Crest Suggestions for ALL Eeveelutions

MhicKy

So I feel that since Glaceon and Leafeon have crests it would only be fair that the other Eeveelutions also gets them so I was thinking about what to do with each by examining it's weak and strong points and I came with a few suggestions for the remaining ones:

Flareon Crest: Immune to recoil damage, normal-type moves become fire-type moves.
  Flareon has a pretty impressive Attack stats but it has 2 major problems, it isn't speedy enough to go first most of the times and it does have -some- bulk but considering that the best moves it can learn are Flare Blitz and Double-Edge, both have recoil, it usually kills itself, this crest should remedy Flareon's reliance on recoil moves while giving it STAB on priority moves like Quick Attack as well.

Jolteon Crest: Electric-type moves can hit Ground-types if Jolteon attacks first.
  Jolteon is already a pretty good Pokemon but it gets bodied by ground-types unless it has a grass/ice-type Hidden Power, this should help with the problem without making it too OP while also giving it some uniqueness on being an electric-type that is effective against ground-types since, defensively, Electric-types are great but in offense they only hit well against Flying and Water so..

Vaporeon Crest: Summons Rain Dance.
  When it comes to stall walls, Vaporeon gets overshadowed by Umbreon which has a much stronger bulk and moveset, with this change people should at least consider using Vaporeon as their stall wall instead of Umbreon depending of what moveset fits better their teams, specially considering it will now be able to work well with Rain Teams.

Espeon Crest: STAB on Fairy-type moves and gains Fairy-type resistances.
  It just kinda makes sense to me since Espeon already kinda looks like a Fairy type, it is kinda good status-wise but pure Psychic types aren't really all that great since they are effective only against Poison and Fighting while being weak to Dark, Bug and Ghost.

Umbreon Crest: Doubles it's Atk, S.Atk and Speed but halves it's Def and S.Def.
  Umbreon is already pretty OP so I feel like buffing it would not be ideal, instead, why not make it interesting by changing it's role from a Stall Wall to a Speedy Glass-Canon? Just for fun, guys!

Sylveon Crest: Summons Misty Terrain.
  Just feel like it's fitting, it's simple but effective, Sylveon is already pretty good overall anyways so just a small thing like this should be enough.

So, what do you think? Do you think are fair and balance or totally broken? If so feel free to give your suggestion, I want ALL Eeveelutions to have crests! Please, Jan? Kay, thank you!
*kisses* *kisses*

No. Second topic like this. The only one remotely in need of a crest is Flareon, who probably will receive one anyway. 

Other eevelutions are already powerful enough mons who dont need any other buffs, and crests that swap stats are usually dogshit anyway, like Infernape crest. 

32 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

No. Second topic like this. The only one remotely in need of a crest is Flareon, who probably will receive one anyway. 

Other eevelutions are already powerful enough mons who dont need any other buffs, and crests that swap stats are usually dogshit anyway, like Infernape crest. 

I disagree..
Lemme resume all my points on the other Eevelutions weaknesses:

- Vaporean gets overshadowed by Umbreon in terms of being a stall wall since the only thing it has better is HP so it can still be OHKOed by a super effective move, specially if it's physical.
- Jolteon is good IN STATUS but it's pure electric-type so it's only really good against Flying and Water types, Pokemons like Boltund are MUCH better since, with Strong Jaw, they can use moves like Crunch and Fire Fang efficiently (also Boltund has a crest that further increases bite damage).
- The Umberon Crest suggestion wasn't even an addition to it's already powerful status, it was a swap just for fun so you could either choose to keep Umbreon as it is, the best stall wall, or turn it into a speedy glass-canon, it's just for the sake of making a crest for an Eevelution that has some sort of meaning without being OP.
- Espeon, like Jolteon, is good IN STATUS but it's pure Psychic-type means it's only effective against Fighting and Poison so there's no reason to use Espeon if you can get a dual type Psychic type like Gardevoir, which is both Psychic and Fairy and has a mega.
- Sylveon has a positive and a negative to balance it out, all status changes are doubled so if he got hit by something like Parting Shot or Memento it will become completely useless in combat and will be needed to switch out, it is also very weak physically, like Vaporeon, so even if you use the double status to use a boosted Calm Mind, a physical attack can still destroy it.

In the end there are multiple Pokemons that are better choices than the Eevelutions and I feel that if the Glaceon and Leafeon have one then the others should get one too.. Afteral, there are powerful Pokemon that have crests too like Boltuns, Spiritomb, Darmanitan and Dusknoir, for example.

Tho' now that I look at it, I -would- probably remove the double status on the Sylveon one and just let it place Misty Terrain on entrance and reduce the Vaporeon's half super effective reduction to just 25%

Leafeon and Glaceon received them because they SUCK. Not because they are underperforming, because they completely sucked ass and were barely viable, if at all. There are not "multiple" pokemon who need crests more, there are hundreds of those who would benefit from crests more. If you check who got crests, around 90% of those are very weak and underperforming pokemon, with only exceptions being several starters and Sylveon, who always had very bad stats for a legendary, and this crest finally put him on the level of others. 

Boltund got his crest because he doesnt learn any special moves naturally and can only get discharge from breeding. Before he couldnt even utilize his great speed because both of his attacking stats sucked, base 90 is far from impressive. Boltund never was strong and now he is viable as a physical attacker, with all the fang moves. 

Spiritomb never was powerful, especially after fairy type arrived, because he lacked both speed and recovery, so you could build him either as dream eater, or priority user, which were both bad. Now he is actually strong, a bit overtuned in my opinion even after a nerf. Before crest he was garbage. 

Darmanitan have absolutely PATHETIC bulk, making his Zen Mode practically unviable, since there will be almost no situation in Rejuvenation where he will syrvive a hit to actually enter Zen mode. This crest doesnt directly power up Darmanitan, it just changes his form. 

Dusknoir, again, while having good stats, have absolutely terrible movepool he simply cannot utilize. His highest base moves we can get normally are 75 base power punches, now he can viably use coverage moves like Rock Tomb, Bulldoze, and his Shadow Sneak will not simply tickle an opponent. 

Glaceon and Leafeon got crests for same reasons: Leafeon got abysmal movepool he cant do anything with even if he tries. Im not sure why exactly he got extra resists, but he is at least decent now. Glaceon sucked more than any eevilution, so buffing his resistances was a very good thing for an Ice type. 

Espeon is already amazing. 
Jolteon got very limited movepool, but his stats are stellar. 
Umbreon is amazing. 
Sylveon is amazing. 
Vaporeon is amazing. 

Crests dont exist to make an amazing pokemon beyond broken. They exist to make a complete travesty of a pokemon somewhat viable. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

I disagree..
Lemme resume all my points on the other Eevelutions weaknesses:

- Vaporean gets overshadowed by Umbreon in terms of being a stall wall since the only thing it has better is HP so it can still be OHKOed by a super effective move, specially if it's physical.
- Jolteon is good IN STATUS but it's pure electric-type so it's only really good against Flying and Water types, Pokemons like Boltund are MUCH better since, with Strong Jaw, they can use moves like Crunch and Fire Fang efficiently (also Boltund has a crest that further increases bite damage).
- The Umberon Crest suggestion wasn't even an addition to it's already powerful status, it was a swap just for fun so you could either choose to keep Umbreon as it is, the best stall wall, or turn it into a speedy glass-canon, it's just for the sake of making a crest for an Eevelution that has some sort of meaning without being OP.
- Espeon, like Jolteon, is good IN STATUS but it's pure Psychic-type means it's only effective against Fighting and Poison so there's no reason to use Espeon if you can get a dual type Psychic type like Gardevoir, which is both Psychic and Fairy and has a mega.
- Sylveon has a positive and a negative to balance it out, all status changes are doubled so if he got hit by something like Parting Shot or Memento it will become completely useless in combat and will be needed to switch out, it is also very weak physically, like Vaporeon, so even if you use the double status to use a boosted Calm Mind, a physical attack can still destroy it.

In the end there are multiple Pokemons that are better choices than the Eevelutions and I feel that if the Glaceon and Leafeon have one then the others should get one too.. Afteral, there are powerful Pokemon that have crests too like Boltuns, Spiritomb, Darmanitan and Dusknoir, for example.

Tho' now that I look at it, I -would- probably remove the double status on the Sylveon one and just let it place Misty Terrain on entrance.

Some of them do need creast but all really dont. 

I do agree that Jolteon needs creast but it and Boltund are very different. Boltund is physical attacker and Jolteon is special. Boltund is weaker than Joltean is almost every stat. Boltund has 90 attack whereas Joltean has 110 special attack. Jolteon also has way better special defense. Strong jaw and creast both boost a already weak move to begin with.

Vaporean is a special tank who can also hit hard whereas Umbreon is just a staller. Vaporen has better moveset, can learn Acid Armor for its weak defences and is a safe switch in for most cases.

Umbreon creast seems interesting but with its moveset I dont think many people will use it. 

Espeon is good and definetely doesnt need creast. It learns shadow ball for ghost coverage, dazzling gleam for dark coverage. It is also useful to set up screens because of its fast speed and magic bounce is always helpful. Gardevoir is great as well but I dont think it necessarily replace Espeon because of their different stat spread.

Sylveon is just good and doesnt need creast at all. I will not go much into this one since I dont need to explain why it is good.

I would rather prefer :

Flareon Crest

Swaps user’s Sp. Def and Speed stats but poisons the user. Gains Sheer Force effect and less effective moves become super effective.

Jolteon Crest :

Burns the user but gains Levitate effect. Electric type moves becomes super effective against Ground types. Those moves become stronger when the user is faster than the target.

Vaporeon Crest :

Gains Volt Absorb and Stamina effect. Those moves become stronger when the user is slower than the target.

Well I still feel like all Eevelutions should receive one, they might not be bad but they are still pure types..

@Cyphre and @Yahiro, Boltund, status-wise, is inferior to Jolteon but on the field it is MUCH stronger, with Strong Jaw, even if Thunder Fang and Fire Fang are 65 damage moves it boost it up to slighty better than 90 (aka a Thunderbolt) while having both the ability to flinch and/or paralyze the target, Boltund has a better coverage in this regard since Thunder Fang, Fire Fang and Crunch cover Water, Flying, Grass, Ice, Steel, Psychic, Bug and Ghost (8 types), Crunch also has a base damage of 80 which makes it gets a ridiculous boost with the Strong Jaw, the Crest is overkill in my opinion, I used a Boltund in both a normal and intense play on v13 and it had never let me down while Jolteon does often since the most you can do with him is get Thunderbolt, Signal Beam and Shadow Ball which only cover Water, Flying, Grass, Psychic, Dark and Ghost (6 types, 2 less than Boltund moveset).
Darmanitan was just an example as the same of my suggestion with the Umbreon Crest, Darmanitan itself is pretty powerful, the crest doesn't buff it's power, it just gives another way to use him which was my goal with the Umbreon, find another way to make him viable other than a stall wall, I even said it was "for fun".

I already revised and edited my suggestions on the Vaporeon Crest and Sylveon since after some realization I do agree these two suggestions were a bit over the top but I don't feel like the other suggestions are that bad.. Jolteon crest only affects Ground-types and nothing else, Espeon is still a pure Psychic-type which, offensive-wise, isn't that great, being super effective in only 2 types while being weak to 3, this isn't gen1 anymore, guys.. While it does learn Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam, not doing STAB in these moves is the difference between and OHKO and a 2-hit and often it gets KOed for not being able to finish off an enemy for being a glass-canon, the Umbreon is just for fun so I won't elaborate further..

5 minutes ago, RoySolare said:

I would rather prefer :

Flareon Crest

Swaps user’s Sp. Def and Speed stats but poisons the user. Gains Sheer Force effect and less effective moves become super effective.

Jolteon Crest :

Burns the user but gains Levitate effect. Electric type moves becomes super effective against Ground types. Those moves become stronger when the user is faster than the target.

Vaporeon Crest :

Gains Volt Absorb and Stamina effect. Those moves become stronger when the user is slower than the target.

I don't think the Flareon suggestion is really a good idea.. Afteral his better moves are still the recoil ones and adding poison to the mix would only make it kill itself even faster.. Giving it Sheer Force is also quite overkill..

For the Jolteon I think you went too overboard.. Making it not only deal super effective on grounds, like I suggested, but also make it basically immune to them?! And make the damage stronger if he's faster?! It's already pretty hard to outspeed a Jolteon so that's WAY too overkill..

Vaporeon is also quite out-there.. He's already pretty bulky, making it immune to electric, basically removing a weakness for a immunity, is already too strong but also give him Stamina AND stronger if he's slower is just spelling disaster..

3 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

I don't think the Flareon suggestion is really a good idea.. Afteral his better moves are still the recoil ones and adding poison to the mix would only make it kill itself even faster.. Giving it Sheer Force is also quite overkill..

For the Jolteon I think you went too overboard.. Making it not only deal super effective on grounds, like I suggested, but also make it basically immune to them?! And make the damage stronger if he's faster?! It's already pretty hard to outspeed a Jolteon so that's WAY too overkill..

Vaporeon is also quite out-there.. He's already pretty bulky, making it immune to electric, basically removing a weakness for a immunity, is already too strong but also give him Stamina AND stronger if he's slower is just spelling disaster..

Vaporeon defenses aren’t enough, much less getting hit brutally by the move Thunder during rain.

Jolteon has the worst special attack movepool and will be easily demolished by Ground type Pokemons.

Flareon has the worst reputation of every Eeveelutions due to its terrible base stats and movepool that some of the moves can give quite the bad luck.

6 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Boltund, status-wise, is inferior to Jolteon but on the field it is MUCH stronger

No it is not. Boltund get a move with 97.5 power, while having 90 base attack. While Jolten gets Thunderbolt with 90 power, but 110 base sp attack, while also having Thunder is he wishes so. Thunder Fang also can easily miss. Also do not forget that while Boltund is fast, there are enough enemies that will outspeed him, while much less can outspeed Jolteon. Better coverage - yes. Stronger - absolutely objectively not. 

11 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

find another way to make him viable other than a stall wall, I even said it was "for fun".

And what good it's gonna do to make a mess out of already very intricate balance "for fun"? We can make this shit for every pokemon, swap Blissey's hp with attack or this, is littering the game with 300 more dumb unnecessary crests will do any good for the game? 

13 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Espeon is still a pure Psychic-type which, offensive-wise, isn't that great, being super effective in only 2 types while being weak to 3, this isn't gen1 anymore, guys..

Okay, i will tell Alakazam, Reuniclus, Meowstic and Grumpig they are trash now. They will be pretty amused. 

3 minutes ago, RoySolare said:

Vaporeon defenses aren’t enough, much less getting hit brutally by the move Thunder during rain.

Why would you use Vaporeon in the rain against something that know Thunder?

3 minutes ago, RoySolare said:

Jolteon has the worst special attack movepool and will be easily demolished by Ground type Pokemons.

Why would you use Jolteon vs ground types?

2 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

The reason for Vaporeon is thanks to its hidden ability.

And for Jolteon is because I wanted something to counter since, normally, Electric type moves aren’t affecting Ground types.

39 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

No it is not. Boltund get a move with 97.5 power, while having 90 base attack. While Jolten gets Thunderbolt with 90 power, but 110 base sp attack, while also having Thunder is he wishes so. Thunder Fang also can easily miss. Also do not forget that while Boltund is fast, there are enough enemies that will outspeed him, while much less can outspeed Jolteon. Better coverage - yes. Stronger - absolutely objectively not. 

Thunder Fang is 95% accuracy.. How can it "miss easily" but then you say Jolteon can learn Thunder which has even less accuracy?
I've always used a Jolteon before in v12 but now on v13 I just use Boltund exactly because the coverage is much better, in the end, it doesn't matter that Jolteon has 110 base S.Atk if it does normal damage while Boltund is doing super effect aka 2x damage (or 4x, depends on the enemy), Jolteon can have better status than Boltund all day long but if Boltund can OHKO more enemies because it has more ways to deal super effective damage than Jolteon then, on the field, it is better, also are we forgetting Crunch? 80 base damage + 1.5x with Strong Jaw = 120, if we add the crest this starts to get stupidly ridiculous.. Also Jolteon is just 9 points higher in Speed than Boltund.. That's not a high difference..

And what good it's gonna do to make a mess out of already very intricate balance "for fun"? We can make this shit for every pokemon, swap Blissey's hp with attack or this, is littering the game with 300 more dumb unnecessary crests will do any good for the game? 

Yunno, Crests aren't mandatory.. If you don't want, don't use it, simple as that, like I said, it's a way to give Umbreon a Crest without making it OP since Umbreon is already powerful anyway

Okay, i will tell Alakazam, Reuniclus, Meowstic and Grumpig they are trash now. They will be pretty amused. 

Alakazam has a Mega which increases his base stats even further, Meowstic has Prankster which he can use to set Reflect or Light Screen immediately, Grumpig has Thick Fat which technically make it also resist Fire and Ice on top of the resistances that Psychics have and Reuniclus has high HP while also boasting the Regenerator ability allowing it to get hit, dish out and then switch and regen it's HP, Espeon has none of these, while Magic Bounce is pretty great it has no way to reduce damage taken and can be OHKOed easily, pure Psychic types itself aren't great and if you find one then there's probably something else that makes it great and not the type alone.

That's what we call a double-edge sword, weren't you complaining Vaporeon doesn't need a Crest because it's already good? Well here's a Crest that allows it to activate both it's abilities with easy and make good use on a Rain team while also making it more weary of electric types so it is not just all positives.
But going by your logic, why make a Rain Team at all? Most Pokemons that benefit from Rain are Water-type anyway so..

One of the thing about Crests is making Pokemons have interesting gimmicks to them, like the Vespiqueen Crest or the Castform Crest but my favorite to quote is the Torterra which completely swaps his resistances and weaknesses, my idea was to make Jolteon unique in a way that it would be a Electric-type that wouldn't fear Ground-types, kinda, it would deal super effect to them but it would still take super effect as well so to not be entirely overpower.

Anyway it seems we ain't gonna get in any agreement anyway so let's just agree to disagree and close it at that, we could spend the whole night here and I have work in the morning, so..

6 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Thunder Fang is 95% accuracy.. How can it "miss easily" but then you say Jolteon can learn Thunder which has even less accuracy?

I compared Thunder fang with Thunderbolt, which got 100 accuracy. I told about Thunder only to notice that he's got far more powerful options, even when he is already stronger than Boltund anyway. Do not twist my words, trying to scramble for arguments. 

8 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

Also Jolteon is just 9 points higher in Speed than Boltund.. That's not a high difference..

Thats a gigantic difference. 

10 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

if you find one then there's probably something else that makes it great and not the type alone

And Espeon got fantastic ability, fantastic stats and a good movepool. I fail to see the point here. Claiming he is inferior to other pure Psychic pokemon i named is just ridiculous and ignorant. 

12 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

That's what we call a double-edge sword

No, putting Vaporeon in the rain against, say, Magnezone with Thunder, for the sake of it being able to cure a possible status condition is not a gimmick, it's idiocy. The only edge here is in the throat of Vaporeon. 

14 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

my idea was to make Jolteon unique in a way that it would be a Electric-type that wouldn't fear Ground-types

Like Eelektross, or Rotom, or Vikavolt. Unique how? Since when equipping Air Balloon is now a unique mechanic? 

9 hours ago, MhicKy said:

Jolteon Crest: Electric-type moves deal super effective damage against Ground-types.
  Jolteon is already a pretty good Pokemon but it gets bodied by ground-types unless it has a grass/ice-type Hidden Power, this should help with the problem without making it too OP while also giving it some uniqueness on being an electric-type that is effective against ground-types since, defensively, Electric-types are great but in offense they only hit well against Flying and Water so..

No, this would be extremely busted because Jolteon out-speeds most ground-types.
There is no reason to use a Jolteon against a ground type over a water or grass type. 

Even if you're doing an Electric monotype there are other ways around ground types such as Water, Grass or Ice HP or a Grass Knot Raichu. 

8 hours ago, Cyphre said:

and crests that swap stats are usually dogshit anyway, like Infernape crest. 

I concur.

The Infernape crest needs to please be changed. I was so excited to get it because I started with Chimchar and then it disappointed me when I saw the garbage effect. Infernape is designed to compensate for being frail with speed and heavy physical offense therefore flipping it's attack and defense stats unbalances it. 

It's much the same concept with most Pokemon, most Pokemon's stats are designed with certain advantages in mind.

Most of the Eeveelutions are designed to be fast and heavy hitters which works for them so doesn't need to be tampered with. 

Even with the double-edge sword factor sometimes requiring more strategical planning, auto weather/terrain on Vaporeon and Sylveon is just an unneeded free stab boost vs. how Snow Warning and Drought can complement moves such as Solar Beam and Blizzard on more fragile or disadvantaged Pokemon. 

With their speed and because Sylveon is actually kind of tanky they're fine set-up performers. 

9 hours ago, MhicKy said:

Espeon Crest: STAB on Fairy-type moves and gains Fairy-type resistances.
  It just kinda makes sense to me since Espeon already kinda looks like a Fairy type, it is kinda good status-wise but pure Psychic types aren't really all that great since they are effective only against Poison and Fighting while being weak to Dark, Bug and Ghost.

Now this one I'd kind of be into because Espeon can learn Dazzling Gleam and although I like Espeon I have found that it's difficult if not impossible to build a well-rounded team with single types. Duel-types are a bit more useful.

However, Espeon is already tough as an opponent and this would kind of break it in terms of resistances. 

Therefore although I like it and it makes some sense, I'm uncertain that it's a good idea. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Cyphre said:

Leafeon and Glaceon received them because they SUCK. 

Clearly you are really pressed by a topic you could have easily just ignored, but the only thing I'm going to bother to comment on is this. Neither Leafeon nor Glaceon suck. I've used both in Intense playthroughs and they've been effective members of my teams. All it takes is a little effort and creativity to make them work.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MDM1 Beans said:

Clearly you are really pressed by a topic you could have easily just ignored

For real though.... I think it's fine to agree to disagree and put forth one's counter arguments but some of those comments felt straight up hostile.

I agree on Infernape's crest though.  Personally I'm a filthy casual lol, so I tried asking if there was some sort of advantage to using it's crest that I just wasn't picking up on and the only real answer I got was "it's to use Infernape in a different way."

I also like Lefeon.  I wish it had at least 1 ability that wasn't centered around sunlight but I've enjoyed having one on my team.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

No, this would be extremely busted because Jolteon out-speeds most ground-types.
There is no reason to use a Jolteon against a ground type over a water or grass type. 

Even if you're doing an Electric monotype there are other ways around ground types such as Water, Grass or Ice HP or a Grass Knot Raichu. 

Don't think so, it's just super effective against ONE extra type and that's that.. It also doesn't give it immunity to Ground-type but I guess I see where you're going, I will edit it but I still have to think of something else for it..

5 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

I concur.

The Infernape crest needs to please be changed. I was so excited to get it because I started with Chimchar and then it disappointed me when I saw the garbage effect. Infernape is designed to compensate for being frail with speed and heavy physical offense therefore flipping it's attack and defense stats unbalances it. 

The reason why I agree with the Infernape Crest being shit is because, like explained on the wiki, Jan -had- to give him a crest since if one starter from a generations gets a crest he will give crest to all other starts, my reasoning with the Umbreon crest is basically the same, he does NOT need a crest per se but since I am suggesting crests to every Eevelution then I feel like doing something quirky like this is better than buffing it even further and make it broken, I mean, what else could I do? Umbreon is already pretty strong..

- EDIT - 
I changed Jolteons to deal only normal damage to ground-types and if it goes first, it's hard to figure it out a crest for him without making it OP.. My other option was to give it Solar Power but I feel like this would be too strong on a Solar Team, even tho' it doesn't learn Solar Beam..

1 hour ago, Calentz said:

For real though.... I think it's fine to agree to disagree and put forth one's counter arguments but some of those comments felt straight up hostile.

That's on me, whenever I talk about something I have an interest for some times I come too strong and it might look hostile, specially over the internet since you can't really define which tone I am using so I am sorry for that.. B-but the dude is talkin' shit about my boy, Boltund, I mean, he's a good boy, just sitting there, being cute, OHKOing my enemies with strong bites, don't talk shit about my baby!

13 Kohana the Boltund ideas | pokemon, cute pokemon, pokémon sword and  shield

44 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

The reason why I agree with the Infernape Crest being shit is because, like explained on the wiki, Jan -had- to give him a crest since if one starter from a generations gets a crest he will give crest to all other starts

Personally I would trade Infernape's crest just so that it can learn drain punch.  I just want my monkey boy with iron fist to learn drain punch.... 😭

7 minutes ago, Calentz said:

Personally I would trade Infernape's crest just so that it can learn drain punch.  I just want my monkey boy with iron fist to learn drain punch.... 😭

Bruh, I am with you, I feel it too.. I like Infernape just as much as Boltund..
Iron Fist is just a punch version of Strong Jaw and you already saw me talk well about this ability at length above so the same applies to Iron Fist, specially since Punch moves are 10 points stronger than bite moves (Except Crunch, I guess), I always tend to pick Chimchar as my starter

3 hours ago, MhicKy said:

The reason why I agree with the Infernape Crest being shit is because, like explained on the wiki, Jan -had- to give him a crest since if one starter from a generations gets a crest he will give crest to all other starts, my reasoning with the Umbreon crest is basically the same, he does NOT need a crest per se but since I am suggesting crests to every Eevelution then I feel like doing something quirky like this is better than buffing it even further and make it broken, I mean, what else could I do? Umbreon is already pretty strong..

Ah I see. I was not aware of this reasoning behind the Infernape Crest. So it wasn't intended to be useful but rather just as an equalizer? I suppose I can understand that. 

3 hours ago, MhicKy said:

I changed Jolteons to deal only normal damage to ground-types and if it goes first, it's hard to figure it out a crest for him without making it OP.. My other option was to give it Solar Power but I feel like this would be too strong on a Solar Team, even tho' it doesn't learn Solar Beam..

That's a bit better, perhaps it also lowers speed to even it out the odds a bit. 

2 hours ago, Calentz said:

Personally I would trade Infernape's crest just so that it can learn drain punch.  I just want my monkey boy with iron fist to learn drain punch.... 

I'd love Drain Punch on my Infernape as well. Although I have no idea what I'd be willing to part with for it if anything. I do like Mach Punch for the priority, priority moves have been something of a carrier for me throughout this game and Close Combat is a really good sweep move so I'm not sure I could give either of them up. Then I have Fire Punch to go with Iron First and Flare Blitz as the second stab sweeper. 

2 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

I'd love Drain Punch on my Infernape as well. Although I have no idea what I'd be willing to part with for it if anything. I do like Mach Punch for the priority, priority moves have been something of a carrier for me throughout this game and Close Combat is a really good sweep move so I'm not sure I could give either of them up. Then I have Fire Punch to go with Iron First and Flare Blitz as the second stab sweeper. 

We all would love to have Drain Punch on our lil'monkeys..

I usually go with Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Close Combat and Mach Punch.
Mach Punch for the same reason, priority, also it gets boosted by Iron Fist anyway, I prefer to rely on Fire Punch more since the damage gets bumped up to 86 anyway, I don't like the recoil of Flare Blitz unless it's totally necessary like in Pokemons like Talonflame that doesn't have a better alternative but Infernape has a high Attack and with STAB he can OHKO most things with that as long as he gets a super effect going.. Thunder Punch is just godly on him too, as long as you're not against a Water or Flying-type with high Def you can OHKO them just fine

On 8/20/2021 at 2:37 PM, Cyphre said:

Leafeon and Glaceon received them because they SUCK. Not because they are underperforming, because they completely sucked ass and were barely viable, if at all. There are not "multiple" pokemon who need crests more, there are hundreds of those who would benefit from crests more. If you check who got crests, around 90% of those are very weak and underperforming pokemon, with only exceptions being several starters and Sylveon, who always had very bad stats for a legendary, and this crest finally put him on the level of others. 

I agree with this, even more with the Glaceon part. Glaceon in the competitive is kinda good, but in a playthrough... I think the part where it sucks more is the movepool. Glaceon movepool is TERRIBLE. Normaly, every time i played with him (hack-rom or not..) my moveset ALWAYS would be Blizzard, Ice Beam, Hail and Shadow ball. It has few-to-little coverage moves, but he has a lot of ice moves for no reason. I think it i was the one making the Glaceon crest.. Wouldnt be about type-match ups, but something like, instantly set-up Hail and double the effect from Ice Body or his other abillity. Or something about his moveset..

Spiritomb never was powerful, especially after fairy type arrived, because he lacked both speed and recovery, so you could build him either as dream eater, or priority user, which were both bad. Now he is actually strong, a bit overtuned in my opinion even after a nerf. Before crest he was garbage. 

Never.. was... powerful?

* vietname war flashbacks againts Cynthia *

Dusknoir, again, while having good stats, have absolutely terrible movepool he simply cannot utilize. His highest base moves we can get normally are 75 base power punches, now he can viably use coverage moves like Rock Tomb, Bulldoze, and his Shadow Sneak will not simply tickle an opponent. 

This is true, and, i think the majory of people use Dusclops with Eviolite instead of Dusknoir, its just like Porygon all over again.. Porygon2 is bulkier then PorygonZ, and Dusclops can be bulkier then Dusknoir, so i really enyojed the Dusknoir crest!