HeLp WiTh GoOmiNk QuEsT!!

Feng Lei

I am having trouble activating the Goomink Quest. I've visited the kingdom of Goomidra and talked to literally everyone. (I have completed the main game). And so far, I cannot figure out how to get into the castle. The guards won't let me in. And Goomink does not battle me. He just sits there like a player character and does his "....!"... whatever that means.

And the guards say I am a stinky human! The nerve!

All help center requests in Neo Gearan are complete. Actually, with this particular save file, ALL help requests period are complete, as are all requests I am aware of, bar the Goomink one... and... uh... it seems impossible for me to trigger anything.

22 minutes ago, Feng Lei said:

I am having trouble activating the Goomink Quest. I've visited the kingdom of Goomidra and talked to literally everyone. (I have completed the main game). And so far, I cannot figure out how to get into the castle. The guards won't let me in. And Goomink does not battle me. He just sits there like a player character and does his "....!"... whatever that means.

And the guards say I am a stinky human! The nerve!

All help center requests in Neo Gearan are complete. Actually, with this particular save file, ALL help requests period are complete, as are all requests I am aware of, bar the Goomink one... and... uh... it seems impossible for me to trigger anything.

Hey there, 

it seems to me you haven't solved the "Missing Miltank" Problem at Yui's Ranch yet, once that's done he should come down there once you try to enter the castle

I hope this helps

Do the night time quest at yui's ranch. Then, you will get access when you go back to the kingdom. 

Uhh... I already did that, like, loooong ago. I was following the 100% walkthrough here. Many thanks to the one who wrote it, and forgive me but your name escapes my brain right now. But anyway, I followed that walkthrough, and did the Yui's Ranch sidequest already. Maybe there is something I'm supposed to do at Yui's first? After the Quest completes? I will check there right now just to be sure I needed to confirm stuff with Ben. Maybe that is the true "ending".

Have you completed all sidequests involving team AA ? All of those are normal help center quests. Is it possible you haven't unmasked the Malamar in Honec Woods ? In Neo Gearen there's a small moment in the main building where Jan and Adrienn interogate a xen grunt, that might be another possibility. 

I... I did not complete the Honac Woods quest. Which is bizarre as it gets. I think somehow I ended up not saving after doing that quest in particular, and then reset later without thinking. Only explanation that makes sense to me. Although I unmasked the Malamar but did not go back to the ranch. So maybe that had something to do with it.

Oh well... and I uncovered a bug. If I use Golden Wings to fly back to Yui's Ranch, Ben does not finish his sentence about the weird scientist leaving the letter. Instead, he stops mid sentence after saying all the miltank were returned, and the quest remains permanently in a state of incompletion. (It seems forces are a work to prevent me from starting the Goomink quest!). I fixed it by redoing the quest and then just running to the ranch. I have not tested if it does the same with regular Fly.

Thanks for all the help!

• Like 1