/20/2022 at 1:01 PM, KingInfernal said:

Zina disappears

Wasn't she confirmed to be dead? And hinted that it was Sirius to kill her?

Her tombstone is seen on Beryl Cementery, and Sirius in Yureyu has confirmed to know Anna's father, calling him "a fool". Plus we know he was hunting for the keys... probably even before joining Team Meteor (because we don't know where that did happen, and how old Team Meteor exactly is): for Ruby Ring he murdered Elena, for Sapphire Bracelet he set Belrose mansion on fire, and for Amethyst Pendant... that. 

Still... We don't know if he killed (or tried to kill) someone for Emerald Brooch, which was in Elias' possession. He could (theorically) kill Elias' wife/fiancée (assuming he had one in the first place), but because of certain circumstances (like Solaris or Elias fighting back), he couldn't get it. 

Regardless, as of Reborn's V18 and Rejuvenation's V13, there's way too little info to claim something to be true

6 hours ago, Oscarus said:

There is an theory that Arceus we can see and use is just "one of their arms", which consists only a piece of power of the Alpha One. 

I know this theory. There is also one that say that the various types came from Ancient Giant defeated by Arceus

But that contradicts with the multiple stories of Arceus' birth and creation. But neither GameFreak nor other creators are consistent with their creations. Like-... According to different lores, Arceus themselves have created: Hisui/Sinnoh, Ransei, Reborn, maybe Aevium, and some other regions I've forgotten. And in many cases, it is said to be different Arceus. 

I think Arceus didn't create any region, they are just myths, and as a such the don't tell the reality. Remember that every people has different myths about the same thing, often also from the same group (I don't know if i can do references to real life religions, but i think you get what i mean)

Wasn't she confirmed to be dead? And hinted that it was Sirius to kill her?

Her tombstone is seen on Beryl Cementery, and Sirius in Yureyu has confirmed to know Anna's father, calling him "a fool". Plus we know he was hunting for the keys... probably even before joining Team Meteor (because we don't know where that did happen, and how old Team Meteor exactly is): for Ruby Ring he murdered Elena, for Sapphire Bracelet he set Belrose mansion on fire, and for Amethyst Pendant... that. 

Still... We don't know if he killed (or tried to kill) someone for Emerald Brooch, which was in Elias' possession. He could (theorically) kill Elias' wife/fiancée (assuming he had one in the first place), but because of certain circumstances (like Solaris or Elias fighting back), he couldn't get it. 

I was a bit doubious about it. Also i don't remember nothing from the Post Glass Guntlet scene, not because i didn't like it, because it's one of my favorite if not my favorite part of the game for now, but mainly because my brother decided to bother me right during the part with more lore.

Regardless, as of Reborn's V18 and Rejuvenation's V13, there's way too little info to claim something to be true

You are right, especially if we talk about Nymiera's story.

Edited by KingInfernal

33 minutes ago, KingInfernal said:

they are just myths, and as a such the don't tell the reality.

Still... Sometimes it is the only "logical" answer. Otherwise, how would you explain Ransei region being shaped EXACTLY LIKE ARCEUS?! 

34 minutes ago, KingInfernal said:

There is also one that say that the various types came from Ancient Giant defeated by Arceus

Ancient Giant... I've never heard of it. You mean Regigigas? Or that "Regialpha"? 

35 minutes ago, KingInfernal said:

Also i don't remember nothing from the Post Glass Guntlet scene, not because i didn't like it, because it's one of my favorite if not my favorite part of the game for now, but mainly because my brother decided to bother me right during the part with more lore.

F

13 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Still... Sometimes it is the only "logical" answer. Otherwise, how would you explain Ransei region being shaped EXACTLY LIKE ARCEUS?! 

Maybe i've explained myself badly. What i mean is that the fact Arceus creates the various regions is, in my opinion, false, but i'm convinced that every myth is based on a real event, just exaggerated and with the addition of various religious elements.

For Ransei... i don't think that Conquest is canon in both main-game and Reborn.

Edited by KingInfernal

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Farhan Ahmad said:

Now I want a cameo of reborn protag in rejuv 

I really doubt we will never see something like that unless they make that Rejuv can read Reborn's savefiles.

I haven't finished the postgame yet (that's why the post isn't updated to e19, i will probably update the post the next week), but some of the Reborn characters that aren't connected to any route choice that can appear in Rejuv are(E19 and Rejuv spoilers):

Spoiler
  • Agate Triumvirate.  Now we know that all of them are alive, and the Agate Circus is also in the GDC. I don't expect to see a quest dedicated to them(but there is a hope), but just see their sprites or hear their name when the GDC is freed from the Bladestars.
  • Hardy and/or Cain.  Aya is in Aevium and is replacing Venam as Gym Leader(wich makes her the poison Leader of both Aevium and Reborn). Hardy is Aya boyfriend and Cain is her brother. Also i'm pretty sure that before or later we will see and challenge all the Reborn's rivals, as a nostalgic trio for who played Reborn and for remember that Rejuv takes inspiration from Reborn, the challenge part will obviously happen in the postgame.
  • Fern and Victoria.  I've already explained why. Also Victoria in Reborn seems to get along with Adrienn who is in Aevium.
  • Heather and/or Shelly.  Heather maybe for beat the sh1t out of Flora after what's happened in the postgame(i doubt but would be funny). Jokes aside maybe she goes to Aevium for a journey with, maybe, the purpose of help Shelly in doing some research, considering that we know that Champion Shelly timeline she is studing for become Prof Pokemon. I know that she isn't (yet), champion in actual Rejuv timeline and that timelin takes place 5 years after Rejuv and 10 after Reborn, but we don't how much you have to study for become a Prof neither when she started to study, but still a cute idea.
  • Eve.  I will make this one simple. Aya and Adrienn start the restoration of West Gearen and found the base of P.U.L.S.E. musharna. They will call Eve, and then she will discover who really Flora is, but if she already read the news about Flora, she will simply say that Flora is a b1tch and that she has been stupid for giving the access to the P.U.L.S.E. to someone like Flora.

Edited by KingInfernal

• 2 weeks later...

So i finished to update this post to E19. I really loved this game, except for the fact that there are too many 4th wall breaks about the MC, that i found a bit annoying. But other than that i REALLY liked it.

Anyway if i forgot something or because i actual forgot that or because i didn't played the earlygame yet, please tell me.

Edited by KingInfernal

Reborn's V19 and Rejuvenation's V13 contradict each other in one manner: 

Spoiler

The creation of Aevium League. I'll show you why: 

At the start of chapter 15 Alexandra start telling us the story of Celine, the woman who founded the Aevium League. 

More than 7 years ago(between 71/2 and 81/2 years ago) Celine has been attacked by Madame X. She lost one arm and one leg. Their sons built prosthetics limbs for her. Then she go in a region with a really strong Pokemon League(probably not more than 1 year after the Madame X attack.). When Alexandra name this "powerful League" the game show this:

IMG_20220219_151103.thumb.jpg.2b19fecab5612fefa6e2699506fc2f28.jpg

You probably understand where I want to go. The game show us the Reborn Grand Hall, but not just it. The Grand Hall in this image is after Adrienn restoration.

This means that Celine came to Reborn some times after the Team Meteor defeats.

...and...

In Reborn E19 is confirmed that Rejuv takes place 5 years after Reborn.

See? According to Alexandra, her mother had gone to Reborn AFTER Team Meteor had been defeated, which was supposedly 7/8 years ago. But Team Meteor was ultimately defeated 5 years before Rejuvenation! That means when Celine had arrived to Reborn City, it COULDN'T be after the conflict was over, because at the time of 7/8 years before Rejuvenation, Reborn still was in ruin. 

But if that isn't a plot hole (which is unlikely, but still), that means that the picture of Celine entering Grand Hall must've been taken years after founding Aevium League. Which might be the actual truth, as Celine has different colored arms and legs; I don't know however whether the white parts are clothing, or prostheses, so that's a slight inconvenience

Still, there's a possibility Alexandra lied, or someone else lied to her and she only unintentionally spread the fake news... or devs tripped over their own storyplots and made a mistake which is hardly noticeable for mere players, but very apparent for lore geeks. 

Um... sorry about the last one, I can be a prick when it comes to pointing mistakes. Of course, everyone can make mistakes, especially in the such huge projects. 

But that doesn't erase the contradiction. As I said, maybe that photo was indeed taken after the Aevium League's foundation, but let's not get our hopes high.

• 9 months later...