Crest for Untiered pokemon

Crimson_Mc_Black

SO i was looking through Untiered list on smogon an came up with some good crest ideas

This is just a stat boost club

Vikavolt crest would increae its speed by *2 and give it speed boost, therefore making it more accurate to its pokedex entry

Wishiwashi Crest would increase its health also by *2 (so up to 90 instead of 45) and drizzle

Swoobat (maybe) crest would give it an omniboost upon switch in to help its other wise meager stats

Non stat boost ers

Turtonator crest would have it to where if its hit with a physical move, shell traps activates (Basically works similar to Bastiodons, just without the self healing)

Electivire gains fighting stabs and resistences

Carracosta gains constant white herb effect

Archeops defeatists is replaced with defiant or moxie

And bellossom sets up wishes and gives it regenerator

what'd y'all think?

+1 for Electivire getting a Crest that gives it Fighting Stab/Resistences. I remember playing a ROMhack that made Electivire an Elect/Fight type and it just fit so well. Brick Break is an amazing tool to carry on your 'vire but it just doesn't hit THAT hard with no stab.

With exception of Belossom, Carracosta and Archeops a big "NO" to the others..

Tortunator can be a very nice sweeper if you set him right with Shell Smash, done it a couple times, dude is a beast!
Vikavolt and Wishiwashi are actually pretty strong already.. Wishiwashi even have stupidly OP status, hence why his ability needs to nerf it..
And Swoobat just massive NO in my part.. Swoobat is one of my favorite Psychic-Types, he has the Simple Ability and can learn Calm Mind, that's enough to turn him into a massive sweeper, in fact, my main strategy on gym3 (Normal-type with Marianette) is to just sweep with a Swoobat.. Just Calm Mind x3 > Confusion x6 and you win.. As long as you managed to set up ONE Calm Mind, Swoobat is pretty good.

Masquerain crest: STAB on water types and water type resistances. Boosts special attack and speed by 1.3

Wormadam crest: All of them get leftovers, and STAB on psychic moves and resistances, but every form gets different changes:

- Grass: Defense and Sp. Attack now use Sp. Defense stat. Now resists Fire and Flying moves

- Ground: Attack and Sp. Defense now use Defense stat. Automatically sets up Stealth Rock when hitting the field.

- Steel: Uses its Defense as Speed, and boosts Attack and Sp. Attack by 1.5. Uses Metal Sound and Screech when hitting the field.

Alternatively...

Once it reaches 50% hp, it gets different changes depending on the form

- Grass: Swaps Sp. Defense and Sp. Attack, and doubles its speed. Gains STAB on Psychic moves and Quiver Dance's now boosts Sp. Attack by 2 stages.

- Ground: Swaps Defense and Attack, and doubles its speed. Gains Technician, and quiver dance boosts attack by 2 stages.

- Steel: Swaps its Defenses with Attack and Sp. Attack, and doubles its speed. Gains Sheer Force and Quiver Dance boosts Attack and Sp. Attack.

Mothim crest: Gains simple, alongside STAB on Psychic moves and Psychic resistances and 1.5x speed. (Probably wasn't as broken lmao)

2 hours ago, Gastronely said:

Masquerain crest: STAB on water types and water type resistances. Boosts special attack and speed by 1.3

Wormadam crest: All of them get leftovers, and STAB on psychic moves and resistances, but every form gets different changes:

- Grass: Defense and Sp. Attack now use Sp. Defense stat. Now resists Fire and Flying moves

- Ground: Attack and Sp. Defense now use Defense stat. Automatically sets up Stealth Rock when hitting the field.

- Steel: Uses its Defense as Speed, and boosts Attack and Sp. Attack by 1.5. Uses Metal Sound and Screech when hitting the field.

Alternatively...

Once it reaches 50% hp, it gets different changes depending on the form

- Grass: Swaps Sp. Defense and Sp. Attack, and doubles its speed. Gains STAB on Psychic moves and Quiver Dance's now boosts Sp. Attack by 2 stages.

- Ground: Swaps Defense and Attack, and doubles its speed. Gains Technician, and quiver dance boosts attack by 2 stages.

- Steel: Swaps its Defenses with Attack and Sp. Attack, and doubles its speed. Gains Sheer Force and Quiver Dance boosts Attack and Sp. Attack.

Mothim crest: Gains simple, alongside STAB on Psychic moves and Psychic resistances. Probably too broken with Tinted Lens, but its low defenses kinda balance it.

OK now those make sense and I like

Yeah, why doesn't Masquerain does STAB in Water!? It used to be Water! I agree with that one!
The Wormadam is nice, that Pokemon is just total trash.. 

The only one I kinda disagree is Mothim, I mean, nice changes and all but it does have low defense AND low speed.. So it's very easy to outspeed and OHKO which makes it completely useless in the end.. Either need to make it bulky or speedier to be more competitively viable.

• Upvote 1

Let's go ! 

What about crests for Persian (Kanto) ? 

I love using it with Nasty Plot, so this Crest will copy the strongest SpA Stat of your Team and applies Focus Sash (as Rampardos Crest) 

For example, Jolteon has 110 in SpA, but Persian will not have 110 in SpA. If Jolteon has 252 EV and 31 IV in SpA, it has 287 in SpA (lvl 90)

And then, Persian will have 287 without investment. 

With an Offensive Chandelure, it would have 350 in SpA at level 90. This set would be possible ^^

Persian  
Ability: Technician  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Hyper Voice  
- Thunderbolt  
- Icy Wind  
- Nasty Plot

Of course, with screens Persion would be able to set up some Nasty Plot ^-^

With this Crest, Regieleki would broken. Regieleki is the kind of Pokémon nerfed by its coverage, so if it could hit Ground Types with Electric moves, it would so powerful because only Grass, Electric Types, and Pokémon with Lightning Rod or Volt Absorb can resist. 

Both Regieleki and Regidraco don't need nor deserve Crests..
The idea of Crests is to make Pokemons that are not competitively viable (or just downright terrible) into something that is, like Phione that goes from being "meh" at everything into being a good staller or Thievul which is just a terrible S.Attacker with bad coverage into a pretty powerful debuffer.. Legendary Pokemon, by definition, don't need Crests because of their base stats total, specially the two you mentioned, the ONLY Legendary I think needs a crest is Celebi because of it's terrible type combination and limited movepool.

Regieleki literally has an ability that boosts it's Electric moves by 1.5x, the ONLY counter of that ability (and Regieleki itself) is a ground-type, that crest would totally nullify that weakness making Regieleki a unbeatable sweeper (Specially considering it's ridiculous 200 base Speed).
Regidrago would be even more ridiculous since it's ability works on Dragon moves meaning the only type that could resist it is steel so..

1 hour ago, MhicKy said:

Regidrago would be even more ridiculous since it's ability works on Dragon moves meaning the only type that could resist it is steel so..

If you’re not counting Fairy type.

I should take an example : Dracovish.
When it was in OU, the only way to check it was having a Water Immunity (Seismitoad), because Water Resistant Pokémon couldn't resist. 

For the moment, Regieleki has the potentiel to badly weaken special wall Grass Types such as Ferrothorn. 

252+ SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 120-141 (34 - 40%) -- 35.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

So the best way to wall Regieleki is having an Electric Immunity. 

1 hour ago, RoySolare said:

If you’re not counting Fairy type.

His Crest suggestion is that Fair-Type takes neutral damage from his Dragon moves so, in this scenario, only Steel..
And all of that while having an ability that increase it's dragon-type damage by 1.5x.. So yeah, that spells disaster..

25 minutes ago, P.Kiko said:

I should take an example : Dracovish.
When it was in OU, the only way to check it was having a Water Immunity (Seismitoad), because Water Resistant Pokémon couldn't resist. 

For the moment, Regieleki has the potentiel to badly weaken special wall Grass Types such as Ferrothorn. 

252+ SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 120-141 (34 - 40%) -- 35.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

So the best way to wall Regieleki is having an Electric Immunity. 

The worst part is that it's a Pokemon with 200 base Speed so you could just make it with the Modest Nature and literally not spend a single EV on Speed and it would still outspeed the majority of Pokemons out there with good speed stats and fully EV trained.. Heck, you could go 252 EVs on Attack and S.Atk so it would become a terrifying sweeper since it could just use moves according to the lowest defense of the enemy.. Is it stronger in Def? Use Thunderbolt! S.def? Wild Charge it is!

56 minutes ago, Mei-o_Scarlett said:

is kingdra untiered?

goddamn im using a kingdra for my run and looking at its stats

jesus christ

if u dont use it in the rain it sucks

defintely needs a crest

Kingdra is NUBL
Quoting smogon: "NUBL (NU Banlist) is the banlist for NU and is not a playable tier. NUBL Pokemons are not RU by usage (i.e., they do not have above 3.41% usage in RU) but cannot be used in NU"

So, technically, she is fit for RU but isn't used enough to go to the tier therefore it's categorized as NU but it's too strong for NU therefore it goes to the NU Banlist *shrug*

I'd like to see some of the current crests reworked also. Glaceon's crest for example seems good on paper, until you remember the AI doesn't think like a person and will just hit you with whatever coverage move it has that will hit almost as hard as the rock or steel move it would have otherwise used. The crests that just add resistance are useless outside of taking less damage on a switch.