Valarie on INTENSE V12 MONO FIRE RUN!!!!! HELP

Dragon Master

So hey everyone . I'm gonna start a fire mono run in V12 intense mode , cuz v 13 is having bugs for now. And my primary concern is how the heck do I beat her.

I know I can't do this alone so I came to take help of my rejuveians.

please give me tips on the strategy, mons, training etc all that kind of stufff

Umm alright, firstly I'd like to wish you all the best and now, all I can suggest is that you can prioritize on speed coz many pokemon that can stand up to her are available after her badge. Yeah, none of the fire pokemon up till that point can really stand up to her (atleast none come to mind), idk if there are any pokemon that can learn thunder or grass moves there so try to counter her pokemon's secondary typings. well, this may have been unproductive but this is all I could conjure up. have a nice day

Tbh idk if this ones gonna be doable. I don't think there's any fire types that you can have at this point that'll be able to take any hits from her team. The only way I can see this being done is if you chose blaziken as your starter and you somehow set up a bulkup or two with blaziken. If your playing on V12 that means that the sheridan move tutor is avaiable before hand to give blaziken  hjk right when it evolves at 36. That's probably the hardest move you''ll be able to hit her with. There's no way to change the terrain or anything with fire mons so blaziken with some bulk ups and +speed is really your only way to outspeed her swift swim mons. Then you'll need to crit her primerina probably. As far how setting up will be possible, you'll need to find someway to confuse or para one of her mons and then have her hit herself or get full para'd while you set up with blaziken. I don't really see another way to do this.

Tentacruel is the best setup fodder on her team. It has no crippling status, it's the weakest attacker on her team, and it's physically frail. Anything trained in SpDef should live one hit.

+3 Lvl 40 252 Atk Silk Scarf Blaziken Frustration vs. Lvl 42 252 HP / 0 Def Primarina: 162-191 (102.5 - 120.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO - this is your best bet for Primarina. High Jump Kick with a Fist Plate is only a roll at +3, and it's not in your favor. Silk Scarf is in place of one Metronome boost. You can also get pre-poisoned and use Facade at +2: +2 Lvl 40 252 Atk Silk Scarf Blaziken Facade (140 BP) vs. Lvl 42 252 HP / 0 Def Primarina: 178-210 (112.6 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I forget - are Passho Berries available before this fight? That could give you the wiggle room needed to take out Qwilfish, since there's no way you're setting up on it between its huge speed and Aqua Jet. Could also burn it with Flame Body.

Also as 7ravens suggested, Magcargo can actually sweep too. Max attack max speed Jolly with Rock Slide can OHKO and outspeed everything barring Qwilfish at +6. It's more setup time than Facade Blaziken though and also has a chance to miss its moves.

I've seen somebody do it on Reddit a while ago...

1. Have a 252 HP/Def (+Def nature) Simisear Yawn Qwilfish turn 1, the AI proceeds to take it out in turn 2.

2. Choose Torchic as your starter, +252 Atk/Int adamant Blaziken now has a chane to set up. Reset until Qwilsifh is sleeping for 4 turns
3. Sweep her team at +4 with HJK/Poison Sweep

For reference:

Phanpy's have a chance to carry passho berries (reduce dmg from very effective water attacks). So might want to farm a few of them, not just for valerie but overall, before you leave for blacksteeple!

Aside from that. Good luck. I beat her on V13 normal mode in a rock mono (set mode, no items in battle except given ones), so I feel your worries. ^^

Edited by Rage991