Potential of Delcatty [SPOILER]

Enatsyrte

Hello !

I would like to talk about the Delcatty Crest ^-^

I discovered it with Risa and I thought it was useless, until I learnt how it works. 

This crest is powerful but has one weakness : its stats.
Indeed Delcatty receives 10% of each stat of each unfainted Pokémon you have in your party. You can make different sets for Delcatty : Special, Physical, or Defensive. The problem is Delcatty needs all of your Pokémon. More you lose Pokémon during the battle, weakest Delcatty becomes. 

However, I think using a Special Bulky Offense is a good idea with Delcatty. Here is the set :

Delcatty  
Ability: Wonder Skin  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Hyper Voice  
- Thunderbolt / Grass Knot 
- Ice Beam / Shadow Ball 
- Calm Mind / Charge Beam 

For the moment, Delcatty can't learn Calm Mind and Ice Beam. These moves are important for setting up Delcatty and having BoltBeam. So, I use Charge Beam to increase SpA. 

Let's compare its stats :

First, there are the 'base stats' of Delcatty 

image_2021-10-01_210256.png.b0dec857aa4bc7ec2a5b45e448748f27.png

And here you can see the new stats when all the team is ready for a good battle :

1288100257_Capturedcran2021-10-01204903.png.34ae6215a18f09c17e806ff82da98745.png

Speed : 416 ! It's faster than Dragapult, and pretty bulky for setting up. And I'll show you the team I used to have these stats ^^

image_2021-10-01_210941.png.50eab7e86bf36708b2bb8be177f75a6d.png

So what do you think about Delcatty now ? 😗

• Like 3

It's the opposite of the Spiritomb Crest so, yeah, I already predicted it would be this broken..
But that's OK, the Crest has a specific condition to it, same as Spiritomb just the opposite situation, put both of them in your party, I guess? Could be fun..

OK
For people thinking to have a Crested Delcatty lead and then a Crested Spiritomb for last, I gotta warn you, it seems Spiritomb Crest isn't working.. It still heals HP just fine but it doesn't get any boosts at all.. Just tried that out..

I think having Spiritomb with Delcatty will lower the boost of the Delcatty Crest. A physical Spiritomb only have Ghost, Dark, Normal type attacks (except Rock Tomb). So Spiritomb need special coverage as Burning Jealousy (when it's available), and then you need to play it with a lowering speed nature which lowers the speed boost benefit for Delcatty. 

4 hours ago, P.Kiko said:

I think having Spiritomb with Delcatty will lower the boost of the Delcatty Crest. A physical Spiritomb only have Ghost, Dark, Normal type attacks (except Rock Tomb). So Spiritomb need special coverage as Burning Jealousy (when it's available), and then you need to play it with a lowering speed nature which lowers the speed boost benefit for Delcatty. 

I actually built my Spiritomb with 252 HP, 129 Def and 129 S.Def.. So he uses both S.Atk and Atk since the values are the same, my moveset on him is Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, Shadow Ball and Shadow Sneak but, like I said, the Crest isn't working properly right now.. I tried, he just gets the healing but not the boost in status.

Seems busted. Just load your team up with Fast Special attackers, all trained in Speed and Special Attack (including Delcatty) and then just sweep everything. You can easily get a bonus well over 100 points in a few of your stats. 

The challenge for special Delcatty is having the better balance between speed and SpA. Then, M-Manectric is a mandatory teammate because it provides a good buff in speed and special attack (it has 135 in each stat).