Mistakes

Void1243

I was curious if anyone else in the community is like me and physically/mentally can't replay rejuvenation due to the sheer content of it and redoing everything. For me I get tired thinking about it as I'm in college now and don't have time to sink ours into a game so for me after the game is complete at best 5-10 years is how long it's gonna take for me to go "I think I'll replay rejuvenation from scratch". Because of this despite me doing my best to be as perfect as possible I have made some mistakes regarding the story I can't fix that mock me endlessly and I wanted to share which are 3 I can remember off the top of my head. One is at the pyramid I didn't pick up on the fact I should lose to the 2 time travelers thus losing relationship points with Melia and whoever else was with her. Second I told Adam at the end of v13 Ryland was alive even though I'm pretty sure he's dead (it's been a long time correct me if I'm wrong). Third I told the lost man in the abyss to not look for his wife and child who was also lost in the abyss, this one definitely stung the most. Like I said these are the only ones I can think off the top of my head I bet a bunch of other mistakes are suppressed in my brain but even so surprisingly in terms of the overall narrative I've done everything right it's just these little things bother me lol feel free to share yours (if you even read this far if so congrats and thanks for reading my rambling)

Ryland is alive don't worry about that part ! He guards the jewel of life, if you want to be sure you can check the top of the pyramid he should be here.

As for the abyss side quest, none of the answers really is "good", if you tell him to go look for them he most likely looses himself again in it so... Honestly not a mistake here, you complete the sidequest either way

And i checked to be sure, but i don't think you loose friendship points if you don't see through the illusion at the pyramid.

So i'm pretty sure you didn't do any mistake in this don't worry !

I can relate. I am not a start over with each update person either. I've been continuing the first save I made which I started in V12. Fangames such as this which are long and somewhat difficult are a lot of hard work that I don't want to have to rebuild and ge through again. 
In this case, the V13 changes such as the rift boss battles appear to be a bit much for me. 

From what you've described, I don't believe you've made any significant mistakes Karma-wise. 

1. Ryland is alive and as opposed to other characters such as Florin and Karen, his fate is not dependent on a player option. 
2. I stopped David from searching for his wife in the Abyss as well. I felt it was the more responsible option as I don't doubt his wife is dead at this point (I believe it was said that it's been a decade since he was found) and that he would have gotten lost himself again. It's not a significant choice though as I don't believe it affects your relationships or karma. 
3. The relationship points for the illusion Melia/Aelita battle don't seem to be listed in the relationship guide. You gain points with both for losing/seeing through the illusion for sure but I am uncertain about winning/falling for the illusion. I want to say that you do lose points with both characters but if you have enough total with them already it shouldn't affect your karma. 

Most of the bad Karma/ending choices are the ones that kill (including the 2 rift Pokemon the Weird Diary comes into play with) and most of those choices are straight forward (i.e killing Karen or Karen and Korrina in Zygarde castle). The one hidden death choice is the one resulting in Florin's death which I believe is achieved by partnering with Flora in Darchlight Cave and outing her.
I believe there only two bad Karma choices that don't result in a character death; declining Tesla when she offers to essentially adopt you and handing over the crystal to Melanie and from what I have gathered, the bad Karma from the latter is unavailable because it has a bug that soft locks the game. 

Doing the HC quests is one of the most important things to maintaining good Karma as from what I have gathered they can keep it at a good level even when you're being a jerk. 

So don't fret. you're doing fine :)

I didn't know you could refuse Tesla's offer?

Two choices I struggled with were to save the officer in the past and whether or not I should fork over the magma stone.

If people have the time and desire I definitely would recommend replaying the game if you get the chance, if only for the changes they made.

23 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

I can relate. I am not a start over with each update person either. I've been continuing the first save I made which I started in V12. Fangames such as this which are long and somewhat difficult are a lot of hard work that I don't want to have to rebuild and ge through again. 
In this case, the V13 changes such as the rift boss battles appear to be a bit much for me. 

From what you've described, I don't believe you've made any significant mistakes Karma-wise. 

1. Ryland is alive and as opposed to other characters such as Florin and Karen, his fate is not dependent on a player option. 
2. I stopped David from searching for his wife in the Abyss as well. I felt it was the more responsible option as I don't doubt his wife is dead at this point (I believe it was said that it's been a decade since he was found) and that he would have gotten lost himself again. It's not a significant choice though as I don't believe it affects your relationships or karma. 
3. The relationship points for the illusion Melia/Aelita battle don't seem to be listed in the relationship guide. You gain points with both for losing/seeing through the illusion for sure but I am uncertain about winning/falling for the illusion. I want to say that you do lose points with both characters but if you have enough total with them already it shouldn't affect your karma. 

Most of the bad Karma/ending choices are the ones that kill (including the 2 rift Pokemon the Weird Diary comes into play with) and most of those choices are straight forward (i.e killing Karen or Karen and Korrina in Zygarde castle). The one hidden death choice is the one resulting in Florin's death which I believe is achieved by partnering with Flora in Darchlight Cave and outing her.
I believe there only two bad Karma choices that don't result in a character death; declining Tesla when she offers to essentially adopt you and handing over the crystal to Melanie and from what I have gathered, the bad Karma from the latter is unavailable because it has a bug that soft locks the game. 

Doing the HC quests is one of the most important things to maintaining good Karma as from what I have gathered they can keep it at a good level even when you're being a jerk. 

So don't fret. you're doing fine :)

Just a correction,

Spoiler

You can get Florin killed by going with Flora, joining her, exposing her after the caves, then telling Cassandra everything. You must do all of that if you want him to die.

Also, refusing Tesla's offer does not give you bad ending points, it just makes Tesla not like you. If she doesn't like you, it gives you

Spoiler

the twenty points for her not liking you (like what, that is the same amount of points for murdering someone!). All the other main cast only give you 5 points each... which again is pretty weird but I digress. 

I am pretty sure that the choice with the David guy (or whatever his name is) and whether you win or lose the illusion battle does not matter. Losing it just has them say they are happy you saw past the illusion, but you don't get any RP for it or anything like that. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2022 at 4:35 PM, pizzagod13 said:

Just a correction,

Reveal hidden contents

You can get Florin killed by going with Flora, joining her, exposing her after the caves, then telling Cassandra everything. You must do all of that if you want him to die.

Also, refusing Tesla's offer does not give you bad ending points, it just makes Tesla not like you. If she doesn't like you, it gives you

Reveal hidden contents

the twenty points for her not liking you (like what, that is the same amount of points for murdering someone!). All the other main cast only give you 5 points each... which again is pretty weird but I digress. 

I am pretty sure that the choice with the David guy (or whatever his name is) and whether you win or lose the illusion battle does not matter. Losing it just has them say they are happy you saw past the illusion, but you don't get any RP for it or anything like that. 

Ah, alright. Thanx for clearing these things up for me. 

On 2/5/2022 at 6:05 AM, pizzagod13 said:

what offer do you? the  offer of staying with them

2 hours ago, R.A.M CXZ 007 said:

what offer do you? the  offer of staying with them

Yeah when she shows you your room, if you pick "..." you get minus RP points with her.

Spoiler

This is the only instance you can gain/lose points with her, so doing that makes her not like you.  If she doesn't like you then you get 20 points toward the bad ending. 

• 4 weeks later...