Intense Mode Morty Fight

Xtrack

Well finally got lucky and won by pure luck of the AI being dumb. 

2 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

Who fight? I dont remember any Morty. 

This was for the virtual gym leaders questline where you face the Johto region gym leaders. 

"Aaah gee.. Se-Seems like you beat me, huh?.. Oh, man.. Rick's gonna be so mad.. Oh gee.."
16 Mind-Blowing Rick and Morty Fan Theories

Jokes aside, the only way to beat him is RNG anyway.. You gotta get LUCKY that his Hypnosis fail so he doesn't do the Dream Eater combo and because of the Glitch Field, Hypnosis becomes 90 accuracy instead of the usual 60 so it's extra thought.. Having a Gengar that early as well is ridiculous and since you can't really alter the virtual badge teams it really is dependent on RNG..

I actually cant remember Virtual gym leader being hard lol even in intense, the only one that is very threatening is Karen when doing the elite 4, really need some great rng to bypass that Umbreon.

Then again i pick cyndaquil as my starter not sure about the others

4 minutes ago, fellowry said:

I actually cant remember Virtual gym leader being hard lol, the only one that is very threatening is Karen when doing the elite 4, really need some great rng to bypass that Umbreon.

Then again i pick cyndaquil as my starter not sure about the others

He's the only hard one, not even the elite 4 or the champion is as hard as Morty for me.. All because of that RNG.. The only Pokemon you have to counter him is the Eevee with Shadow Ball and that's it and it takes 3 Shadow Balls to down that Gengar, if he hits Hypnosis (which I said above gets it's accuracy bumped up to 90% because of the Glitch Field) he then just uses Dream Eater and heals all the damage right away.. none of your Pokemons are a good counter to that Gengar other than the Eevee.. My main strategy is just to use every Awakening, Full Heal and Chesto Berry I have everytime he puts the Eevee to sleep and wait for that moment he ends up missing the Hypnosis to get some damage done..

11 hours ago, MhicKy said:

My main strategy is just to use every Awakening, Full Heal and Chesto Berry I have everytime he puts the Eevee to sleep and wait for that moment he ends up missing the Hypnosis to get some damage done..

It's been a while but I'm almost certain this is what I did as well. I definitely relied almost solely on the Shadow Ball Eevee in that battle.