uhm... WHAAAAT!?!? the f o.o

Enjiro Redfox

(Sorry, this may be some kind of rant but shouldn't be taken word for word, it's actualy more a cry for help)

Hello Folks....

Is this game a TROLL? no, seriously... I am at the FIRST gym leader... the unfriendly FIRE-guy... so I thought "Hey, I have a WATER type (Poliwag) so I attack his FIRE-Type Vulpix wich is also 2 LEVELS BELOW my WATER-Type Polytoad and... do RIDICULOUSLY LOW damage... but his FIRE move AGAINT my WATER-type nealy KILLS it!?!?!? WHAT THE ACTUALY F... HOW!?!?! WHY!?!?! this DOESN'T make ANY sence at all! like AT. ALL. !!!1!!eleven!!

O.O

So... is this game ment to be trolling me? I thought I just played like an Intro (And yes this has got me kooked up into the story of this game and it was great up to this point and I like the redesigned, type-changed Pokemon) but it seems that it already was the whole game and this Cult-Leader dude the end boss. Finding the Town and getting your real Starter was just an Epilog then with the story ending by the Protagonist being turnrd into ashes by the Fire-Guy never to be seen again. Is that the Story of this Game! If so, its a Troll, if not... its a Troll aswell because its entirely just HIGHLIY COMPETITIVE players who win WCSs ... or Cheaters... well I can add 6 Mewto lv 100 into my team likte "Hey, That's fun, isn't it?! >x< Aaaaargh!

EDIT: Sadly the game ends here for me...(if I can't repair my file)... I play the R.E.M-Edition and tried to use the "Debug"-option inside the Menu to power up my Team and to weaken the gym leader... seems that broke it... the girl in front the cave won't make way even after I unpluged the Modem, the Bruizel at the shore doesn't react to my PokéSnax, changing EVs doesn't apply anymore even after a battle and he STILL chrushes my entire team with his first PokéMon -.-

It is realy Sad, because the game realy looked very interesting and I played 6hrs in a row until this point. But with THAT INSANE DIFFICULTY it is outright unplayable for the vast majority of common PokéMon-Fans.

Edited by Enjiro Redfox

Use a flash fire Fire-type (with this the battle will be easy for 3 of his mons) or use a spheal with thick fat if you picked it as a starter. The burning terrain boosts fire damage and halves water type power. 

15 minutes ago, BRS swag said:

Use a flash fire Fire-type (with this the battle will be easy for 3 of his mons) or use a spheal with thick fat if you picked it as a starter. The burning terrain boosts fire damage and halves water type power. 

I am currently downloading the Game-Files again to try and repair my File, otherwise I'll start ofer again (Would be a bit extra sad because I'd had a shiny in my Team and the Grind would begin again (I hate grinding it breaks the flow of the game and is just nagging)) Also I'll look for a Mod that chages the Difficulty ... the Way it currently is I am unable to realy play it. And to level up new pokemon I even dont like before every boss battle just to get throgh one wall and dump them then is also not my thing. 

And yeah... how could I not have thought that up? Its so obvious that you fight on a field that totaly puts you in even more dissadvantage -.-

Edited by Enjiro Redfox

1 hour ago, Enjiro Redfox said:

HOW!?!?!

Poliwag's Special Attack is super bad. Vulpix's special defense is pretty good to start with. Additionally, Vulpix has the drought ability which immediately creates sunlight on entry. Drought cuts the power of all water moves and boosts all fire moves. Additionally, you fight him on a grassy field, which flame burst will turn into a burning field, which applies an additional reduction in damage to water moves and an additional increase to fire moves. So the How is that Vulpix's fire moves are more powerful, while Poliwag's are 4* weaker before type effectiveness is applied.

As for what to do about it: Vulpix is level 17 so if Poliwag was two levels higher it should have learned Rain Dance at 18, this will have you instead battle  on the Rainbow Field, which will remove most of those advantages I just mentioned.

1 hour ago, Enjiro Redfox said:

I tried to use the "Debug"-option inside the Menu to power up my Team and to weaken the gym leader

Uh...what did you do? Because the only way you could really have broken the game with debug is gone and messed with flags and variables, which you really should never EVER do. Even then I'm rather stumped at what you could have done to make EVs stop applying at all.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, wcv said:

Poliwag's Special Attack is super bad. Vulpix's special defense is pretty good to start with. Additionally, Vulpix has the drought ability which immediately creates sunlight on entry. Drought cuts the power of all water moves and boosts all fire moves. Additionally, you fight him on a grassy field, which flame burst will turn into a burning field, which applies an additional reduction in damage to water moves and an additional increase to fire moves. So the How is that Vulpix's fire moves are more powerful, while Poliwag's are 4* weaker before type effectiveness is applied.

As for what to do about it: Vulpix is level 17 so if Poliwag was two levels higher it should have learned Rain Dance at 18, this will have you instead battle  on the Rainbow Field, which will remove most of those advantages I just mentioned.

Uh...what did you do? Because the only way you could really have broken the game with debug is gone and messed with flags and variables, which you really should never EVER do. Even then I'm rather stumped at what you could have done to make EVs stop applying at all.

Thank you for the reply :)

Rainbow Field sounds good, I'll try that.

And now I at least understand what happened within that battle there.

And ... As I've just seen and edeited into my Post, I play the R.E.M - Version and I doint know what I have done to break it that way ^^'
All I did was:

Before The Gym Leader:

- Editing Natures

- Healing Party

After encountering the Gym Leader:

- Editing EV

- Insert Pokemon

- Insert Items

- Edit the gym Leaders "Skill" vallue (That was most likely the worst thing I've done because it forced a script crash with save and restart)

- Edit Natures

- Using Map move

- Edited the gym leaders "Skill" value to what it was before (as a try to fix it, but again script error with save and restart)

Edited by Enjiro Redfox

6 hours ago, Enjiro Redfox said:

- Edit the gym Leaders "Skill" vallue (That was most likely the worst thing I've done because it forced a script crash with save and restart)

- Using Map move

- Edited the gym leaders "Skill" value to what it was before (as a try to fix it, but again script error with save and restart)

Yep, those would probably do it.

Follow the instructions here:

But you're looking for Desolation REM instead (don't know exactly how that works as I haven't played that mod) See if there are any backups. If there are you should be able to delete your current save and use one of the others following those instructions. Just make sure its from before you tried doing the above.

There are also several Pokémon with the move Water Sport available. Water Sport seems like a useless move, but it can stop the effects of the burning field. If you use Water Sport before Vulpix uses Flame Burst, the grass field will not catch fire. Magby also knows Flame Burst, so keep that in mind. 

As for your possible Fire type counters, Buizel is available if you have a Poké Candy(you can buy one in the Pokémart). Surskit, Poliwag and Lotad are available, and Numel is also a possible option. Numel can learn Magnitude which sadly doesn't deal a lot of damage because of the grass field, but it takes reduced damage from Fire type attacks. Another option is a Bibarel with Rollout.  

I actually swept Connor with a Poliwag using a Rain Dance and Water Gun combo. 
He's nothing if he can't burn the field and I didn't even consider that, I just wanted Rain Dance to reduce his damage and boost mine. It also nullifies his Vulpix's drought. 

Generally, I don't find the Poliwag line to be that great but it was the best water option at this point in the game other than the real starters and I opted for Snivy as at the time I was most in need of a grass type. I have a little more respect for it now.