A Question

Pain

okay so if we let karrina kill karen in the hidden library quest 3. Then karen will no longer be in existence. Then that will mean one of the ELITE 8 will be dead. So who will we face when we reach the elite 8 where karen will supposed to be be  but she will be killed. The question really is who will we face

1. Karen will magically appear like in the most games happen

2. They will find a reserve   ( how will they even find a suitable trainer for the elite 8)

3. It can be Lavender because we did not face her for the badge but we faced puppet master

Karen So who can be the Elite 8 member. Please tell me Little Doves

Who can really say? But the league is in utter shambles, with many of the gym leaders being missing or dead. They are already having a hard time finding replacements for those, I find it hard to believe that Karen would be easily replaced. After all she is a complete lunatic, if they could replace her they would have already...

Spoiler

So it is possible we will just have an elite 7 if Karen is dead. 

Edit: You should probably edit your comment to be a spoiler. 

Edited by pizzagod13

1 hour ago, pizzagod13 said:

if they could replace her they would have already...

I dont think simple league management has credentials to change Elite 8, this has to be endorced by the champion or some other means, and champion is currently a little unavailable. 

1 hour ago, Cyphre said:

I dont think simple league management has credentials to change Elite 8, this has to be endorced by the champion or some other means, and champion is currently a little unavailable. 

Seems like all the more reason she can't be easily replaced then. 

What I honestly wonder about is if we are going to fight the elite 8 in the evil/bad ending route or not.

Considering that Karen is unstable and has committed murder she should have been replaced before the starting point in game's timeline, long before her life was on the line but the Avium league has almost been in ruins for some time for the most part because the administrators have been neglecting to provide replacements for displaced or unfit members. 

Up until Alice and Allen just stepped up, the Elite 8 weren't even necessary as two gym leader positions were empty (dark and fairy), three for a while, until the Neverwinter Normal leader was appointed which happened around the time of the GDC tournament. 

In fact having the GDC tournament give out a complete set of badges was probably the league's lazy fix it for this. 

I wouldn't be surprised if those who killed Karen ended up facing an Elite 7. 

(I'm really not looking forward to the Elite 8, that's gonna be the 9 circles of Hell.)